played by Jade
"rise and rise again like the phoenix from the ashes"
options

Post by Adaline Lily Potter on Feb 3, 2019 23:44:35 GMT -5

Father 
Daughter Chat

Adeline: What have you been up to?

Harry: Worrying about you!

A: Well, someone had to keep pushing to change the world. Mum started the charge, but she can't do it alone.

H: True, but you decided to do it, from the snake pit. So we get to worry about you, kid.

A: I did jump in the thick of things, but I'm where the change needs to happen. We are Potters, Dad. I know you did much more dangerous stuff when you were my age. You should come back to the Ministry, too. The only way to make this place better to be here, to have voices here.

H: And do what Ads? I can't go back to being an auror right now.

A: There has to be something. I know law enforcement is mucked up with the registration still in effect. But wouldn't it be good to have someone who isn't keen on killing muggleborns wearing a badge? Not that they are doing that...but you know what I mean.

H: I don't think Griff Yaxley is going to be too keen on hiring me... I'm still Harry Potter.

A: You never know til you try. Good people have to be here. They have to try. A lot of these people were really mistreated by the Ministry before--after you got ran out. And so, I don't think they are all bad people. I'm sure some of them are. But some just wanted their lives back. Everyone deserves a chance a good life no matter what name they have. Everyone deserves second chances.
You still have your magic. You can help.

H: You sound like her.

A: Maybe I am like her. But I am not her. I'm your daughter. I carry your name and it's just as heavy on my shoulders. I've been tortured by an insane crazy purist bwitch. But you know what. I think she deserves a second chance, too. I think she needs mental help, but what she did at sixteen shouldn't ruin the rest of her life.

H: I know that my name has been a weight on you. And I'm sorry for that. But you've carried it well. And you really think that she needs forgiven for what she did? And did you just say bwitch?

A: Thank you... I'm proud to be your daughter--and Mum's. It is a lot to live up to, yes...but it is also incredibly empowering. I can take action now in this new crisis because I know that you and Mum didn't just sit back when you were young. You didn't use your age as an excuse not to act.

I think wixens live very long lives. It seems grossly unjust that anything that happens in the first two decades of your existence could define every moment after that. I still hate her...more for what she did to Deacon than what she did to me. But yes, I'm trying to forgive her. And I want her to get help.

She grins Maybe....

H: I didn't have much of a choice, but you're right. We didn't sit around. We did something about it. And I'm proud of you for doing what you think is right.

And we do. If you want to get her medical help, I think you've put yourself in a good position to do so. You'll make the right connections when it comes to the medical world, and you can decide what you want to do from there.

A: You can claim you didn't have a choice. But you did. You always have a choice.

This wasn't just a discussion about me and what I can do. It was supposed to be about you. So, when are you coming to talk to Griffith? I'm sure I can get a time put on his calendar.

H: I have to talk to your mother before I make an appointment to talk to Yaxley. And don't you work for Andromeda? What are you doing adding things to Griffith Yaxley's calendar?

A: I think you are making excuses...and yes, I work for her, but I am capable of going up a few floors to make an appointment with his assistant.

H: I think you should stick to the Minister's calendar and leave Yaxley's alone.

A: Fine.

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

Adaline Lily Potter
Adaline Lily Potter Avatar
Gryffindor
154 posts
17 years old
Junior Assistant to the Minister for Magic
Reserve Seeker for Puddlemere United
Ministry
played by Jade
options

Post by Adaline Lily Potter on Feb 19, 2019 0:40:44 GMT -5

adaline lily potter

maybe life isn’t about avoiding the bruises
maybe it’s about collecting the scars
to prove we showed up for it

Adaline Lily Potter
Adaline Lily Potter Avatar
Gryffindor
154 posts
17 years old
Junior Assistant to the Minister for Magic
Reserve Seeker for Puddlemere United
Ministry
played by Jade
options

Post by Adaline Lily Potter on Jun 3, 2019 16:32:05 GMT -5

Some days at the Ministry are longer than others...