Sweet Treat

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 5, 2017 21:07:04 GMT -5

That sounded rude to her... That sounded past rude, actually. Astrid arched a brow as she scooped up a piece of her own cake, chewing thoughtfully. Then, because she occasionally lacked in boundaries- ballet did that to a person sometimes- she took a bite of the ginger chocolate cake and crinkled her nose. "I do not like that one," she said, shaking her head. "And your fiance reminds me a bit of that cake. Why the heck did he decide to go off on his own?" That sounded really rude- and nerve-wracking. Why couldn't he just tell the girl when he was coming back?

She was getting bad vibes, but there wasn't a way for her to voice that complaint. She would just have to wait and be patient. People didn't like when you butt around in their business, she knew that. She didn't want to upset her, especially not when she was doing wedding planning. "He best hurry up, then. Or you can send me after him and I'll chase him down. I don't look much, but I've got a mean bite. Runs in the family." Hell, her parents were so cruel that they kicked her out without a moment's thought.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 19, 2017 20:39:39 GMT -5

Affy knew what people would think about things with Cal. She knew what she thought about the whole mess, but she had no idea what she wanted to do with her life. She had no idea who she was other than the owner of her business, and the mother of her son. She had lost herself amongst it all. She wanted nothing more than to be happy and she was not even sure she could do that. She was not certain that she deserved love. She blinked and sighed, trying to not let herself get upset to the point of crying. She didn’t need to do that. Not here. ”I think it was something to do with work. He was a doctor for children at one point. “

”Thanks. I only wanted to do this and smaller things, to keep my mind off things, but it is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. I’m not even sure I should do this. Maybe my excuse is really that I wanted to eat a lot of cake and forget how shitty I feel.” She said before shrugging and letting out a sigh. She felt pathetic.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 24, 2017 13:25:24 GMT -5

Astrid did a lot of stupid things, she wasn't about to deny that. She got involved in a lot of strange relationships, she drank more than was really ideal, and she had a nasty smoking habit that she had yet to kick. There were quite a few things that were wrong with her, but she generally had the reigns of any relationship that she was in. It had to work that way; she had two very important jobs, she had an apartment that she had to fight to pay rent for, and she was still dealing with childhood trauma (despite the fact that it had, quite frankly, faded into a sincere bitterness). She had things that she needed to do, and she let everyone know that, so she generally was far more in control than it seemed this girl was. She couldn't fathom that, not at all. "You... think?" She arched a brow, allowing her facial expression to mainly describe her feelings on that matter. She really didn't know the girl, but she thought that she could do something about this strange little relationship.

"Eating a lot of cake is a great thing to do when you're sad," Astrid insisted, smirking. She was doing that herself, trying to forget that she hadn't been promoted. "It's what I'm doing now, really. Avoiding problems, not finding solutions... The great things in life."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 29, 2017 20:53:35 GMT -5

Affy blushed a little ashamed that she didn’t have more information about why Cal left or where he went. He had told her when she was mostly asleep and she had not heard from him since. For all she knew he could be dead, or married. She had not even met his daughter, save for the one time that they had spoken before she had gone away to school. It wa, a little odd to say the least, but she had done her best to roll with the punches. She had done what she could to try and keep things light and happy. Because after all, that was what love was supposed to be, right?! ”He had left in the middle of the night, and I didn’t get to talk to him. I have not heard from him since then, other than to say we will discuss things upon his return. “ She said quietly, and looked down at the confections before her.

”it’s less sad and more uncertain. It’s been a rough couple of years, and I won’t be the first to admit that we rushed things. “ Affy took a bite of the red velvet and hummed happily before nodding her head at the girl and pointing to it with her fork. ”Thats a good one.” The girl said that she was avoiding problems and Affy smiled. ”What could you be avoiding then?
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 29, 2017 22:37:54 GMT -5

When Astrid had a plan, she liked to stick to it. She liked how ballet was perfectly rehearsed, she liked how she had specific times for each class and a schedule that didn't quite change. Organization had been a major part of her life for quite some time, and it might have been because she was a complete and utter control freak at times, but she had to be. Everything else was out of her influence, so she liked to be in charge of the things that she was able to have control over. Relationships were like that, for her, so she couldn't quite understand someone who didn't have any influence over that at all. She thought that someone leaving in the middle of the night was a terrible way to start off an engagement, and she was questioning the way that the other woman seemed to just... go along with it. Of course the relationship had been rushed! There was no other explanation that Astrid could even think of. "Do you want my opinion on all of this?" she asked, genuinely curious. She wasn't about to offer it if it wasn't wanted, but Astrid did feel like the girl needed to hear what she had to say.

"Ooh, red velvet." She scooped up a large piece, shoving it in her mouth so she didn't have to answer right away. There were too many reasons, anyway, and Astrid wasn't quite sure where to start. The fact that she was the family disappointment? The way that she felt underappreciated most places? "I'm a ballerina with Avalon, and I haven't been promoted in years." There, straight and to the point. And, of course, the major reason for her eating a bunch of cake and being sad.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 4, 2017 9:41:55 GMT -5

Her life was a mess, and it had been one for a very long time. She wanted it to not be one, she wanted things to be calm, and less stressful for once. She thought about selling the daycare, about doing so many things, but it seemed like making those decisions was never a good idea when she felt this way. After all, it was how she had ended up in the situation that she was in, wasn’t it? ”I would love an outside opinion, honestly.” She said before shrugging a little. Completely unsure of how the girl would react, but one hundred percent sure that she would be right.

”Here’s my question though. Does it make you happy, dancing I mean? Is it everything that fills your heart with joy, gives you butterflies and makes you feel like you are the only person in the room? If it is, nothing else matters. “ She said with a small smile. She knew that people often didn’t get to to do the things that they loved.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 11, 2017 10:48:53 GMT -5

She didn't know what this near-stranger was looking for, because Astrid was generally made of opinions. She had comments about most everything that happened, she knew exactly what she was thinking already, but... This wasn't someone that she knew very well. This wasn't Kira, who she could tell most things, nor was it Matt, who had to hear about practically everything. This was a stranger, this was someone that she could very easily offend. Astrid was generally fine with insulting someone; she did it quite often. She had to, as a shot girl. There were times when the patrons of the club didn't understand that she didn't want anything to do with them, and when Warren and Grant were busy she generally yelled at them herself. "I think," she began, trying on the words. Astrid would rather not get the other girl all up in a huff, especially not when she was planning some elaborate wedding and had nearly a million other things to pay attention to. Some weird girl in a cake shop shouldn't mean that much. "I think that you should talk to him. Because he shouldn't go off and just leave you without saying anything. That's a 'one-night stand' thing to do, you know." That was a thing that she did when she wanted nothing to do with the other person. That wasn't behavior for something bigger.

"Of course it's something I love! I wouldn't ruin my feet for nothing!" There was a smile on her face despite the outburst; she really could rarely frown when thinking of ballet. It happened, of course, but it was a thing that she often tried to forget. Ballet was her happy place, it was where she felt better about herself and where she got to be free. She wouldn't ever give it up, even when they tried to force her to. It just wasn't her way.