Shochet
Wandless
Mudblood
played by Steph
"I thought I sold my soul last night. Funny, he didn't even take a bite."
options

Post by Ayelet Rivka Azoulay on Aug 27, 2018 19:23:07 GMT -5

I saw the newspaper today.

It was shown to me, because of course people like Quidditch here too. I don't understand it, how people do. I did once, maybe. But for someone, not for the sport. I wasn't expecting it. Of course I wasn't. I don't expect everyone in England to know Oliver Wood or Marcus Flint. I don't expect Bulgarians to personally know Viktor Krum. I didn't expect to know Vesper daughter of Ragnar, much less end up sleeping with her.  So of course they don't think the antisocial Spanish girl would know people on the Spanish team, especially because they know Spain goes to the school in France, and I didn't.

But Shiraz's picture was plastered across the section they were all showing me. She's still as beautiful, golden hair and sunkissed skin, bright eyes stark against a windburnt face. She's exhausted and overjoyed, like I've only seen a few times before. Spain won the World Cup, and maybe I should be happy for that, as I know so many friends are celebrating, not that many of them care about Quidditch, either. It's just something that we won, against a good team. And I should be happy, really. Look at what Britain's done, and I'm fantastically happy that they lost because of that. Maybe.

I've only heard of two players, you know? I only know two. That's two more than I'd ever thought I'd know, because I didn't think Shiraz would really make it. I'm not angry at Vesper-- it was a quick thing, over, and we never needed to see each other again. 
Shiraz had eight years of closest friendship before everything. My year's celebrating, I know. Endor's celebrating-- we've never had a girl get so far, be so known. 

I think. I don't know. If anyone's gone famous, they don't mention us.

So I should be happy for our country, I really should. And it's been three years, I should be over it now. 

I am. I'm not. 

It's both.