0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 7, 2015 11:11:40 GMT -5

Tabitha Catherine Mercer
25 - Female - Muggleborn - 08/22/89

Dragon Keeper

Appearance and Personality
General Appearance: Short, black hair. Approximately 5' 7". Fit with some muscle definition.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, Genderfluid
Skills: Transfiguration, Willpower, Ignoring insults,, High pain threshold
Weaknesses: Little mind-to-mouth filter, Baby animals, Anyone in distress
Positive Personality Traits: Empathetic, Protective of those she considers hers, Thick skin
Negative Personality Traits: Vain about her tattoos, Passionate about informing the world about the lesser known gender and sexual identities, Has no tolerance for "ignorant bigots"
Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, Tattoos, Animals (Dragons especially)
Character History:
Tabitha was born late one summer day to a mother on hard times. Agatha was thrilled beyond belief to finally hold her daughter. Despite the circumstances of Tabby's creation and Agatha's rather meager income, she loved her daughter dearly and gave her everything she could. When Tabitha's powers emerged shortly after her sixth birthday, Agatha was terrified of what to do. How was she supposed to raise an apparently magical child?

At Hogwarts, Tabitha called herself Muggleborn because she didn't know who or what her father was. The man obviously wasn't someone who cared a great deal if he left before her birth. It wasn't until she was fifteen that she learned that her mother doesn't even remember her father. Apparently she was the result of a drunken one night stand.

With so little chance of finding out if she was actually Half-blood, Tabitha fell into a depression. At sixteen, she entered therapy in the hopes of improving her mood. Of course, at the same time, she was just discovering that some days she simply didn't feel like a girl. With all the turmoil raging in her mind and body, it took three years of therapy to finally start rising from her dark mood. By twenty, she had finally come to terms with her parentage and her genderfluidity. It wasn't until a year later that she came out to her mother. Now she works as a Dragon Keeper with a very supportive mother.

Plots and Politics
Where does your character stand in the treatment of death eaters and their families? She thinks some Death Eaters have the potential to reform, but understands that one must earn trust when it has been so dramatically destroyed.

How was your character and their family affected by the reign and death of Voldemort? She entered school a few years after his final death, so her early childhood wasn't much affected by him simply because she spent all her time in the muggle world until she received her letter. 

Family
Parents: Agatha Mercer, 45, Muggle. Her father is unknown at this time
Siblings: None that she knows of
Children: None
Partner: None
Other Relevant Family: None
Family History:
Agatha Mercer was a wild child, rebellious to the extreme and entirely carefree. Her parents did their best to curb her enthusiasm but had little effect. In University, she was just as much a party girl as she was before, if not more so. One night, at one of the many parties, she ingested more alcohol that she probably should have and spent the night with a man she doesn't remember. No amount of wracking her brain can conjure up even a slip of a memory about the man. A month later, she discovered her pregnancy. Terrified for herself and her unborn child, she tossed out every trace of alcohol and drugs she possessed in her dingy flat. She moved back in with her parents and attended rehab religiously.

When her daughter entered the world, Agatha knew she couldn't be happier. She suddenly had a purpose, and she did her absolute best to give that girl everything she possibly could. It was tough, working all hours to pull in enough cash to feed and clothe an infant, but Agatha was determined to do it all on her own.

Now she works as a waitress and is immensely proud of how far her daughter has come.

Other:

Bekah
None

Have you read the site plot, rules, and timeline?
Yes

How did you hear about Insurrection?
The world wide Web, of course. (Google is wondrous)

Roleplay Sample
Tabitha took a deep breath and tried to stop wringing her hands. It wasn't a big deal, honestly. Being bisexual was hardly something to cry over, and being genderfluid was't the end of the world. Surely her mother could see that too, right? With nerves so bad she practically vibrated, Tabby entered the kitchen when her mother was currently making supper. One deep breath...two...,"Mum, I'm bi," she rushed out, the words slurring together. There, she'd said it. One announcement out of the way.

Agatha turned to look at her obviously terrified daughter, "Okay," she replied with a shrug. "Supper's almost ready, love."

That was it? No objections? No telling her it's just a phase?

"I'm...I'm also genderfluid," she added, a little less nervous now that the first piece of her had been revealed.

"Oh?" Agatha replied, "Do you want to go shopping later, then?"

Tabitha blinked at her mother. This wasn't at all how she'd imagined things going. There wasn't any shouting or attempts to discredit her assertions. Simply acceptance.

"You're okay with all this?" Tabby stammered.

"Of course I am," Agatha assured gently. "It'd be rather hypocritical of me to deny your sexuality when mine is the same, now wouldn't it?"

The rush of relief that accompanied that revelation was so acute, Tabby nearly collapsed then and there. As it was, she darted forward to throw her arms about her mother. "Thank you," she stated into her mother's shoulder. "I don't--Thank you, Mum."

"Anytime, love, anytime."

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jul 7, 2015 12:20:34 GMT -5

Welcome, Bekah! Thank you for joining Insurrection!
We are happy to have you with us, but there is just one small change that we need in your application before it can be sorted.

-In the question about Voldemort's reign, you mention your character having been in Hogwarts at the time; however, a birthday of August 22nd, 1989 would have her first year of Hogwarts be in 2000, after Voldemort had died since he died in the Battle of Hogwarts in 1998. If you could just change the answer to reflect that, or change her age if you did want her to be in Hogwarts at the time, that would be great!

After that, Tabitha can be sorted!

If you have any specific questions please feel free to PM one of the site Admins.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 7, 2015 15:01:10 GMT -5

Okay, fixed it! My math was off...oops.
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old