""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 15, 2018 20:49:02 GMT -5

No time to search
the world around
Cause you know where I'll be found
When I come around
@darius | outfit
What was this feeling? Was this-- was this what it felt like to feel rested? Merlin and Morgana how long had it been since he had felt that? Hell, how horrible was it that he was feeling rested because he had only worked the mines the last two days? As back breaking as the work was he was used to it now. Well, used to it again. The little break he had in Pyxis had done nothing but bore the living hell out of him to the point he was actually looking forward to returning. He'd been back now for nearly three full months and, honestly, it felt like he hadn't been gone at all. Sure, he'd gotten razzed a bit upon return and, yes, the foreman thought it absolutely hilarious to put him loading carts the very first day back. That bastard. If he'd have known that the foreman was going to do that he might have been a little more weary about stepping into the ring at The Bucchae that first night after graduation. Hindsight, yeah? It's always twenty-twenty.

Either way today he hadn't been beaten or bruised or sent to load rock, and to make things ever peachier, he was feeling pretty good. He didn't have to fight as much, thank the gods! So two nights in a row he had off, one of which had been his birthday. That night he had been able to spend entirely with Truly which had only put him in an ever more chipper mood than was typical. Sure, he was always a goof off but today it might have been a wee bit worse. The foreman was used to his antics by now anyway and as long as he kept pulling good numbers the man seemed to be alright with letting him slide. He assumed he had Lord Parkinson to thank for that. The owner of the mines had fired the old foreman right on the spot before his very eyes and he was quite happy about that. The old boss-man was a total prick and this guy seemed a bit kinder. Perhaps it was the new Minister or the new foreman but he felt like change was coming.

By the time lunch had rolled around Jesse felt like the day had flew by and he was grateful for that. He was anxious to get back into the ring tonight and truthfully he was feening for it a bit. He was feening for food, too, and once that bell rang the whole lot of them headed up in the lift to the cafeteria to eat. That was a new development. Lunch breaks. The new foreman said he was sick of seeing skin and bones and worrying his arse off about whether someone was going to faint and land on a pick ax. Jesse had gotten his lunch from his locker and headed back to the cafeteria looking around for an empty seat. He found one and sat down giving a nod to the bloke across from him. "How's it going?

Words: 510
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2018 23:15:33 GMT -5

You can't go forcing something if it's just not right
Words: 566

Darius thought it was fitting that the muggleborns did the hard jobs. Those idiots that worked in the ministry may have thought it was stressful having the jobs they did but he thought otherwise. They didn’t have to worry about oversleeping and missing their shift or collapsing on the job due to exhaustion. He was glad that at least it hadn’t come to that for him but he wouldn’t be surprised if someone took poorly to the work and conditions they were subjected to in working in the mines. Darius was unsure how much longer he or the other miners could take this for. It was inhuman really and it did things to his mind he had not spoken about with anyone. Of course that was It to be said that he was down in the dumps because he liked to be hopeful it would be over soon. Whether that would eventuate or not he had to wait and see.

The waiting was definitely the hardest part and it really tried Darius’s patience but at least this showed him he had endurance and he had drive. Both were neither something he doubted he had but at least he had some proof now. Darius had learned to keep his mouth shut and not speak out unless it was safe for him to speak freely. He was certain that no one was tracking him. They surely wouldn’t waste their time doing that. He was just a former DJ after all and what good would that serve anyone. He doubted he had any fans with anyone that worked at the ministry or who had power over him that were going to waste their time keeping an eye on him. He couldn’t even go anywhere if he wanted to. He had very little money. He couldn’t even apparate home because hew as often too exhausted. This was exhaustion he had never experienced before. Sure he went to the gym and worked out or went running but that was nothing in comparison. After all his meals were not like he had enjoyed before.

Nowadays he ate both out of necessity and as a chore. He had to eat if he wanted to be able to work as he was required to. He often scrounge up what he could from home to make a lunch for himself. He didn’t eat out anymore. He sometimes went into corner shops or muggle supermarkets but he rarely spent more than a few minutes in them as he always felt that people watched him when he was any of those places. He didn’t like that feeling. Sure he knew he would be watched while he was at work but that was to be expected.

There was a new bloke of them in charge here and Darius was slowly getting to know him but that didn’t make him feel anymore safer. The man had once been so confidence and open but now very few people could say he was the same person. He could have worked to convince them but people were smarter than they were given credit for and they would have seen right through him. He was about to bite into his bread roll again when a younger guy sat down opposite him. Darius offered him a small smile and slight nod. ”Not bad, you?” he asked back before did take that bite.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 3, 2018 23:18:38 GMT -5

NO TIME TO SEARCH
THE WORLD AROUND
CAUSE YOU KNOW WHERE I'LL BE FOUND
WHEN I COME AROUND

@darius

Choas isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.

He had heard that, once, on some muggle TV show playing in a muggle bar and he had thought that it was true. There were a lot of people in this world who had tried and failed to escape the chaos of their lives. And everyone had it. The pit was circumstance. It never changed, not if no one did anything about it. There were people, loads of people, who sat in their little pits and wallowed their days away. He had been that person for a short while. When he had first arrived at Kolna that had been him. Wallowing, drinking, screwing-- whatever it took to accept that his pit had gotten a whole hell of a lot deeper.

Not that it hadn't already been deep enough. For fuck's sakes, it had been plenty deep! The difference between him and others was that he had the chaos. He had the ladder. Time and time again he had climbed it. Sometimes he made it farther than he ever thought possible and then the very next moment the rung above him would snap when he went to reach it. He had overcome so much and yet had progressed so very little. Still, he continued his climb, this time with Truly by his side.

He was sure that she did not appreciate him fighting. What woman would enjoy to see their loved one beaten on a regular basis? And he was fairly certain his body did not appreciate it either. There were days when getting out of bed was hard. Sometimes it was damn near impossible. Still, he had pressed forward. Never once had he been late to work and never one had he missed a say. Well, aside from his days at Pyxis, which the blokes he mined with rarely let him forget. 

Darius...he seemed like the kind of guy who had learned to keep his mouth shut. Then again, hadn't they all? Either way, Jesse couldn't recall having too many conversations with the lad, though he seemed friendly enough. Jesse had learned over time to keep his mouth shut, though there were days like today he hardly could. Darius asked him in return how things were as Jesse sat unwrapping a sandwich Truly had made him. He nodded broadly, speaking through clenched teeth in an attempt to be discrete. "Ready to get the fuck up out of here," he snorted. A smirk drew on his lips as he looked up from his lunch. 

"I miss the sun," he said casually. Jesse took a bite from his lunch with a shrug, covering his mouth as he spoke and chewed. "Wish they'd just let us leave early one time. Get to actually see it... It's shit coming in when its dark, leaving and it's dark, being in the dark mines." He swallowed grabbing for his drink. His eyes glanced over his arm and he chuckled slightly. "I guess that means my tats wont fade. Though I'm starting to look as white as you."
Made by Siren of GS and THQ
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 25, 2018 5:43:25 GMT -5

Working in the mines was absolutely shit. Darius found his entire situation shit. He was so glad that his parents couldn’t see him now. Being muggles, they understood very little of the magical world. He and his older brother had only told them on a needs to know basis. Hopefully, that would keep them safe now. There had been no speak of the ministry going after the Muggle relatives of muggleborns but I suppose there wasn’t their highest priority with all this. It was to prove to the muggleborns they were the lowest of the low and they belong here as well as other low rating jobs. Jobs that purebloods and halfbloods weren’t meant to do. Darius wasn’t sure how muggle Miners had it but he knew it was better than this. He had been through so much and while he wasn’t sure how much more he could take. He was just looking forward to the chance when he could get back to his music. There was no telling at the moment if that would happen or when it would happen.

The shining light out of all this now was the ministry hadn’t put any more sanctions on them. There were no more restrictions being placed on them. He supposed he ought to thank Minister Lestrange for that. Well, he would if she freed them from this hellhole completely. The mines were damp and dark and their working conditions were hardly anything to write home about. It was beyond Darius just how they let them suffer like that. But then again, it was their choice to show muggleborns like him just where they belonged. He missed the freedom, having a choice. Making his own choices, he wasn’t sure when he had even done that last. It seemed so long ago. Darius easily lost track of the days or even dates. He often recognised what day it was when managed to catch a glimpse of the Daily Prophet. But he rarely bothered to actually read the paper. To him, it was just full of bullshit. He only ever read any articles on Quidditch having played the spot during his days at Hogwarts.

At least they got a break for lunch. It was something he looked forward to. He really needed this, but they hardly got a chance to go out for lunch. It was such a far cry to what Darius would have been used to when he would have been producing his music. But today he had company for lunch, something else he appreciated. He nodded as the younger guy answered him and sipped on his water. ”You and me both……” he agreed putting his bottle down before running his fingers through his hair and took another bite.

”At this rate, our vitamin D levels will be so low, who knows potions they’ll give us to fix that” he chuckled for adding ”I’m sure the son misses you too mate..” Darius winked. ”Oi, there is nothing wrong with being this white..who knows you may start to like your new look….” he smirked before nodding to the sandwich the bloke was eating. ”Who made that for you?” he asked taking another bite of his salad.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 4, 2019 20:43:15 GMT -5

NO TIME TO SEARCH
THE WORLD AROUND
WHEN I COME AROUND
It was kind of strange to think that this was the beginning of his adult life. He had always pictured it a little...different. Definitely not in the mines, certainly not in any sort of registration, but he'd have been lying if he had said he didn't think he'd have had Truly in it. They had been friends nearly all their life, even dated a short bit before he got swept away in all this bullshit. In truth he had thought that was the end of them for good when he turned himself over. He thought it was the end of everything, really. In school they talked and talked about the work camps that the Death Eaters were in, he had even heard horror stories from some of his classmates, but he had never imagined that the rolls would be switched on him one day.

What he had heard about the camps was wildly inconsistent but the general vibe was the same: it was very, very bad. The conditions were poor, the labor was hard, and the Death Eaters were suffering. While he thought they deserved it he had never thought that the way the Minister treated their families was ever the proper way to deal with things. It was as though everyone who was pure in blood was somehow a criminal and that wasn't just-- it wasn't right. He knew the way that felt. It was the way he felt whenever a family threatened to dump him back off on Monica, or the way they sneered the day he came into their homes as a foster child. Jesse was by no means a bad person, but he held the stigma of what he was in the muggle world. And now he held a new, albeit worse, stigma here.

That was probably the worst thing about all of this to him. Not just the way he was treated or the shit he'd been forced to endure, but that he had once again been grouped with the masses. He wasn't an individual-- hell, they hardly saw him as a human being, let alone someone with goals, ambitions, and things of the like. They hadn't batted an eyelash when they took him from Hogwarts. They hadn't given two shits about the fact that he had never, or probably would ever, graduate from school. Whatever he had wanted to do or be before registration didn't matter anymore. All of the work he'd put in to rise from the bottom of the barrel that he was born in was for nothing. All pointless now. Meaningless, wasted time and effort.

He could have been bitter about all that. Many people were. For fucks sake he'd seen healers and lawyers laid up just the same as him back in Kolna; those people had a right to be bitter. He didn't, not in his own opinion at least. He hadn't made it far in his life and he knew how to make ends meet and how to survive in a world like the one he was living in. Registration was miserable for most but for him....it just felt like foster care all over again.

Only this time he had Truly and he had a place to call home with her. As fucked up as everything was he knew that was all he really needed. For it to be her and him, and for nothing else to really matter. So he worked in the mines, who cared. It was just temporary torture until he could be with her again. Getting his head beat off a mat at the Bacchae a few times a week? Well, it was just something he did for money so that they could afford their life together. It was all for her, and him, so that they could build their life. That was all that really mattered to him.

"Unless that potion's a jug of milk I don't think I'd be too keen on takin' it....If it weren't made by me, I'm not trustin' it these days," Jesse half joked, raising one brow. He had friends who had been test subjects and he had heard stories. Not to mention all those muggle war documentaries he'd seen when he stayed at Monica's flat. With the position they were in he was even less trusting that he had been before, which had seemed nearly impossible until it had happened. 

The bloke joked about the sun missing him as well and he snorted again, messing with his hat with a playful roll of his eyes. "Nah, mate, she probably hates me. Thinks I left her for her sister Night." Jesse shrugged before rolling his neck to crack it. "Suppose I sort of did." In truth he had always been a night owl and now that was even more true. He came to work in the dark, left in the dark, and stayed out night after night fighting in some bloody ring in downtown London. 

"
Ha!" Jesse smiled, taking a quick drink before splaying his arms in question. "All I've got in life mate is that I'm tall, dark, and reasonably handsome. What've I got if I lose the 'dark' part? Then I'm just tall and handsome and that's has to be a bore." He joked setting his drink down and picking up his sandwich once again. His finger raised pointing at the miner across from him as he let out a short laugh. "Though I'm sure a bloke like you knows the struggle." Jesse had made his fair share of female friends in Kolna, some more friendly than others, but he knew of a few that had said they fancied Darius-- though he hadn't really known the bloke well enough to say much about it.

Darius asked about his sandwich and Jesse raised a brow, acting playfully offended. "What? Don't I look like a chap who can make a proper sandwich?" He chewed slowly before a smirk broke out on his face. "Nah, my girlfriend made it for me. Sweet as she is," he crinkled his nose with a tiny smirk. "What about you? Got some twist packin' your lunches?" Jesse nodded toward the other miner's salad.

@darius | Outfit:hat is always backward | Words: 1,029 
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 24, 2019 16:03:44 GMT -5

Sure Darius was used to working in dark environments because all the clubs he had DJ’ed at were dimly lit but the mines were another story all together. The fact they had to work down here without machinery was ridiculous. Even the muggles were ahead of them where that was concerned. It was any wonder that none of them had fallen sick with the conditions they were exposed to. However, it was not for him to say. Maybe some people were just better at hiding things. He would know that pretty well. He had hits secrets too but they were not for him to discuss with anyone. Maybe his brother but the lucky guy was away from all this and Darius wished he had to courage to run away from all this but his ego would have hindered that because it would have told him that he didn’t have to subject himself to all this but here was trying to be brave. But what was it worth? Him becoming immune to darkness or him suffering low vitamin D levels or him making sure he had the bare minimum to eat at all times?

Dar never liked to appear weak and for the most part he didn’t. He always took care of himself. He also took care of others who currently suffering the same plight as him but there was only so much he could do. He only had so many resources at his disposal and the majority of which he had to use for his own sake. He never wanted to appear selfish, that was who had been when had been a free man and working and managing his own lifestyle.

That was in the past now. He lived in shit accomodation now and he did even more shitier work. But at least he knew what it had been like for miners before the advent of modern machinery. He wondered where all that they were mining was even going. However, he knew he wouldn’t be the beneficiary from whatever it was. Their only saving grace or benefit (as some may call it) was that they were afforded a lunch break during the day. However, most of the time, it was spent eating or catching a quick kip. Looking around where he was now, he saw some others with their head down. He envied them. Darius was eager to get back to his dingy bed and close his eyes. His dreams enabled him to escape this hell, something he wished he could mimic in real life too.

At least during their breaks they were able to converse with each other, well unless people were napping. ”You have a point” he replied nodding. Just seeing what conditions they were exposed to down here at the mines as well what others faced with their respective assigned jobs, he definitely wouldn’t trust any potions that were given to him by the bloody death eaters. While he had never cared much for politics, he knew muggleborns were much better under Durant’s rule. Things had seemingly gone down him for them since his death.

”I miss the daylight, though being a DJ I used to spend most of it asleep” he chuckled. It was true, but there’s some days when he was still awake during when the sun was still up but those times were a few. He would often use those times to work out or catching up with his parents. He wondered what they were up to these days. They were lucky for be oblivious to all this mess, lucky them. Darius used to think he was in the best of both worlds being a muggleborn

Darius arched his brow as Jesse spoke. He probably had girls tripping over him based purely on his looks but he was a good guy and women were not only after a guy with decent looks, they wanted someone who had a good head on their shoulders and could hold a decent conversation, not to mention he knew how to joke.”Oh little old me?” he questioned pointing his index finger at himself. ”I do have lines of girls after me for my body” he laughed. It wasn’t completely true nor was it completely false either. He had caught a few women looking him up and down when he was travelling to and from the mines. Though he never went past offering them a smirk, wink or smile.

That wasn’t his own choosing, he didn’t want to be late to the mines and suffer any consequences or he was too tired as he headed home. It was another at in which working here worked against him. ”Well so much for me giving you the benefit of the doubt” Darius laughed. ”Nah mate, I’m single as a Pringle…..” he shrugged and put his fork down and rested his chin on his fist. ”Tell me about her…”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 21, 2019 21:32:56 GMT -5

NO TIME TO SEARCH
THE WORLD AROUND
WHEN I COME AROUND
Obliviousness. That was what some people called it. Jesse called it minding his own fucking business. And it was the key to staying alive. Or it had been before he had landed himself in Kolna. People used to joke that anything could be passed over his head because he wouldn't simply think to ask. In some ways that was true. He didn't ask questions anymore. He hadn't for a long time. Questions got you killed. Information got you killed. And in the fucked up world they lived in getting killed was a lot more common. 

When he had been told that he was going to get to leave Kolna, provided he had another place to stay of course, he had been thrilled. The final weeks he spent in Pyxis felt like forever waiting his chance to go back to Hogsmeade. Back with her in that little house with the quaint front porch and easily broken into kitchen window. When he had been told that he needed to be registered with an Auror he was fine with that as well. Though he would be the first to admit that having the entirety of the Ministry and the Death Eaters inside it having his, and Truly's, address was a little concerning.

His life had a whole lot more freedom and he never questioned it for a second. He had simply taken it quietly and went about his life. As things should be, in his opinion. Jesse couldn't see asking why he needed to go back to the mines. He couldn't see asking why he was still registered, even with the change in Minister. What he could see was endless torture once the muggleborns gave even the slightest hint of discontentment. Before they had been beaten down. They had a right to be angry, to want to fight back. Now...now it would only seem ungrateful. And that could only be met with an unmerciful fist.

So he was bound and determined to remain optimistic. He was bound and determined to act grateful because he had to be. Working in the mines wasn't ideal, but there were worse things. Living under Ministry watch wasn't something he wanted to do, but if it meant being with Truly he would register a thousand times over again. The fact that his life was far from perfect wasn't lost on him. The fact that he had lost so much less than many others was not something he was ignorant to. Before registration these people had lives, and ambitions, and now they simply had memories of what had been. 

The memories were important. It made the fact that each person picking away in those mines was a person before all this. They weren't all just Ministry made machines working their fingers to the bone. Darius spoke of what he used to do before his abrupt career change. "
You were a DJ? That's fucking incredible," Jesse said with a laugh. "Maybe you ought to be playing us some tunes down there, mate. I'm sure the foreman'd love that." An outright lie, but a funny thought nonetheless. The new foreman was a lot better than their previous one, but Jesse didn't think there was a chance in hell that he was the type of man who'd want to listen to trap music.

"Yeah little old you," Jesse egged on. A broad smile crossed his sooty features as he chewed another bite from his meal. He nearly choked as Darius modestly expressed the line he had of possibilities. "Oh I'm sure. I can see it leading out the door now," he sniggered as he toyed with his food. "I'll be sure to get you a ticketer. Tell them girls they best pick a number if they want a chance with you." He was joking, of course, but he knew that there were girls who fancied his fellow miner. Hell, there were girls out there who fancied muggleborns alone. As if they were some weird kink to have these days. Jesse hadn't fought that in his earlier Kolna days. Now, of course, that was the furthest thing from his mind.

"You mean to tell me not a single twist has got your fancy? Or don't they have your fancy like that." Jesse rose his brow in question. He wondered if maybe Darius was the type to be playing for the other team, though he thought maybe he'd have corrected him if he had been. Still he didn't want to make assumptions one way or another. "Let me ask you this: Is it intentional or something else entirely?" Jesse was never without. He was never really one to enter in to serious relationships, not unless it was something he really wanted. That was rare in and of itself but it was never like him to not have someone warming his bed. Being in Kolna he had seen his fair share of couples breaking up. Some from being separated from their lover too long, others split for their safety, or the safety of the one they loved. Hell, he had been in those same shoes coming in to registration.

"Tell you about her?" He mused for a second before raising his hand up. "We'll she's about yea high, and just as much sugar as she is sass." She was too, though he knew not many people knew that about her. Perception was everything to her when they were in school. The kind of sass she gave him was often something saved just for him. And of course the kind of shit he gave her back was the same type he gave to everyone-- Darius included. But she got parts of him that no one ever had. Jesse smiled with a shrug. "She's my ride or die. What do you want to know? Her sandwich recipes?" Another broad smile blossomed on his face. 

@darius | Outfit | Notes:
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 13, 2019 3:28:47 GMT -5

Before he had been reduced to this, Darius had known a much better life and it was a life that he missed a lot. He missed the freedom, the money and he sure knew his skin missed the sunlight. No matter how much they joked about that, the absence of daylight made him feel less than human. The conditions they had been exposed to were definitely not human. At least things were better for them now since they were allowed to leave Kolna. He was happy to be out of there. As far as Darius knew, every muggleborn had left that horrid place. He didn’t think anyone could continue to stay there, no matter if they were a glutton for punishment or not.

Being a miner was far removed from Darius’s skill set. He knew music and he knew it well. While he could never see himself in any orchestra, he was mean to be on the decks and mixing music. He had collaborated with many artists, magical and muggle. Being muggleborn meant you naturally spent a lot of time in the muggle world. It was the world that you were familiar with and the one you had grown up in. He knew that something like this had happened some time ago in the muggle world but the death toll had been much higher. He hoped that nothing like that would ever happen now with this registration.

Darius hoped that the people who had initiated this registration would see sense sooner rather than later and they would all be free and they would be able to live the lives they deserve. There was only so much longer that this nonsense could continue on before people finally grew a brain and saw some damn sense.

Darius was grateful that despite all this, they were still able to crack jokes and there were still plenty of moments where they could smile. He was always happy to talk about his work. Darius had every right to feel proud for what he had achieved so far and he had dreams to achieve much more. He had had his permanent spot on the books at Opium but he dreaded to think of what horrific music they were playing at the moment in the club. Darius liked to think he didn’t have an inferior complex when it came to being a DJ. But it was natural as a human to compare yourself to others. When it came to DJ’s everyone had their own style. Darius’s music style was definitely eclectic and he wouldn’t have it any other way.

Hearing Jesse’s reply made Darius grin. ”Yeah I love it and I miss it terribly” he said attempting not to sigh. ”Oh yeah, I’m sure he would love that. Watch me get dragged away and not return” He knew that it was a joke but he knew what would likely happen if he was to indeed play music while they were down there using the pick axes on the mine walls. Even muggle had machinery in their mining industry. But no, the people who oversaw them here wanted to use archaic methods. Either they were ignorant to the machines or they thought they were truly superior to them. But Darius knew there was a chance that they wouldn’t even know how to operate any of them.

Darius didn’t know how old Jesse was but he assumed they weren’t that different age from how the other bloke spoke and acted. ”Well you could only wish that you had such a long line” the older guy joked in return. He knew that many girls wanted to get with him but he was going to be picky about who he slept with, let alone who he dat3ed. He felt like he had every right to do that, no matter how many girls wanted to shag him. Of course, right now he thought the only other girls would be another muggleborn and not any purebloods or half bloods, unless a guy down on his luck was a turn on for them.

”Nope, I’m being brutally honest with you, don’t have a girl for me right now” THat was not saying, he had never had a girlfriend or friend what benefits but at the moment, it was just him. He was here or he was at home. He was lone at the latter. Most often, the only company he had was when he came here joked with Jesse or any of the others here. Of course, the foreman was out of bounds. Darius didn’t want to get on their wrong side. ”It’s not intentional, I’m just picky” That part was correct.

Darius observed as Jesse spoke about the girl he was with and it soon evident, he was infatuated with her. There was no telling how he felt about her but Darius was not one to prod for details of that sort. ”I don’t know, do you think she’d be willing to give me her sandwich recipes? I mean I don’t want to get you in trouble…..or maybe i do” he smirked before adding. ”Nor do I want you fighting me for my lunch” Darius laughed. It was nice to joke and something that rarely happened at the moment.

Words: 879
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 17, 2019 21:51:52 GMT -5

NO TIME TO SEARCH
THE WORLD AROUND
WHEN I COME AROUND
The way Jesse saw it there were two types of people in their situation: ones that decided to band together, and the ones who decided to keep to themselves. When he was in Kolna he had been the former. It was practically an instinct, one he had acquired through years in the foster care system. He had been in homes not that much better than the ones in Kolna, he had dealt with men who used their fists instead of words, and he thought that out of all the muggleborns stashed away in Kolna that he could fair better than most. Taking beatings and going without meals wasn't new to him. Torture-- now that was new, but the pain wasn't really all that different. He could survive in there and for whatever reason he felt like he needed to make sure that others could as well. Just as he had always done for the younger children running through the same foster families as him, he would take care of those who were stuck with him in there.

Once the word had been given that they could all leave he had turned back to his old ways. He didn't have to watch over them anymore or make sure they were safe. It wasn't his problem. If they couldn't find a place to go, or food to eat, or a way to survive it didn't affect him in the slightest. Out there they all had the same chances and opportunities. Still he wondered what it was like to be free to go on living but not free enough to live your old life. He hadn't had an old life. He had Hogwarts, and Truly, and that was it. Now he had Truly and he would get by just fine with her and her alone. Jesse had reverted back to his old ways of making extra money. He wasn't back to selling, but if things got tight he knew he could. For now he was content enough with the money he was making stepping into the ring every Thursday through Saturday night. Even if it meant getting his ass handed to him. It was worth it to walk out with a busted lip so long as he had two hundred and fifty galleons keeping his pocket warm.

Darius had earned his wages differently before Kolna. Jesse thought that he could probably do it still, if he had the right connections. Places like Opium weren't going to hire him, not with that stigma hanging over his head, but some place in the muggle world might. Then again there was likely the issue of having equipment. Jesse doubted that Darius neatly and gently stored all his things away in a neat little facility before registering with the Ministry. Whatever he had was probably gone, or so he assumed. Just like how all of his own things were just....gone. Like his wand and his owl and his chances of ever fucking graduating Hogwarts.

"Bet you were quite good. You look like the type to hype a crowd. Did'ya used to play 'round here? In taverns and things? Or were you like that one Skrillex bloke-- I've heard about him." There was a short time when Delia wouldn't shut up about the bastard. Jesse could hardly stand the man's music but he'd dance to it anyway if it came on at the club. Jesse snorted at Darius comment. He looked shadily over his shoulder for the foreman before turning back with a smirk. "Ay, they can try and drag you away but we're the one's with the axes, mate. We'll give 'em hell." Talk like that could easy put him in a bad position. The old foreman knew about his constantly running mouth, but this new bloke had some learning to do. If he overheard his banter then so be it.

"Picky's good I suppose. Keeps the batty ones out of your bed," he joked with a nod. In truth he hadn't been terribly picky for the majority of his life. If they were good looking and an easy enough lay he'd take 'em nine times out of ten. He had never been looking for love or relationships with any of them though, and it didn't sound like that was something Darius could relate to. Jesse had only found one dame worth a damn in straightening out for and he'd done it for her without a second thought. That was how he always thought love ought to work. Jesse chuckled thinking again about having a line of women after him. Merlin, if only that were the case he could have saved loads on buying girls drinks. "Oh I've had lines," he teased, "but I'm glad my ticketer's been shut down. Just got my twist, don't need nothin' or no one else."

Jesse chuckled as the elder wizard joked further. "You wanna get me in trouble? Well then I'll tell you all her secrets." The miner scooted his seat forward and leaned toward the man opposite him. His eyes shifted around as though he had some bit of juicy information but the smirk on his face gave way that he was about to spout another load of bullshit. "When it comes to sandwiches what she does--" he drew his hands a few inches apart motioning between them as he spoke, "--she takes a piece of bread. Then another one, yeah? And then she puts all sorts of shit in the middle." Jesse grinned as he slouched back in his chair. He couldn't help but laugh. "That's it! That's her secret. Makes a sandwich every time, I shit you not.

@darius | Words: 941

Quick Reply