staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Feb 2, 2019 17:30:51 GMT -5

All right, love is in the air, and it’s time for us to tell you all about what’s going on on the site this February. There is a lot of fun stuff, okay, so get reading!

I. February Birthdays
II. February Events
III. February Free App Group & Needs/Bans
IV. Face Off
V. Results of Creative Team Poll & New System
VI. Vexed Valentine’s Day Celebrations
VII. Development Challenge
VIII. Application Edits
IX. Housekeeping

I. FEBRUARY BIRTHDAYS

Of course, Tori is still hard at work posting in updates about birthdays! Again, let’s try to make it our site resolution to keep our birthdays updated better this year! Tori made sure they were all nice and updated for us, so if you get a tag in updates about a character birthday, make sure you hop on that account and change their age!

Again, still going to post birthdays in the newsletter, because it’s fun, okay!

1st → @ingrid
2nd → @afro
2nd → @dahlia
2nd → @clio
3rd → @flynn
3rd →@narcissa
3rd → @thaddeus
7th → @marcus
7th → @monroe
8th → @duke
9th → @arleigh
13th → @truly
14th → @queenalice
14th → @bonbonfils
14th → @skiff
14th → @hallie
16th → @ruby
17th → @giacomo
20th → @nick
23rd → @zahra
24th → @cezar
26th →
26th →
26th →
27th → @justin
28th →
28th → @wesley

Sorry leap year babies, no 29th this year!
29th → @aurora
29th →
29th →

II. FEBRUARY EVENTS

Quidditch - European Cup
Week 5 - Sunday, February 3
Lofsdalen Lions v. Košce Imps

Week 5 - Wednesday, February 6
Amsterdam United v. The Stockholm Security

Week 6 - Sunday, February 10
Championship Match

You can check out the full European Cup schedule and see what you missed RIGHT HERE!

Hogwarts
February 9 - Hogsmeade Trip
February 16 - Valentine’s Day Dance (check out Headmistress’s announcement about the Cupid’s Got Bad Aim theme RIGHT HERE! Matches will be announced on the day of the dance!)
February 23 - Quidditch Game: Hufflepuff v. Gryffindor, 11:00am

Lig-na-Paiste Institute of Dragons
February 11-15 - February Welcome
February 19 - Start of Classes

Gráinneog Institute, Locksley Institute, Lufkin University, and University of Bangor all started their term back in January!

III. FEBRUARY FREE APP GROUP & NEEDS/BANS

This month, our free app group will be VEELA! We have zero of them, guys! And they’re fun! So, that will be our free app group for February. Remember that you cannot participate if you have had half of your characters on Activity Requirements the past two months. That list will be on the Needs/Bans page! Since I excused deletions last month, there is no one on the list for deletions!

Our other needs are:

Primary School staff employees (in both Peverell Children’s Academy and Centre School for Young Mages)
Dubhe Merak Hospital employees
Squibs

There are no current groups in danger, and the pureblood ban has been lifted. Let’s try to avoid that number jumping up 20% because of that, though, guys, like last time! I will put it right back up right quick! Note that I will still keep percentages updated on Aliases so you all know your personal percentages!

Check out the Needs/Bans page information RIGHT HERE!

IV. FACE OFF

Guess what month it is? Oh, you already know. It’s time for another month of Face Offs! In case you forget how this one goes, it’s quite simple. You pick your partner, you pick your rules, and you create a challenge for yourselves!

All of the information you need for that is going to be RIGHT HERE, so go sign up!

V. RESULTS OF CREATIVE TEAMS POLL & NEW SYSTEM

All right, guys! If you remember, last month we had a poll to get everyone’s opinions on Creative Teams. The general consensus was that they did not go well last year, for different reasons. Because of that, we will NOT be doing creative teams again this year. Instead, we are trying something new!

We are creating four different teams in charge of four different kinds of events! You can pick what kind of events you are interested in, and sign up to join!

All of the information for that is RIGHT HERE! Go sign up and help us come up with some fun site events and activities!

Let me know if you have any questions!

VI. VEXED VALENTINE’S DAY CELEBRATIONS

It’s Valentine’s Day this month, and you know how much we love our holidays. So is it any surprise to you that we have some festive events planned for you this month? Of course not.

Vexed is hosting TWO events for this Valentine’s Day. The first is a Speed Dating night that will take place on Valentine’s Day! There will be free booze and free food, isn’t that reason enough for you to go?

They are also sponsoring some blind dates! Also on the 14th, Quinn will be posting starters with those who signed up to start up their various blind dates! If you are interested in either of these events, SIGN UP HERE!

I see something in sign-ups, so I feel the need to clarify: these events are both on the fourteenth! So you cannot sign up your character for speed dating and a blind date! We cannot get a good idea for either event if you put that they are up for either!

So please modify sign-ups to express if you want them to do speed dating or if you want them to do a blind date!

Thank you humans!

VII. DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE

I know guys, it’s supposed to be a writing challenge this month, but surprise! We decided to do another development challenge this month instead, because it’s Valentine’s Day! Haven’t you learned that by now? We are incredibly festive people.

This month, the development challenge will be a collab challenge, and it’s all about ships! So feel the love with your couples, get thinking together, and come up with some beautiful collabs — whether you both make moodboards, or aesthetics, or playlists, manips, blends, signature, anything you want! As long as you are both participating, that’s the catch!

Check that out RIGHT HERE!

VIII. APPLICATION EDITS

As you all probably know by now, I have opened up free application edits to any character impacted by last month’s exodus! This is still going on, I will allow them through February! So make sure to let me know if you need anything unlocked!

Also make sure you tell me when you are finished so I can relock them! You can GO HERE for all of that!

IX. HOUSEKEEPING

Just a few pieces of housekeeping to get through before we’re done with our newsletter, bear with me!

• First of all, our War of the Words results are officially in and congratulations go to Tori for getting first place, with 92,773 words. Congratulations to oh… me! For second place, with 62,713 words, and finally, congratulations to Joyce who got third place with 38,244 words!
  • As you all know, we were attempting to form a Dungeons and Dragons group on site! Unfortunately, due to time and general busyness, for the time being, we are not able to follow through with this! We’re sorry, guys! But in the future, we may decide to give it a second try!
  • Our first Gringotts lottery has come to an end, with three winners! First prize went to Jade, who received 50 galleons. Second prize went to Quinn, who received 20 galleons, and our third prize winner was Steph, who got 14 galleons, 6 sickles, and 3 knuts! This was a successful first lottery, but it will definitely not be our last! The next time we have a good chunk of money from people spending their money, we will have another one!
  • Just a general reminder that nominations are up for February Awards, and to get nominating! Remember that you get cash money if you nominate all three categories, but not if you only nominate one or two!

That is it, folks! Thanks for reading, and happy February!
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Feb 2, 2019 18:18:57 GMT -5

Sorry everyone, there is one last thing that I forgot to mention and I didn't want to edit it in and risk people not seeing it! As you know, when people left last month, there were certain items that they had created that they wanted to remove from the site. Of course, we did so, but since there were people that had jobs in those businesses, we took the last month to come up with our own companies/businesses to replace the ones that we lost if they had employees working at them. So please read the below changes to make sure that you are alware of them!

• Aurora Technologies has been retconned, and did not ever exist on site. Instead, we are going to have Lucent Electronics. Lucent Electronics was owned by 's family, but since their deaths, is now being ran by her cousin. The board for that is HERE and all jobs are on the job page! If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask me!
  • Galway General Hospital has been replaced with a hospital that Tori has created, that is called Dubhe Merak Hospital. You can check out the board for that hospital HERE! All jobs are up and posted for this hospital too, and it's a needed group this month so go make some doctors!
  • Kavanagh Dragon Reserve has been deleted and retconned! Instead, we have created McCarthy Dragon Reserve for any former employees to now work at! Board is HERE and jobs are posted!
  • The Bacchae has been deleted. London's new underground fighting ring is called Paroxysm. All employees from Bacchae have been moved to Paroxysm, though we are not retconning Bacchae! Paroxysm is a new ring that has recently opened and gained popularity! Board is HERE and jobs are posted!
  • We did not have very many people using the Australian school of Arafura School of Magic, so I know not many people were impacted by this removal! However, if you are going to make any future Australians, the school is called Uluru School of Magic! You can find the houses and the canons RIGHT HERE!
  • Finally, the language Solomonarian has been removed, but it has been replaced by a dragon language by the name of Dovahzul! The word means 'dragon voice,' and so that is our site language for dragons. It is, again, very rare!

That's all, folks! Again, these are just items that we felt were important to replace, since we had characters as employees and interns of the former establishments! Let me know if you have any questions!