Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 10, 2019 19:25:03 GMT -5

You're Just Too Good To Be True

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

'Twas on this fated afternoon, lit like a shining beacon of light, that the colourfully stocked windows of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes welcomed Zephyrus Spalding through its doors. The smell of gunpowder met his nose, alongside the dusky aroma of the skiving snackboxes and the pygmy puffs, rattling in their cages adorning a nearby wall. Fanged frisbees whizzed past him, punching telescopes popped their springs overhead, the garish clashing colours coming from all perspectives enough to make any normal person dizzy. But nearly all of this was lost on the poor soul, whose eyes had only ever seen the inky depths of... well, nothing. He could smell, he could hear, and he was no small amount afraid of what he had walked into. Indeed, if it hadn't been for the many descriptions of the place he'd had from his various friends, or the fact that a voice kept welcoming people to the joke shop, Zeph might well have believed he'd been sent into some kind of dungeon from whence he would never return.

But he was a man on a mission, a mission that would be foiled by no small amount of biting toys - how kinky - or squeaking furry friends - kinda weird. Indeed, so preoccupied with his quest, the young adult managed to gracefully continue through this horrifically disconcerting wonderland with his new "pod alarms" that Sheri had sourced him. They looked like earplugs, yet they met flush with the ear canal, and they told him with small pings where to step next. Without them, the tall, dark, and handsome stranger, would have perished at the hands of WonderWitch! bath bombs and cosmetics, commit to a grave that Dumbledore would have found resplendent with its... well, accessories. He was on a mission from the big man himself. To go where no blind man - that he knew of - had ever gone before, placing his life in the balance, in order to either find Roxanne and do his best to leave a lasting impression that would stop her from ever looking for anyone else to keep her entertained, happy, and satisfied. 

If he happened to run into the scariest of scary adversaries in here before her, however, a.k.a part two of the horizontal tango that resulted in Roxanne's most celebrated and magnificent birth, then he was going to beseech one George Weasley to give him a job so he didn't immediately suss out Zeph's heartfelt intentions. Appeal to his magnanimous disposition. He wanted to live long enough at least to score a kiss on the cheek for his troubles.

Asking the old man for employment so he could win over his daughter was like walking into the jaws of death in the hopes of finding a lost friend. Bold, brazen, and quite possibly, catastrophically stupid.

Still, he was sure he would survive either way. He had so much to live for, after all. It wasn't every day that an opportunity to tempt fate and tip the scales of fortune in your favour came about. But then it was summer, Hogwarts had broken in preparation of the new school year, and just about everywhere was looking for a pair of helping hands. Naturally, if Sheri every found out what he was up tol - seeking employment that wasn't at The Orchid - then he would be a very dead man with a tanned hide. Possibly even skinned, so his mother could have a taxidermied version of him that didn't cheek her or betray her best interests.

He balked, shaking his head and pushing his shades back up his face. Yikes, talk about a wake up call to bring you from cloud nine back to Earth. He hummed contentedly, managing an elegant recovery from cracking his foot off of the counter that only slightly strained the music to a squeak for a hairsbreadth of a second, then he did his best to lean forward on it and address the person on the other side. With all the damned chemicals and ingredients going off around here, he couldn't even smell them. All he could hope for was that he wasn't staring down the ever elusive and sought after eyes that tended to come attached to a woman's chest, from his new position. 

"How's it going, o' celebrated server of the people," he greeted them, opting to try and flatter George if it was George, and just avoid offending the cashier at this time entirely, "May I enquire as to one Roxanne Weasley's whereabouts? I errr.. I have something of her's that she left at school." 'Like my heart, since she so callously breezed out of the halls without ever pausing to hear my sad and sweet symphony of yearning that I rehearsed for all of a minute before the train pulled into the station and my nerves let me finally leave my seat-'
TAG: @roxanne | WORDS: 805 | NOTES: Outfit
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 1, 2019 21:50:53 GMT -5

[attr="class","reasonroxanne"]
[attr="class","reasonbgroxanne"]
[attr="class","reasonbigroxanne"]

off of you

[attr="class","reasonsmallroxanne"]you'd be like heaven to touch, I wanna hold you so much, At long last love has arrived

[attr="class","reasonbodroxanne"]It was nice to see a familiar face. Not that there had really been any shortage of them over the past few days. There was something about graduating Hogwarts and being drafted into the League that made you a little bit of a celebrity around these parts. Still, there were a few people that were feeling very anti-Roxanne Weasley these days…especially since they’d seen her tryouts. They called her a sellout in one of the local tabloids. A try-hard who sold herself short so she could “shine as the Holyhead Harpies’ golden girl.” Like Roxy could give a shit about shining.

She’d always been a Harpie in her heart. Ever since her mother had brought home a toy broomstick and given Roxy her first Quidditch lesson, she’d pretended that she wore the dark green and golden talon on her chest with pride. She was a Harpies Girl…not some sellout with a celebrity complex.

But not every magazine was as cruel to her. There were a few that wrote about the history surrounding her decision – her mum’s legacy and all that. Those were the clippings that decorated their fridge at home. Well, Rox supposed it was more like the same clipping on repeat. She was pretty sure that her Da had found every copy of the magazine in Wizarding London and torn out the little article to post it as a display.

Roxy nearly said something – just blurted out that it was her manning the cash register, not her father – but watching Zeph stumble over asking for her was too good to pass up.

“Look what the pygmy puffs dragged in,” she said, with a cheeky grin. She knew he couldn’t see her expression, but the delight at seeing him was probably evident in the sound of her voice. Her mum always said her voice did something weird when she was smiling…Fred said it was just her fat cheeks compressing the amount of space in her head. Thanks, Fred, she thought with a roll of her eyes.

But what did Zeph have of hers? She’d emptied her trunk a few days after she’d gotten home from Graduation and hadn’t really noticed anything missing. Then again, Rox couldn’t exactly say that she’d been looking. Truth be told, she knew for certain that she had her lucky Beater’s bat, her broom and a few practice outfits. Other than that, what did it matter? Maybe she had left something.

“Unless it’s a signed, mint condition Glynnis Griffiths jersey with matching jumper, I can’t say I’m interested in reclaiming anything from my Hogwarts days, Z,” she had what she needed, didn’t she? Fame, fortune (perhaps fortune was an exaggeration, she was on a starting, preliminary salary, according to the contract she had signed), fans (again, a gross exaggeration, given that half the Wizarding population didn’t even know her name)…

“The Roxanne Weasley that you seek sits…” Roxy hoisted herself onto the desk, crossing her ankles as she looked down at Zeph from her new vantage point. “…and awaits the gift that he brings her.” Maybe it was something important.

[attr="class","reasontagroxanne"]@ zeph | ### | OUTFIT
[attr="class","credroxanne"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0

[googlefont=Fjalla One]
[newclass=.reasonroxanne]width:390px;background-color:#404040;padding:35px;border:1px #595959 solid;[/newclass][newclass=.reasonbgroxanne]background-color:#ca4545;padding:10px;height:115px[/newclass][newclass=.reasonbigroxanne]margin:-16px 0px 0px 115px;padding:0px 0px 0px 15px;font-size:30px;font-family:Fjalla One;text-align:left;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.reasonsmallroxanne]font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#eee;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.reasonbodroxanne]background-color:#595959;padding:20px;font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;text-align:justify;color:#eee;[/newclass][newclass=.reasonbod broxanne]color:#ca4545;[/newclass][newclass=.reasontagroxanne]background-color:#ca4545;padding:20px;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-align:center;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass][newclass=.credroxanne]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.cred aroxanne]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 14, 2019 11:51:37 GMT -5

Take My Eyes Off Of You
Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothing else to compare
The sight of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak
But if you feel like I feel
Please let me know that is real
You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you
The smile froze on his face, eyes fixedly staring sightlessly forward through his shades without blinking. All of him tensed like a bow.. cupid's bow, stretched so taught that he felt he might snap. The key here was to breathe and find a way to miraculously recover. He hadn't thought this far ahead... didn't think he'd even get this far. And he couldn't very well come out and tell her that he had felt personally offended that she hadn't said goodbye to him on the train. That would be a tad creepy if not also very weird. 

The smile twitched, then he leaned a little more casually on the counter and cleared his throat with a laugh, brushing at his cardigan. Ahem. What to do now... "Aha... fate must be smiling on me today. I've not only gotten into this place alive, but I've also found you on the first try. Maybe Lady Luck then, and not Fate, hm?" At least she seemed happy to see him. Unless she was laughing at him nearly face planting the counter. Or the fact that she knew he hadn't had a clue who he was talking to. 

"Nothing at all, huh?" 'Ouch... be still, my breaking heart...'. WHy had that felt like a violent rejection to end all rejections? Zeph had never been rejected. Like... ever. Mostly because he'd never worked up the gumption to talk to one of his crushes before. But wow. Holy hell. Now he thought he understood why the ancient professor Snape had been so dark. This shit hurt. Still, determined not to let it faze him, he flashed his best smile and cocked his head at her. "No idea why you'd want two jumpers, but I can always try and rustle up a little summin' for the lady if it makes her happy. As you can see, I'm not currently sporting anything er... sporty." 

This wasn't at all how this was supposed to go. He was supposed to get to proclaim his feelings under dazzling moonlight, foot propped up on the ledge of a fountain he had walked her to and sat her down on, serenading her with a passionate sax solo that would make her reconsider ever looking at anyone else. What did other guys and girls have on him anyways, beside working eyes? He got along just fine without sight. Still knew that she was breathtakingly beautiful and a sight to behold even if he only ever saw murky darkness. She lit that up for him. Goddamn it, Roxanne, why did you have to go and be so cool. 

A sudden whiff of perfume hit him and he leaned up slightly, realising belatedly that she was now seated directly before him atop the counter and he was rather close to other body parts now. So now was probably a good time to stand up and hope he didn't run into any Weasley Whatdymcallit's. 

He just had to suck this up. He was the brave one in their group, ironically enough, when it came to the topic of romance. One lonely Puff, doing his best to look the best he could, devlishly good looks presented at his best angle. 

"Well you left pretty sharpish from the train, y'know, I daresay I noticed a dire lack of a goodbye, or even a promise that you weren't leaving our lives forever after your amazing graduation..."
he admonished teasingly, sighing melodramatically and shaking his head, "What's a guy to think? You can give people complexes like that, love. It's just as well that I'm such an understanding and forgiving dude." 

Did he have a backup plan? Nope. So he needed to think of one pretty sharpish, otherwise she was going to continue looking down at him at a very exciting angle and he was going to be left looking like a goosegog. A lemon. Practically glowing in his radiance

"You left that quickly  that I couldn't.... er... Well I couldn't invite you along with the Fam for something pretty awesome, now could I? After our sleepover went so well..."

He leaned forward again, lowered his shades, and looked up through his lashes at her with a wicked smile and waggled his brows. "... Dare I ask if you'd care to honour us with your presence once more this summer?" 'Or just me, because I am such a big fan of your entire self and bet I could keep you entertained somehow, away from the others, because Er is super charming and Hades is adorably hopeless and tends to draw attention.'  He waggled his brows again. 'To borrow a weird phrase... notice me, senpai. Notice me goddamnit. Before I combust in literal blind frustration.' 

"Also since I made it all this way without falling foul of your family's amazing shop, how about some hazard pay in the form of your company... now, andyou can show me where you get your special jumpers for future reference? If you're good for it? I mean, you don't have to, but you'd be missing out on some lone time with moi which I think everyone can attest to being something to behold. I might not be able to see where I'm goinglike ever,  but then, no one can really so the future, so I'll do my best not to get hit by any rogue busses and you can be your amazing self while we can go grab a coffee."

903 Words | @roxanne | Notes: Outfit
TEMPLATE BY ELIZA @ SP & ADOXOGRAPHy