Maman's Going To Be So Pissed.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 8, 2019 18:12:42 GMT -5

Marie-Alix Juliette Bousquet, Ph.D., Psy. D.
by Tori
birthday
blood status
HalfBlood
sexual orientation
Bisexual
epidemic x status
Not Immune, Not Infected
occupation
International Wizarding Police

Criminal Prosecution Attorney

Criminal Psychological Evaluation Instructor

Psychologist 

Formerly: Auror with the Bureau des Aurors in the French Ministry
general appearance
"Maman, about thirty-five years ago..." Marie-Alix... "Fine, fine. I'm 173 cm, almost. Just shy, really, but close enough. I'm not exactly the smallest girl in the room, but I'll take it, because I'm strong. In more ways than one. Physically, I'm very fit. I carry myself with the airs that I am my maman's daughter. People don't mess with her, and they don't mess with me. She birthed a mini version of herself, in appearance, and in attitude, most of the time. I'm not as cold, but we'll get to personality in a minute. I like to run, I get that from Maman too. Though I think I'm confident in saying that I could beat her in a foot race." 

former school
Beauxbatons
former house
Monde
achievements
Prefect:
    5th-7th Year (Fall 1999 - Spring 2002)

Mock International Wixen Council Member:
    Member: 1st-5th Year (Fall 1995 - Spring 2000: Delegate for Morocco)
    Leader: 6th-7th Year (Fall 2000 - Spring 2002: Delegate for France)

Debate Club: 
    Member: 1st-7th Year (Fall 1995 - Spring 2002)

Dueling Club:
    Member: 1st-6th Year (Fall 1995 - Spring 2001)
    Leader: 7th Year (Fall 2001 - Spring 2002)

Quidditch: 
    Reserve Seeker: 1st-2nd Year (Fall 1995 - Spring 1997)
    Seeker: 3rd-7th Year (Fall 1997 - Spring 2002)
        Captain: 7th Year (Fall 2001 - Spring 2002)

university
Université Paris I Pantheon - Sorbonne

Université Pantheon-Assas Paris II 

Université Paris-Sorbonne

Bureau des Aurors in the French Ministry

International Wixen Police Academy
university major(s)
Undergraduate: International Law

Graduate School: European and International Business Law

Graduate School: Psychology 

Doctorate: Psychology 

Auror Training

Basic Training Program

Advanced Agent Training
years attended
Undergrad: Fall 2002 - Spring 2006

Grad School: Fall 2006 - Spring 2008

Grad School: Fall 2008 - Spring 2010

Doctorate: Fall 2010 - Spring 2013

Auror Training: Fall 2002 - Spring 2004

Basic Training Program: Spring 2008 - Fall 2008

Advanced Agent Training: Spring 2010 - Spring 2011

skills
"Being a pain in my maman's arse..." Marie-Alix! "What?? It's the truth! Fine..." 

LAW: Following in her maman's footsteps, as with nearly everything else she has done in her life, Marie-Alix chose to go straight from Beauxbatons to study International Law in Paris. A four year undergraduate program, followed by two years of Masters Study, also in Paris, and she's a well trained attorney. Focusing mainly on International Criminal Prosecution as a forte. 

LAW ENFORCEMENT: Her chosen field, since it paralleled her maman's, and yet she could get by without quite being compared to her. She took her training seriously, and rose through the ranks of the French Ministry quickly before she left for Zurich. 

HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT: You can't be an auror for as long as she has been one. And you can't train and learn with the best of the best in the world, and not come out with a great understanding and capability to incapacitate with just your own body to use as a weapon. 

PSYCHOLOGY: She has two doctorates in this area. One in the Philosophy of Psychology, and one in Clinical Psychology. She has found that both can be applied to a great number of situations, whether they be political or criminal. 

DEBATE: This has long been a part of her life. From debating with her nannies as a child. To full on debating with her maman about social constructs, and the political and international complications of actions and reactions. Marie-Alix can hold her own with her maman, even if there are very few people that are willing to stand up to the older Bousquet in such a manner. 

POLITICAL SAVVY: You cannot grow up the only child of Séraphine Bousquet, and not at least learn what it means to be politically savvy. If she ever dreamed of being accepted by her maman, she had to learn the world that she operated in. Marie-Alix was never under the impression that she was going to rise far enough to be her maman's right hand, but she knows enough to know how to protect her, and who to protect her from. Even if she thinks that her maman would rather her stay in Morocco, or Paris, or at least Zurich. 

CRISIS MANAGEMENT: She inherited this skill from her maman. At least, she thinks she did. With no real concern over who her father was, she attributes nearly every aspect of her life to her maman's influence. And this is a skill that she does share with the woman. She learned a long time ago how to conduct herself in any manner of situation, and that meant that she was able to keep a clear head in nearly any position. It makes for a good lawyer, and an even better auror.

IMPASSIVENESS: There was never any real need to show her emotions. And so she learned to control them. Not to the point of occulmency. She doesn't shut them out, she simply does not allow them to show. There's a veil over her every thought, that prevents her from truly exposing her feelings about a situation. It makes it far easier to make rational decisions if your emotions are not involved in them. 
weaknesses
"Wanting Maman's attention, even if I'm over thirty years old..."

HER MAMAN: When you are not only the only child, but the only accidental child of Séraphine Bousquet, there is a good deal of pressure involved in that. She wants nothing more than to impress her. All that Marie-Alix wants is for her maman to acknowledge that she's done something right. That she's done something worthy of being proud of. And she has no idea if she's ever done that or not. Her mère is a terribly honest woman, and yet, she has no clue if she's worthy of being her daughter or not. 

SELF-RELIANT: She had to be. Growing up with nannies is not the same as growing up with a mère that loves you unconditionally. And while she knows - somewhere, deep down - that Séraphine would care very much if something happened to her, she's not entirely sure that she could count on more than that. She would rationalize her being hurt in some way that even Marie-Alix would likely believe. That was just how it worked. So she learned long ago that the only person that she could really count on was herself. 

STUBBORN: If she believes she's right, she will fight you to prove it. With logic, ninety percent of the time. She will go to bat for what she believes to be right, and if you're going to try and prove her wrong, I wish you the best of luck. Even if she is wrong, getting her to admit it will be like battling both the hell and the high water that she sends your way. 

DISTANCED: She holds herself apart from a good majority of the population. She doesn't associate herself as being a part of things, so much as an observer. If she can, she will act to help. She will always do her job, and stay focused on that. But there is a level of disassociation that can be placed upon her when you really look at it. As a Psychologist she can see it. She knows that it is there, but she has never done anything to try and counter it. 

HYPER-RATIONAL: If something can be rationalized, then she is going to go there. She's going to find the rational side of everything, and that means that she would prosecute her best friend - if she had a best friend - and if it meant that it was the thing that was going to be the lynch pin in her case. She does not make exceptions just for the people that she cares about. It means hyper-rationalizing her relationship with her maman into something that can be considered normal, and healthy. 

IMPASSIVENESS: There was never any real need to show her emotions. And so she learned to control them. Not to the point of occulmency. She doesn't shut them out, she simply does not allow them to show. There's a veil over her every thought, that prevents her from truly exposing her feelings about a situation. It makes it far easier to make rational decisions if your emotions are not involved in them. But it also lends itself to feeling a good deal of loneliness a majority of the time. 
positive traits
"So many of them."

ADAPTABLE + ANTICIPATIVE + BRAVE + BRILLIANT + CHALLENGING + DARING + DECISIVE + DEDICATED + EDUCATED + FOCUSED + HARDWORKING + LOGICAL + LOYAL + PERCEPTIVE +  PRINCIPLED + RATIONAL + REALISTIC + RESPONSIBLE + WELL-READ 
negative traits
"Probably even more of those."

ASSERTIVE - BLUNT - DEMANDING - DISTANCED - IMPASSIVE - OPINIONATED - PROUD - RATIONAL - RIGID - SELF-RELIANT - STUBBORN
hobbies/interests
"I'll come up with something."

Reading Old Case Files - Running - Auror Training - Police Training - Psychology Instruction - Reading Academic Journals - Dueling - Debating - Her Careers - Sex
accomplishments
"Things I did to get Maman's attention..." School. ICW Police. "Making a career in the same place as Maman, half to impress her and half to look after her."

character history
“So, here’s the deal, I was a mistake. We all know I was a mistake. So, we might as well get that all out in the open right now. No need to hide it. It’s just a fact.

Now that that’s established, let’s begin for real. My name is Marie-Alix Juliette Bousquet. I prefer you use my whole name, Marie-Alix, not just one half of it, but I’ll live if you don’t. More often people tend to just call me Bousquet. And that works for me. I’ll gladly go by my maman’s name.

See, that’s the thing. I don’t have a papa. I mean, technically I do. Everyone does. There is someone out there that I share half of my DNA with, but I don’t know him. And I don’t care. I don’t need a papa, I’ve never needed a papa. It was always just me. Me and Maman, and the nannies. So many nannies.”

Well they would have stayed if you weren’t such a holy terror…

“Irrelevant.”

Uh huh… Continue please.

“Anyway. I was born, and Maman named be after her maman, which was sweet. But that’s about as sentimental as it gets. I was handed off to be raised by nannies, and Maman continued to pursue her career. Something that I’ve tried my best not to hold against her. Look at her. She’s done amazing. But you’re right, I was a terror. I wanted her attention as a child, and the way that I thought that I could get it, was to be horrible for the nannies. There seemed to be a never ending, rotating door of them. But it got better. I mellowed out as I got older, and I realized that that wasn’t really going to work.

My nanny when I left for Beauxbatons was my favorite, and she should probably be listed in the parents’ section at the bottom, but we’ll just talk about her here. Her name was Celeste, and she was wonderful. She taught me all kinds of things. The things that you learn from your parents, the things that you don’t think that you’re going to really use in life when you’re nine, but then you’re twenty-nine and you’re grateful someone taught you… Those things.

She died, last year, and I don’t think I’m over it still. She didn’t have any children of her own, and so I was it. But I still have Maman, even if that relationship has never been exactly, normal… I left for school, and she was in Zurich, of course. When is she not in Zurich really? But that’s beside the point. She didn’t see me off, I went to Beauxbatons, and I had determined that there was only one thing that I could do. Succeed.

And so, I set out to do just that. I was going to join anything and everything that I thought had a shot of pleasing her. I joined the Mock ICW, I joined the Debate Club. I got on the quidditch team. Monde, I guess I should have told you that. I was sorted into Monde, just like she was. Maman’s little girl, right? Anyway, I played seeker, and I was good. We were a good team. School was just school for a while. I got good marks, I tried to stay out of trouble as much as possible.

I had learned who my maman was by that point. I knew what it was that I had to live up to. She was someone that people knew. A name that people recognized, even then. And I couldn’t let her down. I couldn’t be a bad daughter, not when she had such goals. Not when she worked where she did, and she was who she was. I didn’t know exactly, I was still too young to realize just how important my mère was. But I knew that she was important.

When I made prefect in my fifth year, I’m almost convinced that she was a little proud. At least I had done something right. I wasn’t a total disappointment of a child. And I was smart enough to know not to expect too much. She was never exactly… Warm? It didn’t matter, I was immune to wanting her affection. Or at least I had convinced myself that I was immune. I did well again my seventh year. I was the Leader of the Mock ICW, Leader of the Dueling Club, and I was Captain of our quidditch team. But I didn’t make Head Girl. And that was disappointing…

That fall I had a decision to make. What I was going to do after school. And I think some part of me had always known that I would follow Maman to Zurich. But I couldn’t go straight there. That wouldn’t have been right. I didn’t want to be handed something because I was Séraphine Bousquet’s daughter. I wanted to have earned it. And so, I did. I moved to Paris, and I enrolled in University and in the Auror Training program at the French Ministry. But I didn’t stop there.

Two years in I was a trained Auror, and two years after that I had gotten my undergraduate Law degree. I switched campuses and I spent the next two years focusing solely on European and International Law. By that point I had my master’s degree, and I could have just gone to the Ministry in Paris and been content to work as an auror, and a prosecutor for them for the rest of my life, but I’ve never exactly been content.

A second graduate degree in psychology was the next thing on my list, and that was fall of 2008. But before that I went to Zurich. If I would have asked her permission, I’m sure that she would have said no, but I didn’t ask, and a week after my graduation I had enrolled in the ICW Police Academy’s Basic Training program. I was already an auror, so it wasn’t all that hard to get acclimated, and find myself in the swing of things. I was a part of the ICW Police force when I went back to Paris in the fall.

I started my second stint in grad school, to get my Psychology degree, this time for the Force. Having a prosecutor that was also a psychologist, and trained agent, seemed to make me the triple threat. It took three years, but then I was trained in Clinical Psychology, and that’s where I’ve been since. Working for the ICW all over the world. I’ve been traveling. I prosecute International cases back in Zurich. I tend to follow my maman… Wherever she goes, when she leaves and goes to high risk places. I have had tendency to follow. A day or so later, so it’s harder for her to turn me back.

I haven’t told her I’m going to England with the group. She can’t blame me though. She doesn’t get to go into high risk situations alone. That’s just not something I’m willing to stand by and let watch happen."

parents
Mother: @seraphine  - 72 - Monde Alum - Supreme Mugwump, International Confederation of Wizards | Politician | Political Strategist | International Law Attorney  - Internationale Universität der Zauberer Alum 

Father: Irrelevant Male Person
siblings
"She didn't make that mistake twice."
children
"Ha. Yeah. No."
partner
"Can I just repeat my last statement?"
other family
"I was named after Maman's maman?"
family history
"I'll steal Maman's."

other