staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Mar 1, 2019 22:14:02 GMT -5

Okay guys, buckle up because it’s time for the March newsletter. I anticipate this being a short one—there isn’t too much to say this month, so we will just get right into it!

I. March Birthdays
II. March Events
III. March Free App Group & Needs/Bans
IV. Lumos
V. Entertainment Group
VI. Epidemic X Outbreak
VII. Writing Challenge
VIII. Housekeeping

I. MARCH BIRTHDAYS

1st → @ronald
1st → @eris
4th → @sebastian
6th → @silverfox
10th → @cara
12th → @lassiter
13th →
14th → @greyson
17th → @phief
20th →
20th →
21st → @colemetmilinia
22nd → @hazel
25th → @dae
25th → @emanuel
25th →
28th → @alayla
29th → @lj
31st →

II. MARCH EVENTS

Quidditch - League Season
March 3 - Pre-Season Week 1
March 10 - Pre-Season Week 2

You can check out who your favorite teams are playing RIGHT HERE!

Hogwarts
March 2 - Quidditch Game: Ravenclaw v. Hufflepuff, 11:00am
March 9 - Quidditch Game: Gryffindor v. Slytherin, 11:00am
March 16 - Quidditch Game: Ravenclaw v. Slytherin, 11:00am
March 30 - Hogsmeade Trip

Locksley Institue
March 18-22 - Spring Break

Şolomanţă
March 20 - Spring Equinox Celebration

You can always check out full university schedules RIGHT HERE!

III. MARCH FREE APP GROUP & NEEDS/BANS

This month, our free app group is going to be PRIMARY SCHOOL EMPLOYEES! This goes for both of our schools on site — Peverell Children’s Academy and Centre School for Young Mages!

Remember that you cannot participate if you have had half of your characters on Activity Requirements the past two months, or if you have deleted three characters in the past two months. The list of the people not eligible for a free app group character this month are on the page!

The other needs on site are DUBHE MERAK HOSPITAL EMPLOYEES, SQUIBS, and Hogwarts Students from first to fourth year!

You can look RIGHT HERE for yourself if you want to see all of the deets!

IV. LUMOS

It’s Lumos month on site, which is always a fun one! If you need your memory refreshed, Lumos is our site version of Bingo. You sign up, you get your own customized board and you have all month to try to get LUMOS by answering prompts, or doing OOC activities in order to fill in squares!

If you haven’t signed up for that yet, GET GOING! It’s fun, and did I mention, fun? Okay, good.

V. ENTERTAINMENT GROUP

I know that it’s been on the header for a while and you have all been wondering. But we are officially going to split off Misc. and make a new Entertainment category for anyone in show biz! Just something that we do when Misc gets too big, and Entertainment is the most logical break off to make! So if you have a person and they change color, don’t be alarmed! They have just been shifted to Entertainment!

The color, for those of you with codes that will need updated is:

#d6a711

VI. EPIDEMIC X OUTBREAK

For those of you that I have not spoken to already, there is officially an Epidemic X outbreak happening at Hogwarts. As you all know, the Trace protects students from the disease somehow—though healers have not yet figured out how. It manages to keep that lingering protection for around a year after that character’s seventeenth birthday, but after that… they are officially at risk for illness.

There are a handful of students that are eighteen that are now sick, and I have both DMed on Discord and sent informational PMs to you all about the date when they specifically got sick! If you have any questions, just let me know! But I will try to answer them right now!

As of right now, sick students are quarantined in the Hospital Wing.

When we have more information, we will give it to you! As of right now, any further action has not been decided by the Headmistress!

VII. WRITING CHALLENGE

We had a great start to the year with our development challenges! But it’s time to change things up, and that means that it’s time for a writing challenge this month.

Now, come on guys. Our dev challenges always get all of the love, and our writing challenges only get a few entries a month, if that! So, let’s try to change that this month by giving our spring-themed writing challenge a shot!

Go right here! Write things! Do all the things. March is such a long month compared to February — you have so much time! So GO ENTER!

VIII. HOUSEKEEPING

I’ve been liking throwing in some housekeeping stuff even if it’s just reminders of things most of us already know! So, let me just do those really quick, shall I?

March nominations are officially up and going. Try to get your nominations in by the 20th! Remember that you get a sickle if you nominate, but only if you nominate all three categories. If you only nominate two, no monies for you! Oh God, I’m rhyming now. Anyways, nominate HERE!

Last month, we announced our new event teams, which are fun ways of getting involved around the site to plan little events! The teams are: Holiday, Hogwarts, University, and Summer! Most of you have already joined a team, but if you haven’t, GET GOING! I may be interested in giving people the opportunity to be apart of TWO teams OR combining Hogwarts/Uni and Summer/Holidays, simply so we have some more people on each team! I will let you know when we decide on that!

We have St. Patrick’s Day coming up and since our Valentine’s Day festivities went so well, definitely keep your eyes open for St. Patrick’s Day fun — either made by your lovely event team or staff, because you know I’m a sucker for holidays, and I’m going to do something!

xoxo

Gossip Girl
Staff Team