It's like you escaped from a Hallmark card or something.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 8, 2018 14:59:11 GMT -5

Isobel Bronwen Corner
by Quinn
birthday
blood status
Pureblood
sexual orientation
Heterosexual
occupation
Owner of Slug & Jigger Apothecary | Herbologist | Apothecary | Order of the Phoenix
general appearance
Fair haired and tall as an amazonian, perhaps the one thing that Isobel shares with her twin sister Morag is their incredible height. She is slightly shorter than her sister, if only by a quarter inch. She tends to shy away from high heels and extravagant outfits however, preferring instead to wear casual attire, aprons, and sensible flats, as she is most often found in her opulent gardens. There's no denying that she's beautiful - the sort of beauty that she pretends not to notice...which some people (*coughMoragcough*) find terribly annoying. She has brightly colored eyes, a hazel that is the perfect mixture of her mother and her father's coloring. Isobel's shining feature, however, is her smile, which she can generally be found wearing, though she has a rather shy disposition. She has the sort of voice that makes you lean in ever so slightly just to make certain you don't miss a single word.

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Ravenclaw
achievements
"It was a perfectly reasonable time, though I can't say I was much for student body government or Quidditch. I was, however, the Student Leader of the Herbology and Potions Club, as well as a member of Dumbledore's Army."

university
Lufkin University
university major(s)
Herbology
years attended
1999-2003

skills
READING: Isobel loves a good book, particularly nonfiction and historical fiction works generated by the magical community. She always enjoyed History of Magic, herself, and finds reading about the likes of Merlin and Morgana particularly exhilarating.

GARDENING: The garden at Slug & Jigger is impressive, even for an apothecary. Isobel grows all manner of plants and brews what some call the most delightful little concoctions in Diagon Alley. Her at home garden is a sight to behold, too. Extravagant and rare plants decorate her yard with bright colors and visual intrigue. She's particularly proud of it.

PARENTING: Riannon and Pearson have grown up with a very in-touch mother. She is hands-on with her parenting style, often taking them out in the garden to learn responsibility (and the utter joy of gardening!).

POTIONS: As is a MacDougal family trait, Isobel is incredibly adept at crafting and creating potions. As an apothecary, she's always working up something new and exciting at her shop, though she tends to avoid potions in general, at least on the surface level (she's known in some circles to brew wolfsbane for local werewolves)...that's Morag's domain, in her opinion. And she'd be quite distraught if she gave her sister another reason to hate her.

MAKING OTHERS HAPPY: Isobel has always been obsessed with making others happy. She studied so hard at Hogwarts to make her father happy. She was often a teacher's pet and rarely did anything to break the rules. She's always felt very bound by others' opinion of her and would hate for them to think ill of her.

FOLLOWING HER HEART: She has a very strong moral compass and knows what is right and wrong. She wants everyone to like her, but there are some issues that she won't budge on...especially those dealing with purist beliefs and elitism.

SMILING: is not a skill
weaknesses
WORRY WART: Isobel has developed a small wrinkle in-between her eyebrows, the direct by-product of worrying so much after Morag, mostly. Her sister's ideologies are ridiculous in every sense of the word, and Is worries that one day, all of that will catch up with her. They are no better than anyone else in this world just because of the "purity of their blood." Isobel's also a bit of a helicopter mum with her two children. She had a hard time letting Ri go off to Hogwarts a few years ago, but has tried to be better! She writes to them a lot...and watches Pearson like a hawk.

SEEING THINGS FROM OTHERS' POINTS OF VIEW: What's right, is right. Isobel believes that she is no more worthy of magic or a place in society than anyone else. She doesn't believe that being born a pureblood affords her a higher station than anyone else. She has a difficult time putting herself in others' shoes, especially Morag's (mostly because those 4" heels look incredibly daunting). Isobel believes in equality for all - it's the reason that she joined Dumbledore's Army and the reason her and her husband are members of the Order of the Phoenix.

BEING A PUREBLOOD: Isobel has never seen the point in thinking herself superior to anyone else just because she was born into a pureblood family. In her opinion, it doesn't make her any more likely to be successful. People who think that they are entitled to something because of the family that they were born into are ridiculous - Morag, especially. They were both raised in the same home and Isobel just doesn't understand why her twin sister possibly feels the way that she does.

ASTRONOMY: Perhaps the one subject that she really struggled with during her time at Hogwarts, Isobel was always scared to admit to her mother that she was absolute shit at Astronomy (given that was what her mother did for a living). It's the one class that she cheated in...after all, it's easy to group source your star charts for final exams. Especially when the professor gives you a full week to do them.

MORAG: Isobel is actually incredibly jealous of her twin sister. Though it seems like Is has always been the one in the limelight, she craves to go just one day without everyone fawning all over her. In her opinion, Morag always had it easier. There weren't those awful expectations that she had to live up to.
positive traits
APPRECIATIVE - BENEVOLENT - CALM - CARING - EMPATHETIC - FOCUSED - GENTLE - HARDWORKING - IDEALISTIC - INTELLIGENT - PROTECTIVE - SENTIMENTAL - SOCIABLE - WISE
negative traits
ANXIOUS - CAUTIOUS - DELICATE - IRRITABLE - JEALOUS - MAWKISH - NAIVE - OBSESSIVE (especially about her garden) - (sometimes) TOO PRIM & PROPER - SHY - VULNERABLE
hobbies/interests
Gardening - Spending time with her Children - Writing to (and being ignored by) her twin sister, Morag - Order of the Phoenix Meetings - Baking cookies + brownies - Watching muggle home and garden shows - Traveling with Michael (they take at least one trip a year with the kids) - Social gatherings, though she's particularly fond of cocktails and appetizers - Worrying after Morag - Hosting friends and family for parties and get-togethers - Warm knit blankets - Nonfiction works of the magical variety - Historical fiction novels, particularly those dealing with Camelot and Excalibur - Cooking - Worrying after Morag - Flowers, particularly mums and garden roses - Brewing Wolfsbane (she does some good samaritan work for the local werewolves in town) - Did I mention worrying after Morag?
accomplishments
Proud mother of two very smart and caring children. She says this is the only accomplishment that really matters.

character history
My sister will tell you that the most important thing about her birth was that she was born into a pure family. But I've never thought that was the case. To me, it was always that we were born to two parents who loved one another.

I'm a twin - Morag Bletchley's twin, to be more specific. When I was born, she had fair hair and I had dark, but it didn't take long for that to shift. Within a few years, we were easily distinguishable by our differences in both appearance and attitude. I liked flowers and gardening and books. She liked shoving people into the dirt and laughing because "they were beneath her." I couldn't understand it, really I couldn't. Try as I might, read as much as I could, and I was still baffled by how my sister and I could be so utterly different. I noticed it when we were younger. People paid attention to me. The fair-haired beauty, daughter of Talfryn and Riannon...they would dote on me and place little angel hair kisses on top of my head. Morag was lucky if she got a pat on the head. Sometimes I tried to talk to her about it, but...well, let's just say the one-sided rivalry started early.

Hogwarts came next for the MacDougal twins. I was sorted first and straight into Ravenclaw I fell. It wasn't that surprising given that mother, too, had been a Ravenclaw. Of course, Morag was next and the hat barely touched her head before it yelled out Slytherin as loudly as it could. I remember tearing up right then. I was so distraught that we would be separated. My womb-mate, my very dear sister, however, bounded off of the stool and straight into her new "family" as if she'd never even known that she had a twin. I was a little heartbroken. I suppose it was naive of me to think that Hogwarts might have mended our broken little relationship. I should have seen then that Morag was already too far down that path of hers. Anyway, she had Ellis and I had...well, books. Books and Herbology. And Michael, of course, but all that comes later.

I thought that I was going to have a normal few years, but as soon as Harry Potter walked on stage, the whole room went silent. You could hear a pin drop. We all knew who he was - Morag and I especially. Our parents hadn't held back any of what had happened all those years ago. Instead of normalcy, the next few years were about studying hard and trying to ignore the ever-looming sense that something was horribly, horribly wrong. A lot of people didn't believe Harry when he said that the Dark Lord was back, but I did...and it frightened me. It frightened a lot of us. Things changed after that - people around us made choices. Ellis, especially. The mark of his arm couldn't be ignored, but it made my stomach feel sour.

Our seventh year at Hogwarts should have been the end. We were supposed to graduate. But instead of focusing on my studies, I felt like I couldn't breathe. Snape and his lot were running the school - they were ruining everything that was near and dear to my heart. It was about this time that Michael and I grew closer. With his relationships with Ginny and Cho over, we had more time to focus on our friendship. He was the one who made sure I made it through. He was the one that showed me the resurgence of Dumbledore's Army when I needed it most that year. I tried to tell Morag...I tried to show her, but she wouldn't listen. She was sitting on a throne made of glass, but Harry Potter was the one to cast the last stone.

The Battle of Hogwarts came and went and with it, all Morag's hopes of living in a society that treated her like the Queen she thought she was seemed to dissipate. I was happy to have things back to normal, but I worried after my sister. Michael and I grew closer that final, final year. Leaning on each other when the going got tough. He would often find me in the Transfiguration Courtyard, mulling over the plants there, trying to sort out my thoughts. He understood - we all did. We'd lost something that day. A part of ourselves...an innocence that we could never get back. But we'd also gained a sense of self. I knew who I wanted to be after that.

Morag went to Bangor, and I decided on Lufkin. For once in my life, it was my decision to stray further from her. For once, I needed the space. Michael chose to go professional Quidditch, and we kept in touch via letters over the next few years. I started working at Slug & Jigger, keeping a garden, and studying in-between all of that. It kept me busy. Sometimes, I would owl Morag, just to check on her. Sometimes, I would owl Ellis. There were rarely any responses.

I graduated in 2003, just around the time Michael decided to retire from pro Quidditch and join Harry Potter in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement as an Auror. It was about that time that we decided to meet up for coffee and hit it off. We were married shortly thereafter and in a few years, we welcomed our daughter Riannon into the world. My goal was to always be transparent with her...to always tell her why things are the way that they are and then let her make her own decisions. If she chose to see things like Morag, then so be it, but I wanted to show her that there was a world out there - a world that included muggles and muggleborns - that deserved our love just as much as any other. After all, all plants can grow if given the same love and attention. We welcomed our second child, Pearson, in 2012. A bright young child with a vivacious love for life and animals, Pearson is a light in the dark times. Both of our children are, really.

Michael and I ended up buying Slug & Jigger after a few years and raising our children there while I worked. It was just as easy as being a stay-at-home mother, only I was doing what I loved: helping people. I met up with werewolves who were suffering during Durant's registrations and helped them brew Wolfsbane in secret. I tended to those who were searching for alternative medicine when they couldn't afford to go to the hospital. I taught my children that people were people, despite their color or their creature category.

We joined the Order of the Phoenix when things went South with Durant. The Diagon Alley attack hit too close to home. We did it to protect our children, but also to protect those who can't protect themselves. I only hope that this year might be the year that I convince Morag of the same thing.

parents
Father: Talfryn Urien MacDougal - pureblood, age 72, Slytherin alum, Potioneer
Mother: Riannon Elen MacDougal (née Brown) - pureblood, age 68, Ravenclaw alum, Astronomer
siblings
Older Brother: Ellis Ianto MacDougal - pureblood, age 41, Slytherin alum, Potioneer, Death Eater
Twin Sister: @morag (née MacDougal) - pureblood, age 38, Slytherin alum, Gossip for Vexed, Potioneer
children
Daughter: Riannon Corner - halfblood, 12, Hufflepuff Student, Future Chaser
Son: Pearson Corner - halfblood, 6
partner
Husband: Michael Corner - halfblood, 38, Ravenclaw alum, ex-Auror, Coach of the Kenmare Kestrals, Order of the Phoenix
other family
Yes, there's a family tree floating around here somewhere!
family history
The MacDougal family is a pureblood family that has lived in Wales since approximately the tenth century. Most of their records show that they weren't strictly pureblood - somewhere between "all magical folk are equal" and "but you're not good enough for my daughter, muggleborn." Nevertheless, over the years, these ideals became diluted. This was mostly a byproduct of the MacDougals associating more with lesser known pureblood families as opposed to what would one day become known as the Sacred Twenty-Eight. These families included the Urquarts, the Browns, the Blishwicks, and the Maxes, among many others. Most MacDougals were raised with ideals of a good work ethic, perseverance, and the importance of family, which meant that the majority were sorted into Slytherin, with a smattering of Ravenclaw here and there.

Talfryn Urien MacDougal was born the youngest of three siblings - the other two being his older sisters, Morwenna and Brownen. The three children had a very magical and loving upbringing, although that is not to say they weren't raised with some patterns reminiscent of pureblood ideology. Their father, Bran, was especially insistent that they keep well away from the Muggle world and, as they got older, encouraged them to seek magical partners ("for the sake of the Statute of Secrecy, of course"). Like his sisters, Talfryn was sorted into Slytherin while he was at Hogwarts.

After Hogwarts, Talfryn went on to study Potionology at the University of Bangor. The MacDougals were, historically, academics and especially skilled at Potions and Alchemy. He was just finishing up his degree when he met Riannon Brown, a former Ravenclaw that was just starting her Astronomy degree.

Riannon Elen Brown was born into a very modest pureblood family that, while they had a tendency to follow traditions, did not agree with pureblood supremacy ideals. The Brown family was smattered all over the United Kingdom, but a great deal of them were in Wales. She was the oldest of three siblings - the other two being her sister, Geneva, and her brother, Samuel. Riannon was the only Ravenclaw out of the three, while both Geneva and Samuel were sorted into Gryffindor. She was constantly the sore thumb in the family, enjoying her books and Astronomy, while her siblings both went on to take more adventurous jobs: Geneva became a Dragonologist and Samuel became a Curse-Breaker. After Hogwarts, she enrolled into the Astronomy program at the University of Bangor. It was in her first year that she met the almost-graduated Talfryn MacDougal, who seemed to be enchanted by her. She made him put in a great deal of effort, but if Riannon was being honest, he had won her over pretty early on.

other
Someone please stop me, I am out of control.
face claim
Blake Lively
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
Nope
how did you hear about us?
Nope
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff