Maastricht University and Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine Alum
Death Eater
played by Jade
"I want money, power, and glory."
options

Post by Dani Kopitar-Higgs on Jan 15, 2019 18:39:12 GMT -5

The Doctor
Is IN

Dr. Dani Kopitar was quite the busy woman. Working as a leading psychiatrist for two major hospitals, the woman was always regularly seeing patients. Some were more interesting than others, of course; but not everyone could be her darling little Obscurial.

She knew very little about the gentleman that was slated to be her three o'clock appointment today. This was their first meeting. He had likely given some information to the receptionist when making the appointment, but the notes were not particularly helpful. Dani found input from others rarely was. So, she would meet the new patient without any preconceptions. He could share with her what he would--and they would go from there.

Legilimens she was not, but the witch was not someone easily lied to. If this Mr. @walker  tried to deceive her, Dani would know. She made a living discerning things others would rather not share. This man, if he really wanted her help, if he really wanted to better himself, to overcome whatever his mental adversities were--he would have to be honest with her and with himself. She was curious if he was actually ready to do that. So few who came into her office really were. 

When the young man was shown into her office, Dani noted his physique and youthful face. Torrid  thoughts of what fun he might be to play with came into her mind, but no sign of any indecency made it to her face. Dani was well practiced at maintaining an air of professionalism. She rose from the seat behind her desk to greet her new patient. 

Walking around the desk towards the door, a hand was extended to shake and a lovely smile was offered in kind. Dani did not look threatening at all. She looked friendly--and is she would never harm another living soul. "Welcome, Mr. Lydon--I'm Doctor Kopitar. Would it be suitable for me to call you Walker?" She asked, gesturing towards the couch and pair of chairs that sat opposite her desk. "Please have a seat," the doctor instructed, as she settled into one of the chairs, picking up a quill and parchment--ready to document anything pertinent from their discussion.     

The patient was welcome to sit in the chair beside her or the couch across from her. Dani would adjust her position to face him no matter which he chose. It was not consequential--unlike many of the questions she would pose to her patients, this one was actually innocent and would not be analyzed to determine some insight into her patient's state of mind. Once Walker had chosen a seat, she swept her eyes up from her parchment and over him, her gaze settling on his face.
"Why don't we start by you telling me--in simple terms--what has brought you here today?"

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jan 17, 2019 18:20:21 GMT -5

the doctor is in
let the fun begin, it's naught but a game
so tell me your sins

If he was being honest with himself, Walker had no idea what the hell he was doing half the time, no matter what it was. From cleaning his home, to work, or even his relationship with his ex-wife. He had never known what he was doing with Ruby and maybe that was what had made it so thrilling from the get-go, but then they were becoming parents, and suddenly they were married and everything had changed. Maybe there was something that changed everything, maybe life was just being difficult, or maybe he was just that much of an idiot. A lot of drinking had happened since that day. A lot of destroying and fixing of things and then he broke down and finished the nursery and that was when he knew that he had fucked up. The only problem was, this wasn't going to be an easy fix. This wasn't going to be fixed by him saying that he was sorry and he wouldn't do it again. 

His anger had not just gotten the best of him, it had gotten to the point that he did not see reason, it was to the point that he was willing to not be in his children's lives over petty jealousy, over someone that he never really had met before then. He wished that he would have tried, but there was no going back now, there was nothing that he could do to make this better yet. He had to let her take the lead, and while he was willing to do so, he knew that he had to work on himself even if he never got Ruby back, he had to be able to look himself in the mirror, and right now that was not something that he could do. 

This was a good thing, and not something that he thought that he could have done before this, but he refused to be that person. He wasn't his father, and he wasn't going to scream at his kids. He didn't want his kids to worry about pissing him off, or the things that he might do or say. He wanted to be a good man, a good husband, a good father. Even if this didn't bring back the second one, he would never give up on being a good father, on being the father that he had wanted when he was young. 

He didn't know much about this woman, this healer, or doctor or whatever she was. He only knew that she was one of the best, and perhaps that meant that she would be able to help him. Maybe she would help him know that he wasn't crazy or something. He wasn't sure, but as he walked into the office he couldn't help the sigh tha came from his lips. He was already frustrated with himself, but his knee didn't hurt for the first time in two years, and he wasn't even limping. When he had gone up the stairs the first time with no pain he could have cried, but he held it together and smiled to himself, and walked into the office that he was pointed to. This wasn't going to be any fun at all, but it wasn't supposed to be, is it? 

He smiled at the woman and shook her hand. ]"Please, call me Walker. Mister Lydon is my father." The Politician, a shudder ran through Walker as he thought about the fact that his father had wanted him to follow in his footsteps. He sat down in the chair slowly, still being careful with his knee he nodded his head slowly and ran a hand through his hair. He wasn't even sure how to start this. She wanted simple terms on what brought him there and a smirk formed on his full lips for a mere moment before let out a long breath. "I fucked up."
Dani Kopitar-Higgs
Dani Kopitar-Higgs Avatar
Slytherin
45 posts
40 years old
Head Healer for the Janus Thickey Ward
Psychiatrist
Owner of Monzirje Manticores
Owner of The London Dueling and Social Club
Psychologist
Death Eater
played by Jade
options

Post by Dani Kopitar-Higgs on Jan 21, 2019 20:00:24 GMT -5

The Doctor
Is IN

Dani liked to use first names with her patients. It forged an immediately level of trust and familiarity between them. Using a given name was proven to improve patient participation in therapy, even if it hadn't been, she knew it worked. People were more likely to open up to you when you called them by their name than Mr. or Ms. So-And-So. A name was personal--that was why they could never use hers. Doctor-patient was a one way relationship. They opened up to her while she remained safety anonymous behind her white robes. 

She watched the man with interest as he sat himself down on the chair across from her. He seemed strong, well-built, and fit, but there was a carefulness to his movements that did not reconcile with his physique or age. He moved like a man injured, but there were no signs of pain--no dilation of his pupils, no wince, no irregular motion of the body--only great care was taken. Interesting. There was a story there, but it was too early to know if that was pertinent to what brought him to her. She wagered it was. Most everything in a person's life becomes pertinent when seeking the help of a mental health professional.  

His smirk harkened back to her initial thoughts that wizard had the looks of a bad boy. His language, the choice of profanity, the fact that the statement was a confession of guilt but gave no context or detail was all noted by her. The patient was not being combative, but he was not being forthcoming either. 

A sly smile matched his smirk and Dani arched up a manicured brow at Walker. 
"In what way?" Her question was short, just as his answer had been, but probing. She could fire off standard intake questions at him, but the witch preferred a different more organic approach. She found her patients felt more empowered that way, more like they were able to direct the help they received towards the issues most concerning to them.  

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 1, 2019 19:53:01 GMT -5

the doctor is in
let the fun begin, it's naught but a game
so tell me your sins

It took a big man to admit that he was wrong, and for Walker this was not an easy thing to do, a lesson learned from his father who also had this issue but had learned to control himself a long time ago. Maybe it was youth and stupidity that made him so wild and reckless before ruby, or maybe that was what was wrong with him. Maybe it was just all too much for him. Seeing how much that she depended on him when he had had his surgery had sort of opened his eyes. he hadn’t even wanted to be the provider, to be the person that other people needed or relied on. he was still so young, so fucking young and thinking about being tied to someone for the next eighty years of his life made him panic.

So what did he do? What did any man do when he felt trapped? This one pushed the things that were threatening him away. He pushed himself from that corner and he pushed himself out of that corner and he ran. he ran for dear life before it got him before he ended up like everyone else and was buried under the weight of responsibility and expectations. Did he want Ruby back? On many levels, he did. he cared about her, cared about those kids, but on the same level… It made him question so much about himself and about the life that he had wanted for himself and how the hell he had ended up like this. He wasn’t a family man, hell he wasn’t even someone who before graduating had a girl for more than a few weeks. It had been almost a year and he was… he was frustrated. he was tired of the fighting and tired of nothing ever being good enough, tired of nothing ever being the way that he wanted.

he had given her everything that she had wanted, and yet… she would not give him the one thing that would have made him feel better. How did he put that into words? How did he explain everything that he was feeling? if only he could just put his hand on a glass table and it showed everything that he thought and felt. man, wouldn’t that make therapy easier? Jesus. ”I got angry, really angry and I pretty much destroyed my life. I changed jobs, kicked my wife out and divorced her, even told her I don’t want anything to do with the kids she is carrying. All because… God, I am going to sound like an arsehole for this. She won’t leave her ex-boyfriend in the past where he belongs. They are friends and even when I asked her to leave him alone, she refused. SoI lost it, accused her of cheating and ended things…”

Dani Kopitar-Higgs
Dani Kopitar-Higgs Avatar
Slytherin
45 posts
40 years old
Head Healer for the Janus Thickey Ward
Psychiatrist
Owner of Monzirje Manticores
Owner of The London Dueling and Social Club
Psychologist
Death Eater
played by Jade
options

Post by Dani Kopitar-Higgs on Feb 25, 2019 12:06:27 GMT -5

The Doctor
Is IN

There was a lot to unpack in the words her new patient had offered her. Several key issues caught her attention straight away. The wizard recognized he had a problem with anger--and then he also seemed inclined towards distrust. Those were common enough issues that she had seen then time and time before, but commonality did not equate to easily resolved. There were potions that could curb emotional outbursts, but the willingness to trust someone else was nothing something that could be stoppered in a vial. 

There was no shame in the way the man had explained himself--which was interesting. Some would have been ashamed and stuttered over the confession. Those were the types riddled with guilt over their anger and outbursts. Danijela did not pick up on any guilt--repressed or otherwise from the wizard before her. That made him much more interesting to her. He was seeking self improvement and assistance from her to better his life not to appease a conscience. That was good. That was a motivation she could well use. 

"I see," she purred. Jotting down a few notes before lifting her eyes up the wizard's form once more, Dani considered her next question. She had a variety of ways she phrased this inquiry from patient to patient, but she always asked, because it was important to know what the patient perceived as the goal of their presence there, what they wanted to gain with her help, what they wanted to master.

"So, Walker," she rolled his name over her tongue, laying another brick of intimacy and comfort with  the wizard. "What do you hope to gain here with me? What are your goals?" She would leave the question open for now, and if she felt he needed help answering, she would offer up some leading suggestions.