8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jun 28, 2018 14:25:37 GMT -5

PROFESSIONAL QUIDDITCH TRY-OUTS
Hi guys! From this day forward, we will not be accepting any job transfer requests for Quidditch teams. All transfers for Quidditch will be made through this page! This is simply because well... professional Quidditch is hard to get into! We think that the fairest way for everyone is to make a system that is both randomized + taking your character's specific skill in Quidditch into account to best see what division they would end up in!

This is for anybody going into Quidditch in any way, shape, or form. So Hogwarts grads, Lufkin grads, players wanting to transfer teams, or anyone in any walk of life that wants to try out. The only exception to the try-out system is if you have an IC plot with a coach, owner, or scout personally seeking out a player to recruit them. Then you can just job transfer request it and let us know that they were scouted IC! Otherwise, anyone trying out for Quidditch will need to come here to figure out what teams they could get onto based on their skill and experience!

So here's how it works. You post on here telling us what character wants to try out. We will roll a dice that will give you a random number between 1-22. Then, based on your character's skill you will be given a modifier. That will help boost up your number and get your character into an even higher division. An example is posted below:

In our opinion, this is the best way to fairly choose where your character gets placed! If you have any questions, feel free to let us know. Otherwise, we will officially start this as our way of getting characters onto professional teams. Obviously, if you are creating a brand new character, you can put them on whatever team you want. This is only for job transfers IC! :)

To make sure everyone understands how to post here: just post below and tell us what character is trying out. You can tell us if your character is specificallt trying out for one team (Jimmy wants to join the Arrows!) and we will tell you the result of roll/modifier to see if he was accepted or rejected. Or you can just tell us they want to try out, and we will just do a normal roll for you and tell you what division they would be accepted into!

You do not figure out your own modifier, staff calculates it for you. If you ever feel like there is an error with that calculation, definitely let us know and we will fix it!

Hope that makes sense everyone! We think this will be fun! :)

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 28, 2018 14:28:47 GMT -5

Okay! Do LJ’s please!!!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 28, 2018 14:31:22 GMT -5

Going to post here to tell myself to do Caerus's to make sure his division is okay!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 28, 2018 14:32:27 GMT -5

Blue please! ♡
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jun 28, 2018 14:48:39 GMT -5

@lj - He's good to stay with the Kestrals!
@caerus - He could move up a division if you want (I want?) but we gonna stay with the Bats!
@bluebird - He got Division B, starting position! I messaged you on Discord about teams but those are: Banchory Bangers, the Kenmare Kestrals, Manchester Mongrels, or Montrose Magpies!

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Updated
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2018 14:26:08 GMT -5

Dorian's been sober for a year and he'd like to try-out for a team BECAUSE HE'S TRYING TO FIX IS LIFE (also be a sober party boy, BUT WHATEVER).
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jul 26, 2018 23:30:18 GMT -5

@dorian - results are below! He got Division C! (Which would be: Appleby Arrows, Derby Dingoes, Wigtown Wanderers, Wimbourne Wasps)

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 1, 2018 22:12:50 GMT -5

Magpies for Blue please <3
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old