Unregistered Muggleborn
Shochet
Wandless
Mudblood
played by Steph
"I thought I sold my soul last night. Funny, he didn't even take a bite."
options

Post by Ayelet Rivka Azoulay on Nov 8, 2018 22:24:52 GMT -5

The ring lay heavy in Yelli's pocket. Maybe she should have planned this more, she thought, but this was what you did when you were in love, wasn't it? It had been three years of being with Shiraz, so it couldn't be too soon. She'd hinted sometimes, hadn't she? She wanted more, she wanted this to last. Shiraz had distracted her then, or kissed her. 

But Shiraz couldn't be blind to this, she was sure. Ayelet was going to take it in slow and steady, she knew. She'd already planned their trip months ago, and while she'd thought of eventually asking Shiraz to marry her, it still had only been a distant thought. They were still so young, after all. Others like them, they usually didn't marry into well into their twenties, and they were only eighteen, after all. But three years was a lot, and they already knew each other's families well. Surely they could do this. Marriage and adoption in the usual part had been in place for a decade, after all. 

But last night had--

Last night had been beautiful, amazing. She'd learned more about Frères than ever, had joked with Sofía E, made fun of Yael, planned with Bar, and cried with Astruga and Mazalta. The two Rachels had made a half-burnt feast, and they hadn't gone to sleep for hours until they should have. It was a happy golden time, one Yelli knew she would treasure forever. As she'd laughed while her sides hurt, the thought had came to her, that they could keep this. She and Shiraz, they could be engaged and keep this bubbly circle of warm. 

Shiraz would understand, she knew. Shiraz was also her best friends, and wouldn't have done this if she didn't feel the same way. She didn't notice the sudden stillness in Shiraz, her white-knuckled fists, as she continued on, explaining their week away that she'd planned, as she talked about going into real Spain, not just their Catalonia, visiting Cyprus and Kythira and Lesbos in Greece, ending up in Tel Aviv. 

"And then," Yelli said, taking a breath. Maybe it would be better to do this on the last part of the trip, when they would be watching the sun set or in a pool, or at a club, but suddenly she needed to do it now. "Shiraz, I've loved you for the past two years, if not more. We've been best friends since we were ten, and I can't count the times we've helped each other out. I know you were the first to make your move, so I feel like I have to even this score-- will you marry me?"

Shiraz's aghast face was pale as a sheet.