8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jan 17, 2018 1:00:02 GMT -5

CHARACTER GOODBYES
Sometimes, we have a character that has just served their purpose on the site. Sometimes we're feeling overwhelemd and we need to cut down, or maybe a character just didn't mesh the way you thought they were going to! There are any number of reasons that you may decide to delete a character!

But courtesy of a suggestion on our Google Drive page, we are putting a page up for people to post on when they are thinking about deleting a character. This helps to alert other members which is nice to do since someone might have a thread with that character. Maybe you just want to throw out there that you're thinking about deleting someone, and that you don't necessarily want to, and are looking for things to save them from that fatal delete button! Then someone could see they're on the chopping block and try to save them.

Also sometimes it's useful for us to know what happened to that character! Maybe you gave them a story and they moved to Hawaii, or maybe they're still around as an NPC because they're connected to other people, or because you just want that door open in case you bring them back! So we have a code listed so you can tell the story of where they went!

Note that, if you decide to say that your character is still around, that doesn't save their job for them! So say you deleted the divination professor and said that they're still around, you just need to cut down. That doesn't save the job for you in the future if you decide to remake them! It doesn't mean that someone else can't make that job because your character is still around. This is just a good way of seeing a story for your character's departure if there is one! :D

This is a required place to post before deletion! You save staff from having to comb through every single board looking for threads by linking them for us. We understand sometimes you may forget, but if you delete characters without posting here on more than one occasion, we will message you to remind you that posting here is required!

[b]Deletion Code:[/b]
[b]Member Name:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Where Did They Go?:[/b]
[b]List of Threads to Archive:[/b]
[b]Any NPCs to Delete:[/b]

[i]Can they be moved to an NPC? If so:[/i]
[b]Who is their Character Connection?[/b]
[b]Year/House from Alumni Roster:[/b]
[b]University Information:[/b]
[b]Job Information:[/b]

Now if you're just thinking about deleting someone, feel free to post below just to warn people they're on the chopping block! You don't need to use a code for that, you can just post below! Just use the code if you are about to delete someone.

Hopefully these convoluted explanations make sense! You guys all know I'm good at long-winded explanations! :D
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jan 18, 2018 13:28:20 GMT -5

Colin is on the block!
He doesn't have much going on, so the Head Healer for the Trauma Ward position woll be viable soon when I'm organised <3
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jan 20, 2018 11:09:26 GMT -5

Jamie is potentially on the chopping block!
He doesn't have much going on right now, and I would love for him too, but finding plots has been sort of difficult lately. </3
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jan 24, 2018 12:12:56 GMT -5

Attie is on the chopping block! She stresses me out to write and she has no plots as of right now!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jan 25, 2018 12:08:26 GMT -5

Anne is in the block! I have...mixed feelings about her and she's a pain to write.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jan 29, 2018 16:09:43 GMT -5

Deletion Code:
Member Name: Fai
Character Name: @attie
Where Did They Go?: She's still here, just NPC, unless Tori has a better thought!
List of Threads to Archive: yup, hmm, hiya, here
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 4, 2018 17:27:17 GMT -5

Deletion Code:
Member Name: Iane
Character Name: @darthlumiya aka Anne Travers
Where Did They Go?: still in hogwarts until the end of the term, then back to durmstrang
List of Threads to Archive: this, this, this, this and this (i think that's all)
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 22, 2018 22:46:47 GMT -5

Member Name: Jenna
Character Name: Alice North
Where Did They Go?: She has decided to travel abroad in America for a bit! She will be present for the rest of the year and then leave at the beginning of summer.
List of Threads to Archive: Already done!

Member Name: Still Jenna.
Character Name: Jamie Cassidy
Where Did They Go?: Taking a hiatus from England for safety reasons, Jamie and Nicholas have decided to go abroad to be with Callie until things get better.

Member Name: I will never not be Jenna.
Character Name: Tesla MacCailín
Where Did They Go?: Nowhere, she's just doing her thing as an NPC!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 27, 2018 11:16:49 GMT -5

Member Name: Quinn
Character Name: Zelda Reed Levesque
Where Did They Go?: With the departure of her husband back into the army, Zelda has moved to a private practice in order to give her more flexibility as she raises her two children.
List of Threads to Archive: I'll do this!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 27, 2018 18:15:35 GMT -5

Deletion Code:
Member Name: Joyce
Character Name: Freya Ollivander
Where Did They Go?: Linnea and Freya met at last and after a lot of working things out and talking they moved (together) to Ottowa, Canada
List of Threads to Archive:Already done