staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Apr 5, 2019 15:03:02 GMT -5

Since I am trucking through the first of the month checklist, we are going to keep right on going! That means starting up this newsletter and letting you all know what’s going on around the site this month. I have a feeling that this could end up being a long one, so bear with me! I will try to condense information the best that I can!

Let’s get started!

I. April Birthdays
II. April Events
III. April Free App Group & Needs/Bans
IV. Four Year Anniversary Celebration
V. Hogwarts Epidemic X Outbreak Update
VI. Activity Check
VII. Hogwarts’ Event Team: Food Fight & Event Teams Update
VIII. Easter Holidays Information & Sign-up
IX. Birthday Thank You
X. Housekeeping & Reminders

I. APRIL BIRTHDAYS

2nd → @angus
4th → @ellanora
8th →
10th → @fitzgerald
13th →
14th → @kyler
16th → @izzy
16th → @rembrandt
20th →
20th →
23rd →
25th → @emmaline
25th → @hyperion
27th → @alexander
28th →
28th →

II. APRIL EVENTS

Hogwarts
April 13 - Quidditch Game: Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff, 11:00am
April 19 - Start of the Easter Holidays, train departs for King’s Cross at 12:00pm (half day of classes)
April 27 - End of Easter Holidays, train departments from King’s Cross at 11:00am

You can always check out the full Hogwarts schedule RIGHT HERE!

Gráinneog Institute
April 19-28 - Easter Break

Lig-na-Paiste Institute of Dragons
April 18-22 - Long Weekend for Easter

Lufkin University

University of Bangor

Full university schedules can be found RIGHT HERE!

III. APRIL FREE APP GROUP & NEEDS/BANS

As always, you can check the page yourself to keep updated on our needs/bans, as well as our free app group, RIGHT HERE. But I still want to make sure that you’re all always aware of it here too! So, for the month of April, our needs are:
  • Hogwarts Students Year 1-4
  • Hospital Employees
  • Primary School Employees

We do officially have a group in the danger category, which I have never really utilized before! If you remember, the danger group is a group that is not currently banned, but is on the watch list, of sorts, and might be banned if we get too many more people of that group!

And that group would be 6th Year Female Students! Currently we have an overwhelming amount — yes with some NPCs as well, but still enough for the group to be in danger!

There are no bans at this time!

And now onto our free app group. If you recall, you can only participate in a free app group of the month if you have not deleted three or more characters in the past two months and if you haven’t had more than half of your characters on AR in the past two months. You can also not participate on an absence!

Our free app group for April is going to be our International Confederation of Wizards squad! The adoptables for those are right here!

We still have five more up for grabs! Remember that if you are making an ICW squad member, you need them sorted by the end of April so we can get this plot started!

IV. FOUR YEAR ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

As you are all aware by now, April is the month of Insurrection’s original founding! So every year, we celebrate that by counting down the anniversary with fun activities every day! Since it’s the 5th, we’ve had five little events or bits of information released so far! You can check all of it out RIGHT HERE!

So far we have brought back three anniversary favorites from past year’s, we have a brand new activity, and of course, brand new trackers for you guys to use year round! Check it all out and keep participating!

V. HOGWARTS EPIDEMIC X OUTBREAK UPDATE

Okay guys, I’m so sorry we were remiss in giving you all information about your sick Hogwarts students. But we have some information for you guys now!

So every sick student was quarantined in a portion of the Hospital Wing. Guests were strictly monitored — and bubble head charms were required for all visitors. Professors came in to give practical lessons during that time so that students did not fall behind in the classes. Healers from St. Mungo’s were brought in to assist the Matron in anything that she needed as well!

Your student could have been released from the hospital wing any time between the: 25th and the 30th. Remember that your student will not be able to attend Oralie’s Birthday Party if they are still quarantined in the Hospital Wing! And if they were released on the 30th, they would not have been able to attend that Hogsmeade Weekend!

Students will still be able to attend lessons and professors will give them separate assignments to complete. They will still be able to take their written NEWTs at the end of the year.

I hope that all makes sense! Let us know if you have any questions!

VI. ACTIVITY CHECK

It is April, so it is once again Activity Check month! I just like to leave a little reminder for all of you about that! You just have to make sure to post here by the end of the month! If you don’t, your accounts will be deleted! Everyone has to post! Everyone on staff will, including me, so even if you are on and posting every day and you think it is implied that you are still here, you have to post. It’s only fair!

If you have not been actively posting since the last activity check, I will be editing in posts and letting you know that you will need to post more this month to be considered active and not be deleted. That full rule is explained on the page as well!

So GO HERE!

VII. HOGWARTS’ EVENT TEAM: FOOD FIGHT & EVENT TEAM UPDATE

If you missed it, then what are you doing?! The Hogwarts Event team has planned a massive food fight for April Fool’s Day. If you want to participate, you better get going!

Remember, even if you don’t participate, this is something your character can think about in other threads and would not have missed!

Remember guys, these groups are here to help us plan! This is the first one we’ve had so far since our teams have been created! Also please remember that, when you have an idea, to come back and post it on the page to get it approved!

There is a code for approval on the event team page!

VIII. EASTER HOLIDAYS INFORMATION & SIGN-UP

Just a friendly little reminder that the Easter holidays are rapidly approaching. They will begin on the 19th, so make sure that you head over to the sign-ups and let us know what students are staying at school and what ones are going home for the holidays!

Just GO RIGHT HERE for that!

IX. BIRTHDAY THANK YOU

I guess this doesn’t really need its own section, but here I am! I just wanted to thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes! You are all so sweet and I love you so, so much! I think we’re going to have yet another amazing year on site and I’m so excited for it!

You guys are all the absolute best!

X. HOUSEKEEPING & REMINDERS

Just a couple of quick, quick reminders before we close this down!

That’s all, folks!