played by Morgan
"Hold onto me, 'cuz I'm a little unsteady."
options

Post by Desirae Maribel Krum on Aug 24, 2018 19:13:35 GMT -5

I don't know how
many stars fill the sky
I know we're here,
but I don't know why

It was getting easier and easier for her to be in London. And for her, that was progress. It had felt like the scariest place in the world for a time, after everything that happened. Maybe that was silly but everything that had happened to her… it had happened in London. Meeting Vince, falling in love with him… and all of the pain that he had caused her, it had all been here. Even though the museum of quidditch was nowhere near where Vince’s home had been, it was still hard for her to come into London for quite some time. Even though she knew he was gone, even though she knew that she wasn’t in danger, it was just not all that easy for her to come into London. It had to do a lot with the political climate too. She felt like it made London… a little more dangerous, just in general. There was no telling what was going to happen, and when.

When Andromeda had taken over as Minister, that had changed. Desirae felt far more at ease in London now. She knew that her friend’s viewpoints were… not the same as hers, but they were still close. Sure, she was closer with Narcissa, but Andromeda had saved her life. She felt better about being here, knowing that she was in charge.

Merlin knew that she would feel a lot more comfortable in London if the Death Eaters weren’t in power at all anymore. She knew that she had no enemies that were Death Eaters or anything like that. But she did have friends that were Muggleborns, and the Potters couldn’t stay hiding on their island forever. Well, she supposed they could, but that hardly felt like much of a life. She felt bad that they’d had to be there as long as they had. She wanted things to change, but it was complicated since her friend happened to be the Minister. She didn’t want anything to happen to her like what had happened to Durant when he had been ousted.

It was… definitely complex, but she still felt all right being in London. Quidditch was over for the year, for Scotland anyway, which meant that Viktor wasn’t having to jet off to foreign countries for matches. That had been absolutely miserable for her, but she knew that she couldn’t take Jack to a foreign country when he was that young, especially one all the way in South America. But she had still been hoping that Scotland would win. She couldn’t claim to be the biggest Quidditch fan in the world, but it was her husband’s team so obviously she had wanted them to do well. Making it to the semi-finals of the World Cup was pretty impressive already, though, and England was still in the running. That was something, at least.

She was just glad that she didn’t have to worry about Viktor needing to leave the country anytime soon. They could just focus on the museum, and the hotel--though Narcissa ran the hotel pretty well on her own, so really they just had to go to the museum to keep things running here. Viktor dealt with most of that, but she liked to keep him company. As did Vzá, of course. She loved this place more than just about anywhere else, really. She was off exploring an exhibit and probably acting like a tour guide to anyone that would listen. Jack was sleeping in the office with Viktor, and she knew that they’d likely head home soon enough. There wasn’t much of a reason to spend the whole day here. They usually just came to check in, or if Viktor had a lot of paperwork to do.

Desirae decided that she might as well see if she could track down Vzá. She knew that she was fine. Her stepdaughter knew this place like the back of her hand. She also knew the best places to hide in this place, which she thought might be happening. She didn’t worry about Vzá here. People didn’t come into museums to kidnap people, so she always knew that she was around somewhere. “Excuse me--” There was a man looking at one of the newer exhibits and she thought it was more likely that he’d seen Vzá attempting to be a tour guide than around some of the older exhibits that she had tired of slightly. “Have you seen a nine-year-old trying to be a tour guide anywhere around here? Dark hair, knows more about Quidditch than I could ever hope to?” It was at least worth a shot. She knew that Vzá was around here somewhere.
@brennan | Outfit

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 16, 2018 17:51:56 GMT -5

one great mystery.
● ● ● ●
There is only one great mystery, I keep searching for the answer desperately

Brennan was starting to get used to living in the United Kingdom, without the option to run away to the next reserve on his list. It was definitely a change, though. Not only the part where he was trying to get used to a new country, although that was very strange, too. Certain things in the UK were just different, and Brennan was still getting used to them. The elephant in the room, of course, being the treatment of muggleborns. It wasn’t quite something that Brennan could wrap his head around. As much as the States kept everything completely separate from No-Maj, there was never any discrimination against their magical children. Brennan couldn’t really understand it, or the motivation behind it, so it was safe to say that all of this was just… incredibly foreign to him. And adding Piper to that mix definitely made it all that much more difficult for him to understand it all. Every time he tried to fit in with the way things worked in the UK, he felt a horrible twinge within him. Like he knew this just wasn’t right.

There was also the fact, though, that this was the first time that Brennan had moved somewhere with no intention of moving away within the year. And that was honestly a little odd for him. His life and career involved moving around. Every year there was somewhere else to escape to. A different dragon reserve, a different research project, a different adventure. But that wasn’t really an option anymore. There was no more running to be done, at this point. He was a professor now and the fate of the Kavanagh Dragon Reserve basically rested solely in his hands. Students willingly wanted to learn from him. The family legacy basically depended on him and him alone. Aisling and Kiera were here, too, and for the first time ever it felt like at least part of the Flynn family was coming together. It was all a lot to get used to… but Brennan found himself actually enjoying this change. Enjoying a life where he could actually have somewhere to call home. And by the way things were going with Piper, someone to call home.

If there was one thing that Brennan missed from his younger days, though, it was Quidditch. He had made a pretty good Beater, back in the day, and it had briefly been an option as a career. At the end of the day, though, his parents had been pretty adamant about him going to university and, honestly, Brennan could not have turned his back on the dragons even if he tried. Still, he missed it, and he hadn’t had much of a chance to play. It would be quite some time until he could try to teach his nephew. And Jack, Piper’s kid, but that was a long ways away… A voice pulled Brennan’s attention away from the current exhibit and towards a brunette woman that had spoken. “Ah, no, I don’t think so - although I’m sure she’ll stand out if I do see her, so I’ll keep an eye out for her,” Brennan answered with a grin. He could definitely imagine it. “I’m Brennan, by the way.”

@brennan
549 words
outfit (minus sunglasses)
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0

Desirae Maribel Krum
Desirae Maribel Krum Avatar
Hufflepuff
346 posts
34 years old
Co-Owner of the Bent Elbow
Co-Owner of the Museum of Quidditch
Lufkin University Alum
Shop Worker
played by Morgan
"Hold onto me, 'cuz I'm a little unsteady."
options

Post by Desirae Maribel Krum on Nov 14, 2018 14:54:09 GMT -5

[nospaces]

[attr="class","cbg"]
[attr="class","cbgtop"]
[attr="class","cimg"]
[attr="class","clbox"]
[attr="class","ctopline"]I DON'T KNOW HOW
[attr="class","cscriptmisc"]many stars fill the sky
[attr="class","cline"]
[attr="class","clyrics"]I KNOW WE'RE HERE,[break]
BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY

[break][break]
[attr="class","cbody"]There were plenty of avid Viktor Krum fans that would probably think it was an absolute tragedy that he had married someone that wasn’t the biggest fan of Quidditch in the world. In fact, if she was a person that read tabloids, she might have found a few of those articles already. It wouldn’t surprise her, but she had never been one for picking those kinds of magazines up. So, she had no idea if such a thought had been put to paper anywhere.
[break][break]
She just knew that there were some people that would faint if he ever came out of retirement or anything like that. He probably had more diehard fans in Bulgaria than he did here, but still. She was well aware that she had married a well-known Quidditch star and she had never played Quidditch before. She didn’t even care for flying all that much, not that she was going to blame that on being afraid of heights or anything like that. The only reason that she knew anything about the sport was because of her brother-in-law. He was probably one of those people that would faint if Viktor came out of retirement.
[break][break]
Or at least, he would have been. Now that they were family, he could actually keep his cool around Viktor--even if he did talk his ear off about Quidditch most of the time that they were altogether. But she didn’t really think that Viktor minded. If he did, he hadn’t said anything, anyway.
[break][break]
Even if she wasn’t the biggest Quidditch fan in the world, she really didn’t mind coming down to the museum on occasion. Viktor was here more than she was--as was Vzá, but she had no problem getting Jack and coming here with them. There was a time in her life when being in London at all put her on edge, but this place was safe. It wasn’t packed unless it was a weekend, or a new exhibit opened, but they mostly did their work in the mornings when it was relatively empty. So, she really didn’t mind it. It was kind of peaceful to be here when it was like this.
[break][break]
But she knew that it would be time to head out soon enough. Viktor didn’t have too much paperwork to finish, and she wanted to make sure that they got Vzá home with enough time for them to get a couple of lessons in before dinner.
[break][break]
That meant tracking her down, however, and that was easier said than done, at times. She knew this place like the back of her hand. If she wanted to hide, she could. Desirae didn’t think that was what she was currently doing but there was always a chance. If she didn’t feel like leaving, she had her fair share of hiding spots to try to stay longer. If that was the case, she thought she’d need to ask Viktor for help, but she was at least going to give it a shot first. There was always a chance that she was attempting to give a tour, and she wasn’t hiding at all. “And I’m sure you’ll hear her before you see her.” It was her tour voice. She definitely had no problem with projecting. “Desirae. Hi,” she added, with a smile. “Are you enjoying the exhibit?” Since it was new, she figured she might as well get some input on it while she was out here.
[break][break]
[attr="class","cnotes"]574 ● @ brennan ● outfit
[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.cbg]width:400px;background:#262626;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cbgtop]width:400px;height:120px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cimg]float:left;width:100px;height:100px;padding:10px;border:1px #aaa solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clbox]float:right;height:100px;margin:15px 5px auto auto;text-align:justify;width:257px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ctopline]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cscriptmisc]font-size:23px;margin-top:-3px;font-family:Dancing Script;color:#ae81e7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cscriptmisc span]color:#ccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cline]height:1px;background-color:#888;margin:3px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clyrics]font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cbody]font-family:verdana;color:#999;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cnotes]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]