31 years old
Sanitation Worker
Animagus: Wolf
Mudblood
played by Nicole
""
options

Post by Megara Lucille Grant on Apr 23, 2019 17:59:36 GMT -5

It didn’t make sense. But here Megara stood, looking through the window of the owl emporium, watching the birds ruffle their feathers. Owls were never really her thing. She hated flying, it was the one fear she could admit, and she hated it so much so that normally anything that even could fly was terrifying. Things with wings were not her friend, which she knew about herself.

Yet here she was, opening the door anyway and stepping headfirst into what should rightfully have her in a panic attack. She quickly weaved her way to the back of the dimly lit store, to where they had set up a small aviary that stretched outside to give the birds a chance to spread their wings. This is what she had come for. She watched in quiet fascination as an owl left its perch on one side to swoop through the air and land on something else on the other side. Was this some kind of sick, psychiatric joke? Was she so desperate to feel freedom again that she thought flying could be the answer? There was a reason her animagus form hadn’t been a bloody bird.

More likely was that she just admired the freedom owls gained from their ability to fly. She wasn’t going to dismiss the possibility of a slow mental collapse though. “Honestly, what am I doing?” She asked in an exasperated tone to the the closest bird looking at her, as though it was going to answer. Crossing her arms over her chest, she met the bird’s blank stare as she continued to speak to it. “I really hate birds, you know.”

I’ll be gone in a day or two

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 28, 2019 16:08:37 GMT -5

take me on, take on me
I'll be gone in a day or two

Percy hated owls, he had since he had had Errol. Ruddy menace. He wanted a bird for a long time before he had gotten Errol, but the bird was the only one that his parents could afford, not the beautiful Elf Owl that he had been eyeing. He did not hold that against them, not by any means, but since the embarrassment that Errol had caused Percy, the man had been reluctant to get one of his own, often just using a random one, and since his wife had lost her magic he had been considering the use of cellphones instead. It made contacting his son easier and though he didn't mind borrowing his daughter's owl, it made much more sense to get one of his own.

So, here he was, heading into the shop and looking around. Though he had no idea as to why. He just needed to get in there and get out. He didn't need to spend more money than he had budgeted for this, else he might face the wrath of one of the witches that shared his home. He didn't need a big own, a simple barn owl would do them well enough, and would fit for where they lived as well. Yes, he worried about that kind of thing, shove off. He pushed his way through the shop, past displays of cages and foods, and a collection of live mice in cages to where some of them were on stands and was thinking about going to Magical Menagerie when he heard someone speak.

Turning his head and he looked at the woman there. "They can be a blood menace really, horrible things, but then they can be horribly loyal as well." He said in reply to the woman, as he thought about Hedwig. Maybe a snowy owl would be better for them. Would that be wrong of him? But then after all, he could not keep himself from buying a certain kind of thing just because it might upset someone that he knows. That would be stupid.

He stepped to look at the horned owl and laughed as it gave him rather large eyes, as if it were inspecting him. "You want a home or don't you? You could just die here, you know. So don't be so bloody rude." He said to the bird and smirked when it backed down and almost looked sad.
tag: // words: 405 // OUTFIT
template by eliza @ TB THQ
Megara Lucille Grant
Megara Lucille Grant Avatar
Ravenclaw
33 posts
31 years old
Sanitation Worker
Mudblood
played by Nicole
""
options

Post by Megara Lucille Grant on Apr 29, 2019 13:23:49 GMT -5

Megara stared at the bird as she spoke to it, unable to decipher the look it was giving her. If there even was anything to decipher. She didn’t think that the owl could understand her, but the way it was looking at her…in all honesty, it creeped her out. She decided not to look at its large, round eyes and to instead focus on the body of the owl. Despite the overall uncomfortable feeling birds gave her, Meg had to admit that the coloring of this ones feathers was quite pretty. Not pretty enough to make her want to touch the thing, but pleasing to look at.

Her gaze was torn away from the animal when a human voice interrupted her, causing her to look out of the corner of her eye, where she found an older red haired gentleman standing. Originally she had no plans to respond back, as she didn’t find it necessary to expand the topic. She didn’t like talking to others much in general, and especially not about topics she held no interest in. She was perfectly fine acknowledging his statement with a nod, and/or a shrug, and letting him go about his way. But, when he chastised the bird, she couldn’t help but find herself laughing. She found his words, along with the owl’s reaction, to be quite funny, and it had been quite a long time since she had a good and proper laugh.

The laughter ceased, however, when the animal decided it had enough of the humans and suddenly spread its wings wide. The sudden movement caused the (former?) witch to step, or rather jump, backwards. It wasn’t until the bird flew away to find another perch that she stepped back up to the aviary wall, clearing her throat. “Thanks for the back-up; I think you really told him off.” She said, turning to the man and quickly regaining her prior jovial mood. No better way to get through an uncomfortable situation than with a joke or two, right? Her eyes turned back to the aviary in front of them, eyes scanning the area to find the bird again. It was now perched near the back, but his large eyes still stared at them openly.

She suppressed a shiver, the owl’s gaze still creeping her out a bit, even from a distance. “They scare me a bit, for whatever reason. Even though they’re basically just cats with feathers. And wings. That can fly.” She shrugged in an attempt to look nonchalant, ignoring but at the same time explaining her display from just a few moments prior

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 28, 2019 18:51:29 GMT -5

Take me on, take on me
I'll be gone, in a ay or two
Percy had never met an owl that was not somehow a pain in his side. Maybe it dated back to when he was in school and been given Errol, though no doubt Ron hated him even more than Percy had. It wasn't anything shocking or specific that made him dislike them, but simply the mess and the noise that they made. It often exceeded the amount of fuss that the bloody things caused. Their cages were always a mess. It worked some nerve deep down inside of him and he didn’t know why. Maybe it was because he didn’t like a mess in the house, or because his last owls had been a little… angry towards him. He didn’t give them treats or spoil them the way that Terrianne did. He just didn’t like them, even if they were useful.

The young woman reminded him of someone, likely his own daughter. She looked too young to be his age, though she was probably closer to Terrianne’s age than his own. Nothing made him more curious than the process of aging. He was turning to leather before his very own eyes, meanwhile, his father looked as if he had not aged at all. Maybe it was because his father had passed the time in which he stopped aging and Percy hoped that he himself was there. Penelope was still so beautiful, the last thing that he wanted was for her to end up with Father Time while she looked so lovely for the next sixty years of their lives, or longer.

They would have long lives together and he was so glad for it. He was glad for the chance to spend the rest of his life loving her and raising a family with her. Hell, if he was a lucky man they would have more children, but he was so not going to push his luck on that subject. Not for a long time at least. After everything, they had gone through with John. All he wanted to do was to spend the rest of his life loving her and showing her that. He was meeting with a real estate agent as a surprise for her soon and there was something about knowing that a surprise this big was in his power made him feel amazing.

” I’ve had my share of them, and most of them are bloody Menace’s.” He said before looking over at the bird in the cage next to him. Fluffy little thing that could not even fly yet with large eyes that squeaked at him before giving him an owl-like smile. ’ They can be cute when they want to.” Resist the cuteness. RESIST.
tag: words: 450 template by eliza @ tb & thq
Megara Lucille Grant
Megara Lucille Grant Avatar
Ravenclaw
33 posts
31 years old
Sanitation Worker
Mudblood
played by Nicole
""
options

Post by Megara Lucille Grant on Jul 5, 2019 14:55:20 GMT -5

“I’ve never understood the appeal of them, to be honest.” She admitted with a slight crunch of her nose. Megara never understood the appeal of owls for pets. Although, that was likely because she never used them for communication like many other witches and wizards did. It was hard for her to trust or even comprehend their abilities; how did these birds know how to get somewhere they have likely never been before? How could she trust that her message would get where it needed to go? There were much more secure and trustworthy methods of magical communication. Non-magical communication was always an option as well. With the advancement in muggle technology, not to mention the epidemic that left most of the country without magic anyway, more and more witches and wizards were using cell phones. She had one even if she didn’t use it very often. She didn’t talk to many people, her circle of friends being extremely small due to her utter lack of social skills.

Normally not one for small talk, she surprised herself by speaking with the gentleman. She supposed it could be because she subconsciously craved conversation with someone closer to her own age; or at least someone out of their twenties. For whatever reason the select few friends she did have were all significantly younger than herself. She listened to a lot of drama out of the mouths of twenty year olds, things that she, quite honestly, couldn’t bring herself to care about. Not that Meg could find herself caring about a whole lot since she turned thirty-one. Faith was probably the one person she could honestly say she cared about, but she felt like she was needed less and less since that boy (she knows his name, okay, just doesn’t like to use it) started coming around.

Not that she wasn’t happy for her friend in that regard. She was honestly so pleased that the two of them found each other. As long as he kept her friend happy, and didn’t do anything to make her otherwise, she had no qualms against the man. But she had no qualms about making his life hell if he did either. At least, had no qualms against threatening it. There was very little she could do in all actuality. She would slip him a potion with rather unfortunate side effects if she still had her magic, but alas, that was out of the question.

The smallest of squeaks drew her out of her own thoughts, a place she often got lost in more often than not these days. The man was investigating the source, which when she looked around him she noted to be a baby bird. It was still downy and fluffy, the feathers not grown in yet. “That one is….cute. I suppose. Cuter than the flying ones, at least.” It was cuter than the adult owls, but did look a bit like an alien creature with its weak body and giant eyes. ’Still not gonna touch it.’

503 words // @percy // she’s the worst I know I’m sorry

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 23, 2019 20:29:45 GMT -5

Take Me on
I'll be gone
in a day or two

Percy knew that it was wrong of him to blame his dislike of owls on Errol. He couldn’t help that he was an annoying pain in the ass, or that he had been passed around their family so much. He did pity that Ron had him for so long, but that was something that was just going to happen in their family. They made do with what they had. Yes, Percy had come first and yes he got rewarded for being a Prefect and Head Boy. He got rewarded for all of the good things that he had done, and it had gone to his head, but his little brother, nothing had been enough for him. It was sad to see it, but it seemed like Ron had evened out a good deal. He liked knowing that Ron was doing okay for himself, but there was something about the man… it just rubbed him raw sometimes.

He tried to not judge his siblings, but he knew that he was just smarter than all of them. They each had their strengths, and he knew him, the others didn’t always have theirs but he liked to think that he had something that they didn’t have. Birds were messy and not something that he liked to have around if he could help it. Terri had given him a cellphone, but he didn't like using the thing. Not that he didn't know how to use it. Because he totally did. It wasn't that technology scared him. He just liked things to be done a certain way. He was stubborn and foolish and he just liked things how he liked them.

He followed where she was looking and he could not help but laugh, and he laughed even harder when the bird looked at him in an indignant fashion. "He's a rather cute little puffball, but if you're looking for something that can actually do you any service, he probably isn't the one you want. Sad to say. Though he would be much more loyal than other birds because you would have raised him. It's not an easy thing to have to do though. Not everyone has the temperament to do so. I know I don't." Penny would do it easily, but his wife had a baby at home, and his granddaughter would soon be needing their care as well. "I like the Eagle-owl myself. They're good ones to have and rather smart "

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0