Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 3, 2018 20:28:58 GMT -5

putting my defenses up
Outfit @alfie
Hank liked to pretend that he didn't have favorite clients, that there weren't those that he would go to war for. And honestly, it was a little sad. He didn't want anyone to think that he didn't value them as a client, because he did, they all meant the world to him, but when it came down to it, there were those that he was friends with. Those like Aflie whom he had been with for years. He had been with the lad through the highs and the lows of his career, but the part that sucked the most, was that Alfie was not learning from any of of his mistakes. He kept making the same mistakes he kept doing the same stupid shit and was driving Hank crazy 

He had asked the younger male to come box with him, a way to get out some stress and so they could talk man to man. He knew that he was not the boys coach or anything and he was no one to really be giving anyone advice on love, but  he was doing nothing but hurting himself with all of this. He was doing nothing but making it all harder. He was working out with his trainer waiting on the younger man to arrive, for Alfie to show up. 

He swung and hit, placing blows into the bag and letting out air with each one, his muscles showed more like this, showed more of the man that he was, he hadn't had it easy and he knew Alfie hadn't either but finding a way to focus made things easier.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 4, 2018 3:12:24 GMT -5

@hank // OUTFIT

Alfie wasn't sure what had possessed his good friend and attorney, Hank Davis, into dragging him along to do this kickboxing thing. His attorney had some mumbo jumbo spiel about how kickboxing was a great way to channel his emotions. Anger, in particular. Alfie had a messy track record with his emotions and it had gotten him into trouble with the law multiple times where Hank has had to intervene to get him out of hand cuffs. Alfie was never really a violet person until triggered by someone, most offences were for disorderly conduct and breach of peace. His intention was to never hurt others unless if he were defending his own. It seemed that once Alfie was pissed off, there was no going back. All he saw was red and sirens flashing. It was one of the nasty traits of his Lycanthropy. His attitude was feisty before he was bitten, afterwards it was as if a wild fire had been ignited inside of him.

There had been a handful of occasions where he had found himself at the Sweat Shoppe. Alfie didn't prefer working out in a gym because he enjoyed the fresh air of the outdoors. Being confined indoors with sweaty (male) bodies had never been something he enjoyed, it was very suffocating to him. However, Alfie was always open to new things. His friend Teuila worked at the Sweat Shoppe as a personal trainer, so he had a couple of sessions with her in the past. She was great and very hot, but he found personal trainers a bit too distracting and he didn't really enjoy being told how to do things. Alfie had always been very stubborn in that sense. However, if this is what Hank wanted to do, Alfie would respect that. He respected the older man more than his own father.

Alfie had been in a really good mood the past week because it seemed that things were actually going...good. A part of him was silently waiting for things to crash and burn, but things were only getting even better. He would be sure to savor every moment of it too, because there had been so many lonely and dark days that he never thought he would be feeling this great again. Alfie was dating a wonderful woman named Arianna James and he was completely smitten by her the moment she fell back into his life. It was sudden and exciting and he wasn't taking any moment of it for granted.

Pushing the Sweat Shoppe door open, Alfie stepped in and immediately saw Hank across the room punching at the bags. Alfie watched for a moment with a blank stare. It looked like Hank was in a pretty good flow and he didn't want to interrupt, but he couldn't keep to himself for long, ever. "Punch it like it owes ya money. Show it who's boss." Alfie creeped up, standing behind Hank like a total pest. That would be enough of a greeting for him. He set down his water bottle next to the wall and stretched out his calves. "So, is this going to be one of yer new packaged deals, Hank? First we discuss my problems, then we punch it out on the bags for no added cost?" he inquired smugly, obviously joking about the idea. This was a trip for more pleasure instead of work but hell maybe they were onto something.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 9, 2018 15:01:22 GMT -5

Hank had learned when his mother had left him that anger was a real thing. That things would not always go as he wanted them to and he needed to find a way out of that. He need to find a way to make things better. For himself, and for his siblings. It had worked and it had helped him find a modicum of peace. It helped him focus the other emotions that he had in his life out and into his work or his kids. He knew that it was stupid to hold all of that in, to allow anger and other spiteful emotions to take him over. So he fought to keep this under control. To make sure that his life was what he wanted, and he was hoping to share that with his friend, and client, Alfie.

It had worked when his life died, it had worked when his girlfriend had left him, and it helped when he was stressed. When a certain blonde would get to him, flaunting her perfect legs and her great record and working for the minister now. Oh, how he hated her. Oh, how he liked her. It was so… complicated. He wanted to beat her some day. He wanted to make her feel what he did ever time that she beat him. He wanted to shove that pretty face in the (metaphorical) mud.

Hearing the man he turned and swung playfully. ”Better be careful, son! Big man’s got guns.” He said before jumping and kicking the bag (and for once he landed on his feet )before bag swung back and knocked him down. He laughed for a moment and then got up dusting himself off and giving a bloke who was laughing at him the finger.

”Nope, new deal. I lay down the law and tell you how it needs to be, for no added cost then you punch out your frustrations, or you find another lawyer. “ He had said it before, but the face he had before taking a long drink from his water bottle would show Alfie how serious he was.

words: 353
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 26, 2018 11:51:20 GMT -5

@hank // OUTFIT

Alfie watched in utter amusement as Hank kicked the punching bag and it came back to knock him to the ground with a loud thud. His body hit the mat and Alfie was instantly crumbling down to his knees busting with laughter at the older mans defeat. "Oi! Careful Grandpa, you're gonna break a hip if ye try to go too Kung Fu Panda on moi." he snickered as Hank flipped the bird at a stranger that was still laughing at his display. Alfie offered his mate a helpful hand off the mats, but he was still laughing at his hilarious punching bag failure. Hank had mentioned that this would be the new deal or else he'd have to find a new lawyer. As much as Alfie enjoyed giving the older gentleman a hard time, he respected him more than his own father, so he'd take whatever words he wanted to throw at him. He wouldn't always put them into action, but he would definitely listen to what Hank had to say...

"Alright, well, it sounds like I haven't got much of a choice then, do I, mate?" Alfie countered, shooting Hank a dramatically defiant facial expression involving his eyebrows knitted together like caterpillars at the center of his forehead, before it transformed into a typical smug shit eating grin. "You've got me out of me fair share of shit and I owe ya for that, so if you'd like me to punch some bags for a new outlet, I will punch bags with ya. " Alfie stated with a bit of added enthusiasm. This wouldn't be so bad! "You know how much I enjoy punchin' things." Alfie shrugged, wrinkling his nose at the irony. At least this time it wasn't a person or a mailbox. Lincoln would be proud of him for trying new things to keep himself in shape, and more importantly, out of trouble.

Alfie lazily started to stretch out his calves and arms with a unintentional game face that appeared whenever he did anything remotely sport related or challenging. He was a naturally competitive person and loved any reason to push himself and his peers to get involved in something. This would actually be pretty fun. "Alright, Coach. Guide me." he stated submissively, ready for anything that Hank would throw at him.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 22, 2018 16:54:31 GMT -5

Hank was known for making a fool of himself, and there were many times when he had wished the next day that he hadn’t been so stupid, but he had fun; and he like to think that he was funny, even if Becky and Robbie thought he was an idiot half the damned time. He liked to have fun and this wasn’t an intentional try to make Alfie laugh but if it worked it worked. He rubbed his neck that smarted a little from where he hit the mat and sighed before righting himself. He hated to be stern, even with his own children, but Alfie needed it.

Hank had been there to try and bail his ass out of trouble every single fucking time the boy had landed himself into hot water, he had been there to help the Irishman through the ups and downs of his career when he could but Hank knew all too well that you can only do so much for people sometimes. He had to make his mistakes and fuck up his life, but even then there would be times that he wouldn’t be able to save Alfie, which mean it would be time to pay the piper.

Hank had anger, and a history that fed into it, but he had found his outlet. He just needed to help Alfie find his. Cracking his neck and shoulders before rolling them he laughed and shook his head. ”Nah, man. I mean, for now, we have the bags, but then we move it up to sparring then boxing. No better way to take out your anger than beating the shit out of the lawyer who takes you for too much coin. I’m a fucking easy target.” The short man started jumping around, all five foot eight inches hopping around and jabbing at the air.

”The stance is the first things. Arms up, defend your face. Well, your head. Cause your brain is there kiddo. Even if it is the size of a pea!” He joked.