Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2018 9:16:08 GMT -5

St. Mungo's
Benefit Gala

As the light dimmed in the Atrium of St. Mungo’s the party seemed to slow. People looked towards the stage where a man ascended to the podium. He didn’t look nervous. Instead, he smiled. It was as if he was in his element – as if he had waited his whole life for this moment. And perhaps he had.

The applause died down in a few moments, as all the faces in the room turned to look at Santiago De la Vega, Director of St. Mungo’s.
“I’d like to thank all of you for coming tonight. As some of you probably already know, my name is Santiago De la Vega and I am the Director of St. Mungo's,” Santiago stood on the small stage that had been erected for the Gala tonight, looking out over the crowd of people that stood in front of him. With the lights shining in his face, it was difficult to pick out individual faces, but he knew who was out there. “When I first suggested the idea of a benefit gala, I thought my assistant was going to kill me. Incessant planning, menu-making, writing a speech,” There was a bit of laughter as Santiago looked towards his left where he could see Danielle on the side of the stage. She was never too far – and she had the extra notes for his speech, should he need them. After all, he had made her stay up nearly past midnight last night as they worked through what he was going to say.

“But I’m glad that we decided to go through with it. As you all know, we are gathered here for a very special cause. One that is near and dear to my heart,” he paused as applause echoed throughout the room once again.

“Each of the donations that you have made this evening will go towards building a new research wing for St. Mungo’s dedicated strictly to the treatment of young witches and wizards in our community. Each galleon you give can help a child on their way to recovery from a debilitating case of Dragon Pox or even save a child from becoming an Obsurial.” He paused, as a large banner unrolled from the ceiling, revealing the new logo for the wing. There was a large blank space where it looked as if a name should go.

“As you can see, our Children’s Research Wing has yet to be named. That is because we’re looking for someone like you – someone willing to show the world their passion for this field. For healing and for the kids. We’re looking for a benefactor to spearhead this project. If you’re interested in being the main sponsor of this wing, please see the bidding table near the stage here to submit your name and donation amount,” his eyes seemed to sparkle with something mischievous. “It’ll be a bidding war to the end of the night. I’m sure my ex-wife and my children would love to see the De la Vega name written on this hospital for countless years to come.” There was a bit of laughter from the audience, but Santi held up his hand as if to denote that he was absolutely serious. “I hope you’ll all try and outbid me,” he raised his glass of champagne to the ceiling and smiled gently. “Here at St. Mungo’s we pride ourselves on the treatment of our patients, not just their ailments. Tonight, we’re doing it for the kids. Thank you again for being here and enjoy the rest of the Gala.”

[Everyone can enjoy the party! Drinks, dancing, and of course, donations are greatly appreciated. The following is Santiago’s personal post :}]

Santiago stepped off of the stage, only realizing then that his hands were clammy and his heart was racing. He had forgotten just how nerve-wracking public speaking could be. But he had done alright – he hoped.

He had so much on his mind lately with Rubi and Laia, that he wasn’t even really sure what he had just said up there. He could only hope that it was enough. He could only hope that he had enticed someone to give for the cause. The Children’s Research Wing was so incredibly important to him. It was about giving the children of the wizarding community a place for treatment that was just their own. They would have Healers that were specifically trained in dealing with children and hopefully it would give Children’s research the kick in the cul it needed.

Smiling, he grabbed another glass of champagne and returned to the small party of friends and family that were sitting at one of the tables. His date, Meredith, was among them. “Meredith,” he said, holding it out the glass to her to her. She had agreed to be his date for the evening. Strictly for professional reasons, of course. They were still working out the details of their Bangor/Mungo’s partnership, so it made sense to have her on his arm for the evening. “Sorry for leaving you like that, but duty calls.” He shrugged and clinked his glass against hers.
Welcome to Mungo’s First Benefit Gala! | 869 | Outfit, minus the gun because Santiago doesn’t really carry guns

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2018 12:16:21 GMT -5

st. mungo's benefit gala.
● ● ● ●
a good deed and selfish inclinations can be often intertwined

Meredith would be the first to admit that it had been a while since she had had a reason to dress up quite so nicely. Most of the functions she went to for the university or research conferences around Europe allowed her to get away with a business suit or a slightly fancy jumpsuit - but a gala was a whole other story. Merlin, it must have been ages. Probably a MacDougal wedding of some sort, now that she really thought about it. And definitely sometime before the war. Although, there had been Morag's and Miles' wedding, which she had begrudgingly attended, and that had only been... oh, sweet Helga, fifteen years ago. Well, never mind then. It had been a long time, to say the least. She was quite sure that she had kicked up some dust while venturing into the section of her close reserved for her fancier gowns and dresses - most of which had, honestly, just been passed on to her from someone on her mother's side of the family. She had really had no use for them. Not until now, anyways.

There was never a question in her mind about whether she would be attending the St. Mungo's Benefit Gala, of course. Santiago's invitation to be her date had, mildly, caught her off guard, but once she actually gave it a moment's thought it made sense. They were working on an important project, after all, and this would be a good way to spur some curiosity concerning the that. What other way to get people wondering if the Dean of Bangor and the Director of St. Mungo's were cooking up something mysterious? Other rumours would also fly into the air, of course, but after Skeeter's scathing article last month, Meredith couldn't find it in herself to care about that. Publicity was a double-edged sword, after all, and she had learned how to wield that sword with grace either way. This was not the first time that Meredith had felt like everyone's eyes were focused on her, and it would certainly not be the last. Not with her job, and not with her familial connections. But being the daughter of a MacDougal certainly helped with the grace and poise aspect of things. 

Besides, spending the evening with Santiago was hardly that much of an inconvenience. Meredith rather liked his company, and she had thought that their Quidditch-themed dinner was endearing and fun. Merlin, she couldn't remember the last time a business meeting had actually been fun, but Santi had made that possible. Working with him for whoever knew how long on their joint project would be all too easy for her. And maybe - just maybe - it was making her miss St. Mungo's a bit. Maybe. Meredith would not be quick to make that claim. She had left Healing and the hospital well behind her twenty years ago, adamant that nothing would ever really change in that department. She had been increasingly more open to life's possibilities, though, ever since Idris had started being... well, an adult. He might have still lived with her, but he was an adult. He had a job - two jobs, if you counted being a full-time student, and Meredith certainly did - and he had an emotional maturity that Meredith was rather proud of.

Speaking of her son, she knew he was around somewhere... well, he would manage. Being in attendance at this sort of thing would be beneficial for him on the Quidditch front, after all. Meredith's thoughts were pulled away from her son as applause filled the room, and she found herself joining in with a small smile on her face. She had briefly considered bidding for the name, if only because it was a competition, but... well, Meredith may have been a Dean, but she didn't exactly compete with some of the pureblood families in attendance. Meredith's smile widened slightly as she accepted the champagne flute from Santi, clinking it with his. "Oh, don't be, I haven't completely lost my touch at this sort of thing," she replied lightly. Much of Meredith's youth had been spent learning tea time etiquette with her grandmother, after all - and rather unfortunately. "You know, I am inclined to accuse of you trying to tempt me back into the world of Healing with a research wing," she commented jokingly, raising an eyebrow. Maybe Healing was in her past but... research was definitely in her present and future.

@santiago | @idris
742 words
outfit
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2018 12:35:10 GMT -5

----- St. Mungo's Gala -----
tag: @emily // words: 254 // notes: Outfit
This was their first public event together, the first time that he had taken her anywhere in public as her fiancé. Of course their adventure on the back of his motorcycle didn't count, even though he had known then, nor did their first night together, dancing in Ireland. He was taking her out as the future Lady Parkinson, as the future wife of a Lord. She was just sixteen, but she was beautiful, and she would be his. He was happy to show her off, he was happy to treat her the way that she should be treated as his wife. He was still sore from working out that day, but he was going to push through it all and just have a back rub that night.

He had been looking forward to dancing with her all night but now had come time for the formalities. He stood with his arm about her waist as they listened to De la Vega speak and leaned down to whisper in her ear. "I don't know about you but I don't think the Parkison ward sounds all that appealing. Should I just half arse it and steal you away to dance?" He asked her before kissing her temple and laughed softly before turning his attention back to the man. He handed her a glass of champagne and watched the man step off the stage.

"Well then, my love. Shall we dance? Or would you like to mingle? I think I saw my cousins Van and Donna around."
template by eliza @ TB & THQ
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2018 12:59:18 GMT -5

● ● ● ●

Cal knew he was acting possibly a little too nervous, but he couldn't help it. Merlin, he would never forgive himself if he ended up being late for his night out for Kasey because of this ridiculous gala. Well, it wasn't ridiculous, he supposed. It actually was a good thing, and in any other situation, Cal would have been more than willing to stay there until the clock rang midnight. But tonight was different. Tonight, he had planned to go out with Kasey, fully forgetting about this gala, and he was not about to cancel on her. He already felt like a bloody fool that it had taken him seven years to even think to ask Kasey Peters out on a date. So, no, he wouldn't cancel or reschedule or anything. He would attend... very briefly. Very briefly. Enough that he could say he showed up and hopefully his mum and dad would just chalk it up to being rather busy. Cal had a feeling they would not have been fine with him not eve attending in the first place, so he definitely had avoided the details of why he was leaving so early. He just had a feeling that... it would not go over with his mum well of he told her he was ditching the gala to go out dancing with a girl.

This had been admittedly much harder to keep from Lyla, but Cal had relied on the fact that he could pull the Siblings Stick Together card in the hopes that that would keep her from divulging any details. And the fact that Kasey had been her housemate, so it wasn't like he was ditching for just anyone. In any case, Cal had a plan. He had charmed his tuxedo jacket pocket to be bigger on the inside - big enough that he had a change of clothes in there. He would stick around, say his hellos, make the rounds. He would make an appearance and then dash of to the washroom, change, and off he would Apparate to Park Street to meet up with Kasey. He had thirty minutes, assuming the gala started at eight sharp - these things never did, unfortunately, so Cal found himself glancing at his wristwatch all too often. Merlin, one of his parents was bound to give him a glare for that. He glanced over at Mum, then, giving her a small smile just as he felt his jaw clench. Was it just him, or was this speech going by incredibly slowly?

As the Director of St. Mungo's wrapped up his speech, Cal could feel himself relax just slightly and joined in the applause. He reached across the table to pick up his glass of water and took a sip. The last thing he needed was to drink some champagne and risk the chance of getting splinched on his way to meet Kasey, so he would stick with water for the few minutes he still had to stay at the gala. In the next moment, his eyes were looking down at his watch - again. Good grief, he might be his own downfall at this rate. He really couldn't help it though. Part of it was worry that he would be late. But at this point, a good chunk of it was also nervousness. Anticipation. His mind had barely taken in any of Director De la Vega's words because, really, the only thing on his mind was that he would get to hang out with Kasey. Setting his glass down, Cal turned to his Mum with the same small smile - slightly apologetic, at this point. "Thanks for being all right with my dashing out early," he said. For the millionth time that day, probably.

@olivia | @lyla |
621 words
outfit

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2018 13:11:43 GMT -5

tag: @van // words: 330 // notes: Outfit
Oh, saying that she was excited was more than not enough. She had been so excited that she had screamed when she had heard and immediately called Donna. She had the perfect dress for Cat and she was more than happy to take it off her sister-in-law's hands. She was going to get to be shown off by her husband, by the man that she loved more than anything else in this world. They were still Newlyweds but she didn't care and she wanted to go out and have fun. She wasn't going to get trashed or be caught grining against him. She was there to look pretty and be show off as god damn Lady Parkinson. A visible rebellion. She was going to do what she wanted and that meant one thing, her huband.

They had agreed that she would take a semester off. Though it wasn't like the program was anything that she wanted to be honestly. She had done it to appease her mother, and her grand mother. To make it seem like she had a goal in her life. Mainly because she didn't want to go back to school yet. She wanted to go on tour with her husband. She could always be his manager, make him look good, look better than before and control the thirsty hoes who were always trying to take what was hers. She had been thinking about bringing the idea up to the band about starting their own label, with Lady Sheryl's help, obviously. She had a connection through her husband and her sister. Maybe she could even get Lord Crabbe to help them.

Leaning into her husband she held his hand tightly and looked up at him, love and other things shinning in her pretty eyes. De la Vega had stepped away from the podium and she couldn't help but laugh. Would be funny as hell if they won and had a wing named after them. Merlin and Morgana. "Drinks?"
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2018 13:21:17 GMT -5

● ● ● ●
there's nothing i want to do without you by my side

Brennan didn't do fancy. Not usually, anyways. It was something he had been able to expertly avoid in his line of work. Any dragonology-related event tended to be done on the reserve, usually in the main building, and if people were feeling especially fancy, they would use glasses instead of just passing around the bottle of firewhiskey. At least, that had been the case in Scotland. In Russia, it had been vodka - obviously. Nevertheless, doing fancy things was not exactly in Brennan's repertoire. But the St. Mungo's Benefit Gala had been somewhat irresistible. It was a good cause - an amazing cause, really. And it wasn't like Brennan didn't have the money to contribute to this sort of thing. The royalties from his books had always been insanely generous, not to mention how well his reserve had taken off. Things would be looking up even more once he started lecturing at Lig-na-Paiste. And this was certainly a cause he couldn't resist. Brennan may not have had his own children, but he loved them. In another life, he might have gone into something to do with kids. Literally, anything. When his sisters had had their kids, he had been all too eager to take time off and help them out.

Had he, perhaps, been a little more generous with his donation than his income actually allowed? Well, not entirely. It could have been somewhat debatable. Maybe.

There was another purpose to this though. And that purpose was Piper. This was the sort of thing he wanted to take her out to. The sort of thing he wanted them to do together. Brennan had a sick, horrible feeling that it would warrant some looks, should anyone know that she was a muggleborn - but to hell with that. It was absolute rubbish, and he had paid his money so he had every right to bring along whoever he wanted. And he wanted to bring along Piper. His girlfriend. He had made it absolutely clear to her that this was a night to let everything else go. To forget about the day of work they would have just finished and to ignore the day of work that was sure to come tomorrow. A night to just dress up in nice clothes, drink champagne, and enjoy themselves. Not only did Piper deserve that much, they deserved that much. Brennan had promised to go to whatever lengths it took to convince her. Buy a dress, pay a babysitter for Jack - anything. Literally, anything.

And now, here they were, and Piper was sitting right by his side. As Brennan joined in on the applause filling the room, he found himself glancing over at Piper, his grin only widening. She looked beautiful and he only hoped that she felt content and comfortable. With the applause dying down, Brennan lowered his hand to cover her own, intertwining her fingers with hers. Merlin, how quickly his life had changed as soon as she had re-entered it. Brennan leaned in a little closer to her, the same happy grin on his face. "I know this is probably the millionth time I've said this tonight but... you look amazing," he said quietly.

@piper
529 words
outfit

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2018 13:45:07 GMT -5

[googlefont="Philosopher"][googlefont="PT Sans"]
[attr="class","ribbonbrn"]
[attr="class","ribbonbrn-content"]
Change, like healing, takes time

[attr="class","tgboxyak"]
[attr="class","txtbxyak"]
[attr="class","txt1dk"]
TAG: @santiago - @meredith - @luna - @dario ╳ WORDS: 772 ╳ OUTFIT: link

[attr="class","rbtxtbr2"]The gala had been the work of several moths, considering all that had to be planned and prepared alongside the actual new ward and everything that had to be at least presentable for the guests to look over. While it had not been started yet, all the foundations had to be put to paper so people could see what they were financing. The gala itself wasn't overly complicated. There was the location, there was the decoration, there was the security and the servers and the food and drinks. There was some music, though since it wasn't a concert it was just something calm. Everything was in its place, everything was perfect, and Dani wanted to make sure that it stayed that way. Santi would be busy with people wanting to invest all night, with networking and people to get into researching and his family. There was no need for him to be micro managing anything at all, she would gladly oversee everything and make sure that nothing was out of place. If it got him to slow down and enjoy his time with other people for a while, at least. She didn't mind losing some free time. It wasn't like she'd invited anyone to bring with her, or that anyone had invited her. She knew that Carmine was around here somewhere, but he knew she was working and he had a date, so they likely wouldn't interact all night. She didn't mind. In her bag she had prepared a list of things that needed to be in order. Notes for Santi's speech in case anything happened. Additional information that someone may want, but it was so obscure that it hadn't been worth putting in the main debriefing. There she stood, watching her boss give his speech without a hitch, and then he moved off to speak to his date again. The Dean of Bangor, though how close she and Santi were, she didn't know. Nor was it any of her business to know, she had just found him her contact some time ago when he wanted to invite her to dinner and nothing else. She hadn't given anything even a single thought because her boss' private life was not for her to be interested in.

Then again, there were parts that she was interested in. Of his life, of course. His kids... well, the two younger ones. Dario and Luna were good kids, she liked them very much, and she tried to make sure they were happy. As much as she could, in her limited position. The most she could really do was let Santi get out of work earlier by taking on more of the paperwork for herself. That way he could spend more time with them when they were home. During the holidays, that was something she tried very hard to keep up with. Besides, young Luna was delightful and intelligent and self assured. Dario was a kind boy with a streak for fun. Their whole lives had been uprooted when the entire family moved here, though Dani had never asked who they had been coming for first of all. It didn't matter, they were here and now they had to make the most of it. That was what she tried to help them do, especially when Santi got so worried over them. That small escapade of his son's had worried him, though she didn't think it was all that terrible. Sure, it was nothing she or her brother would ever have done, but people were different and Dario had gotten home fine and looked after his friend. End of the matter, she thought, and it was best not to make a big deal about it. She wondered if the kids would be here tonight, and she hoped they would. Dani had heard plenty of them going to celebrity parties and all that with their mother, who Dani didn't exactly like. At all. She seemed to Danielle to be a ruthless person who wrote... unimportant things. Rag gossip magazines came a dime a dozen, it wasn't at all a respectable job in her opinion, no matter how much money it made. It wasn't like Santi's job, he ran a hospital and helped people. It was about time the kids would spend more time involved with their father's work.

As she was working, it didn't seem completely correct for her to be drinking champagne. So she denied the offered flute from a waiter and took a glass of water. Standing moderately close to Santi and Dean Powell, in case she was needed, she looked around. Making sure everything was going smoothly.

[newclass=.ribbonbrn]font-size: 18px !important;width: 400px;position: relative;background: #fabdbf;color: #61595a;text-align: center;padding: 1em 2em;margin: 2em auto 3em;font-family: 'Philosopher', sans-serif;;font-style:italic;[/newclass][newclass=.ribbonbrn:before, .ribbonbrn:after]content: "";position: absolute;display: block;bottom: 2px;border: 1.5em solid #fabdbf;z-index: -1;[/newclass][newclass=.ribbonbrn:before]left: -2em;border-right-width: 1.5em;border-left-color: transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.ribbonbrn:after]right: -2em;border-left-width: 1.5em;border-right-color: transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.ribbonbrn .ribbonbrn-content:before, .ribbonbrn .ribbonbrn-content:after]content: "";position: absolute;display: block;border-style: solid;border-color: #fabdbf transparent transparent transparent;bottom: -1em;[/newclass][newclass=.ribbonbrn .ribbonbrn-content:before]left: 0;border-width: 1em 0 0 1em;[/newclass][newclass=.ribbonbrn .ribbonbrn-content:after]right: 0;border-width: 1em 1em 0 0;[/newclass][newclass=.rbtxtbr2]padding:5px;height:135px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;[/newclass][newclass=.rbtxtbr2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.rbtxtbr2::-webkit-scrollbar-track-piece]background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UkfpmiL.jpg);width:2px;[/newclass][newclass=.rbtxtbr2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#eaf1f6[/newclass][newclass=.tgboxyak]position:relative;overflow:hidden;[/newclass][newclass=.tgboxyak .txtbxyak]width:400px;height:50px;position:absolute;top:0;left:0;margin-top:245px;background-color:#fabdbf;[/newclass][newclass=.tgboxyak:hover .txtbxyak]margin-top:150px;[/newclass][newclass=.txt1dk]height:30px;overflow:auto;text-align:center;padding:5px;color:#42223e;font-family:PT Sans;letter-spacing:4px;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:7.5px;font-style:italic;[/newclass][newclass=.txtbxyak]-webkit-transition: all 0.7s ease;transition: all 0.7s ease;[/newclass][newclass=.txt1dk::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 4px;[/newclass][newclass=.txt1dk::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color:#f9f9fa[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2018 14:43:02 GMT -5

● ● ● ●
i wish i could be wherever my mind wanders

Truthfully, Dario could have thought of better places to be spending his time that particular evening. At the end of the day, though, he did like dressing up for these sorts of things. Whether it was a celebrity part at Vexed or Papi's highly anticipated Benefit Gala, this was his sort of environment. Dario enjoyed the chance to look nice and talk to people and... well, show off, really. Maybe he had a tendency to be a bit extravagant, but he would blame that on his Mami, under the assumption that this sort of thing was genetic. And yet, despite the fact that he should have been having the time of his life, Dario felt like he could have been somewhere else. Maybe it was... oh, hell, he knew why. It was because he would have much rather been sitting around trying to sneakily get his hands on a glass of champagne with Maggie than anyone else. But it had been made pretty clear that this was a family event, and that they were expected to be on their best behaviour, which had meant... no Maggie.

Luna had gotten clever about that and taken Mami as her 'date,' which Dario was finding rather sly but smart. That was bound to be a whole rather interesting scenario, considering Papi had his own date to this gala. Dario really wasn't quite sure what to make of all of that, although he had a feeling that it wasn't that sort of date. As far as he could tell, anyways, most of their interactions were rather friendly. And Dean Powell seemed... all right, he supposed. Not that he had really interacted with her all that much. There really wasn't a point to it; although, apparently her son was on some Quidditch team or other, so that was rather interesting. Part of him felt curious about Luna's opinion on all of that, although Dario doubted he would have to outright ask for it to have her tell him all of her comments. Luna had an interesting way of keeping both Mami and Papi in the palm of her hands - something Dario had clearly not mastered, if his stunt a couple weeks back was anything to go by. If there was one thing that was certain, it was that at the very least, Dario would be able to sit back and watch some sort of drama unfold. This was the De la Vega family, after all.

Dario leaned back in his seat with a sigh, resisting the urge to cross his arms. Best behaviour. Right. He dared to sneak a glance at his watch, if only because he was curious... and it was still far too early for his tastes. At the end of the day, he was glad to be supporting Papi in this, eve if it seemed a little dull right now. His eyes scanned the room, mostly out of boredom, although soon enough they were back on the person sitting next to him - Luna, obviously. He leaned towards her slightly, the same bored look on his face. "Digues-me que està tan avorrit com ara," Dario said quietly.

@luna | @santiago | @valentina
524 words
outfit
-----
Digues-me que està tan avorrit com ara. - Please tell me you are as bored as I am right now.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2018 15:51:10 GMT -5

tag: @sheryl // words: 300 // notes: Outfit
This was their first time, the one time that they had stepped out together, as a couple. No as two people fucking and trying to hide it. Not as two people who cared about each other. This was the start of something good in his opinion and yet somehow he was scared to death. It had been a long, long time since he had done this, but he loved he, he cared abut her, and this was her thing, her element. He had seen her in it working the festival, running concerts and the like, but he had never see her do something that she care about like this and it was going to be very, very interesting to him. He just wanted to swirl her around the room in that perfect dress of hers and then pull her aside to snog her face off. Merlin she took his breath away.

She had done so when she had come out of his room wearing that dress and his heart almost jumped out of his chest He was more than lucky and he knew it. Gods did he know it. The one down side to this was the temptation but he was being good, he was refraining and he had a glass full of grape juice to look like the champagne that she had. After all, this was an occasion to celebrate, not to ruin things. Holding up his glass for her to clink he smiled and then gave her a soft, quick kiss as his arm went about her. Go figure, Fenix liked PDA, right? It was shocking he knew. When the announcement finished and people began to scatter he pulled her off to the side away from people and held her close.

"Care to show me the ropes. M'lady?"
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2018 16:03:20 GMT -5

St. Mungo's

Benefit Gala

Luna knew that this was something that her Papi, and Danielle, had worked really hard on. They were the driving forces behind something like this, and that was something to be proud of. She knew that Papi wanted to succeed here. She knew that this was something that needed to go well. Or, well enough. Luna was well aware that she may have sabotaged just how well things were going to go by asking Mami to be her date for the night, but it had been easier than actually finding a date. All things considered, she was surprised that Dario hadn’t tried to sweet talk Mami into letting him bring his little friend along. Though, that would have probably given Papi another heart attack, and that was the last thing that they needed to deal with. Instead, her germà had come alone, and Luna had come with Mami. Mami would have come anyway, she was sure, but this way she had a better reason than just showing up for the sake of it. There wasn’t a doubt in her mind that this was an event that neither one of her parents would have been missing. Even if Papi wasn’t hosting it.

Danielle was the one that Luna thought that she was going to have to thank. Or, congratulate. She highly doubted that any of this would have been possible without Papi’s assistant making sure that everything went according to plan. There had to be some sort of plan for all of this. Months on end had gone by when she had heard reference of gala this, and dansa that. The hospital was always in need of more money, more finançament, and Luna knew that Papi would get the job done. She had every faith in him that he would be the man for the job, whatever job, and this just so happened to be the one that he had put his mind too. The De la Vega’s were no longer nobodies in this country. Though, she hardly thought that they had ever been. Luna didn’t know what everyone else thought of them, but she knew what Mami’s magazine had said. She knew what they had put in the paper about Papi and the woman that was sitting across the table from them now. Meredith Powell. Dean Meredith Powell. Honestly, she didn’t know anything about her, she hadn’t bothered to look into it. But now she was curious.

Anyone that could accompany Papi in public was enough to raise her attention. She didn’t want to go around just assuming that it was anything more than professional, because it didn’t appear to be, but she was still watching them. Closely. She was keeping an eye on Papi, and the other witch, as she sat next to Dario at the table. Putting the two of them together had been someone’s first mistake, but they did know how to behave. They weren’t going to lose themselves in the company of the rich and famous. Mami had hosted enough parties over the years that that wasn’t really a problem. Luna didn’t think that there was anything that she was going to have to worry about. But she did want to ask Danielle about Meredith. If anyone would know, she thought that it would be her. She could tell her about her, and maybe she could get her to tell her if Papi was actually going to date her or not. It wasn’t like she didn’t think that her parents dated… Or at least, they all knew that Mami never failed to have a companion when she wanted one.

Papi was different though. Papi was Papi, and she was more than inclined to be a little more defensive when it came to someone coming at them from that direction. Papi was something that you didn’t mess with. Luna didn’t like the balance that she had established between Mami and Papi in her hands all messed up. She liked it where she had a little bit of control over it. She smirked at her germà’s words and then nodded just a fraction, “És clar. Papi va dir que no podia portar a Zita.” Luna knew that bringing her kitten to the gala was probably a pretty firm no from both of her parents, but she had thought that it might have been worth sneaking her in if she would have had a bigger bag. Unfortunately, she hadn’t brought any bag, and she had gotten dressed at Mami’s without Zita even being there. “Només estic esperant el que passi ara.” They were the De la Vega’s, after all, something was bound to happen sooner or later, and given the fact that Mami and Papi were in the same room, when Papi had brought a date… Anything could happen.

És clar. Papi va dir que no podia portar a Zita. - Of course. Papi said I couldn't bring Zita.
Només estic esperant el que passi ara. - I'm just waiting for what happens now.

@dario | @santiago | @valentina - 800 - luna's outfit
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRPHY 2.0