blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
Heterosexual
occupation
Obliviator for the Ministry Of Magic
Owner & Coach of Snidget Youth Quidditch
general appearance
"لقد حصلت على عيون والدتي" Keegan stands at six feet tall filled out with a somewhat brawny physique. He looks bigger than he really is, add that to the intimidating look of his resting face (yeah, that's right, RBF) he can come across a little bit scary. That is usually canceled out by the fact that he looks pretty happy most of the time. He's a pretty charismatic person and it shows from the warmth of his chocolate colored eyes to the bright white smile he's always flashing. "I get it a lot that people say I look mean until I start talking." Truthfully he's a pretty friendly individual and a little goofy at that. His eyes and face are always quite expressive and he's the king of well placed eye rolls. He says he get's his eyes from his mother but the rest of him definitely comes from his father. "Je suis le fils de mon père." Especially the umber tone of his skin. These days Keegan keeps a well maintained goatee. Actually, well maintained is probably the best way to describe him over all. He keeps his body, clothes, and grooming set to almost impossibly high standards. Keegan assures me that you will never see him looking disheveled. 

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Slytherin
achievements
Head Boy (2010/11)
Prefect (2008/09, 2009/10)
Beater (2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11)
Reserve Beater (2006/07, 2007/08)
Charms Club Member (2005/06 thru 2010/11 school years)
Transfiguration Club Member (2005/06 thru 2010/11 school years)
Yearbook Club (2009/10 & 2010/11 school years)
Graduated Obliviator Training (2013)
Joined Order of the Phoenix (2017)
Founded Snidget Youth Quidditch (2016)

university
Lufkin University & University Of Winchester
university major(s)
Psychology at Lufkin
Sport Psychology at Winchester
years attended
Lufkin: Fall 2011- Spring 2015
UoW: Fall 2015 - Spring 2016

skills
Charms & Transfiguration- Keegan is naturally meticulous which made this a very natural thing for him. The precise hand movements, making sure to articulate spells, and importance of undivided attention all came easily to him. 
Potions - This boy never seems to lose focus, a helpful skill in concocting potions. He might have to have the book open straight to the page the entire time but he stirs exactly the right amount in the right direction! He says you can trust his potions on your life, so long as you trust the recipe! 
Personable - He's always been a pretty social being. He's relatively easy going and friendly, so making connections has always been a skill of his. That, and the fact that he can be charming as all hell when he wants to be.
Being Charming - Yeah, we're gonna go there. It's not a matter of just saying what people like to hear because he isn't going to ever be that guy. "Charm, don't manipulate" pretty well explains it. He claims that it's just a matter of being actively engaged with people. Do that and it just flows.
Achievement  - Shacklebot. Sorry, louder for those in the back, Shacklebot! The funny thing is he swears they don't even really have to try? They are a strong, driven, independent set of people and when they put their minds to things they make it happen.
Born Leader - Again, Shacklebot. His sister might call him stubborn and she could very well be right. He has a strong sense of leadership and in situations that warrent a guiding hand he is always first to step up. He prefers to be in the driver's seat, so to speak.
Obliviating - He claims he's one of the best. He is very careful with exactly how he works his spells in order to make sure they are well placed as to not erase or change too much memory. He claims it's a form of art, some people just don't get it.
Quidditch - As if you didn't already know! His family has quite the affinity for the sport and he is no exception. Beating was the position he was well suited for. He was always very skilled at being able to keep track of the bludgers as well as the players on the field, making protecting the chasers and knocking opposing teams off their brooms a breeze. 
Athletics - Keegan isn't just good at quidditch, he has great coordination and excels in most any sport he plays. He's also very competitive which makes it all the more fun to play!
Caring - He says this is a skill, ok? And that not enough people these days have it. It's why he joined the Order and why he works with kids. He cares, and you should too!
Psychology - Keegan is detail oriented and he can definitely notice little things about people. He claims this is yet another reason why he is a great Obliviator: it helps to understand people from the inside out, not the outside in.
Dueling - Obviously his father had a lot to do with this but surely his ability to read people helped quite a bit. 
Cunning - He's an order member working at the Ministry. Pretty much explains that one, doesn't it?
Multilingual - Merlin does this boy speak languages. English, Arabic, Berber, Moroccan French, & Spanish, he says he's interested in learning more but let's hope he doesn't any time soon!
weaknesses
Memory - He says this is all Audrey, OK? He can remember spells, he can remember names, but he honestly couldn't tell you what he had for dinner last night-- whereas Audrey can tell you everything about anything ever. And it's obnoxious haha
Competition - Keegan can't turn down a challenge. He just can't. It can be something totally stupid and he'd still do it. He hates to lose and he says "the only thing worse than losing is not trying at all."
Go, go, go - "I'm not as bad as my sister. OK, maybe I am." He always has to be doing something, be it work, coaching, building up his business-- he's always going, going, going. Honestly, I don't think the boy has the ability to sit still and do nothing? And even if he did I think he'd get bored way too fast.
Family - Family is the most important thing to Keegan and he is very close with them. Over time he's only grown closer and more protective of them, especially after the attack on Diagon when Audrey was injured. 
Bourbon - He is by no means a heavy drinker nor is he any sort of alcoholic but the man sure does love his bourbon. It's a family thing for him, something that is almost like a tradition. Every night he's got to have a glass or two to wind down.
Quidditch - Yes, this is a weakness. Keegan is a bit of an addict when it comes to the sport. Whether it's playing it, coaching it, watching it, or talking about it he's all about it. Very clear way to his heart. Straight path.
Children - He's got a lot of cousins, most of which are younger than him, and he's always loved hanging out with them. He likes to teach, give advice, watch them pick up new skills. They are totally fascinating and unmercifully adorable. Working with kids through Snidget has been extremely rewarding and he says he'd do anything for those little Snidgets.
Forgiving - "I tend to be pretty lax. I let things slide that maybe I shouldn't? I'm just not the type of person who can hold a grudge. I just...can't."
Divination - "I can figure almost anything out. Anything! I can follow steps and rules right down to the tiny minute details but throw something at me like a crystal ball? Honestly, I don't even know what to do." He's right. Keegan prefers the clear and concise nature of Charms over the flighty nature of divination. He doesn't like things that are left to interpretation, he'd rather have a straight answer!
positive traits
Active - "Keeping my mind and body active is extremely important to me. In order to be your best self you need to be operating at a certain level of strength, physically and emotionally. It's why I love playing quidditch, and going for runs, and playing card games-- it's all just working toward a better me."
Adaptable - "Being a chameleon is very important, especially now. I work in the Ministry which, I don't know if you've heard, is full of Death Eaters. Do I agree with their views at all? Absolutely not, I'm an Order member from the start, but that doesn't mean I get to parade around shouting it from the rooftops either. I've learned to blend and it's more important now than ever to be able to do that."
Alert - "You could say I'm detail oriented. I notice everything, pick up on everything. It's a gift, really."
Caring - "I'm one of those weird people that actually likes people. So, of course I care. I care about everyone. Even if I shouldn't."
Charismatic - "What can I say? I can be pretty charming."
Clear-Headed - "I'm always focused. Always have a goal in mind, steps on how to achieve it lined up, I have a plan of attack. Always."
Confident - "What do I have to worry about? Nothing."
Disciplined - "Some people call me a perfectionist, I call it well disciplined."
Ebullient - "I'm a happy guy. Life's too short to be miserable, just enjoy it."
Hard Working - "I've learned that self-belief and hard work will always lead to success."
Humorous - "We're all just here to have a good time."
Laid Back - "I try not to sweat it. Just roll with the punches as they come."
Meticulous/Scrupulous - "Nine times out of ten it really is the little things you've got to look out for."
Protective - "There's not much I wouldn't do to protect those I care about, especially my family."

negative traits
Ambitious - "I'm not affraid to go for the things I want. If I've got a goal in mind I'm going to achieve it."
Competitive - "Losing is not an option."
Cunning - "I'm going to do what I have to in order to keep things running smoothly. If that means lying about my personal affairs I will."
Opinionated - "I have my beliefs and you have yours. Yours are just wrong."
Perfectionist - "If you aren't going to do it right then why even do it at all?"
Stubborn - "Once I set my mind on something I'm going to make it happen. Nothing can change my mind."
Uncreative - "Logic. My mind runs on logic and strategy. I'm not a creative person, I just don't have the mind set for it."

hobbies/interests
Quidditch - Playing, coaching, watching, talking about it. He loves it so much!
Both His Jobs - Keegan actually believes that neither of his jobs are actually "work". He loves working for the Ministry, absolutely adores being an obliviator, and his Quidditch venture brings him endless amounts of joy. It's no wonder he's always working!
Spending Time - Whether it's with family or with his friends Keegan really enjoys social interaction. Any free time he has is usually booked up rather quickly with plans to hang out with someone.
Charms - It's always been a quiet passion of his. (Quiet, haha, oookk Keegan) It brings him a lot of joy, sort of a warm fuzzy feeling. The fact that he gets to do it for a living is just superb.
Games - No matter what it is you can go ahead and count him in. Card games, board games, charades, quidditch. He wants to play. He loves to play.
Traveling - "I've lived many places and it's always great going back and seeing how things have changed. I miss Morocco, sometimes."
Working Out - "That sounds incredibly boring when you say it out loud but have you ever just went on a really long run? It's spiritual."
Bourbon - "Also spiritual. You think about that first sip at the end of a long day. Mmm mm mmm."
accomplishments
"Are achievements and accomplishments not the same thing?"

character history
"If you know anything about my last name I feel like you know everything there is to know about me. I was born into a family that strives for greatness and achieves it. Obviously, because here I am. My name is Keegan Iskander Shacklebot and I was born on the 11th of November back in 1992 in Fnideq, Morocco (also known by its Spanish name, Castillejos). I was the first born to Christopher Shacklebolt, a Hit Wizard that had transferred over to the Moroccan Ministry of Magic from the UK, and Zahra El-Hashem, an Indicible for the Moroccan Ministry of Magic (their equivalent of an Unspeakable). Growing up in Morocco was great. I had a lot of family there, a huge family really, and relatives from all over. You could say there was never a dull moment in my childhood and I never had to want for companionship. Apparently that didn't matter, though. My parents still graced me with a little sister when I was a quarter shy of four years old. As a child I wasn't too fond of her. She was crying all the time, demanding all the attention, stuff that babies typically do that drive first born children like myself insane. Eventually I got over it and started growing closer to my cousins. Audrey always seemed like a baby. You know how kids are, three years is a long time, I couldn't exactly say she was my first pick of playmates. That was then, though. 

When I was around ten my father started this campaign to get us to move to the UK. I wasn't fond of it, Oumi didn't seem very fond of it either but Uncle Kingsley was Minister at the time and he was pretty sure things had calmed down up there. I thought with Oumi on my side there was going to be no way that we were moving but then Dad pulled a few strings and got her a position in the Ministry of Magic. We moved and I wish I could say that I was completely devastated, because I thought I'd be, but it really didn't phase me all that much. It just meant that I was leaving behind my cousins and getting to know new ones, I guess. I was ten, it wasn't like my heart was invested in any relations, you know? The one good thing I can say about the move was that it brought me closer to my sister. For a while she was really the only person I knew. I had met a lot of my cousins from the Shacklebot side but it wasn't like we were best friends or anything. Besides, English wasn't exactly my strong suit at the time and Audrey spoke Arabic so of course I was going to talk to her more than anyone else. 

In 2004 I got my Hogwarts letter and I remember begging Oumi to let me go to Uagadou. I know that she tried to get Dad on our side but it didn't work out. He didn't want us separated and, honestly, I didn't want that either. I guess I more was hoping we'd just move back, but.... Anyway once school started I started coming out of my shell again. My English improved dramatically having to speak it every day. I was pretty good at it before that but after that first year I really started being fluent. My accent even started to fade, funny enough. Well, not funny enough, I practiced by myself all the time. I would try to pay close attention to how things sounded when people said them then I'd say it over and over. Crazy as it probably seemed at the time it worked. By the end of my first year I was feeling like I finally belonged. I stopped writing owls to Oumi begging to have me transfered and I started making friends.

By my second year I was just ready to dive in to the whole Hogwarts experience; I wasn't worried about transferring or moving back. I decided to join the Transfiguration club and then of course the Charms club sounded too good to pass up. Let me tell you, extracurricular activities are addicting. Maybe it's because I'm a social person, I don't know, but I really started immersing myself with them. By the time Audrey joined me my fourth year I was in two clubs as well as the Quidditch team. I know how we Shacklebot's are though and I know that I sort of set a high bar for her without even realizing that I had done it. Not that it mattered, Audrey shares my same blood, she knows the struggle. Ha, struggle, more like addiction. We're all just craving achievements, let's be real here. In fact the rest of my time at Hogwarts I just kept putting more on my plate. I became a Prefect my fifth and sixth year. Joined the yearbook club sixth and seventh. And, of course, had to have that head boy title my final year. My school years were so great, but so, so busy. I had a lot going on all the time with Quidditch and clubs. When I finally graduated I felt so...bored.

I knew for years that I wanted to join the Ministry. Oumi did it. Dad did it. It's a family tradition. I knew that I didn't want to do anything hurtful, like Dad did. I didn't want to be hurting anyone. Aurors, Hit Wizards, those guys are just on a different wave length that I can't get on. I also didn't want a boring desk job. I'm an outdoors-man, I want to be out and about, not sitting behind a desk. Merlin, I'd probably keel over. Give myself a heart attack with how fast I'd be twittiling my thumbs. I knew I wanted something....in the middle? I guess? And once I got down to it the Obliviator route just seemed so clear. I was helping, but not hurting. I was being active and not sitting behind some desk doing paperwork. The training was two years, thought I'd give it a try and I am so glad that I did. In my training I was one of the top students. It came very naturally to me and I was actually passionate about it. I loved the work. After two years I graduated-- top of my class, thank you very much-- and began working full time. That was in 2013. What I failed to mention was that, out of sheer boredom (and also a little over-zealousness) I had decided to enroll at Lufkin University straight out of Hogwarts. Yes. I know. I'm insane. Obliviator training and getting my degree in Psychology was extremely hard work but I enjoy hard work, so it really wasn't so bad. I graduated from there in the Spring of 2015 with a degree in Psychology.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I decided to return to school through the University of Winchester. I double booked myself with classes and managed to graduate a two year program in one. It wasn't that bad, truthfully, especially because I really enjoyed my new major. Well, sort of new major-- I was specializing my Psychology degree, getting into Sports Psychology. As soon as I graduated in the spring of 2016 I knew instantly what I wanted to do. That was around the time that I opened Snidget Youth Quidditch. Originally it had started as something fun I had always wanted to do but it's practically consuming my soul at this point. I got the idea thinking of when I was young-- playing Quidditch with my cousins in Morocco, playing with Audrey-- it really made me miss teaching the sport to someone younger. I love to teach, especially Quidditch, so it seemed like a perfect fit for me. So for a few months I got wrapped up in that until the 16th of July came.

I really hate talking about it, I know for a fact Audrey does too, but it's important. It is the day that the Death Eaters attacked Diagon Alley and, in doing so, attacked my sister. Like I said Audrey and I... we're close. We fight like cats and dogs sometimes but she's my little sister and I love her. When I heard that she was injured I lost it. Don't tell her that, but I did. I lost it. And that wasn't like me to do that. I was there for the aftermath, helping wounded, helping clean up the mess it left behind. In the Ministry it was all hands on deck at that time and it didn't matter if you were an auror or a secretary you got your hands dirty that day. So I saw the carnage and the destruction and while it was sad I was just worried about what was coming next. But afterwards, hearing about Audrey... I was beating myself up a little bit, you know? Maybe if I had been an auror I could have helped her. Or maybe if I hadn't been wrapped up in doing everything myself with Snidget she'd have been helping me with that and not at that book shop with Aunt Lee.

Things started going downhill after that, not with me, with the world. I moved on the best I could, stopped beating myself up, started just being there for her more. We grew kind of close after that, more than we had been as kids really. I started letting her in with Snidget. Merlin, I can't tell you how many times I got free legal advice out of her. Sucker! Anyways, the world around us was sort of falling apart. Durant was killed, the Death Eaters took over the Ministry...things were really scary for a while. I managed to keep my job, had to sort of finesse my way into neutral territory. I had to do whatever it took to keep it and not set off any alarms about my beliefs or my family's beliefs. Even after muggleborn registration hit and Audrey and I joined the Order I kept a low profile. I know our parents weren't too happy about that and I know that I, personally, have strong beliefs as to why I wasn't happy with them for standing idly by, but that's neither here nor there. I know they are just trying to keep their heads down. Or at least that's what I tell myself, whether it's true or not who knows.

Either way I've been pushing forward, working towards greatness no matter what happens. New minister, new plague, whatever comes my way I'm going to overcome it because I am a Shacklebot. And that's just what we do."

parents
Father: Christopher Dion Shacklebolt - pureblood, age 52, Slytherin alum, Hit Wizard
Mother: @zahra (nee El-Hashem) - halfblood, age 52, Uagadou alum, Unspeakable
siblings
Younger Sister: @audrey - halfblood, age 22, Slytherin alum, Lawyer Stuff
children
None As Of Yet
partner
None As Of Yet
other family
Tree Courtesy Of Celestina
Uncle: Kingsley Isaiah Shacklebolt - pureblood, age 54, Ravenclaw alum, former Auror and Minister of Magic
Aunt (by marriage, formerly, but she still counts): @oralee - halfblood, age 48
Cousin: Bryan Kingsley Shacklebolt - halfblood, age 18
Cousin: Oliver Alastor Shacklebolt - halfblood, age 17
Cousin: Josephine Oralee Shacklebolt - halfblood, age 11
Cousin (adopted): Audrey Grace Parr - halfblood, age 5

Aunt: @camilla - pureblood, age 56, Hufflepuff alum, former Auror, Astronomy Professor at University of Bangor, Astronomer, Bangor University Alum (Astronomy, 1990-94)
Uncle (by marriage): @avery - halfblood, age 58, Horned Serpent alum, Arithmancer, Astronomer
Cousin: Emilia Katrin Lindquist - halfblood, age 23, Ravenclaw alum, Lufkin University alum (Law, 2013-2018), Environmental and Natural Resources Division Lawyer
Cousin: Michael Josef Lindquist - halfblood, age 21, Slytherin alum, Lufkin University student (Journalism)

Uncle: Basir Ameqran El-Hashem - halfblood, age 54, Uagadou alum, Indicible for the Moroccan Ministry of Magic
Aunt: Fatimah Adannaya El-Hashem (nee Temitope) - halfblood, age 47, Uagadou alum, Astronomer
Cousin: Haider Aziz El-Hashem - halfblood, age 22, Uagadou alum, Auror for the Moroccan Ministry of Magic
Cousin: Nadir Rayyan El-Hashem - halfblood, age 20, Uagadou alum, Indicible for the Moroccan Ministry of Magic
Cousin: Ayishah Jalila El-Hashem - halfblood, age 18, Uagadou alum, Magical Historian

Uncle: Fouad Idir El-Hashem - halfblood, age 50, Uagadou alum, Hit-Wizard for the Moroccan Ministry of Magic
Aunt: Adrienne Khalilah El-Hashem (nee Bonheur) - halfblood, age 50, Beauxbatons alum, Archivist
Cousin: Brice Asad El-Hashem - halfblood, age 23, Uagadou alum, Auror for the Moroccan Ministry of Magic
Cousin: Julien Ameqran El-Hashem - halfblood, age 20, Uagadou alum, Healer at Casablanca Hospital for Magical Diseases

Uncle: Alberto Fabian Casales - halfblood, age 56, Épée alum, Auror for the French Ministry of Magic
Aunt: Aaliyah Tajeddigt Casales (nee El-Hashem) - halfblood, age 50, Uagadou alum, Healer at Hôpital de Provence pour les Maladies Magiques
Cousin: Ezequiel Faysal Casales - halfblood, age 27, Épée alum, Hit-Wizard for the French Ministry of Magic
Cousin: Gabriel Hossam Casales - halfblood, age 27, Amoureux alum, Nurse at Hôpital de Provence pour les Maladies Magiques
family history
Christopher Dion Shacklebolt was born in London, England as the youngest of three children - his two other siblings being Kingsley Shacklebolt and Camilla Shacklebolt. His parents were Ackerley Shacklebolt and Charlize Shacklebolt (nee Lowe), which meant that Christopher grew up in a pureblood family. That being said, he had been raised to believe that all magical folk were equal, despite their blood status, and that people should be judged and rewarded on a meritocratic basis. All three of the Shacklebolt children, although only two years apart, were sorted into different houses: Camilla into Hufflepuff, Kinglsey into Ravenclaw (like their father), and Christopher into Slytherin (like their mother). At Hogwarts, Christopher discovered he was an excellent duellist and went on to become a Hit-Wizard after graduating. In January 1990, deciding he wanted a change of scenery, Christopher relocated to the Moroccan Ministry of Magic.

Zahra Kahina El-Hashem was born in Fnideq, Morocco as the youngest of two; however, she would soon become a middle sibling. Her siblings were older brother Basir El-Hashem and younger twin siblings Fouad El-Hashem and Aaliyah El-Hashem. Zahra’s parents, Ameqran El-Hashem and Karima El-Hashem (nee Ahmad), were an Indicible (Unspeakable) and a Magical Historian (respectively). They were a large magical family on her father’s side, although Zahra’s maternal grandfather was a muggleborn. Zahra and her siblings, like her parents, attended Uagadou School of Magic in Uganda, where she excelled at Transfiguration (like every Uagadou student) and Alchemy. After graduating, she went on to become an Indicible, like her father, in the Moroccan Ministry of Magic.

It was in the winter of 1990 that she met Christopher Shacklebolt. Zahra was sent to investigate a particularly eerie murder case, and the Hit Wizard that had apprehended the culprit just so happened to be Chris Shacklebolt. They worked on the case together very closely for the next few months, and Chris worked up the courage to ask out Zahra after the trial had ended. The rest, as you might imagine, is history.

other
Celestina style apps are a thing :D
face claim
Michael B. Jordan
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
aye aye capitan!
how did you hear about us?
It was carved in a meteor that struck me from outerspace
roleplay sample
There once was a man from Peru

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 6, 2018 22:22:42 GMT -5

I know he's been sitting a while but he's finally done <3
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Sept 7, 2018 1:30:26 GMT -5

Accepted

To answer Keegan's sass, achievements are like meant to be school achievements, which is why it's grouped with schooling! And then accomplishments are professional accomplishments! SO TAKE THAT, KEEGAN! (rofl)

Your Immunes percent is 42%, so Keegan is going to be sick! Since he works at the Ministry, we will say he got infected on September 4th, which means he would start showing the first symptoms today!