Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 22, 2018 18:38:06 GMT -5

I Can't See Me In This Empty 

Place

Just Another Lonely Face

They hadn't been in school for even two weeks yet, and Jay was already done again. However, he also was more than just a little reluctant to go home, so instead of going off on one of his 'I hate this life and everything currently in it' moods, he'd chosen to hide up in the dorm by the window. Ha, the "window". They all knew they couldn't open them without not only drowning, but submerging the bottom half of the school, but it was still nice to sit on the floor against his bed looking up at the charmed stained glass. Depictions of greek Mermaids and kelpies, the sea. Green light bathing the room, at times flickering when something in the water above and around them swam past. The squid had already done a couple of circuits before pissing off somewhere. Faen. Would that he didn't mind; it was a type of company he could bear for long periods of time. No talking, no questions, no expectations. With water the Slytherin was at peace for it was a life he knew very well and related to. Perhaps one day he would even live his life out on it for good, like he had once planned to do with his father Aleksej. He didn't know. First would come his Plan™ with Will to make a life in Romania with dragons and no family, and then once he had gotten that out of his system, perhaps he would turn his sights back to the water. Not just any water either... The waters of the northern hemisphere. So at night's he could lie on his back on the deck of a ship, staring up at the Aurora Borealis, and reveling in being free.

Free. That word had become more and more ingrained into his mind these last few months after feeling like he had been suffocating. There was nothing worse than the claustrophobic pressure weighing in from all angles. And not even because his family were expecting things from him. It was the opposite; They were so absent, he couldn't deal with it anymore. Bertha had suddenly backed off to let him make his mistakes and live life ever since his farfar Yzera had turned up and walked back into her life. His parents were raising his baby sister- ha, baby sister... she was already two years old and talking - and their letters were not only sporadic, but often short and untelling. Oriel was gone, in hiding, and he hadn't heard from Damion. Who did he have? No one. Everyone had left, and now he was getting by out of sheer spite and also because he had the possibility to be away from all of it in a few months once he graduated. Free to do what he wanted, when he wanted, without struggling to understand why he wasn't good enough for anyone anymore. Will had the life they were both supposed to have, but since his 'twin' couldn't share it, he didn't want it. And Jay... there were no words for the feeling Will gave him just by wanting to be there. They really were like twins separated in the womb in many ways and he missed the guy like he'd lost all his teeth. Der gror ikke muse på rullande stein.; A rolling stone gathers no moss. They hadn't stopped since the day they were born. Whatever came next they'd face at a run, because walking took too long and time meant the chance to set down roots. They couldn't afford to grow sentimental about their lives just yet... not when they had never really fit.

His eyes stayed trained on the window across from him, bottle of akvavitt beside him and a small glass. In some ways he'd miss this place once he no longer had to come back. He'd miss the bridge and getting to sit with his legs dangling into space, or doing his workouts on the roof... flying up to the school roof on his broom.. and of course, the lake. The only places he'd really felt at peace in the past even though there could have been people nearby. He was also going to miss Quidditch with what he thought was Hogwarts best team, and getting to poke fun at Blue and U-jin for being lovesick. Hanging out with Dion when he wasn't in one of his bullshitting moods. His conversations with Rhaelle that no one understood because no one had ever wanted to take a scandinavian language. That much brought him a little closer to feeling like he was home, the same with talking to Syn. Norway was where his heart would always be because it was his homeland and his country. Nothing could or would replace that. That much was evident in the fact that while Jay was practically fluent in English (entirely fluent, but he liked to pretend he wasn't) his accent was still strong and he messed up. He didn't concentrate. He got things wrong even though he should have known better. Truth was that Jay hated most parts of Britain and had never wanted to come here, to live here, especially with a government who made no sense and hurt people that he cared about for no good reason except for what they called 'blood status'. That wasn't unique; some scandinavian wizarding communities were the same. But they had never taken it this far. Never shunned the muggleborns from their schools. Magic, in their eyes, was magic.

The door opened and he turned his head to see who it was for a moment, then turned back to the charmed window. "Ettermiddag, Cal. How are the things?" He asked blandly, lifting his glass to his lips. They weren't missing a practice unless Blue had decided to spring one on them. He wasn't needed in the Drama Club. Whatever it was, it didn't concern him. Cal was doing whatever Cal was doing, for his own benefit. He respected the boy well enough - he was a jaevla good keeper and had saved them a few times now - and he was... bearable company. Almost what Jay would have called a friend, had he been in a friendly kind of mood, instead of a drinking heavily and staring at glass for a few hours, kind of mood. "Sticking around for a while or do studies call? I have cracked open some akvavitt. To you, I guess it would be like... gin or vodka, together? I could be persuaded to duplicate a glass if you're interested." 
TAG: @callahan  | WORDS: 1092 | Date: January 14th 2018 | Location: Slytherin Dorms
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 3, 2018 16:32:58 GMT -5

[attr="class","backgmin"]
[attr="class","lyric1min"]minor earth, major sky

[attr="class","lyricbgmin"]
[attr="class","lyric2min"]I can't see me here in outer space
It's so hard to leave a trace
And I try and I try and I try

[attr="class","textbodmin"]With the new semester starting up and his NEWTs approaching way too rapidly, Cal already felt swamped. He never really got overwhelmed, but the feeling was slowly creeping in now - although he was inclined to say that a good chunk of it was nervousness. Because this wasn't just like his OWLs, which was what he had been telling himself since the beginning of seventh year. No, once Cal wrote his NEWT exams... that was it. He was done. The biggest chapter of his life as of yet would be closed and he would be leaving Hogwarts one last time. Unless he decided to become a professor somewhere down the line, but Cal didn't really see himself following in Aunt Odelia's footsteps. That was a scary thought, though, and it made Cal just want to freeze time altogether. Hogwarts had been his second home for so long now, the idea of leaving it behind just... didn't quite sit well with him. Above all, though, the idea of leaving Lyla behind didn't sit well with him. What if something like that fire happened again? He couldn't be around for her if something like that went down, and that was a terrifying thought.

Hopefully, things like that wouldn't go down again. Everything was different now, so Cal was trying not to worry about that. But it was hard not to. It was hard not to think of the worst case scenario after everything that had happened, and it made Cal really dread the idea of leaving behind the castle. But all bad news aside, he also knew he would miss the place. The walls of Hogwarts held a lot of great memories, and now that the full force of his final semester was finally hitting him, Cal was already feeling the nostalgia set in. Hogwarts was irreplaceable for him.

All lamenting aside, there would be some good things to look forward to. His first year at Lufkin, for one. And, all things going well, Cal hoped he would get a position with the Ministry, too. Something small to start him off. He just needed to get his name in there, get the experience and recognition he would need to really make strides... well, now he was just getting ahead of himself. The point was, there was plenty to look forward to beyond the stone walls of Hogwarts castle. Besides, it wasn't as if he was going out into all of that alone. There was a whole year of friends graduating with him, some of whom he would see again all too often. Fitz was his closest friend, and the fellow Slytherin already knew he was bound for Auror training, so they would be around the Ministry together. And Lyla would be there often enough too, what with her internship, so Cal was really just trying to convince himself that things weren't going to be that different.

There was no telling what the future would hold, though, so Cal thought it was fairly reasonable to brace himself for the worst... even if it was a little too worrisome of him. For now, though, he had to focus on his NEWT exams. One thing at a time. Cal had been holed up in the library for most of the day, but his attention had started to dwindle so... it was back to the common room. He made his way into the Slytherin dorms and set his book bag on his bed, just about ready to call it a night when his attention was drawn by someone at the window. Cal smiled lightly when he noticed it was one of his dormates and Quidditch teammates. "Hey," he replied in greeting. "I think I'll be calling it a night." Cal made his way over to Jay, leaning against the wall next to the window. "Gin and vodka together sounds terrifying... so yeah, I'll have a glass," he replied with a joking smirk.

@ jay | 655 words | outfit: hogwarts uniform

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.backgmin]width:410px;background:url('http://www.designbolts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Black-wood-photoshop-pattern-for-website-background.jpg');border-top:10px solid #8525c5;border-bottom:10px solid #8525c5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyric1min]color:#8525c5;text:2px 0px #8525c5,0px 2px #8525c5,0px -2px #8525c5,-2px 0px #8525c5;font:30px Dancing Script;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom:-20px; text-align: left;text-transform:lowercase;margin-left:23px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyric2min]font:9px Verdana;line-height:9px;text-align:justify;color:#e6e6e6;text-transform:uppercase;float:left;margin-top:-8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyricbgmin]padding:20px;background:#262626;margin-left:20px;border-bottom:2px #8525c5 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textbodmin]width:300px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;padding:20px;background:#262626;color:#e6e6e6;line-height:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 25, 2018 18:26:26 GMT -5

I Can't See Me Here In Outer Space 

It's So Hard To Leave A Trace

Things had been so much easier than this, once. His life had been set out in the perfect plan, Jay had poured years into working out how he was going to go home finally on his own terms and show his family that he deserved to be there. In a state where they couldn't just rid themselves of him whenever a school term was starting. He'd pooled his savings and he had made a deposit on a flat to move straight into come the end of his time at Hogwarts. Will was going to move in next door. But he hadn't factored in a certain redhead swanning into his life just when he least expected her, blowing through it like a fiery whirlwind... and then leaving again. Jay had lost everything, that day. His will, his fight, his plans. His future. Or at least, the future he had originally wanted for himself. And that just seemed to be the typical norm for his life, didn't it? Romantic interests always ended up screwing his life through the lakebed until he couldn't think straight then they fucked off and left him with the shattered remains, with nary a care. Would that it wouldn't happen again... though it nearly had. Amy had... Amy had raised a few question for him. But it died before it started. Sometimes Jay had to wonder that while his eyes were open, could it be that they had never been more blind?

Maybe it was something in the English water, or just the polluted air of London, but everyone here was mad. Akvavitt barely took the edge off after dealing with a hoard of people coming after him, fawning over him for his Veela side since he'd taken to letting it out more. The only one that really got near him was Octi and that was plainly for fun, no strings, no mess. The only other Witch who was really around... was Summer... but he didn't even know where to begin about terming what they were. Friends? She wasn't someone Jay could say he could go and find simply to talk for a while then leave, unless they were on a train home or to school. But there was... something. It irked him when others tripped over themselves around her yet amused him too and he liked to know that he had her full attention whenever he did end up in close quarters with her- like on the fourth floor balcony that one time. Faen, he still had a vain streak a mile wide. Yet he appreciated her too. There weren't many people in Hogwarts who could get on the wrong ferry and end up in an entirely different country... and manage to make friends immediately after stepping into port. Will had taken to her like a fish to a lure... and Jay... Well, Jay supposed he had rather enjoyed seeing her too. Even if it had been awkward to explain when he had to take her home to get his father's help to get her to Sweden since Norway wasn't exactly right next to her family's holiday inn.

Cal was the only other guy in the dorm with him that didn't seem to have the best of luck relationship wise either, though Jay could think of someone glaringly obvious for him to shack up with. The tension between them was tangible. Not quite as sparky as U-jin and Blue, since he highly doubted Peters was prepared to... what was it that Gryffindor had said... Climb Graves like a tree? But there was something. Or even his ex, Zabini. Exes could be fun. So long as their last name wasn't ironic like a rune, since Fehu had runed his life-
He blinked, clearing the nightmarish scene from his eyes and from the mermaid window he was facing to look up at Cal again and shoot him a wicked grin. "I always knew you were not as boring as you pretend to be," he drawled, waving his wand and creating a second glass that he immediately decanted a generous amount of the norwegian bottle into, before holding it up, "Why not take a seat? The floor is not so bad, only a little cold. Or has your err... sparring matches with the Ravenclaw players and failing to get laid left you too drained? Hm? It's been a while since we..." Jay's brow furrowed hazily, norwegian and english swimming together, "Uh... hanged it out?"
TAG: @callahan  | WORDS: 758 | Date: January 14th 2018 | Location: Slytherin Dorms
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 8, 2018 0:50:21 GMT -5

[attr="class","backgmin"]
[attr="class","lyric1min"]minor earth, major sky

[attr="class","lyricbgmin"]
[attr="class","lyric2min"]I CAN'T SEE ME HERE IN OUTER SPACE
IT'S SO HARD TO LEAVE A TRACE
AND I TRY AND I TRY AND I TRY

[attr="class","textbodmin"]Cal had dreams. It was as simple as that. He was a Graves, and everyone in the family was ambitious. They worked hard, and they didn't ever stop. Even when they got to where all their hard work was meant to take them, there was always more. Always room for improvement. And, like his sister and his parents and just about everyone else in the family, Cal had lofty goals that he had every intention of achieving. Not only to head up the Department of Commerce one day. That was... well, that was basically as good as done. He would manage that much, Cal was sure of it. No, he had another goal on his mind. One meant to break the mould. To be the youngest department head the Ministry had ever seen. That record was currently thirty-one years old--which meant that Cal had thirteen years to beat it. And that was where the real work was--and the real prize. Between his internship in the Department of Commerce, and his applications to Lufkin that appeared as golden as they got, Cal was confident.

But not overly so. He also knew that humility was important. That remaining adaptable and ready for anything was of the utmost importance. Things wouldn't always go his way. Life was full of surprises. Cal knew he had to be ready to manipulate whatever situation came his way, no matter how difficult things got. Cal wasn't the sort to give up, and if anything, he took an impossible situation as a challenge. Because nothing was impossible, as far as he was concerned. There was always a way to make things work out just so. Maybe not the way he would have imagined or preferred, but it was a way, at least. And Cal would take that over not having his way at all.

Cal was focused. Really focused. He knew it would get the better of him sometimes, and that he had a tendency to always be on the move. A tendency to take things on that... he didn't always need to take on. That was what would get him, if anything. Cal always felt that he had to be responsible for everything and everyone. There was a very thin line between taking care of his own dreams and other people's for Cal, and that kept him with his head in the clouds sometimes. He had his friends, of course, but like Lyla, it was something of a matter of circumstance. Fitz, because they had known each other for so long. LJ was basically family. And he knew Quidditch players, of course. There was a lot of the usual daring smack talk, especially when it came to games. Especially with Peters, who gave as good as she got. If there was anyone that kept Cal on his toes more than ever, it was the Ravenclaw Beater that actually made him a little worried about Slytherin-Ravenclaw games.

He did try to ground himself, from time to time. If the situation presented itself--like it was in that moment. Cal raised his eyebrows lightly and laughed at Jay's reply. "Ah, thank you very much, Jay," he said as he took the glass that his dorm mate was offering. Cal took a careful sip, wincing almost instantly as the burn went down his throat. Merlin's beard, this really was dangerous stuff. Another laugh escaped him as Jay continued talking. It was more amusement, than anything else. "Failing, huh? I'll, uh--I think I'm fine to take a seat." Cal slid down the wall, seating himself on the floor next to Jay. "It has, actually. Been up to anything interesting lately?" he asked curiously.

@ ouch jay | 611 words | outfit - robes

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.backgmin]width:410px;background:url('http://www.designbolts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Black-wood-photoshop-pattern-for-website-background.jpg');border-top:10px solid #8525c5;border-bottom:10px solid #8525c5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyric1min]color:#8525c5;text:2px 0px #8525c5,0px 2px #8525c5,0px -2px #8525c5,-2px 0px #8525c5;font:30px Dancing Script;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom:-20px; text-align: left;text-transform:lowercase;margin-left:23px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyric2min]font:9px Verdana;line-height:9px;text-align:justify;color:#e6e6e6;text-transform:uppercase;float:left;margin-top:-8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lyricbgmin]padding:20px;background:#262626;margin-left:20px;border-bottom:2px #8525c5 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textbodmin]width:300px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;padding:20px;background:#262626;color:#e6e6e6;line-height:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);[/newclass]