Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 5, 2019 15:35:09 GMT -5

Team Name: Holiday
Idea: Easter Pub-crawl/ scavanger Hunt
Is it Time Sensitive? If so, when is it supposed to be? Easter Week/Weekend?
Any Additional Information: Pubs around the site will have punch cards, at each pub you must complete an activity like pouring and drinking rainbow shots, playing darts, drinking a certain specialty drink, sing Karaoke etc complete the punch card and get a prize. Can be done in groups (maybe assigned?) or individuals!
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Apr 5, 2019 19:47:32 GMT -5

Updated

@mona - sounds good to me! You'll need to make the punch cards with the activities, prize, participating bars, and all that! Whenever you guys finish that, you can just PM it to me! :)
Amelia Aziza Travers
Amelia Aziza Travers Avatar
Slytherin
780 posts
Eighteen years old
Assistant to the Head of the Department of International Cooperation
First Year Alchemy Student
First Year Political Science Student at Lufkin University
Ministry
played by Steph
"you should see me in a crown"
options

Post by Amelia Aziza Travers on Apr 6, 2019 11:21:04 GMT -5

Ideas from the Hogwarts group!
Team Name: Hogwarts
Idea: Quidditch League Try-outs/Sign-Ups
Is it Time Sensitive? If so, when is it supposed to be? As soon as possible!
Any Additional Information:Two months have passed since Quidditch has re-opened! Teams have had enough time to search for adults with magic, and they'll be wanting new players to replace (or temporarily replace) those who cannot fly. Students who are chosen and signed must be earning at least all A's in their NEWT courses.
No students under Sixth Year
Must have played on the school Quidditch team for at least two years
This will take the place of internships (if applicable)
Parental approval is required for all

Idea: Job Fair
Is it Time Sensitive? If so, when is it supposed to be? April 14th or 15th or sooner (preferably before Easter holidays but not a necessity)
Any Additional Information: For Fifth years, considering an internship in their Sixth year, through to Seventh years preparing to graduate. Different than the one on one meetings students have with their head of house. Employees from different career paths including Ministry Workers, Healers, Primary School teachers, and many others gather in the Great Hall with information relating to internships and job opportunities available upon graduation will answer any questions asked to help students know what they may be signing up for in preparation for their one on one meetings with their Head of House!

Idea: Spring Carnival
Is it Time Sensitive? If so, when is it supposed to be? Weekend of May 11-12th
Any Additional Information: It is just a small traveling carnival with a variety of different rides, games to play, and food to be had! There are a wide array of rides ranging from scary dangerous looking ones to fun easy going ones for those more faint of heart. The rides are magically charmed and reminiscent of the ones we see in muggle carnivals and fairs. The carnival will be set up on the grounds beginning Saturday morning and going through Sunday evening. Saturday night, the Weird Sisters II will be playing live! It should be a great way to de-stress the students before testing and the end of year hustle begins!
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Apr 8, 2019 15:31:52 GMT -5

Updated

Quidditch League Try-Outs
Denied; As I said in Discord when it’s been brought up, that’s at the discretion of the Ministry. Beckett is the head of that department and he still thinks that is an entirely unnecessary idea. Hogwarts is for learning, not for joining professional teams when they’re not even out of school. They are welcome to be in talks, and officially start for them when they graduate. The league season will only have just started anyhow.

Job Fair
Approved!

Spring Carnival
Approved!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 2, 2019 15:20:03 GMT -5

Member Name: Seani
First Group Choice: Hogwarts
Second Group Choice: Holidays
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
options

Post by Admin Morgan on May 2, 2019 15:35:20 GMT -5

Updated

@arilyn - you have been added to the Holidays group!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 7, 2019 17:16:57 GMT -5

Hi! Hello!

Our team was looking to change the Hogwarts event up a little bit, we as a group discussed combing the job fair and the carnival so they will be on the same day, at the same time. Older students can go around the job fair to get free tickets but there is also the option to pay for tickets if it's the younger students. The older ones could also pay for tickets if they don't want to go around the jobs or already have an idea of what they want to do!
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
options

Post by Admin Morgan on May 7, 2019 19:36:46 GMT -5

Updated

@ruby - I'm not sure I fully understand why they would be combined other than the fact that the original date for the job fair has already passed! It just doesn't seem fully logical to me to combine those two events! Maybe just pick one and roll with just the one if you don't think you guys have the time to fully form two ideas!