Dance Your Way | Marigold

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 22, 2019 1:44:07 GMT -5

Dancing had been in Imogen’s blood for as long as he could remember. In recent times it had benefited her a lot by helping her cope. She was grateful that falling sick and losing her magic and not left her unable to dance. Sure she enjoyed her studies because she was expanding her knowledge on her favourite subject. Still, dancing was her thing at the moment and with Kit at school, she found herself spending more time at Avalon. Sure he was back in London some evenings with his internship but she didn’t want to rely on him for company, though in her opinion he was the best kind of company. He had his own friends too. Imogen had only her parents marriage as blueprint for a marriage but they were not the kind of people she had ever seen herself following. She and Kit were different to Lucas and Gwen and she was glad for that.

He supporting her dancing and he supported her loved of all things flora, something her father had always failed to do. He had never thought it was proper for his daughter to be interested in such a subject, let alone, study it. But she had gone against his wishes when it came to her tertiary studies, in addition to not marrying the man he had wished her to marry. She was not going to be submissive, not when being Kit allowed her to be free and allowed her to be herself.

In recent times he had there to support her more with her pregnancy scare. She wasn’t even sure why they would call it that. She loved the man and she knew there was no one she wanted to be with fo the rest of her life. If they happened to conceive, it would not be a scare but really a moment of joy.

Regardless of the term, she was not pregnant. If anything, the only benefit of that was that she would not have to take a break from dance or from university. The witch knew the alternative would outweigh both of her pursuits but she would remain waiting for that moment. Imogen was finishing up and was putting her things away so she could head home after her practice. She saw that one of the interns had arrived and was looking around. ”Hey Marigold, everything okay?” 

Words: 395
Marigold Moore
Marigold Moore Avatar
37 posts
17 years old
7th Year
Beater

Avalon School of Ballet Intern
Server at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Hufflepuff
played by Nichole
""
options

Post by Marigold Moore on Apr 2, 2019 23:48:39 GMT -5

Turning back she just laughs
The boulevard is not that bad
   tags: @imogen
  song title -- artist
 outfit: ---
words: 388

❥ ARI LOOKED UP FROM her bag, startled. Her expression read much like a deer caught in the headlights, though it faded after she recognized the owner. "Oh, Imogen." She offered a smile, rocking back on her heels, looking up to the older girl. She didn't know the other girl too well. Their times at Hogwarts had overlapped some, but Imogen had been a few years older than her. Older enough that for the most part, their social circles didn't overlap too much and they had been in different houses. Most of her knowledge of the demi-soloist had come from this year, working with her here. Ari liked her well enough. 

Was she okay? What had prompted her to ask that? Has something about her seemed off? She thought she looked just as put together as normal. She hadn't done her hair yet. It was early enough for her practice that she still had time to get it up. No. She looked fine. Imogen was likely just asking to be nice. Or maybe because she was earlier than normal. She didn't have classes till after Avalon. Getting back in time to get a bath before Care was a rare occurrence. Typically she had enough time to change into her uniform, grab her bags and run to class - even with foo. Bless wizard travel, she'd never make it she had to rely on muggle methods. Ohh? how much time would it take for her to fly to London? Probably too long. She got up early enough as it was to be here at eight am. She'd gotten done with her last thing earlier and came in earlier to warm up. And if she had time after that, mess around with her own things.

"I'm okay, thanks. You?" She stood up then and leaned her weight against the wall, to face the girl face to face - or at least as face to face as she could be. Pretty much everyone tended to be taller than her. "I saw you dancing. You looked really good today." Really, she hadn't seen that much, but what she had seen was good, so she felt it safe to assume the rest had been. And, as far as Ari was aware, no one didn't like compliments. And Imogen had to be good to make demi-soloist regardless.

♚ Made by SYLVIA of SA and GS ♚
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 12, 2019 8:13:53 GMT -5

Imogen had always taken her life for granted but since her life had changed for the better now with having Kit in her life for the rest of her life. She knew they had been through so much to end up where they were now and she was going treasure it and make sure she enjoyed every day with her. It was little harder given that Kit was still in school but he had his internship so Imogen still saw him plenty. She focused on her dancing and her degree. There were both important to her and she hoped that they were going to serve her well. When it came to being a Demi-Soloist, Imogen took great pride in the position and whichever role she had been offered in the next story they were to perform.

She made sure to make the best of each opportunity. She knew that life was not going to get much easier for them than it already was. The witch would love to have her magic back but for the most part, she didn’t need it as much as she thought she would when she had first lost it. She knew that Kit would have done anything he could have to make sure she got her magic back immediately but it was not that hard.

She made sure to always train to the best of her abilities. When she had first fallen sick, she had been forced to take some to recover and that had really put her in a mood. Imogen wanted to be out there and to be dancing. While she had been back to it for months now. Her month off had felt like she had been pushed back. She wondered if this was some punishment on witches and wizards regardless of the blood status because of how they had ended up treating each other. She had been part of that group who had put down every status but her own. However, those days were long behind her now.

When it came to working with the others in the studio, Imogen tried to build rapport with them and check-in with them sometimes. Today she was doing just that with Marigold. She knew that Marigold was exceptional she had a lot of promise in front of her. The blonde was simply checking in with the younger girl today. There was no harm in doing that.

"Thank you, it's wonderful for you to say”[/] she smiled back and folded her arm. ” How are you liking Avalon?” Imogen had once been the intern here and wizarding world was a little different now and that still had an impact on how people conducted their daily lives.
Marigold Moore
Marigold Moore Avatar
37 posts
17 years old
7th Year
Beater

Avalon School of Ballet Intern
Server at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Hufflepuff
played by Nichole
""
options

Post by Marigold Moore on Jul 3, 2019 14:16:39 GMT -5

[googlefont="Lekton"][googlefont="Roboto Condensed"]
[attr="class","nugget"]
[attr="class","mirrormirror"]
[attr="class","nuggettitle"]filler
[attr="class","nuggetsubtitle"]filler
[attr="class","nuggetwords"]As the demi-soloist thanked her, her grin grew, glad that she seemed to be pleased with her complement. "It is only the truth, Imogen," she brushed off, waving her hand in dismissive motion. She'd seen the girl dance before, even if she hadn't seen the full routine now. Ari had been dancing most of her life (since she was six, so over ten years now) and she still doubted she'd ever reach the level Imogen was at. While that would be nice, she just wasn't competitive enough for that fact to bother her. Not everyone could be the best. She danced because she enjoyed it, not because she wanted to be the best.

Yellow hair rustled as she looked up abruptly as the Slytherin's question. How did she like Avalon? It wasn’t that she thought Imogen wasn’t nice, it was just she was surprised that she was taking such interest in herself. After a moment’s pause, Ari spoke, her words starting slow and speeding up over the course of her idea.

"It is certainly different. When I was younger - when I danced before Hogwarts, I mean, I attended a muggle dance school because it was closer. And then before this year, while I practiced as much as possible around classes and Quidditch, well, it seemed to take the backburner? Not that I didn't practice or anything like that, but it is kinda nice to have such structure to it now. Like, now I know for sure I'll be able to dance because I come here... If that makes any sense? It is also interesting this past year to see how magic has been incorporated into dance too. I'm kinda glad I started at a muggle place where the focus was solely on the dancing and the physical, but it is pretty neat to see what else you can do with the added element of magic. Some of it, I had never thought before."

As she spoke, she shifted her weight from foot to foot, her hands tightening and loosening their grip on her water bottle, though the motions seemed mindless, like she wasn't aware she was doing them. Like she just needed to move, some way to release the energy from her body.

[attr="class","nuggetnotes"]374 - @imogen - notes

[newclass=".nugget"]background-color:black;width:380px;padding:15px;cursor:crosshair;height:650px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mirrormirror"]width:100px;height:100px;padding:12px;border:1px solid #e08100;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggettitle"]font-size:25px;text-align:center;font-family:Lekton;width:320px;padding:10px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;text-style:strong;line-height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetsubtitle"]font-size:16px;text-align:center;font-family:Lekton;width:310px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#e08100;font-style:strong;padding:6px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetwords"]font-size:10px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:1px;padding:10px;line-height:15px;height:350px;overflow:auto;width:320px;color:white;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetwords b"]font-size:11px;color:#e08100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nuggetwords::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background:black[/newclass]
[newclass=.nuggetwords::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#e08100;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetnotes"]font-family:Lekton;font-size:10px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:1px;padding:10px;color:#e08100;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 17, 2019 2:59:45 GMT -5

The one constant that Imogen had always had in her life was dancing. Her parents had raised her but they done wrong by her and she no longer had contact with them. She was with Kit and the man made her happy and she loved him dearly. She was glad that her parent’s plans for her to marry Warren had ended in disarray. Hopefully they had learnt their lesson with that and would not put her sister through the same fate. Clara was the prime age now for her to be betrothed to someone but thankfully their parents had not come to her with that proposal yet. Imogen would hate to see her sister heartbroken in that way. The girl deserved better than that and she had seen what Imogen had been through since she had been with Kit when her father had come to her with news of the contract he had made with Warren’s father.

He had put a price on his daughter’s life. She had trusted him her whole life in every decision he had ever made for her and she had been betrayed by him in the worst way possible. She knew that if she and Kit were blessed with children, she knew her husband would never do that to their son or daughter. He knew what it meant to fight for the one you love even if you had to go through hell for it.

She couldn’t imagine anyone better to spend her ice with. He was always so supportive of her and now had the chance to attend some of her performances with him being London some days during the week for his internship. She couldn’t wait till he was back forever. Imogen admired him for wanting to continue his education with everything he had been through.

He made her so happy as did dancing and she enjoyed being here at Avalon. It was like a second home for her and even more so since she had started to feel less and less welcomed at Hogwarts. While the real start of it had been with the mess her father had put her in but at school the implementation of the muggleborn registrations had just amplified everything. She knew from then on that Purebloods were one messed up group. SHe couldn’t change her blood but she could make sure that she didn’t further drag down her status by her actions.

For the most part she kept her distance from other purebloods. That couldn’t be helped at Avalon, there were other pureblood dancers here but she knew that Marigold wasn’t one of them. ”I have been to a muggle school to, my parent despised it but they had no choice, it was my first and only glimpse into their society when I was younger, my husband showed me more parts of the muggle world when got together. I’m glad you’re enjoying it here, it's a great group of people and I know we are pleased to have you on board” Imogen replied as she watched the younger girl move slightly in front of her. ”Do you have a favourite ballet?”