Cher Maman...

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 16, 2018 2:40:39 GMT -5

Maman,

I miss you! Bien sur, I do. Not just sucking up in the hopes that you'll send me some more chocolates from Honeydukes. But honestly, being without Hogsmeade trips is so sad. My stash is... abysmal. So I wouldn't say no to some pumpkin pastilles, sugar quills. Chocolate cauldrons if you're feeling generous and I mean, I did just turn 16 a few weeks ago. So I think that's deserving of some treats.

Okay, sweet tooth aside, classes are going well! You know, Divination is going great. And Care of Magical Creatures, and Charms... other stuff is okay. Potions is still a nightmare. But I just have to survive OWL exams, and then it'll be fine. I don't plan on taking Potions ever again, honestly.

Quidditch!! WE WON! I don't know if Vic told you yet, but THE LIONS WON. It was a big win, 210-70. I mean, a few more shots, and I wouldn't even have had to catch the Snitch to win. Obviously, I caught the Snitch. And that felt great. Would've been more satisfying if we played against Slytherin, not Hufflepuff. But a win's a win, and I'll take it. Roxy and I ran around chanting at the top of our lungs afterwards. We may have been told to shut it.

Anyways, Louis is good too! I'm sure he'll send you a letter soon, too. How are things at home? I'll send Dad a letter separately, so he feels the love, and all that. Hopefully, the next Hogsmeade trip won't be cancelled, and I'll be able to see you, if you can make your way to Hogsmeade.

Love,
Dom

@fleur
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 16, 2018 9:10:52 GMT -5

Ma fille chérie,

I miss you too, darling but before I even read the rest of the letter those first three words made me aware that you were after something. I will speak to your père about taking me to Hogsmeade, my lack of magic has led to a lot of side along apparation so as much as I'd love to go and get you some treats. I'm afraid it will have to wait. And before you ask, I'm not sending your père alone because you will end up with the entire shop and as much as I love you and miss you, I'd rather he didn't spend a small fortune on sweets. I will make a list of what you've asked for and maybe if you're lucky, I'll send you a few extra surprises.

Now we've passed the bargaining point. I'm glad to hear classes are going well, your Uncle Charlie will be thrilled to know that you're not flunking Care of Magical Creatures at least. I'm glad to hear Divination is going particularly well and that you're on your way to graduating with a good grade in that lesson. I don't want to nag but have you considered pursuing it as a study at University? The career options are small, but I'm sure that you could shine in a job like that. Potions is an awful subject, you definitely got that from me. That doesn't mean I want you 'winging' those classes though; please study enough though or else I'll put a ban on sending you treats. (I mean it).

Oui, oui, I heard all about Gryffindor winning the match; your sister screamed it at me when she found out. I'm very proud of you and so is your father. You and Roxy are scarily alike, I'm surprised you didn't get in trouble straight away or did your head of house turn a blind eye, until the early hours of the morning because they were celebrating too? When is your next match? You'll have to let me know how that one goes as well chéri.

Your brother will probably keep forgetting to send us a letter; we may get one about Christmas if we're lucky. Everything at home is fine, your father has been working a lot less since people started losing their magic, maybe it's a sort of blessing in disguise that less people are able to cast curses on people and things. I on the other hand, are focusing on writing columns and translating conversations more, I can't really do much curse breaking when I have no magic. I tried... it's impossible.

When you find out the date of your next Hogsmeade trip and if it's allowed or not, let me know and I'll definitely be there to see you. I'll find a way, I promise.

Love,
Maman

@dominique