Letters to and from Myles/Donna

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 3, 2018 11:01:39 GMT -5

Donna was given this letter to give to @van from her father via her father's lawyer for his birthday.

My son,

One of the greatest lessons in this life that I have learned is the love of a father. Not from my own, for he knew nothing of love, or none that he himself showed me. Instead it started the moment that each of you were born. Dark haired and light eyed you have been a reflection of me and your mother from the moment that you said your first word. You are more like me than I ever allowed myself to admit and nothing would ever change that, I fear.

When my father died I had to step into the role of being Lord. I had to become the Lord, the one that the family looked up to, that made the hard decisions, for the betterment of the family. Not just for you and your siblings or your mother, but for every Parkinson. It was a hard lesson for me to learn and one that lead to your mother losing contact with a few of her brothers, but it was the right one to make.

I know that I was hard on you, but I want you to know, my son, that you have done me proud. If there is one thing in this life that I wanted you to learn, it was that you should always be true to yourself, no matter who you are from, the people that you are around. You are the most important thing, and that is something that no one can ever take from you. I wish that I had the time to show you, to explain to you how much that I love you, Van. I wish I had the time to make amends and make things right, but for now, all I can do is this.

Inside this letter you will find a post dated letter of reinstatement that I have already signed, as has your mother. The only thing that it needs is your brothers signature, which, no doubt your sister has already acquired for you. I can’t make you the heir again, even though I know you wouldn’t want it, but you never stopped being a part of this family.

No matter what happens just remember this. Your actions are your own, but this family is a mirror and everything that you do reflects back on us all. Every action that you make is a reflection on the family. I care not what you do, or who you love, but take caution in your actions, my son. I would hate to see your mother, or our family fall from grace for one moment of insanity.

I love you.

Myles Davis Parkinson.

(words:469)