Life In Color || Professor Copeland

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 29, 2018 20:02:52 GMT -5

Matilda often felt like she was a hazard. She was a hazard to everyone around her. She was an untrained wolf, barely surviving with what she was, let alone thriving. It was one of the reasons she hadn’t wanted to go back to Hogwarts, but Davina had convinced her. She was a Ravenclaw, after all, and her education was important to her. It was really the only thing she had left, and it was why she had allowed herself to come back. It was a risk, yes, but one she had to take if she wanted to at least be able to start taking care of herself.

It didn’t change the obvious. She was a hazard, and she was treated like one here. They gave her the potion and sent her off into the Forbidden Forest, and if she didn’t come back, then she was just one less annoyance to deal with on their part. She was just treated graciously because she wasn’t a Muggleborn, and while Matilda hated the fact that she was a step closer to thriving at the expense of others, she wouldn’t really give it up either. Just a step closer...just one single step. It was all she needed, and it was one more step than she had taken before seeing Davina by fate in London.

Matilda didn’t like being locked up in a place where she was disliked, but she wasn’t outrightly hated and she was safe. It had its challenges, but it had its advantages for sure. She looked up at Professor Copeland and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, attempting to appear a little less shy and being a little more open with a professor who seemed to genuinely care how she was doing. “I guess I haven’t,” she confessed. “I don’t think they’ve forgotten me either, but I wish they would. I left them because I would be too great of a burden for them. I’m just...a hazard wherever I go.” Matilda even surprised herself at that statement, not knowing what had compelled her to actually speak what was on her mind. “I would rather them move on without me.” It was a tough realization, but it was true. She gave a small smile when he said he was glad his fiancee wasn’t here to hear that.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 19, 2018 7:30:01 GMT -5

Samuel had spent much time getting to know his lions, well those that would be free to share with him. Growing up in Hogwarts much like they were doing now allowed him to relate to them better. That did not say that other professors who also been Hogwarts students couldn’t do the same. They were in the same boat but Samuel guessed that being present during the battle had taught him a thing or two. He was never going to forget what he had seen that night. Up until that night, nothing had affected him much. Sure his parents divorced had upset him to some degree but he had seen people lose their lives and he could never forget such a sight. He was glad that none of the students had witnessed anything to that degree when the lockdown had been initiated.

The professor knew that the students would not forget what had happened but at least they were spared from seeing death. He knew that the presence of Death Eaters on the school grounds terrified students but he was unable to do anything really. He knew that there was little he could do but to reassure them that they would get out of here soon. He had to believe it for himself too. He had never thought he would be away from his son for this amount of time but yet here he was. He had just meant to be away for one night but it had turned into weeks. The students were supposed to be home by now and so was he but yet here was. He hated it. Samuel figured that some of the Death Eaters were Legilimens. He knew that many of that group had that ability. He didn’t give a shit if they could read his thoughts when it came to the lockdown. He couldn’t really stop his thoughts and nor was he about to.

Samuel wasn’t sure where Matilda was when it came to fear factor concerning the Death Eaters. But like anyone, no matter the species they would be scared. At least that was what he assumed. ”Well...and let me know if I’m out of line here” he said smiling a little. He was not in the same position she was. He didn’t have to tell his mum or sister he was a werewolf. ”You know we always paint pictures in our minds of what we believe others think of us, usually, those pictures are wrong. If your family love you and I believe they do, they will want the best for you and to be there to care for you” he tried to reassure her.