birthday
blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
"I prefer mysteries."
occupation
Student | World's Greatest (Kid) Detective
general appearance
Angus is tall, nearly 183cm, though he's almost always hunched over or crouched on the ground looking at something that he considers "evidence." He has brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, but that's not important. What's important is that his vision is impeccable. His attention to detail is out of this world. But he can't for the life of him remember where he's supposed to be and when. He's generally well dressed, usually in full Hogwarts robes whenever he's hanging out (he just finds it easier to wear a tie then actually pick something to wear, that requires too much brain power spent on something that's not worth it).

He sort of looks like he has a frog stuck in his mouth.

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Probably Ravenclaw
achievements
"One time, I found Remington Monroe's lost bracelet. She gave me a hug. It was simultaneously really weird and sort of amazing." Other than that, his achievements are relatively mundane. He's not a Prefect and not on the Quidditch Team. He is, however, credited with creating the Sleuthing Society (which has two whole members: him and @maya ) at Hogwarts.

university
"I plan on going to Cambridge, actually. Then I'll probably end up working for Scotland Yard."
university major(s)
N/A
years attended
N/A

skills
ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Angus has an eye for details and an impeccable memory. He’ll recall if you wore a blue shirt or a green one yesterday. He knows how you did your hair. He knows that those were the exact shoes – size and all – that the murderer wore LAST WEEK!

CURIOSITY: Curiosity is the necessity of invention...and the killer of cats (Angus is more of an owl person, anyway). He has a(n un)healthy curiosity about most things and try to learn as much about the world around him as possible. He's always up for learning new games, ways of learning, but not names. He hates learning names.

FOLLOWING HIS NOSE: Literally and figuratively, I suppose. Angus has an incredible sense of smell, but beyond that, he's good at following his instincts. He knows when he's onto something and isn't afraid to go after it full force. It's just sometimes things don't usually end up how he's planned.

MYSTERIES: Angus is incredibly good at hashing out details and solving mysterious happenstance. He’s good at putting theories together, collecting evidence, and drawing conclusions about all of it. His entire life he’s grown up reading Sherlock Holmes novels and tends to model himself after the World’s Greatest Detective (I’m not saying he bought one of the hats, but he bought one of the hats).

HISTORY OF MAGIC: Call him a nerd for liking history, but it’s the one class that he actually does decent in. He likes learning about everything that’s come in the past and especially about the actual history of how magic came to be. Though, he still is horrible with names and can’t remember them. He’s surprised that he actually knows who Merlin is.
weaknesses
MEMORY… ABOUT SOME THINGS: Angus usually doesn’t have enough brain space for everything and can often forget the simplest of things like names in lieu of understanding something larger.

QUITTING: Once Angus gets on about something, he's usually not going to give up the ghost. He'll harbor resentment and keep after a mystery, even if the case has gone cold. He's also been known to continue to annoy people even after they've told him to go away. Thankfully, he has Maya to be his social compass when needed.

SCHOOLWORK: Although Angus in incredibly smart, he has a hard time focusing on actual school work. He doesn’t like the mundane nature of writing essays or doing equations. He would rather be learning about something that will help him solve the world’s greatest mysteries…

MAKING FRIENDS: Angus has never had quite the social sensibility that others have. In fact, he’s been known to be a little awkward more times than not. He’s not very good at making friends and even worse at keeping them. It’s a miracle that Maya’s stayed around this long, in his opinion, but he’s glad to have her. After all, he’s pretty sure she’s the reason that he hasn’t fallen into the Black Lake while looking for clues.
positive traits
ASPIRING – ARTICULATE – BRILLIANT – CONFIDENT – COURTEOUS (sometimes, when he’s actually trying to worry about other peoples’ feelings) – FORTHRIGHT – HARDWORKING – IMAGINATIVE – INTUITIVE – LOGICAL – OBSERVANT – ORGANIZED – PERCEPTIVE – PRECISE – SYSTEMATIC – WELL-READ
negative traits
BRILLIANT (this is under both because while he is brilliant, it causes him to be quite dumb about common sense) – BLUNT – CAUTIOUS – CRITICAL – EXCITABLE – FORGETFUL (about the “unimportant stuff,” that is) – METICULOUS – OBSESSIVE – PAINSTAKING – SOCIALLY AWKWARD
hobbies/interests
Coffee – Mysteries – the Sleuthing Society (which is currently accepting new members, if interested please fill out the attached application and owl back to Maya Poole and Angus Duffy by the Christmas Holiday) – Model cars – Collecting photos from all the mysteries he’s solved – Classical music – Avoiding physical activity (beyond running through the halls on “the hunt,” of course!) – Chess – Jigsaw puzzles – Strategy Board Games – Muggle pop culture (he really enjoys Star Trek and all versions of Sherlock Holmes) – He enjoys singing, but he has a horrible voice – Spending time with his owl, Adler – Writing Sherlock Holmes knock-offs (which he calls the Angus Duffy Diaries)
accomplishments
Author of the Angus Duffy Diaries. Super Sleuth. Can smell cookies from a mile away.

character history
“I was an accidental child.

There’s no need to pity me, really. It’s not a huge deal in the slightest. In fact, my parents have never actually told me this is the case. I’ve just come to reason that it is so. Not convinced? Let’s review the evidence: I was born thirteen years after my middlest brother. My parents have never expressed an interest in having more children. I am largely ignored because I am the youngest and my parents are well into their sixties and have no time to deal with “teenage antics,” as they put them. And, perhaps the most obvious of all the evidence: Duncan Douglas Duffy Jr. told me so.

When I was five, Duncan made sure to tell me that they hadn’t wanted another kid. I reason that he was just jealous. After all, he is my father’s namesake and tends to have a chip on his shoulder. Anyway, despite the fact that I was an accident, I think that I turned out just fine.

Growing up as they youngest left me feeling like I didn’t have much time for a childhood. My parents were already well into their fifties when they had me and my siblings were over a decade older than me and already off at Hogwarts. So, I spent most of my time hanging out with my mother and my father – sometimes exploring the Old Blue General Store, sometimes staying at home and reading over my mother’s shoulder while she noveled about the great wars of the muggle world.

About the time I learned to read, my brother Edmund gave me a copy of the complete works of Arthur Conan Doyle, including all of the Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories. I immediately fell in love. While my parents were busy living their own lives, I was busy getting lost in the works of this hero. I started to take after Sherlock Holmes. At least, I tried. I was solving mysteries left and right. My mother would ask where her favorite wodden spoon was and I would engage a full-fledged investigation (it was under the cabinet…that one was one of my easier cases). I found that the more time I was spending exploring mysteries, the less time anyone could bother me.

I didn’t have to listen to a grumpy teenaged Duncan tell me that I was useless and a problem child if I was solving my own problems and others’, did I? So I became a detective. A damn good one at that. My Uncle Reagan lit up the path sometimes – he’d let me tag along on small cases that he had or Auror business that he was tending to. He stirred the pot and awoke in me a love for mysteries that couldn’t be tamed.

At age eleven, when I went off to Hogwarts, I decided that was what I wanted to do all my life. I wanted to be a Private Investigator like Reagan. But I wanted to be a good one (Sorry, Uncle…). Thing started off slow. People didn’t want to trust me with their problems, but after I found Remington Monroe’s favorite charm bracelet (a gift from the notorious Caerus Nott for Christmas two years prior), people started realizing that I was actually worth something. They would pay me a few sweets here and there to locate their lost toads, or a few sickles when they wanted me to keep an eye on their girlfriend to see if she was cheating. When my caseloads started picking up, I knew that it was time to pick up another member of the Sleuthing Society. Maya showed interest – a year younger, but in the same house, she was the perfect candidate.

To this day, she keeps me on the straight and narrow, sometimes making up for my lack of social sensibility, and I teach her everything I know about solving mysteries. Maybe one day we’ll be able to solve one of the big ones and go down as some of the Greats.”

parents
Duncan Douglas Duffy, Sr. - 65, Father, Owner of Old Blue General Store, Ravenclaw Alumni, Order of the Phoenix
Kirstie Isabel Duffy (nee McCullough) - 63, Mother, Housewife and Author, Ravenclaw Alumni
siblings
Duncan Douglas Duffy Jr. - 30, Older Brother, Census Bureau Employee at Ministry, Gryffindor Alumni
Kenna Lucy Duffy – 31, Sister-in-Law, Librarian at Bangor University, Hufflepuff Alumni
Edmund Stuart Duffy – 28, Older Brother, Fiendishly Difficult Crossword Maker at The Daily Prophet, Gryffindor Alumni

children
"No, please no."
partner
None
other family
Duncan Douglas Duffy III – Nephew, 5, Excellent at throwing pasta and toys at Angus, Will most likely be a Gryffindor by Angus’ calculations and deductive reasoning
@reagan – Uncle (“He makes me refer to him as “Funcle.” I deduce that this is a combination of fun and uncle, but he won’t confirm nor deny my theory.”), Private Investigator, Ravenclaw Alumni
family history
Duncan Douglas Duffy was born and raised in Scotland. The son of Declan Duffy, the owner of the Old Blue General Store, he grew up living a simple life. Duncan was often manning the cash register and making change for galleons when his father had busy seasons during the spring and summers. Duncan’s younger brother was always off doing Merlin only knows what, so it was up to Dun to be the responsible one. He attended Hogwarts at age eleven and was sorted into Ravenclaw. Kirstie McCullough was a proper halfblood woman born to a small farming family in Scotland. An only child, she grew up with a penchant for learning and a love of all things literary. She could constantly be found in her family’s barn, reading books on the muggle world wars and romance (which would inspire her in the future to write war novels). She also attended Hogwarts and was sorted into Ravenclaw.

A few years younger than Duncan, they didn’t really interact until his final year at Hogwarts. They would study for classes together and grew to be good friends. After his graduation, Kirstie had a few years left. Meanwhile, Duncan inherited his father’s shop after his unexpected passing. When she graduated, Kirstie attended Lufkin and studied Finance. She was assigned to help a small shop in Scotland deal with their finances. Lo and behold, Duncan and the Old Blue General Store were brought back into her life.

Kirstie was the reason the store didn’t go under and the pair dated for a few years after that. They had a few kids, and were happy. On the night of their anniversary one year, they got drunk and shagged. Thus, Angus was born. Their third and hopefully final child, he was an accident, but they never loved him any less than Duncan Jr. or Edmund. At least, that’s what they claim. Sometimes, Angus has a difficult time getting their attention.

other
ANGUS ANGUS ANGUS ANGUS
face claim
Tom Holland
status of application
Incomplete
have you read the rules?
Yes!
how did you hear about us?
MAGIQUE
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan