Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 23, 2019 18:31:15 GMT -5

If I should ever start forgetting
I'll turn the lights off one by one
So you can see that I agree it's over
Work was the best distraction he had, and he had to hope that it was going well. His possible discovery was still being tested to see if he was on to something or just had found out something small. Either way, he felt like he was making steps in the right direction and he was feeling good about work for a change. It was one of the only things that made sense to him anymore, and he was glad that he had it. He was feeling the itch, the urge to do things again and he was tired of it, this random itch to not be alone. To find someone who could just love him and want him for who he was. He wasn’t ready for that. He didn’t want that yet. Dating was hard to do, it wasn’t something that he was looking for right now. It never was. They moved around so much from place to place, what did he expect if he fell in love? To leave the ICW? Then what would he do? Who would he be when the dust settled?

He didn’t want to think about it. He didn’t have time to think about things like that his life was far more dangerous than it seemed. He could die going to a country that needed his help. He could leave and never be heard from again. He could die trying to make a difference, but at least then he knew that his death would be for the greater good. He had an appointment to meet someone in the pathology department. He wanted to go through samples he wanted to look at things, compare things like levels of different groups before and after getting sick.

He had a folder in his hand and was humming as he went up the stairs before he tripped on a stair as he sneezed. His allergies had been getting worse as of late, and he knew what was causing it but he couldn’t do anything about it. How do you tell someone you work with to cut back on the perfume? So he didn’t and he just took the potions that helped but today he had forgotten, and as he sneezed his foot slipped off the stair and he fell face forward unable to catch himself as another sneeze came from him. The next thing he knew he was waking up on his back at the top of the stairs blinking at the ceiling. ” Ah, frick. What happened.”
tag: OPEN words: 419 template by eliza @ tb & thq
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 29, 2019 20:20:59 GMT -5

If You Look South, You'll See a Glow
For all that she had a tendency to burn herself somewhere at least once a day, JJ rarely visited hospitals. Mostly because she was always burning herself, so anything less serious than a severe burn across the entirety of her forearm--she's had minor burns, but well...they were minor--generally means she can treat it herself with a little burn cream and the power of ignoring it. She wasn't there now for a burn, despite the constant insistence from Healers and Medi-wixen to at least get them looked at; no, she was there because one of her sister's-in-law was giving birth, and her brother had wanted her present for it, like she has done for all her other nieces and nephews. Of course, labor wasn't a set timeline, and it didn't help anyone to have two dozen people hanging around outside a single delivery room, so JJ figured she'd go wandering for fifteen minutes or so--maybe grab a bite to eat and a shit-load of tea for everyone, which she could do because she still had magic to levitate all the trays in front of herself. She was just about to head down the stairway, had only just opened the door to it, when she witnessed one of the strangest sights to possibly ever be witnessed in a hospital. A man tripped up the stairs while sneezing, and while it was initially funny, she realized half a second in that he was about to fall face-first onto the edge of a stair, and then he'd be in serious trouble.

JJ leapt forward in an attempt to catch him before he hit his head, but she was apparently too slow and he landed with a crack that honestly terrified her. In the aftermath, she pulled him to the top of the stairs and turned him on his back to better assess the damage; luckily, it didn't appear that he'd broken anything too serious, might have fractured something, but she wasn't a medical professional, so really, who even knew? Thank Merlin they were in an actual hospital already. She let out a supremely relieved sigh when he blinked awake a few moments later. "Oh good, you're alive," she attempted to sound lighthearted, but it came out a bit shakier than she would have liked. "You know, I've heard of men falling for me on first sight, truly I have, but I haven't actually had anyone literally fall. Which, are you alright? I can call a Healer to come look you over, make sure you haven't broken anything?"