Hard Motives [Kali]

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 11, 2018 22:38:33 GMT -5

Outfit 

Few things in the world brought Donna any pleasure any more, she wanted so many things of her life to be different. It wasn't that she hadn't loved her husband. She had, Nick had been her best friend for years, but there were things that she had been forced to keep secret. Things that she didn't want to keep secret any more. She knew the reasons why, and she understood the risks, the reflections upon both families, not to mention the way that it would reflect on Kallisto. She loved the girl so very much. She was her 'sister' after all, and they were very close. She would never know her true parents, nor the way that she came into the world. For the rest of her life, Kallisto would call Donna sister, that however would never be true. They shared the same genetic bonds that Tara did with Donna. They were mother and daughter. They were close and shared the same likes, and she was so much like her father that it hurt Donna at times, but she had to let it go. 

Her relationship with Kali was one of the most important things, and other than her new job, it was one of the reasons that the marriage to Nick had not worked out. Well, other than him learning the truth. How he did so she would never understand, but he was gone and that was that. She was arranging for him to... meet an untimely end.  Kallisto was the ends to those means, which made Donna happy. She would be a widow and not divorced. He had screwed the pooch, so to speak. She would be offering the chance to Kali while they shopped. Mainly because she needed something to take the edge off. Between her Papa, and Nick, then her new job. Everything was insane to say the least. 

Debating on where they should go next she turned to her daughter and smiled softly. "So, what else do you need?"

Kallisto Ophelia Parkinson
Kallisto Ophelia Parkinson Avatar
Slytherin
187 posts
20 years old
Fourth Year Spell Invention Student at Locksley Institute
Unspeakable-in-Training
Model at Witch Weekly
Seeker for the Falmouth Falcons
Assassin
Animagus: Raven
Wandless
University Student
played by Jade
"I’d rather be the girl whose name dies at your lips every time you try to speak of me."
options

Post by Kallisto Ophelia Parkinson on Feb 12, 2018 13:12:24 GMT -5

The eldest and youngest Parkinson sisters often could be found together. Particularly now that Kali had graduated from Hogwarts. The pair shared a love of fashion--and an ambitious streak, which had earned Donna new employment her sister was most curious about. Kallisto had yet to breach the topic, keeping their conversations light and focused on the entertaining task at hand of finding new finery to put into her ever growing closet. Life was much better now than in had been no so many years in the past.

It was a tragedy--one that infuriated the young woman--that their father was not there to enjoy the world being put to rights. The Parkinson patriarch's passing was one that had  been strongly felt by the witch. She had trusted his judgments and followed his instructions. The man had been the first to introduce her the Dark Arts, back in the days before the subject was taught properly at Hogwarts. 

Her interest in such magic flourished now--and was greeted with strong encouragement from her instructors at Lufkin. Her work at the Ministry did much to keep her mind twisting and turning with ideas. That which was unspeakable, quite captivated her twin. He, even now, was talking at her about a recent lesson with Athena Finley. She and the sliver of a life that should have been, lingered long after the blonde had left, taking in the veil. It was a captivating sight. Her brother wished to be there now. He was never one to love or understand her appreciation for aesthetic beauty. He craved only knowledge--and power--and, of course, a body of his own. 

He had began to push Kallisto towards marriage--in hopes that, he might possess the body of her husband. Not that she had found any magic that would allow him to do so, but he knew that Voldemort had shared a body with a weakling once--and they shared one now, even if he was not as strong as Kali, perhaps he could be stronger than another.  She did not put time or energy into finding her twin a way out of her....for even as he did so torment her at times, she could not fathom being without him. She was surely mad for having a voice inside her mind--but she would go quite insane if the place was ever to be silent.

Being drawn from her internal debate over a finer point of the lesson with Lady Finley by Donna's words, Kali thoughtfully pursed her lips to one side as she considered the question. "There is always a need for more shoes," she answered, flashing a cheeky grin to her sister--one that reached her eyes and made them sparkly mischievously. Today, winter as it might have been, Kallisto had chosen bright, feminine colors for her ensemble. She felt quite pretty in her pastel pink and power blue. It was all soft and quite girly. From time to time, the witch liked to play up the deceptive side of her appearance. Many men were still chauvinistic fools who thought a pretty face posed no danger. She delighted in opportunities to prove them wrong. Her twin had quite a lot of fun then, too. He was a  wicked, macabre thing--twisted up hate and resentment for all who lived. It was that part of her--him--that gave Kali her darkest, most demented streak.

"I must pick up a pair of pumps that matches that aegean fishtail we found this morning." Kallisto was thinking that she might fancy something with a pattern. Of course, any pair of shoes could be charmed or transfigured to match, but that was the sort of thing a Weasley did. That would have been what she would have done back when Durant was in power. But now, they money again. They had power again. She could have all the things she deserved by birthright. 

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 23, 2018 15:02:29 GMT -5

It was the small things that Donna loved, and the things that made her day that much better. Of course she knew that she could not always rely on those things to make her day go from bad to better, but that was life as a pureblood Lady. She had to rely on the things that she loved now, for when the next term opened up, things were not going to be so simple. Her spare time would be very small but she knew that she would give every single bit of it to her sister. She loved her enough to do that, to give up everything for her. She had after all been selfish enough to not give her up, she had had her selfish moment when she was young, and now her punishment had been to watch as she called someone else ‘Mum”. It had been the hardest thing she had ever been forced to do.

”I think besides chocolate and wine my one true vice might be shoes.” She had a whole closet devoted to just them actually. They were one of her favorite things in the world besides the brunette who was with her. She was vain, and self centered and selfish, but she was capable of love, even if loving someone other than herself was often hard. ”Oh, for sure! We honestly need to have a party for Michael to celebrate his betrothal to Lady Shafiq. “ She was sure that that marriage was not going to go well, and that one party if not both was were going to try and get out of it, but life meant not always getting what they wanted and Michael was now responsible for helping to carry on the line. He didn’t have much of a choice in this.

”I was thinking about having a party this summer before the term begins. Want to help me?”
Slytherin
187 posts
20 years old
Unspeakable-in-Training
Model at Witch Weekly
Assassin
Wandless
University Student
played by Jade
"I’d rather be the girl whose name dies at your lips every time you try to speak of me."
options

Post by Kallisto Ophelia Parkinson on Mar 5, 2018 21:24:39 GMT -5

A tinkle of laughter passed the petals of her lips at her sister's words. "Oh, love, wine and chocolates are only vices the old married women may truly indulge in--the young, unattached must keep mind our figures," Kallisto was teasing as she spoke--but there was a truth to what she said. She had been in ballet her entire life and danced still to maintain her figure. But that exercise did not keep her from being incredibly picky about what she put into her body. She had not had a pastry or piece of bread or bit of a pasta since second or third year. Kali would never allow herself to get fat. So, the girl rarely had more than a glass of wine--preferring to take her intoxicants in the form of potions that had no notable caloric content.

"A celebration for The Lord Parkinson's engagement is something I am sure society will expect. It can possibly be pushed off until late spring so that we might do something outdoors, but Michael has a duty to embrace all of the pomp and ceremony of taking on Da's title." There were hints of resentment and longing in Kali's voice, but she made to hide them. It was no secret she had been devastated when their father had passed. The girl was eternally resentful of the old regime for putting the man in such an early grave.

"Perhaps by that time, I shall have a man upon my arm, as well. Bachelors are being snapped up so quickly. If I wish to make a decent match, I have little choice, but to marry soon." She laughed as a thought drifted through her mind, sharing it after the sweet sound of her giggle had faded: "That or wait for this new round of wizards to come of age."

Kallisto was as ambitious as any Parkinson. Her mind was always filled with schemes and plots and delightful little enterprises. Of late so very many of those she knew were betrothed or already married. Times had changed--and the revival of the pure lines through the making of little tiny purists was all the rage. She had little desire to have her body destroyed by a parasite. But she did have quite the desire to have her position in society strengthened through a notable match. Her opposition and desire waged war within her constantly. Even now as she was with Donna, Kali's mind wandered towards potential marriages.

How much did she really need to be THE Lady of some line? Was it enough to be just a Lady? Did she want the responsibility of baring heirs? Or would she rather some feeble minded bloke born late in a line of brothers she could just drug or potion into submission? She saw great potential in a number of different matches. Older men had been holding her eye much more than youngers of late.

At the mention of a party for perhaps no reason at all, Kallisto flashed a dazzling smile. "Darling-sister, when have you ever known me to turn down such opportunity? Of course, I would be delighted to help in any way I am able. What sort of affair are you intending to host?"
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 26, 2018 13:37:16 GMT -5

Donna loved to spend time with Kali. She saw so much of herself in her ‘sister that it hurt her a little. She knew that there were parts of her that had darkness, but that she attributed to her father, and how grateful she was that the girl had been raised to have a somewhat decent head on her shoulder. ”Well, seeing as I am only recently single, darling, I don’t think it appropriate for me to act as if I was young and as attached. I’m almost forty too, I’m not so sure that young even applies to me much anymore. Not to mention the things that childbirth had done to her figure. She wasn’t the best about the things that should go into her body, about the things that should and should not be eaten. Mainly because she didn’t really care all that much.

”It is, but I think we can possibly make a call upon Lord and Lady Shafiq and get their opinions on things. I heard that though she is beautiful, she is stubborn and headstrong. I hope that she does right by her duty though.” She had hoped for Xiomara to be his bride at one point in time but then she had married the younger Crabbe. It was still sad to her that Vincent had died in the final battle, he might have been a right little bastard, but he deserved better.

”Don’t rush too much into your hopes with these things. I know all too well how easily betrothals can fall through, sister.” She never gave much more information that that, she like to leave it that way too. She never wanted to leave any sort of hints for Kallisto to find it out. ”Waiting is always good too, and with your beauty, you will make the most stunning of brides.” She said before bumping her sister with her hips.

”Well, with my new job, I know i need to do something with the right people, rub some elbows. But then again, I just want to have fun and invite friends, old and new. Dinner parties never go well, and I don’t want to throw a ball. Any ideas?”
Slytherin
187 posts
20 years old
Unspeakable-in-Training
Model at Witch Weekly
Assassin
Wandless
University Student
played by Jade
options

Post by Kallisto Ophelia Parkinson on Apr 27, 2018 15:30:59 GMT -5

Kallisto rolled her eyes at the notion of getting the input of the Shafiqs. They were practically ancient. She could not imagine that they would have anything of interest to add. But she bit her tongue and played the part of the lady. If her sister wished to deal with the pair, then let her. Kallisto had interest only in the truly powerful--the likes of the Lestranges and a few select others. There were so many powerful women in the Ministry these days to look up to. She had no shortage of inspirations.

A tinkle of a giggle rose past her petal pink lips at the comment regarding her beauty. "Only part of that will be my own fairness," she countered--choosing to pay a compliment to her sister in turn for the praise. "I have no doubt that the gown you craft for me for that day will be the envy of the wizarding world." Kallisto felt she always received the most flattering of gowns and apparel from her sister. It was as if the best of what Donna created was always reserved for her. It made Kallisto feel most special and spoiled--two things the girl delighted in.

Listening as Donna explained her intention for the gathering, Kallisto nodded in both approval and understanding. "I do have an idea actually--" She flashed a dazzling smile. "You should host an art showing. It would give all the worthwhile an opportunity to mingle--chat--share a few glasses of wine--all without the stuffiness of a dinner party or the extreme pomp and circumstance of a ball. I have the names of a few wizarding artists I would be happy to coordinate with some of the artists I know--and I have a few pieces I would not mind displaying."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 11, 2018 21:21:50 GMT -5

Donna was not a fan of Caterina Shafiq. The girl lacked guidance and a moral compass. Not that she could honestly say anything in that respect but at least Donna didn’t go around flaunting it. She tried to pretend that it wasn’t personal, but it was. The woman was the same age as Kalli, she was less experienced, and had been passed around a great deal more, but she was from a good family, was well bred, but she just grated on every single one of Donna’s nerves. Of course, she wanted similar for Kalli. She wanted her daughter to be able to be the lady of a family, she wanted all of the best things for her. She wanted to be with Kalli’s father and for them to be a family, but most of those dreams had been washed away years ago. She had to pretend that none of this was going on in her mind and she blinked her eyes slowly, giving a small smile.

”Aye, I already have ideas and Mum is on full agreement with me about it too. Though of course, you will be consulted before anything is to be made. Though, i do have some sketch ideas for your party dress. I want you in blue or silver I think.” She said before grinning and winking at the girl. ”Mother in emerald obviously. She’s worried that Romilda will show up and ruin things again.” She rolled her eyes a little but then looked at Kalli. ”Link will likely be in attendance as well.”

She was as close to their Vane cousin than she was Van. The man had been raised with her, and she felt about him as she did a brother. They were close as they could be, and she just hoped that he brought an appropriate date. She listened with interest and smiled. ”I agree completely. You have the go ahead to seek them out, and Mum will give us a more settled date once the little princess finally helps pick a date.”