Owner of the Monzirje Manticores
Owner of the London Dueling and Social Club
Psychiatrist 
Psychologist
Death Eater
general appearance
Height: 5 ft 6 in (168 cm)
Weight: 123.5 pounds (56 kg)
Measurements: 34-25-35 in (86-63.5-89 cm)
Dress size: 6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
Bra size: 32B
Shoe size: 7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)

Danijela has a very pretty face--and an inviting body...but the woman's silver tongue will slice you open just for her amusement. Her powder blue eyes coax you in, hiding the maliciousness in her heart. Don't let her demure appearance fool you--Dani Kopitar is a very dangerous woman. Unlike many pureblood witches, she is not obsessed with achieving a size zero. She is very comfortable in her body, delights in her curves and mocks the women who avoid food in pursuit of a size zero. She knows she is thin and beautiful. Her confidence in her appearance is readily apparent in the way she carries herself. Dani does not need anyone to compliment her. Mirrors exist, she can see the perfection that is reflected back at her. 

former
BEAUXBATONS | HOGWARTS
former house
Prêtresse1-4 | SLYTHERIN5-7 
achievements
Voted Most Likely to be Minister

7th year Prefect (1996-1997)

Tempestas Seeker, 2nd-4th years
Slytherin Reserve Seeker, 6th-7th years

Dueling Club Member, 1st-7th years
The Advocate, 6th-7th years
Inquisitorial Squad, 6th year
Choir, 1st-7th years {Soprano, obviously}

NEWTS:
Alchemy: O
Arithmancy: O
Charms: O
DADA: E
Potions: O
Theory of Magic: O
Transfiguration: O

university
Maastricht University | University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine
university major(s)
Maastricht: BS, Psychology 
Cambridge: MD/PhD Psychiatry
years attended
Maastricht: 1998-2002
Cambridge:  2002-2009

skills
MANIPULATIVE - Life is a game and while most barely make it by trying to play checkers, Dani Kopitar is mastering chess. She comes across as so genuine, but she isn't. She has her husband absolutely devoted to her. She draws in lovers to amuse herself constantly--she loves to unravel a person. There have been a string of broken hearts and minds left in her wake. She has a way of using flattery that is utterly evil. Compliments seem so subtle, and before you know it you are under her thumb at her beck and call.

CHARMING - Dani is disgustingly charming. Her ability to be well-liked assisted her considerably during the time of Durant's persecution of those with known ties to Death Eaters. She is respected and loved at the hospital. The woman hates small talk, but you'd never know it since she comes across as absolutely delightful at it. Her stories always seem to portray her in a favorable, but still believable light. Her mastery of the humble brag is unmatched. 

INTELLIGENT - Both naturally gifted and well-educated, Dani is undeniably clever. Social acuity allows her to navigate the world with expert deftness, always furthering herself and her goals. 

RISK TAKER - Dani is not afraid to take a risk. This includes engaging in criminal activity if it is to her benefit. See the disappearance/murder of the former Head of the Janus Thickey Ward. She will lie, cheat, or steal to get ahead, if that is in her best interest--especially when the target of her misdeeds are muggles or those who do not prioritize the betterment of the wixen world. 

DUELING & DARK ARTS - Though not a part of her chosen career path, Dani is very quick with her wand and undeniably skilled with offensive magic, particularly spells that grown in strength or intensity by those who have cold malice in their hearts. She runs a very exclusive dueling club.
weaknesses
FAMILY - Specifically her son and brother. She would do anything for either--and will destroy any who meant to bring harm on them. She is not quite as loyal to her husband, but he is utterly devoted to her. He's a long-time victim of her mind games and manipulations. 

SELFISHNESS IN RELATIONSHIPS
- Dani frequently mistreats, manipulates, and abuses the people around her to get what she wants. The witch sees nothing wrong with doing so, since she will really always put herself first. The needs of others (save her son and brother) are never going to be as important as her own. She doesn’t actually exploit others because she has animosity or malice for them. In fact, there is nothing personal about her actions. She uses others when it is necessary or beneficial to help her achieve her goals.

SUSPICIOUS - Dani is very cynical. She tends to believe that other smart, capable individuals are just as selfishly motivated as her. Anyone that she thinks has real potential, she assumes should be considered an enemy. The woman thinks it is a load of crap whenever someone claims to be motivated by compassion or ethics. Probably because she is rather devoid of those. 

JUDGMENTAL - Prejudice in politics, Death Eater by devotion, it should come as no surprise that Dani Kopitar is extremely judgmental. Her arrogance is a natural reflection of her assumed superiority, and she judge others as a way to elevate herself. In line with her belief in her own power and importance, Dani strongly prefers to associate only with those she considers to be nearly equal in stature. Being in the presence of people who are accomplished and respected helps bolster her sense of superiority and worthiness.

NEED FOR APPROVAL & RECOGNITION - Especially from Nik. Dani carries a good bit of guilt on her shoulders for her brother having to go to the work camp. She avoided that fate--and needs to show that she lived up to the price that was paid for her freedom. This drive has led to her being the youngest healer ever to be named Head Healer for the Janus Thickey Ward. A position that mysteriously came open after the last Head disappeared. Wonder how that happened? 
positive traits
BRILLIANT | CUNNING | DRIVEN | HARD WORKING | WELL EDUCATED
ANALYTICAL INTELLIGENT ADAPTIVE | RESILIENT | CONFIDENT
ARTICULATE | INSIGHTFUL | METICULOUS | CHARMING | LIKABLE 
negative traits
BRUTAL | LACKING EMPATHY | CRUEL | MURDERER | MANIPULATIVE
CONTROLLING | SPITEFUL | CYNICAL | CALCULATING | AMBITIOUS
SELF RIGHTEOUS | VERY DEMANDING | NOT GREAT WITH BOUNDARIES
MATERIALISTIC | VAIN | INCAPABLE OF FORGIVENESS | SELFISH 
hobbies/interests
Playing games with people | Being in Control | Wizarding Chess | Knowing Things | Dark Arts | Gambling | Dueling | Potion experimentation | Quidditch | Using people for her amusement | Psychiatric experiments | Cultivating her reputation and international renown and respect | Fine art | Reading, though she has very little time for this | Writing, though the only things she pens these days are letters to Karel or pieces for academic journals | Discussing Psychology | The finer things in life | Unraveling this obscene epidemic 
accomplishments
She has kept an Obscurial alive for many, many years.
Youngest Head Healer for the Janus Thickey Ward ever.
Published her Obscurial research in multiple peer reviewed journals.

Member of the European Psychiatric Association, 2004-present
President Elect of the European Psychiatric Association, 2018
President of the European Psychiatric Association, 2019
Past President of the European Psychiatric Association, 2020

Operates an extremely exclusive Dueling Club in London. 

character history
Nik does a fine job of explaining things early on:

Childhood was nothing short of expected, as the [children] of two runaway Death Eaters. Yes, you did hear right. I was actually born in Cork, Ireland. So was my little sister, Danijela. But then 2 years after Dani was born, things went south for my parents. The Dark Lord had been killed by a child and they could not afford to leave us alone. Our grandparents were already dead. So they fled back to their homeland of Slovenia with Dani and I in tow, hoping to escape imprisonment. So as much as I was born Irish, I was raised Slovenian.

I was eleven years old when I was sent off to Beauxbatons to study. It had been my grandparents' school but not my parents', so I was understandably nervous. But Beauxbatons was good for me. Prêtresse, actually, was what helped shape who I was. A house for discovering truth and deception in the world. Dani joined me here in my third year, and together we stood out. The Kopitar siblings. Both of us played Quidditch. Both of us excelled in the Duelling club and all of our classes. But everything changed when my parents were called upon by the Dark Lord once again. A miracle, they had called it.

We moved after my 6th year at Beauxbatons, Dani's 4th. Back to Cork, my supposed homeland - but Slovenia was home to me. Still, my parents insisted this was for the best. For the Dark Lord. For the sake of Dark Magic and purity prevailing in a world of filth sympathizers. Both Dani and I were shoved into Slytherin for [the rest of our schooling. That first year was] the year of the Triwizard Tournament, which had ironically allowed me to see some of my old Beauxbatons friends. But my parents had told me the truth behind this tournament - because the expectation was that I would get the Mark as soon as I graduated. Tragedy struck Hogwarts by the end of the tournament, and just a short few weeks later, I was proudly sporting the same tattoo as my parents. The Dark Mark...By the time the Ministry had fallen in August of 1997, I was right alongside my sister, enforcing things as they should have been enforced. Fighting for a better world. Not alongside my parents, though. They had been murdered in the coup. It was suddenly just me and Dani.

And then the Dark Lord died again.

I fled. In an instant. I am loyal, yes, but I am a Kopitar. I am a Slytherin. Self-preservation is of the utmost importance. So I fled. Dani did too. We were lucky that our parents had taken the brunt of the Death Eater responsibilities. No one was looking for Nikolaj and Danijela now that their parents were dead. We went to the Netherlands for a while, I did a Master in Neuroeconomics at Maastricht and Danijela got a psychology degree. After I finished, things seemed to settle down a bit, so... we returned.”

That was when we came to Cambridge...well, Nik came first. I still had to finish at Maastricht. Then, I followed my brother’s footsteps once more. I went to Cambridge, because honestly if he was going to be a doctor —-so was I. It took seven years, but I completed an MD and a PhD. I took a husband in that time, too.

Terrence is a dear. He worships me—so that’s nice. He has his purposes, too. He’s pure—and wealthy. Not that I don’t have plenty of my own coin. I do. Oh, darling, I do. You must never rely on a man to take care of such things. Own your own life.

We had a son—Karel. He’s the most important person in the world to me. I might even value him over myself. That’s a bit grey honestly. But he’s had every opportunity and I encourage him still. I have raised my son to see the world for what it is. If you want in this life, you must take it. Nothing comes to those who are weak and passive. So, you must be strong and place yourself first. Selfishness is praised as a virtue in our household.

I took to working St. Mungo’s—though I have patients at Galway, as well. I enjoy my work in the Janus Thickey ward. There are so many fascinating patients. Unique circumstances that allow for unusual experimentation—truly a wonderful place for the curious mind to grows its knowledge.

I’ve just been promoted, you know?! Wonderfully fortunate turn of events. The former head just disappeared. Poof! The epidemic was raging and somehow he just vanished. I doubt he’ll be seen again. Probably skipped the border and is full fugitive now! It’s shamefully scandalous—but I’m honored to be chosen to fill his shoes. I have no doubt I’ll take the ward further than he ever dreamed.

parents
Father: Erazem Kopitar - pureblood, deceased at age 47 (would be 71), Slytherin alum, Death Eater, Psychiatrist

Mother: Sabina Kopitar (née Zver) - pureblood, deceased at age 39 (would be 63), Slytherin alum, Death Eater, Owner of the Mozirje Manticores
siblings
Nikolaj Erazem Kopitar - pureblood, age 43, Slytherin alum, Death Eater, Head of the Department of Commerce
children
Karel Higgs - pureblood, age 16, 5th year Slytherin student
partner
HUSBAND: Terence Higgs - pureblood, age 40. Slytherin alum, Death Eater, Coach of the Wimbourne Wasps
LOVERS: Too many to name, pretty things are so fun to play with. 
other family
Kopitar Family Tree
Death Eaters loyal to their true purpose are something akin to an extended family.
family history
Erazem Kopitar was the second born son of Karel and Giorgia Kopitar.  The family resided in the city of their ancestors: Domžale, Slovenia. His parents were proponents of the practice of Dark Magic, and he grew up with that mentality. At Beauxbatons, Erazem excelled in all things related to Dark Magic and manipulations of the mind (Charms, for example). Erazem joined the Dark Lord and went on to become a Psychiatrist. It was in the ranks of the Death Eaters that Erazem connected with a fellow Slovenian.

Sabina Resnik was born in Mozirje, Slovenia. Her parents raised her to be proud of her heritage - and a proud supporter of the Manticores, of course. At Beauxbatons, Sabina was sorted into Prêtresse in an instant, really. She had a penchant for the darker things and an ambitious soul. Sabina had known from a young age that she wanted to play Quidditch and buy her favorite team - one day. But first, she would be loyal to her parents' cause. Sabina became a Death Eater in 1974, and was considerably younger than Erazem. The attraction between the pair was quite instantaneous.

When the Dark Lord fell, Sabina and Erazem fled to Slovenia with their two children. Erazem continued to work as a psychiatrist and Sabina coached and eventually bought the Mozirje Manticores. When the Dark Lord returned, the pair did not hesitate to move back to Ireland again. They served the Dark Lord diligently and gave their lives at the Battle of Hogwarts. When Sabina died, the ownership of her Quidditch team was transferred to Dani.

The Kopitar family can trace their ancestry back to the early 8th century. Notorious for inbreeding through the 9th and 10th centuries, the family was part of a small wixen community in what was then known as Karantanija. Louis the German recognized Vojnomir, the head of the Kopitar family, for combative magic performed on the battlefield, gifting a great expanse of land to Vojnomir, as well as declaring him a Duke.

The rulers of Slovenia would shift as powers of the world shifted, but time and time again, Vojnomir's descendants managed to align themselves with the victor. Even as one generation lost the family's wealth, the next would regain it doubly so. In time, the surname Kopitar was adopted.

German, Italian, and Eastern European pureblood families were solicited to strengthen the genetics of this bloodline. Domžale, Slovenia became the homestead for the Kopitar clan. Study and mastery of the dark arts was encouraged for all descendants, both male and female. Women were always expected to be as competent with a wand as any man. The family was heavily involved in Grindlewald and then Voldemort's efforts to uplift wixen society.

other
Political Alignment: Death Eater
Moral Alignment: Lawful evil
"A lawful evil villain methodically takes what he wants within the limits of his code of conduct without regard for whom it hurts. He cares about tradition, loyalty, and order but not about freedom, dignity, or life. He plays by the rules but without mercy or compassion. He is comfortable in a hierarchy and would like to rule, but is willing to serve. He condemns others not according to their actions but according to race, religion, homeland, or social rank. He is loath to break laws or promises."

Religion: Atheist
face claim
Natalie Dormer
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
Perhaps.
how did you hear about us?
The Lord Lestrange called us to service. 
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jan 7, 2019 21:34:14 GMT -5

Pending!

Hi hi! So her seventh year would have actually been the 1997-1998 school year, for your year in the prefect section.

And continuing on, for years, Inquisitorial Squad could have been her 5th year!

I have all the confusion about the things in her accomplishments from future years!

That’s it!
Dani Kopitar-Higgs
Dani Kopitar-Higgs Avatar
Slytherin
45 posts
40 years old
Head Healer for the Janus Thickey Ward
Psychiatrist
Owner of Monzirje Manticores
Owner of The London Dueling and Social Club
Psychologist
Maastricht University and Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine Alum
Death Eater
played by Jade
"I want money, power, and glory."
options

Post by Dani Kopitar-Higgs on Jan 7, 2019 23:58:01 GMT -5

Because her school year is meant to be that based on Nik's app and the npc register, I've bumped her birthday back to May.

For the accomplishments, the future ones are just related to her serving as president for a professional organization: the European Pyschiatric Association. That office has a three year term. She was elected in 2017, served as president elect in 2018, is president this year and will be immediate past president next year.
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jan 8, 2019 0:31:08 GMT -5

Accepted