options

Post by Deleted on Feb 19, 2019 22:33:05 GMT -5

WE ALWAYS COULD SPOT A FRIEND,
WELCOME BACK
AND I'M SAD WHEN I THINK HOW YOU MUST HAVE BEEN
AND I KNOW WHAT A SCENE YOU WERE LEARNING IN
WAS THERE SOMETHING THAT MADE YOU COME BACK AGAIN
Date: Friday January 11, 2019

The past year and a half had sucked for many reasons, but one of the largest ones was the gaping hole that registration had left in their little family. The Ironic Fam had been a solid unit for four whole years before the whole castle went ape shit. Everyone was locked down, students were being taken left and right, and Erebos had expressed his hatred of the new powers in motion many times. Still, no matter how he seethed at the matter at hand it didn't change the fact that he and the fam had to watch as they took Demeter from them. Their dear, sweet Koala. He had, admittedly, not been the chillest person when she was removed from the castle and he had even had the gall to yell at some of the people taking them. Not.....anything cool like don't take my friend you filthy bastards or something like that. He had yelled with all the anger a fifteen year old could muster: YOU CAN'T TAKE HER SHE'S GLUTEN INTOLERANT. As if that were going to magically change their twisted purist minds. Yes, don't take my housemate! She can't eat bread, dammit!

Despite the general consensus that Kolna was some scary off limit place Erebos had visited her when he could. After Easter break that first year she was away he had heard something about a new school, though he thought it was entirely ridiculous. They had Hogwarts. Which was a perfectly viable school. They should have just let Koala and the rest of them come back to the castle where they belonged instead of building some whole other place. But, of course, the Ministry wasn't without their plans. Merlin, if he had ever had any incline toward a Ministry job before the whole ordeal had squashed that entirely. Not that he had had an incline toward it. He preferred to stay as far out of the corruption as possible. If he were going to be surrounded by crooks he at least wanted it to be at some sort of gambling ring! At least then it was exciting and not just disappointing news day after day.

How the Ministry personnel could handle half-assed good news was beyond him. The news spread to the castle about this new school and people were quite chipper about it but he couldn't quite understand why. They were given steps up from what they were dealing with at the time, sure, but compared to what they had? It was a fucking disgrace! Honestly! Erebos was chuffed about the whole thing for the longest time. Matter of fact he wasn't really happy with any news on that front until the muggleborns were promised to go home. That was some good news! Promising news.

Over the winter break he had finally heard the best news of all and that was that, come January, the muggleborns would be returning back. He was so bloody excited and all he had wanted to do was go tell everyone! But...they were off for Holiday and he was still stuck at the castle. Whether or not they had heard the news was unknown to him before they all returned. For all he knew they held a big welcome back party in her honor with the best gluten free cake known to man. Either way, when the students all made their way back to the castle he was most excited to see her back. She, Hades, and Astraea were his original fam as far as he was concerned. They were the gryffindor branch and the first like-named people he'd come in contact with.

It had been a few days since she returned but sitting across from her in the common room brought a smile to his face. And for the umpteenth millionth time he had to remind her: "Glad you're back Koala Kitchens." He had his divination book open in his lap though he had hardly looked at it for more than a few minutes here and there. Studious was not exactly a word one might use to describe him, but while others around him worked with books open he figured he might as well follow suit. Sprawled in the oldest and most ugly chair his one leg dangled over the arm of it, swinging back and forth likely to knock someone over if they weren't wary of him. He studied his friend a moment with curious eyes. "So how's it feel? Being back?" He paused a second looking briefly down at his book. "D'you feel like you never left or is it weirdddd?" he dragged on waving his hands in a spooky fashion.

| Outfit: Gryffy Robes | Words:773
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0
Demeter Keola Hitchens
Demeter Keola Hitchens Avatar
Gryffindor
22 posts
17 years old
7th Year
Lucent Electronics Intern
Gryffindor
played by Steph
"Set your fire free"
options

Post by Demeter Keola Hitchens on Mar 27, 2019 13:48:16 GMT -5

[googlefont=Charmonman:400][googlefont=Open Sans:400]
[attr="class","stephtable"]
[attr="class","imagez"]
[attr="class","title-koala"]WELCOME BACK
[attr="class","subtitle-koala"]Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out
Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about
[attr="class","wordz-koala"]
Demeter had never been strong, not physically, never physically. Being born prematurely, having an immune-related disorder, many allergies, and several intolerances had seen to that. Give her a lake, and she could fight her way through the current with ease, as she was an island girl, but put her in any sort of situation that required strength, required muscles, and she was just a teen. Admittedly, her mask could really pack a wallop, but that would be expensive to replace if something cracked.

So when she'd been taken, she'd only put up the barest struggle. Twisting her arm, didn't try to run too far, too fast, and . . .

Her friends were there, were with her. She didn't want them getting hurt on her behalf. If she was alone-- and she'd wanted to be! no one should be getting hurt for her!-- she might have tried running, might have fought or escaped in another way. But when she was with others? She remembered the horror on their faces, the anger, the disbelief that a Death Eater would take someone so uncaringly. Memories of instructions of Dita tried teaching her to punch, or how Hades had laughed when she'd threatened to stab him with her protractor were roiling around, and she'd been looking at everyone, and it felt like the world was spinning and ending, and then--

Erebos had stepped up like some avenging angel, the first of them who'd been able to speak up, say something. You can't take her, she's gluten intolerant! If he hadn't been one her best friends, if he hadn't been like a brother, she might very well have fallen in love with him in that moment. She'd kept back a strangled laugh, because if she laughed it might hurt his feelings, but the memory had warmed her at nights in Kolna, like the time Bryce Davies had gotten her rice cakes and chicken. Not as much as the times he visited, of course. Well, everyone visited, of course, but it was always something more special when her boys visited her.

It was still so. . .strange being back at Hogwarts. Her Crohn's was able to be managed, because the house elves remembered what she needed, and her stomach wans't killing her because she had clean pots and pans so that grains of gluten wouldn't irritate her dugestive system, and she wasn't so hungry anymore that she had to eat what would certainly cause havoc on her body because there was nothing else. The cake for her welcome back party was gluten-free and she'd actually cried during the party because she was just. . .so happy to be with friends.

Even now, it was hard to stop holding their hand, leaning against their arms, hugging them-- just reminding herself that they were there and she wasn't alone. She grinned at Erebos. Merlin, how she'd missed him-- missed everyone. The casual comfortable chaos of their family. "It's good to be in the same year as everyone." she said honestly. "We're making up for the year and a half I missed by maybe having me graduate with everyone."

Maybe, because she wasn't always sure that she wouldn't go back in. Lucent likely wasn't something they cared about Muggle-borns going into, and it wouldn't protect her much (probably), not like a hospital could, but she had a passion and a dream, and understanding, and her body would not react well to being a Healer. At all. Too many potions with plants. "Though I can't understand and refuse you believe how everyone got taller. Remember when we were all the same height so many years ago?"
[attr="class","tags1"]☆ @erebos ☆
[attr="class","credz1"]❤fai

[newclass=".stephtable"]background-color:#000;width:420px;border:1px #323232;border-style:solid;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".imagez"]max-width:120px;max-height:120px;margin-right:240px;margin-top:25px;outline:2px grey double;padding:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".title-koala"]width:215px;font-family:Charmonman;border-bottom:5px double #323232;font-size:20px;text-align:center;color:#4f7942;line-height:90%;padding-bottom:5px;margin-top:-110px;margin-left:150px;text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".subtitle-koala"]width:175px;height:70px;overflow:auto;margin-top:8px;line-height:100%;padding:5px;text-align:center;font-size:12px;font-family:Open Sans;color:#4f7942;margin-left:150px;padding-bottom:2px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz-koala"]text-align:justify;font-family:Georgia;font-size:11px;color:#dbdbdb;padding:10px;padding-top:15px;width:400px;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz-koala b"]color:#4f7942;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tags-koala"]width:400px;font-size:11px;font-family:Georgia;color:white;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".credz1"]font-family:Oswald;text-align:right;width:420px;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 27, 2019 20:20:36 GMT -5

WE ALWAYS COULD SPOT A FRIEND,
AND I'M SAD WHEN I THINK HOW YOU MUST HAVE BEEN
AND I KNOW WHAT A SCENE YOU WERE LEARNING IN
WAS THERE SOMETHING THAT MADE YOU COME BACK AGAIN
Growing up it had become his job to take care of his younger sister. Not through his parents pushing, or asking, but from their negligence. He knew that they didn't mean to be that way. Each of them had their own problems. As easy going as he was he never really minded. So long as he and Adeline could live peacefully and not be torn each and every direction he could make it work. The same was true of Hogwarts, even during all the crazy shit that had gone down.

If it were up to him all his friends and their families would be totally and blissfully unaffected by all the bullshit that went on outside the castle walls. After all, Hogwarts was an escape. An escape that came with homework, and detentions...and being shot down by Professor Burke on the regular-- but an escape nonetheless! When he was at the castle he didn't need to worry about what Mamá was or was not doing. That was the reason he never left the castle for breaks. Dealing with her and seeing the craziness he was going to come back to over the summer was just not worth the stress. 

Erebos wanted that same escape for his friends. Especially for Koala. He could always say he understood what she went through, having seen where she had been, but he knew that it was hardly a truth. Deep in his heart of hearts he knew that she had been through and seen things worse than any person ought to have to go through or see. But now she was back. She was with them, and they could keep her safe. Hopefully forever.

"
I would have cried if they held you back," he said blowing a laugh from his nose. Not having her in his classes would be the absolute worst. It was bad enough she hadn't been in them for a year and a half! Erebos face twisted in offense in the most cartoonish sense, his brows nearly touching and his lips pursing as though his name had changed to Karen and he'd like to speak to a manager. "Also, bold of you to assume I'm graduating. I've been planning to drop out and join the circus," he snorted, "Soo...awkwarddd."

Erebos, for a split second, considered actually doing his divination homework to as if the circus would be a good fit for him. Up until three seconds ago he had never considered it. Maybe he was good at trapeze? Well, no...probably not considering the amount of times he'd nearly plummeted to his death attempting parkour on the moving stairs. Getting taller and lankier likely wasn't going to help him or his horrible coordination.

"I know, right? I miss us all being the same height. I remember Aphrodite was taller than me for a full year and a half. She was so tall and I was so scared of her." Erebos chuckled. "Now she's so tiny...And I'm still scared of her." Aphrodite had been an acquired taste for him, more so than many others, but once he got to liking her he could never imagine not. "I think you're actually taller than her now. Maybe? Maybe like a titch?" The young wizard drew his fingers together in measurement, eyeballing it as he did so.

"Has Nys used you as a leaning post yet?" The ironic god of wine had shot up the most, having been one of the shortest of them the year before. Of course he had to make a show of it by leaning on everyone as a not-so-subtle reminder that he was now level with the rest of the boys.

| Outfit: Robes | Notes:
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0
Demeter Keola Hitchens
Demeter Keola Hitchens Avatar
Gryffindor
22 posts
17 years old
7th Year
Lucent Electronics Intern
Gryffindor
played by Steph
"Set your fire free"
options

Post by Demeter Keola Hitchens on Jun 3, 2019 15:07:39 GMT -5

[googlefont=Charmonman:400][googlefont=Open Sans:400]
[attr="class","stephtable"]
[attr="class","imagez"]
[attr="class","title-koala"] WELCOME BACK
[attr="class","subtitle-koala"] WELCOME BACK, YOUR DREAMS WERE YOUR TICKET OUT
WELCOME BACK, TO THAT SAME OLD PLACE THAT YOU LAUGHED ABOUT

[attr="class","wordz-koala"]
"It's like I've always said," she said with a grin, "I should have been in your year, and now the mistake of my birth month is corrected." It was pretty funny, really-- there were a few seven years who were younger than her, but had been in existence longer, and there were people who had been in existence the same amount of time who were the year below. That was part of the fun of premature births-- well, that, and a lot of medical issues that she'd been lucky enough to grow through. Thank god, because if she'd had those on top of everything else-- well, she probably wouldn't be here now. Quite likely. No, if her lungs had even more issues, if she'd also had bloody asthma, or her NEC hadn't been taken care of. . .

"Of course you're graduating," she responded seriously, leaning back to fold her arms. "I've told you a thousand times, we're not joining you in the circus until you get your diploma, and start ranking all the professors and staff. Now, I know your number one, but where does Filch fall this year, and what about Papathanassiou? And the rest of the new professors. See, the important things in life: you need to pass Burke, and tell her as you leave, followed by all the others."

She'd heard a rumor that their Head of Gryffindor was leaving, and based on the other professors. . . Well, Koala really hoped it was the Divination professor who was Head of House, not their Theory professor. She doubted it, sadly enough. But there was only one more year with her, at most, and besides, a lot of professors were going short-term now. Maybe she'd be lucky.

Koala gave a laugh, remembering. Despite being the oldest, she'd gotten her growth spurt at the same time as everyone else-- and Aphrodite had just been lucky that she'd gotten it first. A few inches taller than them, she'd sometimes chased them around with Beater's bat in hand, only mostly aiming for Clio. It was a good thing Calypso was her cousin, or it might have taken them longer to get to know their very-not-goddess-of-love.

"I am?" She beamed, straightening up. "You really think so? I mean, I've been in existence two months longer, so I'll take all the half-centimeters I can. Even if they're quarter centimeters."

Her face jokingly fell for a moment. "Of course he has. He's so proud that he's got over a head on me. I've been an elbow rest, but he's been my headrest, so it all works well. Besides, he's able to reach taller things for me." Oh, she could Summon easily enough, but it was just more fun when she could order him to reach something, and he would do it. "You're still taller though, aren't you? Or is he a wee bit moreso? You're all so large, it's all the same from down here. . ."

Demeter was fairly used to being among the smaller people. She'd been wee to begin with, and so she'd been in the shorter end of the classroom in her primary school. She wasn't quite the shortest-- that had been Sinnevo Olason, who she'd still been friendly enough with. And she knew she was a little bit taller than Clio, but Aphrodite. . . "You're sure? I'm not the official shortest? Even so, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that when I graduate, my mask isn't malfunctioning again, and I don't get another allergy attack."
[attr="class","tags1"]☆ @erebos, 586 words ☆
[attr="class","credz1"]❤fai
[newclass=".stephtable"]background-color:#000;width:420px;border:1px #323232;border-style:solid;padding:10px;[/newclass][newclass=".imagez"]max-width:120px;max-height:120px;margin-right:240px;margin-top:25px;outline:2px grey double;padding:5px;[/newclass][newclass=".title-koala"]width:215px;font-family:Charmonman;border-bottom:5px double #323232;font-size:20px;text-align:center;color:#4f7942;line-height:90%;padding-bottom:5px;margin-top:-110px;margin-left:150px;text-transform:none;[/newclass][newclass=".subtitle-koala"]width:175px;height:70px;overflow:auto;margin-top:8px;line-height:100%;padding:5px;text-align:center;font-size:12px;font-family:Open Sans;color:#4f7942;margin-left:150px;padding-bottom:2px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=".wordz-koala"]text-align:justify;font-family:Georgia;font-size:11px;color:#dbdbdb;padding:10px;padding-top:15px;width:400px;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass][newclass=".wordz-koala b"]color:#4f7942;font-size:12px;[/newclass][newclass=".tags-koala"]width:400px;font-size:11px;font-family:Georgia;color:white;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass][newclass=".credz1"]font-family:Oswald;text-align:right;width:420px;font-size:10px;[/newclass]