staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jun 3, 2019 18:55:53 GMT -5

There's not too much to report this month, but we do have some news to get through! So make sure you read up and keep up to date with what's going on around the site this month! It's the official start of Summer, everyone!

Let’s get started!

I. June Birthdays
II. June Events
III. June Free App Group & Needs/Bans
IV. War of the Words
V. Event Teams & Site Activities
VI. Hogwarts End of Term Information
VII. University End of Term Information
VIII. Writing Challenge Poll
IX. Housekeeping & Reminders

I. JUNE BIRTHDAYS

1st →
1st →
2nd → @perenelle
3rd →
5th →
6th → @avalon
6th →
12th → @dante
13th →
14th →
14th →
15th → @louis
16th →
18th → @wood
20th →
21st →
22nd → @remington
25th → @caterina
26th →
29th → @isaac
30th → @zora

II. JUNE EVENTS

Hogwarts
June 3 - 6 - N.E.W.T.'s and O.W.L.'s Conclude
June 6 - End of summer term; Leaving Feast
June 7 - Students Year 1-6 leave for the term, train departs for King's Cross at 9:00 A.M.
June 8 - Graduation for Seventh Years, 10:00 A.M.
June 8 - Train departs for King's Cross at 2:00 P.M.

Remaining Examination Schedule
June 3 - Potions
June 4 - Care of Magical Creatures
June 4 - Theory of Magic
June 5 - Astronomy
June 5 - Divination
June 6 - Arithmancy
June 6 - History of Magic

You can always check out the full Hogwarts schedule RIGHT HERE!

Braithwaite School of the Performing Arts
May 15 - June 4 - Spring Term Performances
June 15 - Graduation

Gráinneog Institute
May 27 - June 7 - Exams
June 8-9 - Graduation

Lig-na-Paiste Institute of Dragons
June 17-21 - Exams
June 22 - Graduation

Lufkin University
June 1-3 - Graduations

Full university schedules can be found RIGHT HERE!

III. JUNE FREE APP GROUP & NEEDS/BANS

As always, you can check the page yourself to keep updated on our needs/bans, as well as our free app group, RIGHT HERE. But I still want to make sure that you’re all always aware of it here too! So, for the month of June, our needs are:

• Hospital Employees
  • Braithwaite Students and Staff

This is the same as last month, because that's just what we still need! Didn't see much of a reason to change it!

We do officially have a group in the danger category, which I have never really utilized before! If you remember, the danger group is a group that is not currently banned, but is on the watch list, of sorts, and might be banned if we get too many more people of that group!

And that group would be 6th Year Female Students! Currently we have an overwhelming amount — yes with some NPCs as well, but still enough for the group to be in danger!

We are officially back under a pureblood ban. Our numbers have skyrocketed up to upwards of 50%. The former rules apply. If your percent of purebloods is over 30%, you may not make any while the ban is in place. If you have a percent lower than 30%, you can still make them. But do so with caution, please! If you continue to make purebloods, that will just keep the ban in place longer! Take a good look at your characters, decide if they need to be a pureblood, decide if they can wait — all of that will help us to get this ban removed as soon as possible! If you have the account made by the time this newsletter, you can still make them. But no new accounts will be accepted if you have a percent above 30%!

And now onto our free app group. If you recall, you can only participate in a free app group of the month if you have not deleted three or more characters in the past two months. You can also not participate on an absence!

Our free app group for June is going to be any students that will be starting Hogwarts as a first year this September! We like having students to sort at the feast! So get those kiddos made!

IV. WAR OF THE WORDS

It's once again War of the Words month! I don't have too much to report on this score, obviously! I just want to make sure everyone knows that it is time for me to go made counting words, and see who comes out on top this month.

If you haven't signed up yet, it's easy! All you have to do is GO HERE and sign up! You don't have to do anything but sign up! Once you do, all you have to do is post like normal and at the end of the month, we will see who wins!

See? It's easy! So there is no reason at all not to sign on up!

V. EVENT TEAMS & SITE ACTIVITIES

We still have some fun events from last month that are up! I want to make sure that you are all still aware of those! If you have a Hogwarts student that hasn't thrown food in the April Fool's Day food fight, then what the heck are they doing with their lives? GO HERE and throw some pie, or something.

If you have an adult character that wants to get into some drunken debauchery, there's a pub crawl that comes with some pretty snazzy prizes both IC and OOC if you participate. So really, what the heck are you guys waiting for? Don't you want seven sickles and drunk characters doing hilarious things? Check out the following locations!

The Leaky Cauldron
The Roadhouse
Opium Backroom
Paroxysm
Griffin Bar and Grill
Hog's Head
The Three Broomsticks

As always, keep an eye out for other fun events made by our event teams on site! And if you haven't signed up to be on a team, then again, what the heck? Go here and do that.

So those are the events from last month that are still available for you all to participate in! Since it is the start of summer, keep an eye out for more activities from your Holidays & Summer Event team, and possibly keep an eye out for some University events coming your way as graduations and performances continue on this month!

VI. HOGWARTS END OF TERM INFORMATION

As the school year comes to a close, we have a couple of reminders to issue! None of them are overly complicated! Just like to make sure that they are all out there!
  • At the end of the term, we will officially change all of the Mini Profiles over to read their upcoming year! We will make all seventh years Misc. Purple and unemployed until you Job Transfer request them into whatever their post-graduation hearts desire! This would also be a good time for you to request them an apartment/house if they don't already have them!
  • For graduating seventh years, do not forget to claim their NEWT scores! For upcoming sixth years, don't forget to claim their OWL scores, and go to Elective Registration to let us know what classes they are going to continue to take onto their Advanced Levels! I will tag you all reminders for both and keep pestering you until you give us that information!
  • If you have an upcoming third year student, do not forget to go to Elective Registration to sign up for what elective they choose!

• For the summer, feel free to have your older students sign up for a summer job! It's a fun RP opportunity, and a good way to get some spare coins, isn't it?! You can do that RIGHT HERE!

• For the summer months, do not be alarmed when you do not see Hogwarts! We hide it from view, because it's just unnecessary for you all to scroll through empty boards when you don't have to! All current threads will be moved to Threads to Finish and Hogwarts will only be viewable to Hogwarts staff and select Ministry personel throughout the summer months!

VII. UNIVERSITY END OF TERM INFORMATION

This is a very important reminder for everybody that has a university student! Because we do not know for sure what kind of courseload they have, let us remind you that we do not move students forward a year when the term ends. Only you know if your student is a full or a part time student. Only you know if they are taking summer courses if applicable, so we cannot make those decisions for you!

So at the end of the term, if you need your students moved up a year, then you need to tell us and we will move them! If you never tell us to move them forward, you are going to have a first year student for a long time (jokes, jokes) but seriously! That is the only way that they are going to move up! We just physically cannot keep track of all university students and their courseloads, so it is up to you to let us know when they've moved up! So take a good look at your students and let us know if anyone needs moved up! When their term ends, of course! That information is listed above in their calendars!

VIII. WRITING CHALLENGE POLL

As you all know, we have writing challenge every other month and as you also all know, we do not have much participation for them! We have a lot of entries for our development challenges every month -- and I understand, those are very fun! I am very partial to the dev challenges, myself. But we want some participation in our writing challenges as well! We have some plans in the works to try some other ideas to see if you are more interested in those!

But we've also put together a brief little poll! We are just looking for some answers on why exactly you don't participate in writing challenges! No dissing or anything, (because I don't really participate in them either, I admit) -- is it because they didn't count toward AR and now that AR is gone, maybe you'll try them out? Is it because you have a list of posts to do and you don't want to keep them waiting for posts while you do a one shot? Whatever the logic, we are interested in hearing it!

Just go here to give your answers!

X. HOUSEKEEPING & REMINDERS

Just a couple of quick, quick reminders before we close this down!
  • It's time for June nominations for our monthly awards! You have until the 20th, as always! So get going, please! Go here!
  • Quidditch is starting up again! You can check out the results of the matches every week by going HERE!
  • Nominations are done with for the Yearbook Superlatives, but now we need our votes in! Vote with every character you have, please! Just go here!

That’s all, folks!