Tangled up in you

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2019 17:34:16 GMT -5

@ophelia
The date had gone well, they always did and he was loving having her there in the flat. It was quiet now that he was there alone, and he hated having to do everything himself. He had considered asking his little brother if he wanted to move in, but he wasn't even sure that he should even ask Ophelia. He knew she probably loved her place and moving to this larger place was probably not what she wanted to do so fast.

His parents wanted to meet her, hell all of his friends wanted to meet her because he could not stop smiling and just seeming to be... happy. She was pretty much everything that he wanted in his life and He was unsure of what to do now. It had been four months nearly. Not four years. He wasn't sure that he loved her yet, though he could say honestly cared about her beyond anyone else that he had ever met in his life. She was... everything.

Sitting on his couch he held her close as he looked at her and not the telly, a smile on his face as he brushed his lips against her forehead.

words: 198
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 7, 2019 8:27:45 GMT -5

Ophelia wasn’t even sure how she had managed to focus on the film they had seen tonight while they were on their date. But she had had many years of perfecting the look that she was fine and while she was very nervous about breaking the news of her pregnancy to Alek, she still kept going with the face. She hadn’t acted funny around him, well she hoped not or else he would have asked her about it already.

Still, they had ended up at his place again. It was not her first time here but it was her first time coming here since his roommates had moved out. Ophelia could only imagine how lonely he was since she had lived on her own since moving to London four years ago. But that would likely change with the news she was about to break to him. They were dating, there

It was easy enough to notice that Alek’s attention was drawn to her rather than the television and she sighed contently as he placed the kiss on her forehead. Ophelia took a deep breath before sitting up and turning to face him. ”If you’re not watching this” she said before nodding her head to the television but kept looking at him. ”....then I want to talk to you about something” she said, hoping her nerves had decided to finally shine through. But in her mind, she sounded like she normally did.

Words: 240
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 10, 2019 16:20:21 GMT -5

More often than not The Griffin kept him busy. He didn't mind it usually when beforehand he had little else to do to keep him occupied other than the various hookups and bars that he went to. He was pretty confident in his position, and in the man that he had become. Even if he was unhappy Alek had never been one to show it. His life had revolved around a mixture of things for years and it always changed. From booze to girls and then to then The Griffin, he always had something to distract him.

It got a little hard to stomach at times how alone that he felt but he had no idea what else to do with the things that came his way, but the one thing that always made him want to come back for more, was Ophelia. His brother thought it was hilarious and told Alek all the time that it looked like he was obsessed with the lass, but the truth was, he was feeling something. For the first time since Lissa he was letting himself actually want to have something that felt like more than just something small. It had been close to four months since they had really started this dance of theirs but he was pretty sure that he was falling for her.

It wasn't planned but in the view of things, that wasn't a bad thing. Alek had always found that the things that weren't planned, were the best. When she shifted how she sat he lifted his arm so that she could move more easily and watch her. Reaching for the remote he paused the movie and smiled at her again, his hand reaching up to cup her face. "What's on your mind, love?" He asked as he looked at her.

words: 304
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 13, 2019 5:56:56 GMT -5

Even if Ophelia didn’t have her magic back yet, she still went to work. She had to, she needed to feel like she still belonged in this magical world even without her magic. Sure, she had her family name which had a lot of history to it and she was proud to be a Jameson even with the troubled history. She couldn’t change it. Her parents were long gone but she wasn’t going to forget them. Living her life as she had until now, she had done so hoping they were proud of her. Her uncle and aunt had told her so but now she was careful about the moves she made and people she associated so that she could do her family name proud.

When it came to Alek, Ophelia hoped that her parents would be proud of the man she had fallen for. Because there was no way that she was going to lose him. At least, she hoped not. Not now that she was pregnant. She had to tell him first though. That would be her first hurdle in what lay ahead for her, or rather for them. They were dating and had been out tonight. Ophelia had tried her best to not alert Alek to something being awry. At least, not until they were back at his place or her flat. That time had come now.

She would have been happy to just cuddle with him and watch some television, even if they had managed to distract each other. However, Ophelia knew that was not the right thing to do. He had to know that in a few months, he would become a father. Ophelia bit her lip as he paused the movie and then sat back while smiling at him as he cupped her cheek. ”I know we haven’t been together that long but there is something I need to tell you” she said, taking a breath. ”I….” How was she supposed to do this? Just blurting it out was just not happening.

Words: 338
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 14, 2019 12:17:03 GMT -5

There would have been a time in his life when Alek would never have gotten into this kind of thing. When even dating would have been laughable, but he was not getting any younger and the things that had once been so important to him were now falling to the wayside now. He was growing up, or so his father said, but Alek saw it as something else. He was seeing a shift in his priorities. The Griffin was doing exceedingly well and he was not needed to wait on things hand and foot he was finding that he could do as he pleased and still have the time that he needed to get things done as well. Spending time with Ophelia was a bonus, a rather sweet one at that.

His father had told him that the day that he realized that every step that he had taken had led him to that moment, to that woman to that place, would be the day that he became a man. He was hoping that he was making his mother proud. Though he never really doubted that his father was proud of him, he still liked to hear it, it made him feel better about the life that he was leading, and about who he had become. Ophelia had a lot to do with that, she was reminding him that he needed to slow down, and needed to relax once in a while.

He laughed softly and pulled her back against him and pressed a kiss to her lips. "Just tell me what's on your mind, Lia. Not breaking up with me are you?" He asked in a teasing tone, though his heart was pounding as he looked at her waiting for her answer.

words 294
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 24, 2019 16:16:17 GMT -5

The second person to find out about the pregnancy after Ophelia herself had to be Alek, she had been absolutely sure about that. Sure, the healer at St Mungo’s knew as well and had updated her file with the necessary information but that was required. She was so nervous about telling him because she had no clue about how he would react. She hoped the news would be received positively but they hadn’t been together that long that she wasnt’ sure how he would react to different types of news.

If they had been together longer, Ophelia would have come up with some creative way of telling him like telling him she had bought him a new outfit and it turning out to be a baby onesie. But in this case she just had to come out and tell him. She could have gone to her sister and asked for advice but she didn’t want to hear about how she could have been more careful. Ophelia put it down to her being sans magic and therefore the potion not working as planned which was the case with most if not all contraceptives.

Ophelia didn’t want to ruin theIr night by starting a fight about this. But if she was lucky, that wouldn't even happen and Alek would be happy about this. This was something forever. It would be harder for them to part ways now if something were to happen. The woman smiled and leaned back biting her lip a little before opening her mouth and then closing it again. She moved so she was sitting cross-legged and looked up at him. She shook her head and chuckled a little at his joke that she was breaking up at him. ”Alek….I’m Pregnant” she finally told him, and also she could hear in response amongst the silence between them was the heavy pounding of her heart as she waited for his reaction.

Words: 322
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 24, 2019 21:02:48 GMT -5

It had been a great night and he loved date night. it was the best night of the week for him really, not just because he got to spend time with Ophelia, but because he got to just love up on her and Alek needed that sometimes. He needed to be able to just go home, or to her house and know that she would be there for him not matter how insane the day was for both of them. She was more than just his girlfriend and he knew that he cared about her, but he could not find the words to say it. He could not seem to be able to find a way to tell her that he loved her, without looking like the idiot fool that he was.

He hadn't said it yet, and he had plans to, but there was something hard about holding her like this that made everything stop. It was like for just one moment, one perfect moment, they were able to be the only ones in the world. No one else mattered but them and it made him so damned happy. Nothing and no one else mattered when Ophelia was with him. He was about to lean and kiss her with a laugh on his lips when her words clicked and he stopped and looked at her, blinking for a moment.

Maybe he heard her wrong, maybe there was something in his ear, so he put his finger in his ear and started shaking his finger to clear it then kept blinking at her. Had she said what he thought that she had said? She was pregnant? No.No.... that wasn't possible... they had been so careful.... hadn't they?? "I thought we were being so careful, about things. i thought... I mean I'm happy love." he said before kissing her gently and giving her a smile. "I am just confused about how it happened, but I am so happy. " He had never really thought about having kids, though he supposed he was getting no younger, and he needed to jump on getting things at least started, but he thought that this would happen a different way. That he would be getting married first or something.

Cupping her face in his hands he looked at her and put their heads together before giving her another small soft kiss. "I love you, Ophelia."

words 403
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 31, 2019 3:16:50 GMT -5

Ophelia had been dreading just how she would break the news to Alek. They had only been a couple for a short time and now this would bind them forever. She thought he was an amazing man and he made her happy and she knew she never told him that exactly but she had told him that she loved him. The first time she had ever said those words she had been nervous because she knew that it may be to soon. However, she knew that she didn’t need to be afraid, she was admitting her feelings for him and she was an adult and had to approach it like that.

But this was something different, it was permanent, she had no plans to end her pregnancy. She was sure about that. Even if Alek wanted nothing to do with her or their child, she was going to raise them on her own. She had enough funds to do so and was already the owner of her own flat. She would be able to bring up her child on her own if needed.

She had tried to focus when they had been out but now that they were back at his place, she knew she had to tell him. She could try to make it like pulling of a bandaid of a cut and get it over with but this had to be approached with some caution. She was already carrying their child and had to be gentle with out she told him and also not hold it against him that she was now pregnant. Obviously it had taken the both of them to make this baby.

He had blinked, she was sure of it. Ophelia knew that was just how some people reacted to startling news. If only he could have seen when she the realisation had dawned on her and she had rushed out and bought those pregnancy tests. ”I thought we were careful too, I don’t know much about the potion, other than it’s not always effective and I am on the muggle contraceptive too, you know since losing my magic” They had been as careful as they could have been. ”You were there, I’m sure you know how I ended up pregnant” the brunette laughed and tucked her hair behind her ear before she reached over and grabbed her purse. She bit her lip before taking out the test results from St Mungo’s and handing it to him. ”I wanted to be sure before I told you and it was a bit early for an ultrasound”