Finn Elliot Harlow Avatar
Slytherin
31 posts
21 years old
Underground Fighter
Owner of Paroxysm
Criminal
played by Morgan
"If you feel so filthy, so dirty, so fucked up--you're not the only one so get up, let's start a riot"
options

Post by Finn Elliot Harlow on Mar 20, 2019 23:11:25 GMT -5

Finn Elliot Harlow
by Morgan
birthday
blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
Heterosexual
epidemic x status
Infected
occupation
Owner of Paroxysm | Underground Fighter
general appearance
“I’ve gotten better looking with age.” Wow, okay. Let’s just move right along now, shall we? There’s no denying that Finn is attractive, though I wouldn’t necessarily call him conventionally attractive. “Hell’s that supposed to mean?”

Anyway… he’s not the tallest guy by any stretch of the imagination, but he stands at five feet, ten inches, and he makes up for his height with all that muscle. He’s got very blue eyes. Honestly, his eyes are so pretty, but he’s not going to let me talk about that. He’s got dirty blonde hair, that he wears longer than he did at Hogwarts. Not long by any means, but longer than his Hogwarts years. He usually has at least a little bit of stubble too because who has time to shave? His body is littered with scars (ask Kali about them), just generally from having a rough upbringing. His nose has been broken a few times too, but we won’t get into that.

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Slytherin
achievements
Not getting expelled
Probably set the school record for most fights started
"More like most fights finished..."

university
N/A
university major(s)
N/A
years attended
N/A

skills
HIGH DRINKING TOLERANCE ◈ He had his first drink when most of the kids his age weren't even thinking about alcohol. Seriously, when he started Hogwarts, he had already been drinking for a few years easily. Yes, he wasn't chugging liquor at eight or anything like that, but he was drinking. So pretty much, him getting drunk is a feat. You're not going to outdrink him. I'm not going to say it's impossible but... I mean, it's pretty much impossible. 
FIGHTING ◈ If you want to hear the long story about the night he learned that he would need to learn to fight to survive, I can tell it. But the gist of it is, he learned the hard way. He got his ass kicked and all of the food he'd stolen, stolen from him. He didn't eat for the night, his mum didn't eat for the night, and he realized that he wasn't a kid anymore. That was when he started to learn how to fight. Eventually, that lead to fighting in underground matches in his neighborhood. He never lost a fight in those circuits, even when he went to Hogwarts and came back for the summer holidays. These days, he has to deal with more business-running than fighting, but don't let that fool you -- he can still knock you unconscious with a punch. He just doesn't do it for sport as much anymore.
STREET SMART ◈ Living on the streets means that you either learn to adapt or you die. That's not dramatics, that's just the truth. He learned to adapt. For some parts of his childhood, if his mum didn't have a boyfriend for them to mooch off of and before he learned to fight, they were homeless. When you don't have four walls and a locked door to protect you, you learn how to keep your eyes and ears open. He can read a bad situation in seconds, and can keep his cool when the situation calls for it. He can also diffuse a fight in his neighborhood if he knows the people. Or he can join it, depending on his mood. 
SURPRISINGLY BUSINESS SAVVY & GOOD AT MATH ◈ Look, it surprised me too. He came across Paroxysm in ways that he is not fully going to tell you, and he had no idea if he'd be any good at the business running side of it. But he's got a head for numbers that still shocks me, and probably shocked everybody else too, let's be completely honest.
A GREAT SHAG ◈ No, Finn, we're not putting this.
weaknesses
THE TEMPER ◈ The fuse on this one is not that long, all right? You're not going to offend him personally, that's hard to do because he honestly just doesn't care. You can't really rile him up or piss him off on purpose. But if he does get pissed off, you don't want to be on the receiving end of his temper. That's just a tip for your benefit, all right? You really just do not want to experience it for yourself. Your funeral.
SCHOOL SMARTS ◈ He doesn't even think this is worth mentioning since school feels so long ago now, but yeah. He was never all that school smart. He did get held back and had to repeat his seventh year in order to graduate. And even though he did try hard enough to actually graduate, his marks were not all that impressive. We didn't get anything higher than an A, at the absolute highest, and that was only on like two subjects. School is not his thing. Whether he just didn't put in the effort or if he's actually not that smart? Up for debate.
HIS FAMILY ◈ What needs to be up for discussion? His father, he's never met. His mum... she has never showed an interest in raising him, has always been more interested in whatever man she can leech off of and whatever drug she can get her hands on. Despite everything that she had been through which could make you feel bad for her, she's an extremely unlikable person. She expects everyone to do everything for her and has never lifted a finger to help another human being in her life, even her son. It's a tough subject. Finn does still pay her rent but he does not actually go home and see her all that often. If he wants to make sure she didn't overdose or something, he gets someone from the neighborhood to check on her. 
NOT GOOD WITH WORDS ◈ He's a man of few words. He says something when he has something to say, and doesn't waste time with unnecessary small talk. That's not necessarily a bad thing (he doesn't think it is), but he also really doesn't know how to talk about his feelings. He couldn't put in words how he feels about anyone that he cares about, and would have no idea how to tell someone about his mum or how he feels about her or his upbringing. Talking about feelings would be like admitting he has them! We can't do that!
A CERTAIN PARKINSON ◈ Quite a turnaround, now he's the one who doesn't want me to put this.
positive traits
CONFIDENT DETERMINED  IMPULSIVE  PROTECTIVE  STRONG
negative traits
DESTRUCTIVE DISRESPECTFUL TACTLESS  TEMPERMENTAL VIOLENT
hobbies/interests
DRINKING FIGHTING  SHAGGING  GAMBLING  MAKING MONEY  PUSHING PEOPLE'S BUTTONS 
accomplishments
Survived this long, that's impressive in his neighborhood, okay?

character history
Finn grew up with his mother as his only family, watching her go from bloke to bloke trying to keep them slightly protected from the bad area that they lived. They spent a majority of his childhood living on the streets, and if they ever did have an apartment to live in, it was provided by her mother's man of the month and didn't last long. In order to survive living on the streets, Finn had to pick-pocket and do whatever he could to attempt to find food for him and his mother, including shoplifting, obviously. It was at one point after Finn was heading home with some food he'd shoplifted that Finn was jumped by several blokes in the neighborhood and beaten half to death that he realized what he needed to do to survive.

Over the next couple years, he began to work for the gangs doing odd jobs, and eventually got into a street fighting circle that provided almost all of his income at this point. Even when he went to Hogwarts, which he only did for steady meals and a place to sleep, he still came home over most holidays to get more work in. He has never lost a fight in these street fights, giving him a hell of a reputation in his neighborhood as well, which provides him with more money per fight. Fighting in this circle, along with his other work, has given him enough money to be able to avoid rent on a horrible apartment in London for him and his mother, though it obviously gets the job done.

Because of his very rough personality, made from a life on the streets, Finn does not have a good reputation at all at Hogwarts, as his temper often gets the best of him and he finds himself in trouble often and in many fights. When he isn't getting in trouble for fighting, he's getting in trouble for drinking or whatever else he's able to find. To him, the thought of trying to act like everyone else in the school to remain under the radar never even occurred to him, though his personality is obviously toned down from how he has to be on the streets.

Partially, he didn't know why he went to school. He wasn't too fussed with magic one way or another, preferring to solve problems with physical violence as he always had. But he kept it up, mostly because it gave him a constant source of food and a roof over his head, which he certainly didn't mind in the slightest.

It was at Hogwarts where he met , though. Their relationship hadn't started out as anything at all. Nothing more than shagging, though she quickly became one of the few people in Hogwarts that he could actually stand to be around. Nearly everybody else was irritating or childish or just generally assholes. Take your pick, okay, he didn't like a lot of the people at school. But one of the few that he liked to be around was Kali. Their shagging quickly turned into something a lot more complicated than that. He doesn't really want to fess up to that, but there's a reason why I'm telling this history and he isn't. She learned a lot more about him than anybody else knows and he cares about her a lot more than he wants to admit. 

But all good things have to come to an end, right? That's Finn's belief anyway. He always knew how their relationship was going to end. She's a pureblood. She had certain expectations of her, certain things that she needed to do, and he always knew what his life was going to be. It would be a miracle if he made it out of the neighborhood he was born in. Not a lot of people did, after all. Hogwarts had been a break from all of that, but he was never really any good at magic. He couldn't honestly use that as much of an escape. He had figured he'd be right back where he started after he graduated, no reason to try to avoid the inevitable.

He had gotten held back and it was a wonder that he cared to graduate Hogwarts at all, in all honesty. But he had, and Kali -- who had been a year below him originally, had actually ended up graduating early and graduating before him. That had made the last term at school even more irritating, because then there really wasn't anybody around worth talking to. But somehow, he scraped by until graduation. Didn't get marks to write home about, but he hadn't been expecting those anyway.

And then, he graduated. Instead of going back to that same apartment that he'd been in with his mum for as long as he'd been paying for it, he left her the money that he had and he hit the road. There wasn't any good reason for leaving, except for wanting to. With no money to his name, since his bloody conscience very literally had left it all with his mother, he got into his fair bit of scrapes along the way. However, he has always been good at just getting by. Finding work, legal or not, making enough to make ends meet.

His travels took him around the United Kingdom a lot at first but eventually they took him further. He's not convinced he really want the full details of where he's been. "I'm just saying, it's not a pretty story." But I do know that he got more than a few scars along the way. "And I broke my nose, and three fingers, and then my nose again... but who's counting?"

Yes, we do love you giving me random tidbits of the injuries you got on your travels without any context as to how you got them. You saving that information for someone or something?

Anyways -- I do know that some of that time was spent in Russia, and a few months in Siberia, a few more in the Ukraine. He didn't get any further than Russia though, so really, who knows what this kid was up to?

He did not hear about the epidemic right away. Let's be real, he's not the type of bloke that picks up a lot of newspapers. But he got wind of it a little while after it happened and moved back to the United Kingdom in September. Acquired Paroxysm, and now look at him. He's running a business and all that shit. And he's surprisingly good at it, who saw that coming? I wasn't sure that he could count past ten -- okay, I'm getting glared at, so I guess we're going to stop now. 

parents
Nathan Tate - father, 58, halfblood, Death Eater, Azkaban Guard
Shannon Harlow - mother, 39, Muggle, Unemployed
siblings
Oliver Tate - half-brother, 14, halfblood, Slytherin student
Candace Tate - half-sister, 11, halfblood, Slytherin student

He does not know about these, doesn't care, and doesn't think I even should have told him they exist
children
-
partner
-
other family
-
family history
Shannon Harlow was born and raised in Newham, a borough on London’s east side. It has never been the safest area in London. In fact, it’s a borough that has had problems with inequality in poverty for years, and her family was no exception from that. She was born to two people who had no business being together, but that got married because that was just what you did. Her mother was… respectfully, a prostitute, and her father was… okay, you can take a guess at that, can’t you? They got married because it seemed like the best thing to do at the time.

The relationship didn’t last long, and went bad even quicker. Her father was drunk more than he was sober, and her mother medicated on whatever she could get her hands on. Violence was a norm in Shannon’s life from a young age and from the moment she was old enough to attract a guy’s attention, she learned that was the best way for her to survive. She latched onto whatever guy she could flirt with—and she was pretty enough, so that wasn’t necessarily difficult to do.

She got by well enough. Her dad eventually split for good but she and her mum were no worse for the wear after that. He spent their money more than he made any of his own. She managed to graduate high school—not with grades that would impress any university, but graduating was graduating nonetheless.

She had been walking home from a party late one night when Nathan Tate came across her with a few of his friends. Death Eaters coming to a Muggle part of London for a little bit of fun, and I’m sure you can imagine what kind of fun they were looking for. It was the end of summer, and she still remembers how long she was in that alleyway after they’d left before she managed to get up and make her way home afterwards.

She didn’t realize that she was pregnant right away, if we’re being perfectly honest. Okay, who does right away, but you know what I mean. Christmas had been quickly approaching by the time she realized. Abortion had been on her mind, especially in light of how the baby had been conceived but in the end, she’d kept him.

And she has been self-medicating ever since. She has never held a job for any significant amount of time. The only way that she’s ever had a roof over her head is if someone is providing it for her. First boyfriends, and then Finn when he was old enough to make money himself. To this day, she’s living in an apartment that Finn pays rent for, though he no longer lives there himself.

And the Death Eater, you might ask? Well, that night of fun was short-lived, as the Battle of Hogwarts and Voldemort’s fall was a week before Finn was born. By the time he was born, Nathan Tate was in Azkaban awaiting trial. I guess that’s kind of justice, isn’t it?

Of course, he didn’t actually end up serving all that much time, under Minister Shacklebolt’s plan, but we’ll stick with the justice part, okay? That program treated him well enough, though he was in the work camp under Durant’s leadership. Now, though, he’s doing all right. Though the epidemic did impact him, he is working at Azkaban as a guard these days. He doesn’t know that he has a son.

other
-
face claim
Jack O'Connell
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
fuck off
how did you hear about us?
Written in a splatter of blood on Paroxysm's floor.
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Mar 24, 2019 23:47:28 GMT -5

Remake Accepted