""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 4, 2019 23:40:02 GMT -5

I know I know I should be better
think I am to some degree
I can't explain why it gets harder
the more people count on me
Date: October 16, 2018

Jesse had been hearing rumors for a while now. Ollivander's would hook him up with a wand, allegedly. He didn't know how true that was. In one hand the Ministry had become a bit more lax and, as the summer months drew into autumn ones, so did his assigned auror's checks. Zeke was a good friend, even more than that he was a good person. It had always been evident to Jesse that the bloke never much liked what was going on with the registration process. Jesse obviously couldn't blame him. He didn't much like it either.

But for every person who hated it there was one who adored it completely. Death Eaters, especially. With his new found freedoms he felt it was more important now than ever to be able to protect himself. If the Death Eaters would soon decide that they collectively didn't like the way things were going who was to say they wouldn't come back for him? Who was to say they wouldn't come rushing in his home in the middle of the night just to get off on some sick high of torturing people like him. And with Edmund Delaney still lurking in the shadows Jesse felt that it was only a matter of time before that did happen.

Truly's father had always hated Jesse. Of course he would-- a death eater who's daughter loved a bloke like him. What wasn't there to hate? He had disowned her though. Even after Jesse had left, even though she had stayed with Luke, he had still had the nerve to disown her. Part of him was grateful that he had. Maybe that meant he didn't give two shits about their relationship being where it was now. Maybe he'd never come for them with fire in his eyes and a wand in his hand. Maybe they were safe from Edmund Delaney.

Were they safe from anyone else? That was the true and honest question. In his eyes they weren't. And so long as he carried that piece of shit twig they had offered him as a wand, he wouldn't feel like he was safe. Even now he felt the hairs stand up on the back of his neck. Was he even allowed in a wand shop? The door had chimed as he walked in, and so far he hadn't burst into immediate flames. That had to be a good sign. The young wizard made his way further into the shop gazing at the boxes and boxes stacked high on the walls. He hoped that maybe he'd be able to leave with a proper wand today. And not just the one tattooed on his arm.

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0