A Tale of Two Siblings // Ronald

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2015 22:09:02 GMT -5

Ginny knew that she had left Christmas shopping a little late this year, there was no point in denying it now. She rushed through Diagon Alley, picking up things for Hermione and Fleur at Madam Malkins, and then stuff for all of her nieces and her mother and soon to be mother-in-law at other various shops. By the time she was done her pockets were loaded with shrunken packages and she hadn't even started the boys. A wide grin split her face as she headed for the one shop on the street that she thought might just do the trick. Pushing open her brothers' front door she smiled, this was one of her favorite places in the world. 

Always one for a good laugh Ginny started picking her way through the shop, she had only been in to see them a few times since she and Blaise had moved back for good and she was glad to have more time on her hands today. She wanted to pick this shop apart to find the right presents for the boys, even the big ones. Laughing to herself she sidestepped some of the stores other customers, it looked as though they were doing a good business today, and that in and of itself made her smile. They both needed something going right, and she knew that @ron was still trying to get back on his feet. 

Ginny's eyes wandered over to the gaudy pink display of love potions, and her mind wandered back in time to the first time she had ever set foot in the shop. Her thoughts instantly sobering when they set on Fred. Not a day went by when she didn't miss him, and being in the shop was just as good of a healing balm as it was a stab to the heart. She felt rather than heard someone come up behind her and she didn't even turn around as she addressed her youngest older brother. "Good afternoon Mr. Weasley." She teased him with her formality as she turned over her shoulder to look at him. "What ever could someone as wayward yourself be doing in this fine establishment?"
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2015 22:28:06 GMT -5

Ron was up to his ears in customers and stuff to do. He'd actually forgotten how busy this place got right before christmas; lazy sod's picking up last minute gifts, not that Ron had even started going about the long process of getting gifts for his brothers, sister, parents, nieces and nephews as well as the Potters. He'd been busy; there was a perfectly good reason he hadn't started yet and it wasn't entierly becasue there was no one else in his life to scold him for leaving it so late.

He spotted Ginny's red hair instantly, he'd spent so much time with his little sister recently he reckoned he would be able to pick her out in a crowd if she had a paper bag over her head. He finished up changing the water for the pigmy puffs and re-locked the cage both with a locking charm he'd learned in Auror training and a muggle lockpad - they had escaped once and bounced around the shop in a hoarde until the fireworks were set of. Not quite as disasterous as the cornish pixies Lockheart terrorised them with in second year but it was a close second.

Ron went straight to her then, even dodging a confused looking woman who didn't seem to understand the anti-educational benifits of a nosebleed nougat. The shop was named for the Weasleys and the Weasleys always got preference. Ron didn't try to sneak up on her, and wasn't surprised she sensed him coming, the whole lot of them teneded to be a bit jumpy now-a-days.
"Hey Gin," He replied to her haughty greeting, then scoffed at the following insult. "There goes your discount. Insult the owner." He shook his head in mock dissapointment. "What brings you out here anyway? Place is packed, if you wanted a vist you'd be better off coming in after close."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2015 22:41:58 GMT -5

Ginny just rolled her eyes, if one of her brothers didn't tease her about a discount overtime that she entered the shop she was sure that the experience would never be the same. No matter how many times they tried to get her to take it she always paid the full amount. It was something to do with her pride, that wouldn't let her shrink off, even if it was in her brothers' shop. "Now what fun would shopping be if I didn't stand the risk of getting trampled Ron? Really why must you try and take all of the fun out of it?" She grinned up at him, and shook her head. Teasing her brother was all too much fun.

"No, I'm here because I have to find something for our nephews, and for Harry, I figured the only boys I couldn't buy presents for in this place were you and George, and Blaise, seeing as you seem to have set him up with a stash of the entire store last time we were in here." Her scolding words lost a little of their punch in her smile. Someone bumped into her from behind and she stumbled forward a step, crashing into both Ron and the display in front of her. A couple of boxes of Puking Pastels falling down on her head. "This place is dangerous today!"

She held up the box that she had caught as it tumbled down around her. "What do you think? Liam or Deacon?" Ginny pictured the look on Hermione's face when she gave her boys tickets out of class for Christmas. Eh, at least she'd gotten Adaline something nice.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2015 23:24:14 GMT -5

"Shopping eh? Leave it late why don't you, how many days now?" Ron looked over at the unnerving likeness of George's face in the corner which at irregular intervals would yell, 'Hurry up, hurry up, 13 days till christmas.' Ron scowled at it, he hadn't yet figured out how to turn it off. "And don't say things like that, you know thats my job here right? Can't have too much fun in one place." He joked back.

When they were bumped Ron swore; 'bloody hell!' Perhaps a little too loudly for the baby children in the window looking at the display of 'Umbridge on a Unicycle.' Ginny was trying to sold him for arming her fiancee with joke products and Ron just snickered at her. "Yeah, I get a kick out of knowing your man-child fiancee is tormenting you at home." Ron told his sister with a grin. Then he considered the gift in Ginny's hand, the boys would like them, he thought, most kids liked toys from this shop, especially ones that would get them out of class - well Ron would have liked a gift like that. But he also knew exactly what Hermione would say, in fact he was going to do an imitation of her scolding him and Ginny for their nefarious plans but stopped himself. He hated that it still hurt, after all these years.

"Either I suppose," Ron winced, realising he didn't really know the first thing about either of the boys. "Depends if they take after Harry or Hermione, really." He said, proud of his even tone, no need to still be wallowing in self-inflicted misery, Ron wasn't the type, at least not anymore. He sighed, smiled and pulled down a boxing teloscope. "Though I think this would annoy Hermione more." Ron waved the teloscope, a smile on his face, wondering if Ginny remembered. "For Laim of course, Deacon's still a bit to young. But theres also the muggle magic tricks. I think Deacon would get a kick out of that. Wait, no thats my idea, I'll get him that." Ron grinned at her.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 13, 2015 21:48:55 GMT -5

Ginny scoffed at Ron's accusation, one hand on her hip she tipped her chin up so she had a better shot of looking him in the eyes. Trying her best to channel her mother she raised one eyebrow. "Lecturing me on leaving it late Ronald? Please enlighten me as to exactly how many gifts you already have purchased?" When he didn't answer her right away she knew she had him. "And Blaise is not a man-child! Last time I checked you actually approved of this one?" He had told her more than once now that Blaise was a better decision than some of the other guys she had dated.

"Oh wonderful." She shook her head. "I come into your shop to try and buy gifts for our nephews and you steal the first idea you have to use for yourself. I hardly think that's fair!" She snatched the telescope from her brother and laughed at the memory of one almost identical looking to it punching Hermione in the eye all those years ago. "And I will be buying this for Liam, just try and stop me." She darted back a few steps so that she was out of his reach.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 13, 2015 22:17:25 GMT -5

Ron just grinned, Ginny knew him too well to even have to ask if he'd started, and he shook his head at her defence of Blaise. "Gin, you know I like Blaise, come off it." He smiled at her again, "no need to get your nickers in a twist on his behalf."

He scoffed, "Exactly, rude, Ginerva you come in here and get everyone a present then what the bloody hell am I supposed to get them?" He asked her, a nearby customer looked at him scandalised for apparently talking to another customer like that, Ron rolled his eyes. These people were doing his head in today, he liked the kids, hated their sodding parents. "I'm going to get Adaline some stuff from the new line, we're not releasing it till new year, so at least you can't pinch that out from under me too. Squeeze that. Make sure it works." He added casually, pointing to the telescope she was now holding.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 14, 2015 14:39:51 GMT -5

"My knickers are not in a twist!" She shot back, though she was grinning at him, and doing a terrible job pulling off the angry mode she was trying to convey. "You really shouldn't say things like that to your highly valued customers sir." She almost made it through the statement without smirking, but lost it on calling Ron sir. It was just too much. Ginny knew that there were other customers watching the store's proprietor engage in this verbal sparring, but if anyone looked close enough it was easy to determine that they were siblings.

"That's fine by me." She spun the telescope in her hands before holding it out away from her body and squeezing it. Causing it to punch Ron lightly in the stomach. "I already got her present. I have all of the women in the family done in fact. Every Weasley, Potter, Knightly and Blaise woman is finished." She was proud of herself for the morning's accomplishments. "Though I would suggest not giving her any love potions. I would bet that she wouldn't use them, but on the off chance you know, we wouldn't want anything embarrassing to happen should she spike some chocolates and they fall unknowingly into someone else's mouth." She was grinning in an almost feline manner as she finished teasing him.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 15, 2015 4:38:03 GMT -5

Ron scoffed at Ginny's attempt at a serious, patronising tone, it was obvious, she was just entierly too fond of him to even pretend to be angry. He didn't have time to dodge the punching teloscope and let out a grunt when it hit him. "Not what I was aiming for there," He mumbled, his own mood turning sour at learning Ginny had pretty much finished her own shopping. "You forgot the Longbottoms." Ron pointed out smugly, and his grin hinted as much, though he'd forgotten about the Knightlys and was now silently adding that family to his list of incompletes as well.

He scoffed again, he knew better than to give out love potions - hated the things in fact and it was only George's insistance that they stayed in stock that kept them in the shop. "Oh yeah, one would hate to embarrass themselves by being near-fatally poisoned on their birthday." Ron bit back, acting as though he'd been horribly offended, he was still just teasing her back though and besides it had been the mead Slughorn gave him and not the chocolates which poisoned him.
The name Romilda Vane still gave him the heebie-jeebies though.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 15, 2015 14:49:34 GMT -5

"I know." Ginny smirked and spun the telescope around in her hand before dropping it in the basket she had picked up on her way into the store. "Damn it..." she grumbled, digging through her purse for the list that she had written everyone's names down on, sure enough there was not a single one of the Longbottom's on her list. She grabbed a pen from the bottom of her bag and hastily scrawled all four names, before adding "Something small for Augusta" on the bottom and showing both the list and the pen back in her bag. Look up at him she glared, "Not a word Ronald, when our family is as big as ours, even before the adopted family, I have to make lists!"

Ginny knew that the incident with the love potions back in school was not one of Ron's best moments, but every now and then she liked to tease him about it and today had offered her the perfect opportunity. It wasn't every day that she got the chance to torture him anymore. Even when they had been traveling the world, she had brought up this one particular accident on occasion. They were standing in the middle of a bar in Morocco when she had casually mentioned to Blaise that she thought that that might have been Romilda Vane in the corner. Ginny knew that she would never forget the look on Ron's face. "You know I only bring that up because it gets a reaction every time. If you would stop reacting I'd have to come up with new ways to annoy you." She stated flippantly before turning and heading back up the aisle. "Do you think I should get Abbey and Mia Pygmy Puffs? I know I loved Arnold when I was a their age."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 15, 2015 18:29:33 GMT -5

Ron smiled, smugness still present in his expression. "Not a word, Sis, not a word then. Hate for people to think you're going senile in your old age." Ron said flippantly, the smile still there. He rolled his eyes at her logic. "I think it would just be too polite for you to manage, not bringing up that incident ever again. I'm sure you'd be tramatized too if youfound out that you went running about Hogwarts like a drunk loony comparing some strange bint's beauty to the radiance of the moon." Ron defended himself - proving her point if anything but he wasn't about to point that out, obviously.

Ron looked over towards the pigmy puff cages and back to Ginny. Adaline would probably like one two, he thought and celebrated that his christmas shopping was now scored two down about seven hundred to go.
"Is that a grey hair?" He asked pointing at her head, "Becasue you have lost it and gone barmy. You just told me you've finished buying for all the girls?" Ron raised his voice higher and made it squeak like Ginny's did and mocked, "Every Weasley, Potter, Knightly and Zabini woman is finished!"
Talking like himslef again and ready to dodge whatever Ginny would surely hit him with, he added, "Get one for Claire though. I can see why you need the list."