options

Post by Deleted on Nov 19, 2018 13:31:58 GMT -5

[attr="class","backgslyth"]
[attr="class","lyric1slyth"]cool out

[attr="class","lyricbgslyth"]
[attr="class","lyric2slyth"]I know I'm always pacing
And I blame it on the pressure I'm facing
I wanna take things slow

[attr="class","textbodslyth"]Artemis hadn't expected to need to go into Hazard today--but life was just full of bloody surprises, wasn't it? She didn't really mind. Her internship was fun, and Hazard was awesome. The offices were cool, the people that worked there were great... but it was definitely time-consuming. And this was one of the first times that Artemis had needed to really manage her time. Because her sixth year was a year of taking on responsibilities, which was new for her. Scary, good... but new. And she was still trying to gain her bearings of it all. Between editing the yearbook and her internship, she could feel the anxiousness building up just a little bit. Or a lot a bit. That was far from the point, though. Artemis was surviving it, and Hazard was a great fit for her. Apollo liked to joke it was because it was named hazard, but that wasn't it. The magazine was just her style, and Artemis hoped she could work there out of Hogwarts.

For now, though she was doing the grunt work. Which was fine, but today had been rather unplanned, and Artemis had had to dash out right after her Languages class to make it to Liverpool. Stepping out of the Floo, she quickly shook the soot from her jacket and made her way to her cubicle. There were assignments to hand out, interviews to prep for--and they needed the intern. Of course they needed the intern. Artemis hadn't even taken a moment to breathe, honestly. She had just picked up the stack on her desk and started giving out everything to... whoever it needed to go to. And then--next on her list. An interview. The room needed to be prepped. She was quick to prep the coffees and biscuits, then made her way up the stairs in a bit of a rush. Artemis leaned on the door to the interview door, stumbling in a little less gracefully than usual, and nearly instantly found herself face to face with another person.

This was strange. The interview room was reserved, really, so this someone wasn't supposed to be there, or... the interviewee was early. Or it was her boss. Artemis really needed to look up from the pile of teetering coffees in her hands. With a shaky breath and her face burning, Artemis tried to bury the frustration in her tone under something a little more saccharine as she glanced up at the person. "Sorry about that--I thought the room would still be empty," she apologized, a bit pointedly.

@ open | 425 words | outfit

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.backgslyth]width:410px;background:url('http://www.designbolts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Black-wood-photoshop-pattern-for-website-background.jpg');border-top:10px solid #609a54;border-bottom:10px solid #609a54;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyric1slyth]color:#609a54;text:2px 0px #609a54,0px 2px #609a54,0px -2px #609a54,-2px 0px #609a54;font:30px Dancing Script;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom:-20px; text-align: left;text-transform:lowercase;margin-left:23px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyric2slyth]font:9px Verdana;line-height:9px;text-align:justify;color:#e6e6e6;text-transform:uppercase;float:left;margin-top:-8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyricbgslyth]padding:20px;background:#262626;margin-left:20px;border-bottom:2px #609a54 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textbodslyth]width:300px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;padding:20px;background:#262626;color:#e6e6e6;line-height:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 22, 2018 22:43:01 GMT -5

[attr="class","reasonmac"]
[attr="class","reasonbgmac"]
[attr="class","reasonbigmac"]

cool out

[attr="class","reasonsmallmac"]I live my life in black and white I know that's not what you would like That's all I know, I put my mind and cruise control

[attr="class","reasonbodmac"]Mac wasn’t sure what she was even doing here. It wasn’t like she could sweet talk the Editor of Hazard any more than she could sweet talk Christopher about letting Maya stay out past curfew when she had her.

Maybe she wanted to set the record straight. Robert Bright hadn’t made any announcements. It was unclear if he would. Mac hadn’t been able to get through to him lately. Yes, she wanted to see him start his solo career; get out from under the oppressive wet blanket that was Tiberius Duke, but Robert was also a loyalist. He’d always been loyal to the Weird Sisters II and she could only imagine that it would continue.

Maybe she could get Theodora Mountbatten to talk some sense into him. After all, the tabloids had reported seeing them together more and more over the past few months. Perhaps she would be a good plant, after all. Then again, she considered Rob family. Mac wasn’t about to go behind his back and try and manipulate him. If he was another client, she might’ve considered it, but he was Rob. If there was anyone she could be candid with, it was him.

Still, the meeting was a necessity. They were going over Rob’s interview contract – what they could and could not ask him during interviews for Hazard. The contract was airtight, but in need of review, especially if things went the way that Mac foresaw them.

They wrapped up a few minutes past the schedule and as everyone disappeared, Mac’s cell phone rang. The caller identification read her lawyer – she had to take this. It was probably about the contract.

Pressing her phone to her ear, the lawyer immediately launched into his assessment of the contract. Mac pulled out her quill and tapped it against the parchment, taking a few notes as they exchanged their opinions. Clause Five would need reworking – especially with the exclusivity clause. But Rob would be alright with that, she knew. He trusted her to do what was best – not just for the WSII but also for him.

“Uh huh,” she agreed, standing up and gathering her things. It was clear that the conversation was going to wrap up, soon. After all, Clause Five had been her main concern anyway. She could navigate her way through the rest of it. After all, she had been married to a Lawyer for a few years.

Reaching for the door, it opened on its own and she found herself staring at a girl on the other side of the frame. “Talk soon. Yes, I will. Thanks, Greyson.” A click and the phone disconnected as the young girl spoke to her.

“Apologies, then...our meeting ran a little longer than expected,” Mac returned, coolly. Why should she explain herself to a child…? Merlin, was this girl any older than Maya? Surely, she couldn’t be. Which made her not an employee…but a child intern? Hogwarts certainly had strange ideas about internships these days, didn’t they? “But I’ll be out of your hair soon enough, Miss…?”

[attr="class","reasontagmac"]@ intern | 509 | OUTFIT
[attr="class","credmac"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0

[googlefont=Fjalla One]
[newclass=.reasonmac]width:390px;background-color:#404040;padding:35px;border:1px #595959 solid;[/newclass][newclass=.reasonbgmac]background-color:#ae81e7;padding:10px;height:115px[/newclass][newclass=.reasonbigmac]margin:-16px 0px 0px 115px;padding:0px 0px 0px 15px;font-size:30px;font-family:Fjalla One;text-align:left;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.reasonsmallmac]font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#eee;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.reasonbodmac]background-color:#595959;padding:20px;font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;text-align:justify;color:#eee;[/newclass][newclass=.reasonbod bmac]color:#ae81e7;[/newclass][newclass=.reasontagmac]background-color:#ae81e7;padding:20px;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-align:center;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass][newclass=.credmac]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.cred amac]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jan 7, 2019 1:04:05 GMT -5

[attr="class","backgslyth"]
[attr="class","lyric1slyth"]cool out

[attr="class","lyricbgslyth"]
[attr="class","lyric2slyth"]I know I'm always pacing
And I blame it on the pressure I'm facing
I wanna take things slow

[attr="class","textbodslyth"]Artemis had been hooked on the pages of Hazard from a very young age. Her mother got them weekly and Artemis would always eagerly flip through them whenever she visited. That was how she had gotten interested in music, first of all. Her interests had been on whatever was in the pages of the magazine, at first, but it had all quickly flourished into any and all things music. She had gone from learning the guitar to learning the lyre, after all, and had made it her personal mission to develop an encyclopedia of all songs ever within her own mind. The whims of a young girl, at first, but her love of music had persisted this far. Photography and writing she had picked up at Hogwarts, and when the time came to consider internships... she had applied to Hazard. Where else? Working for the place that had set Artemis on her ambitious path had seemed so fitting. Getting the position had been even better.

The internship also gave her a fair bit of freedom, which was certainly nice. She liked being able to plan her days out and leave Hogwarts if she needed. Technically, it was for intern purposes--which she mostly usually did end up doing, of course. But Artemis would be surprised to find out she was the only person to take advantage of internship privileges.

The tray of coffee and biscuits was still in her hands, somehow, as she glanced up at the woman across from her. It took her a moment, but Artemis recognized her. She had been around Hazard before and knew enough about the magical world to recognize, after a pause. Mac Zhao, famed talent manager, former J-Pop sensation. A few songs came to mind while Artemis likely stood before her like a deer in the headlights. She finally got her mind together, taking a breath and fixing a smile on her face. "Um--no, no. Hardly any worries. The timing might work out fine just yet," she reassured. "Miss Dubois. Artemis Dubois. Sorry for barging in, ma'am," she replied, her confidence growing a bit.

@ mac | 350 words | outfit

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.backgslyth]width:410px;background:url('http://www.designbolts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Black-wood-photoshop-pattern-for-website-background.jpg');border-top:10px solid #609a54;border-bottom:10px solid #609a54;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyric1slyth]color:#609a54;text:2px 0px #609a54,0px 2px #609a54,0px -2px #609a54,-2px 0px #609a54;font:30px Dancing Script;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom:-20px; text-align: left;text-transform:lowercase;margin-left:23px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyric2slyth]font:9px Verdana;line-height:9px;text-align:justify;color:#e6e6e6;text-transform:uppercase;float:left;margin-top:-8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyricbgslyth]padding:20px;background:#262626;margin-left:20px;border-bottom:2px #609a54 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textbodslyth]width:300px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;padding:20px;background:#262626;color:#e6e6e6;line-height:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);[/newclass]