birthday
blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
Heterosexual
epidemic x status
Sick
occupation
Front Desk Attendant at the Fleur de Lis / Runologist Apprentice / Arithmancer Apprentice 
general appearance
She's not classically pretty, and that's what she likes to tell herself, but she's not striking either. Alex has dark, thick hair and bluntly cut bangs. Her mother's tried to get her to grow them out more than once, but she likes them just fine. Besides, you can hide behind bangs, if you really wanted. Not that her goal is to hide, thank you. She just likes the option on some of the bad days. Her eyes are dark, too, and occasionally rimmed by dark circles from stress or overthinking. Alex usually dresses casually, if a bit on the edgier side. On top of that, she generally only wears makeup for work, or when she remembers– it isn't first on her mind. She usually just looks 'friendly' at first glance. 

former school
Ilvermorny
former house
Horned Serpent
achievements
 Her parents' favorite child.
Top of her class at Ilvermorny– she really doesn't consider this much, but she basically didn't have a social life. She didn't want one, anyway.
Charms Chalice was awarded to her house in her third, fifth, and sixth year. 
Helped Horned Serpent win the Transfiguration Tournament in her seventh year. 

university
Picquery College– it took her one extra year because of the majors
university major(s)
Triple Major (Ancient Runes, Charms, & Arithmancy) 
years attended
2010 - 2015

skills
♡ MAGICAL THEORY & WANDWORK: Needless to say, she's a bit of a nerd. And not the cute dorky type. She pours over magical theory, she thrives on knowing more things than anyone else. She's a bit of a brat when it comes to things like that, and she doesn't care who knows it. I mean, she's helped win awards, right? She's clearly good at magic. It makes the thought of losing it so much worse.
♡ HUMAN RESOURCES: Helping solve problems is something that she's good at. She can help a guest in nearly five minutes, definitely less when they're being cooperative. She's smart, she's succint, and she has a knack for defusing situations. Classic peacemaker, right here. 
♡ STUDYING & SCHOOL: Again, nerd. She quite literally is the nerdiest person ever. She still studies now, despite having already graduated. Why does she need to? She really doesn't. She just wants to know more than anybody. 
♡ SQUASHING DOWN EMOTIONS: She says she doesn't have any emotions. She's spent such a long time making sure that nobody knows what she's feeling that it doesn't even feel secondary. She just hides what's going on in her head. Nothing matters but logic. 
♡ LYING: She lies to everyone, herself mainly. She lies and says that she's fine. She lies and says that she doesn't have feelings. She lies to her parents, telling them that she's doing fine. She lies to herself when she says she isn't even close to thinking the dangerous thoughts she is. Liar. 
♡ COMPARTMENTALIZING: Or squashing? She still hasn't thought over, deeply, what happened when she was younger. She hasn't thought about how it affected her. She moved on. She pretended like nothing had hurt her too deeply. She shouldered it and smiled. Did I already mention that she's a liar? 
♡ CLEANING: Probably the easiest things on the list. She just likes things neat and tidy! 
weaknesses
♡ PEOPLE WITH EMOTIONS: Let's be real, she just doesn't know how to deal with them when they're hysterical. When she's at work? Easy-peasy. There are only a few things she has to do. If they're a bad, shitty guy, you kicked them out. If it's a real hotel guest, you smiled and figured out the problem. But in real life? Wow. She... She brushes them off. 
♡ MAKING FRIENDS: What's a friend? She doesn't like talking to people, she doesn't like opening up to people... If she saw someone on the street, she would never talk to them. If someone random tried to talk to her, she would probably hex them. Well, now she'd just turn around and walk away, what with being sick. 
♡ A LACK OF A SCHEDULE: It just drives her crazy. She freaks out, she panics. And if something deviates from her schedule... Basically, she's pretty much a therapist's dream nut to crack, and she refuses to see one. But she relies a lot on a schedule. 
♡ HAVING EMOTIONS: Since she claims she doesn't have one, how is it a problem? Basically, if she starts to get sad, and she can't shut it down, she ends up having some sort of meltdown. Not a crying one, of course. She just shuts down. She can't process emotions at all. 
♡ HER PAST: Well, a lot happened, right? So this is fair. She just hides it from other people and refuses to talk about it. But she did lose her twin sister. That was half of her heart. And then Shelby had fucked off, and she was alone. With her miserable parents. 
♡ EMPATHIZING: I feel like this is self-explanatory. 
HER SISTER: Which one? 
positive traits
Hard-working, determined, organized, pleasant, educated, focused, accommodating.
negative traits
Cold, distant, unemotional, closed-off, sheltered, damaged, untruthful
hobbies/interests
Studying
Reading
Demanding her magic comes back.
Drinking wine
Having no friends. Emotional attachment only leads to heartbreak, after all.
Mourning.
Being way too interested in illegal potions, drugs, and the like. You know. Theoretically. 

accomplishments
Award-winning Arithmancy thesis: "Numbers, Symbols, and how they Interact."
North American Charms Champion 2016

character history
"We moved to a small town before I was born, but we stared towards New York City for most of our lives. That's where our parents were from. Where we were born. Where we should have lived for most of our lives. But Mom wanted us to live in a small town, so that's what happened. Our parents still worked in the city, on opposing shifts. I really don't know how they did it. I mean, I can understand it. I don't have people to rely on. But they did. They had us. And they still managed to do it, they still managed to keep us happy and comforted as we grew up in our tiny little town. I didn't realize how awesome my childhood was until it was ripped out of my fingertips. But that happens later. 

Shelby always felt a lot older than us. I don't know how she managed to do it, but she just felt ancient. We would go on nature walks, and she would lead us, or she would show us magic. Hayden and I loved it. I mean, I can't speak for Hayden. I guess I can, though. We loved the same things. Everything that we had matched. Matching jackets, matching leggings, matching smiles... When Shelby went to Ilvermorny, we were showing our first signs of magic at home. We were turning on lights, unlocking doors, generally causing mischief. We missed her. It wasn't as much fun without her, even though we had each other. I mean, I guess we missed her. I know we had to. 

Since we had each other, things were easier. We got to school together, we got into the same house... Horned Serpent had nothing on us. We worked hard at school, we did clubs together... We were never apart. And when we could, we chased after Shelby. She was a lot cooler than us, and we wanted to be like her. I mean, not exactly like her. She didn't really try in school. We knew she was smarter than that, but she didn't really care. Hayden wanted to be more like that. She wanted to be cool. We fought about it, in third year. She wanted to act like Shelby, act like she didn't care about school. I mean, yeah, I got it. But still. School was so important to me, even when we started. I wanted to learn everything about everything. 

I helped bring my house a few awards, and Hayden was right along besides me. She went on the dates, I did our homework. She tried out the cool stuff, and I made sure that I could be a Healer like mom. I think that's what I wanted to do, at one point. Of course, it changed every month. Some months I wanted to be a Healer, some months it was a professor... I think I just fell in love with magic itself. Even before we were close to graduating, Hayden came up with a plan for both of us. Hayden would go to Picquery with me, and she'd study Charms and Transfigurations. I would study Ancient Runes and Arithmancy. Then we could divide and conquer, right? Figure out which stuff we liked best. I mean, we're-- were-- identical. We planned on getting the most out of our educations, finding jobs in New York...

We loved the city. A lot. 

We didn't get to do that. 

When Shelby graduated, she snuck out of the house to go to a party that summer. Hayden, of course, had to go with her. We weren't invited. Of course we weren't-- we were too young. Too together. I didn't want to go. I begged Hayden to stay, but she wanted to hang around Shelby, and I wanted to hang around her. So Hayden decided we were going to the bonfire, and I went. I should've told her to stay home. Shelby could get in trouble as much as she wanted. Not us. We had plans for the rest of the week. We had things we were doing. 

Hayden dressed me up that night. She wanted us to wear something slutty so that the boys would look at us. Isn't that funny? I remember that. She put me in a tight dress, and I could barely walk. And then she wore something just as short, shoved me in heels, and dragged me out after Shelby. I tried to get Shelby to come home. I didn't even get to her to say it, really. Hayden poured me a lot of beer, and I don't even... I don't think Shelby would have been friends with people who did drugs. Maybe I just had a lot of faith in her as my older sister. Maybe I was just so anxious that I blacked out. I can still remember it way too clearly, though. It was dark. And things were blurry. And then there were wolves, snapping, howling. And Hayden. Hayden, screaming. 

Can you still have accidental magic when you're in your teens? 

I wish I could have helped. I'm really not sure if I helped, or if I hurt, or if... I just wanted to scream, but I couldn't. They got to Hayden, and I tried to help, but I couldn't get to her. That was my twin. My other half. And then Shelby, and... I didn't really get away. I mean, I physically did. I somehow got far enough away, or one of the wolves didn't want to bite me, or... I don't even know. I just know that Hayden was dead, and Shelby was hurt, and I had to get us home. 

When we got home, Mom healed Shelby. And... And Shelby left. And Hayden was there, but she wasn't. I don't think I talked for weeks, months... It just... I don't know. I missed her. I needed her. She was my twin, damn it. And Shelby just left us to pick up the pieces. 

I just studied as hard as I could, pretended like everything was fine. After all, my parents were so emotional about everything. Somebody had to be strong for the rest of them. So I went to Picquery, and I studied my majors and one of Hayden's. And then I just kept studying. I caught wind, somehow, through teachers and others, that my sister was abroad. I don't know how anyone found out. But when I told Dad, he said I ought to go find her. See how she's doing. I don't know why they didn't do it. But off I went, grabbing a job at a hotel, which is apparently more than that... 

Anyway, yeah. So that's my life right now."

parents
Olivia Kathleen Riche (née Nathans) - mother, 55 years old, halfblood, Pukwudgie Alum, Trauma Healer at the Magical Manhattan Medical Center
Logan Alexander Riche - father, 55 years old, halfblood, Wampus Alum, Archaeology and History Professor at Wilkinson College
siblings
- @shelby
- Hayden Rowan Riche. Deceased. Twin. 
children
N/A
partner
N/A
other family
X
family history
She'll let her sister tell it.

"There's no place better to fall in love than New York City.

At least, that was what our parents always told us. If we heard that phrase uttered, then we knew that we were in for it. For the story. Of how they met and fell in love in New York City, of course. I'll admit it, it's a pretty good story. It almost sounds a little too good to be true, actually. As I got older, I started to wonder how much of it was embellished just for the glamour, but I never dared to say something like that out loud. No, it was far better to believe the fairytale, wasn't it? Even if life isn't always that pretty.

I'll get into it, I suppose. At least until we get to the point where fairy tale becomes nightmare because, after that point, I don't really know what happened to my family. They're all alive -- the ones I didn't kill, anyway, and I think well enough. If they weren't, I'm pretty sure I would know that, at least. But the particulars of their lives are not known to me. But I'm getting ahead of myself, and there's no reason for that yet.

Olivia Nathans and Logan Riche both attended Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In the same year, even. But as you can probably imagine, Ilvermorny is a massive school. Its attendants come not just from the United States, but Canada was well, so you could go seven years in that school without a sideways glance at some boy in another house. Although they might have heard each other's names in passing at the most school went by without them so much as having a conversation together.

No, their paths crossed in... you guessed it, New York City.

It was a few years after their graduation. My mom had just finished a sixteen hour shift at MMMC and was exhausted, so she'd decided to take the subway home instead of apparating. She'd seen enough splinching incidents to be wary when it came to apparation when overtired or drunk, or any of that. Seriously, having a mom who worked in a hospital meant we had no shortage of horror stories turned into parental advice over the years.

Anyway, my dad was coming home from having a few drinks with his friends and got to the subway in time to see my mom fall onto the tracks. Long story short (and it's never a short story when our parents are telling it), he saved the day right before the subway came and crushed them both (do you see why I think there were embellishments made in this story?)

And the rest was history.

Three kids, good jobs. They moved to Glens Falls. For those of you that don't know, that's a town near the Adirondacks. As much as they loved New York, they wanted a change of pace when we were younger. They both still worked in the city, after all, so they got to see it plenty. They just thought it was safer, which, after everything, is a little ironic, isn't it?

Anyhow -- they had me first, and then twin girls two years later. Everything was good until it wasn't. But you already heard about that in my history, so I'm not going to go over it again..."

other
Yeet.
face claim
Ella Purnell
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
Have you?
how did you hear about us?
tea leaves
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan