Bisexual
epidemic x status
Infected - "Unfortunately."
occupation
Magical Naturalist
Herbologist
Occultist
general appearance
"Soft. At least, it appears that way. But appearances can be rather deceiving, can't they? No? Oh well, I'm not incredibly tall, but 5'7" is respectable. I'd be taller if I wore heels more often, but they are just so impractical sometimes. I have dark hair, and bright blue eyes. And when I say bright, I mean bright. I'm pale, I've always been pale, and three years in the Scholomance didn't really help any on that front. I carry myself with an air of importance, but I think it might just be arrogance."

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Ravenclaw
achievements
Prefect: Fall 2008 - Spring 2010
Head Girl: Fall 2010 - Spring 2011

Astronomy Club - 1st-7th Year (2004-2011)
Charms Club - 1st-7th Year (2004-2011)
Herbology Club - 1st-7th Year (2004-2011)
Potions Club - 1st-7th Year (2004-2011)
Runology - 3rd-7th Year (2006-2011)
Transfiguration Club - 1st-7th Year (2004-2011)

university
Şolomanţă
university major(s)
Magical Naturalism | Maleficium | Sanguine Scientiem
years attended
Fall 2011 - Spring 2014

skills
GREEN THUMB - "We're going to say I got this from Mum, because I probably did. But I really can make just about anything grow. With or without magic."
BLACK MAGIC -  "Majored in this one. If there's one thing that you learn being a Blackwood, by birth or not, it's Black Magic, and Maleficium is just natural at this point." 
HOSTESS DUTIES - "The one thing that I actually took away from being a pureblood. I can throw a really lovely party if I choose to apply myself."
SANGUINE SCIENTIEM - "This is my favorite. And the one thing that I'm terribly annoyed that I cannot do right now. Blood magic is a tricky thing, and without actually having access to my magic, I have to resort to the old muggle literature on the subject, which is not the same. Though the sacrifice is well and good."
MAGICAL NATURALISM - "I majored in this as well. That's the whole set, in case you missed it. And it is truly what I tell people that I do for a living. Working with the wonders of the world around us is green, and environmentally sustainable."
FEMINISIM - "You cannot grow up with Amaryllis Blackwood as your mother, and not become a true feminist." 
BARTENDING - "Ax taught me this one. Bartending, mixology, whichever really. I learned from him." 
weaknesses
HER FAMILY - "I'm a Blackwood first. And I know what that means, I know that I'm not a Blackwood by blood, but that doesn't really matter. I'm still a Blackwood. And I would protect my family, and our beliefs, with everything I've got."
RATHER MESSY - "It's quite hard to be a tidy person when your main pastime involves blood letting." 
BLOOD STATUS - "I'm a pureblood, but I'm not proud of being a pureblood. In fact, I'd rather not be one at all. It doesn't matter. It's a silly thing to get all worked up about. Who cares what our blood status is?" 
THE COVEN - "Everything about it is defining for my family, and it's crucial that it be protected." 
PASSIVE AGGRESSIVENESS - "Sometimes it gets the point across in a way that is quite pleasing to me." 
DUMBLEDORE - "Just the one."
positive traits
Alert - Brilliant - Cunning - Devoted - Feminist Minded - Focused - Honest - Loyal - Opinionated - Politically Neutral - Resilient - Resourceful -  Tolerant - Well-Spoken
negative traits
Cautious - Devious - Holds Grudges ("Got that one from Mum.") - Impatient - Jealous - Morbid - Proud - Sadistic - Strong-Willed - Stubborn - Vindictive 
hobbies/interests
Blood Magic. Axton Dumbledore. Herbology. The Coven. Languages. Ancient Runes. Reading Latin. Demonic Summoning. Curses. 'Family Time'. Pretty sure that means rituals, and sacrifices and the like... Chess. Spending Time Elsewhere. Bartending. Debating Magical Theory. Judging People for Their Life Choices. 
accomplishments
Graduated Valedictorian with three majors from the Scholmance, and completed three separate dissertations, while somehow tying them all back into the feminist perspective. 

character history
"Okay, so, I'm Saffron, or Saf, which is easier, but not Saffy. Never Saffy. I would rather string you up by your ankles from the ceiling of the foyer and slit your throat so that I could use your blood in a ritual, than you call me Saffy, are we clear? Good. Now, I was born the middle child, and eldest daughter of Amaryllis and Linden Rookwood. 

I know what you're thinking, why did you list your mother first? Well let's just get one thing clear, I have two parents. Amaryllis and Avalon Blackwood. Linden Rookwood is not essential in this tale, at least not terribly. He is, was, my father, but he is of no importance. In fact, I don't even really remember him. 

Father was mad. Probably before So and I were even born, but Mum endured him long enough to make sure that we were all stable, and well kept. Long enough that no one thought anything terrible when he finally died. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Because Father was still alive when I went to Hogwarts for the first time. I was nine, So was seven. We went because Mum went, and Mum went because Jarred went. We lived at the castle, in her chambers. The elves helped her raise us, and we went to primary school. 

It was normal, for us. For me. I never knew Hogwarts without my mother there. There was something about the place that was mystifying for the time that we lived there. Only going home for the briefest of visits in the summer months. I don't even know when I started thinking of the castle as home, instead of the manor that we had been born into. It didn't much matter. Because Hogwarts became home. 

And then I actually started attending classes. My first year as a student was my third year in the castle. The Sorting Hat wasted no time, it had barely been set on my head when it was declaring me a Ravenclaw. I really don't think that there was really another option. I was not cold enough to end up in Slytherin with Jarred, and Gryffindors are just... Annoying. Hufflepuff wouldn't have been too bad, but I think I liked not following directly after Mum with that one. I got to be my own person. 

No one knew how much our lives were going to change two years later. Bea is technically only a year younger than I am, but her birthday is late, and that means that she was two years below me in school. 2006 saw the tiny blonde that would become our sister enter the castle. And I don't know what it was, but Avalon followed her there, just like Mum had followed Jarred. And just like that, our world's changed. Mum was happy, for the first time, and I think that made us all happier. 

Father died soon after, and while we all know what really happened, the public story revolves around the fact that his madness finally got to him. Something that's rather disturbingly close to the truth, if you really squint. It was his madness that drove Mum even further away, and after she fell in love with Avalon, that was all there was to it. Our world changed, and as soon as it was appropriate, she married her. Two mums in the castle. For a couple of years we were all four in the castle together. The three Blackwood girls, because Mum had our names changed when she changed hers, and Jarred. 

Things went on well enough, I was made a prefect in my fifth year, which was Jarred's seventh. Bea was in Slytherin, with him. A third year, and So was a second year Hufflepuff, like Mum had been. Two years later I was Head Girl. Got along well enough with Shacklebolt. Mum had always made sure that we weren't too picky about blood status, or anything like that. We were politically neutral. Blackwoods were unconnected to any of it, and being Rookwoods by birth, we were able to make that transition. 

After Hogwarts I left for the Scholomance. It was an honor, and one that I didn't know if I was going to have bestowed upon me. I was a Blackwood, yes, but not by birth. And I know that getting in was something that I will always be proud of. There was so much to be learned. And I wish that I could have stayed longer. I considered it, actually, slowing down. And taking my time with all of it. But I wanted to be back home. I wanted to be back with Mum and Avalon, and my sisters. I wanted to come home to the Blackwood Cult. 

Never one to be outdone, I graduated the top of my class. I came home. Of course, that wasn't before Axton happened. The whole slim class size would make you think that we would focus on something that wasn't each other. That there wouldn't have been anyone interesting enough to get attached to. But that was entirely not the case. And the Dumbledore was rather all consuming when it came to my interest. He graduated before I did, and then I didn't see him. You don't leave the Scholomance after all. I guess that was the first 'break up'. 

Then I was home, and home was close enough that we were on again. Or at least as on as we ever were. I don't even know who broke up with who this last time. Or any time, really. He's annoying, because he's the only person that makes me feel like that. But then he says stupid things. Or I do stupid things. And something happens. And one of us leaves. We're both at fault. And neither one of us does anything about it. At least until we decide to 'work on it', and end up right back here. Not together. Shagging. I guess you could say we're 'working on it', again." 

parents
Mother:   - 48 - Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts | Head of Hufflepuff House | Herbology Professor | Herbologist - University of Bangor Alum

Father: The Lord Linden Rookwood - Deceased - Member of the Wizengamot

Mother: @avalon - 49 - Guidance Counselor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry  
siblings
Brother: The Lord Jarred Rookwood - 27 - Wizengamot Member | Civil Division Lawyer | Linguist - Lufkin University Alum 
Sister: @beatrice  - 24 - Photographer for the Daily Prophet | Obituaries Writer for the Daily Prophet | Occultist | Journalism Student at Lufkin University - Şolomanţă Alum
Sister: Sorrel Blackwood - 23 - Potioneer at Desiderium | Alchemist | Potioneer - University of Bangor Alum 
children
None
partner
other family
Uncle: @leopold
Auntie: @vayda

Uncle: Lord Alder Greengrass 

Aunt: The Lady Rosalind Nott (née Greengrass)
Uncle: The Lord Lester Nott
Cousin: Lord Ophion Nott
Cousin: Lord @caerus
Cousin:
family history
"Stole that from Mum."

Compliments of Hyperion's application:

The Avery family has been a part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight for as long as such a list has existed. They weren't the largest of lines, by any means, but no one could really say that they were going to over take the Blacks there. Everyone had at least one Black relative in their family. That was just how it worked. And the Averys were no different. If you went back far enough, there were sure to be lines that crossed.

Compliments of Asteria's application:

The Greengrass family originally hails from Greece-- more specifically, around Eleusis in West Attica, an area said to be favored by Demeter. There the family prospered for centuries, until the Roman empire began to split. Their ancestors then immigrated to Britannia, settling in Wales. Their success with growing continued, and they made a name and fortune for themselves, growing and selling rare or decorative flora. Every so often, there might be a member of the family who turned to farming instead, and made crops prosper, however those were rare.

They were named for the lush grasses that marked the borders of their lands. Though the land is now covered by woodlands, some of the greenery continues to grow in carefully-tended areas on the Head's estate in England. The main Welsh estate is where children are raised, and while remnants of their Greek heritage linger in naming, a few sayings, and architecture, the family overall views itself as Welsh, no matter the English, Basque, Scottish, Irish, or (more recently) Turkish blood that's married in.

Sons were raised to be researchers and Herbology masters, daughters to tend their plants and make Potions. Even a poor horticulturalist might find luck in discoveries or in a cauldron. As the years went through, inheritance customs changed with the times, into some odd mixture of English custom (the land the Head would reside in) and Welsh (where the family would be raised). Heirs must be acknowledged by the head of the family, and acknowledged natural children had the same chances as legitimate children, in deference to Welsh customs. The titles and honors passed in a male-preference primogeniture, where brothers stood before sisters, and daughters before uncles-- if all were acknowledged by the Head of the family, that was. No natural son would come before an aunt, unless the head of the family marked him as heir. Still, messy situations were kept from happening for the most part, due to the Head of the family selecting who was to be counted in inheritance.The Greengrass family originally hails from Greece-- more specifically, around Eleusis in West Attica, an area said to be favored by Demeter. There the family prospered for centuries, until the Roman empire began to split. Their ancestors then immigrated to Britannia, settling in Wales. Their success with growing continued, and they made a name and fortune for themselves, growing and selling rare or decorative flora. Every so often, there might be a member of the family who turned to farming instead, and made crops prosper, however those were rare.

They were named for the lush grasses that marked the borders of their lands. Though the land is now covered by woodlands, some of the greenery continues to grow in carefully-tended areas on the Head's estate in England. The main Welsh estate is where children are raised, and while remnants of their Greek heritage linger in naming, a few sayings, and architecture, the family overall views itself as Welsh, no matter the English, Basque, Scottish, Irish, or (more recently) Turkish blood that's married in.

Sons were raised to be researchers and Herbology masters, daughters to tend their plants and make Potions. Even a poor horticulturalist might find luck in discoveries or in a cauldron. As the years went through, inheritance customs changed with the times, into some odd mixture of English custom (the land the Head would reside in) and Welsh (where the family would be raised). Heirs must be acknowledged by the head of the family, and acknowledged natural children had the same chances as legitimate children, in deference to Welsh customs. The titles and honors passed in a male-preference primogeniture, where brothers stood before sisters, and daughters before uncles-- if all were acknowledged by the Head of the family, that was. No natural son would come before an aunt, unless the head of the family marked him as heir. Still, messy situations were kept from happening for the most part, due to the Head of the family selecting who was to be counted in inheritance.

other
She promises to try not to get blood everywhere...
face claim
Alexis Bledel
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
We make the rules.
how did you hear about us?
Blood Magic.
roleplay sample
Even Though We Break Up in the End...

Happy Birthday Ax

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Mar 24, 2019 15:39:47 GMT -5

Accepted

don't come to the Hog's Head when Ap is working unless you want something very unpleasant in your drink