half-blood, eighth Veela
sexual orientation
pan
occupation
Healer-in-Training, St. Mungo's
Reserve Seeker for Holyhead Harpies
general appearance
Veela-blonde, Weasley-freckled.

An eighth isn't really much-- she doesn't have the glow of her mother or her cousins, and her blonde hair is ruddier than the usual silver-gold. she likes to claim in the dead of winter, it has the slightest strawberry tint before the sun burns it blonde again. Her eyes are blue, yes, but that's more likely to be the Weasley, as it's paler blue than her mother's-- more of the blue in the center of a flame, hot and brilliant.

Speaking of that part of the family, it really didn't go down without a fight. Of the Devonshire clan, she might have been the first Weasley to not be a redhead in living memory, but she certainly sunburns like one. Her freckles may be lighter, but they still scatter themselves widely around face and body. It's not as prominent as Dominique's, but. . . well.  

She grows her nails long, and rather likes to sharpen and paint them. 

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Ravenclaw 
achievements
RAVENCLAW QUIDDITCH TEAM:
SEEKER:
2011 - 2017 (Second through Seventh)

CAPTAIN: 2014 - 2015 school year. She either resigned or lost the position, depending on who you ask.

Thirty-one consecutive days earning detentions in her Seventh year.

Somehow survived the Hogwarts lockdown, mostly by nesting in with cousins and siblings.

OWLs and NEWTs

No Prefect Badge

Has introduced seven new riddles to the doorknocker

Accidentally bullshitted her way to an answer of a riddle several times when out past curfew

university
hahahaha with what time
university major(s)
not languages. certainly not
years attended
maybe in like thirty once she can't play Quidditch anymore

skills
OVERPROTECTIVENESS:  yes, Dom, that's a skill because if you get hurt you know I'm going to murder absolutely everyone involve. 

MAGICAL LANGUAGES: Two in particular, though she's still rather low-level in them. Her accent's unmistakably Human, but she's far more comfortable in Vila and Gobbledegook than say, French or Arabic. Not that this is a True Skill, but she's proud of them.

QUIDDITCH: She played as a Seeker, and was Captain for a single glorious year. She certainly didn't take over Near-Uncle @wood , certainly not. 

POKER FACE: It might be the result of being the oldest child, or being @feorge 's niece, but she's able to lie baldfaced that of course she didn't know who set off the Weasleys' Wildfire Whizbangs the other month, really, she barely noticed they even went off until someone had to point them out. 

STUBBORNNESS, DETERMINATION, AND GRIT: She's a Weasley. Enough said.

A MEAN HOOK PUNCH, A MEAN BAT-BOOGEY: She's ambidextrous. Maman taught her to punch, Aunt Ginny taught her to hex. 

PLAYING UP THE VEELA CHARM: It might be only a glitter and barely there because she is far more not-Veela than Veela, but she can easily work with what she has.

FIRE MAGIC AND TEMPERATURES: It may be her ancestry, it may be her being stubborn enough to stand out in the rain and sit close to the fire to build up the latter. She's no fabled Elemental and she can't hold fire like a true Veela, but fire spells and heat tolerance are a thing. 

PUSHING THROUGH:
Quidditch matches with Victoire Weasley tend to get bloody and painful, only some of it hers. It's pretty common to see her streaking through the air, a blur of blonde hair and bloody face.
weaknesses
FAMILY:  she's a Weasley after all.

NONMAGICAL SPOKEN LANGUAGES:  She doesn't know how that's possible, really, but her tongue and mind can't wrap around everything. They stumble, it's slower, and she often has to defer to younger relatives to translate. 

RUNES: You'd think with a Curse-Breaker for a father and @fleur for a mother, she'd be better at this. She isn't. "Don't say anything, Dom--"

CLEITHROPHOBIC: She's able to manage it a lot better than she used to, but she's on edge if she'd in a small area without being able to leave. She needs open air, she needs freedom. Hallways are fine, closets aren't. It's not claustrophobia, just similar. 

TEMPER: She'd blame being a Weasley, being the barest bit of Veela, but as it is, she's developed a scorching one. 

INSECURITY: So what that she's a bloody good Seeker, that's all she's been good at, she's only pretty because she's her mother's daughter-- 

TRUSTING: That's what Vic does. She trusts people she loves.

GRUDGE-HOLDING: Until she doesn't.
positive traits
ACTIVE  ADAPTABLE  ADVENTUROUS  ATHLETIC  CHARISMATIC  CLEVER  COMPASSIONATE  DISCIPLINED  FLEXIBLE  FOCUSED  HARDWORKING  LOYAL  OBSERVANT  PASSIONATE  PRINCIPLED  RESOURCEFUL 
negative traits
AGGRESSIVE (on the pitch)  ARGUMENTATIVE  CYNICAL ESCAPIST   METHODICAL  OBSESSIVE  OUTSPOKEN  OVERPROTECTIVE  PEDANTIC PERFECTIONIST ❂ PUGNACIOUS SARCASTIC STUBBORN 
hobbies/interests
QUIDDITCH ❂ RESEARCHING  DIVING  HEIGHTS  ORGANIZING  HELPING PEOPLE
accomplishments
the first Devon Weasley of her generation, and she survived through it all.

Signed to Holyhead Harpies as a Reserve Seeker out of Hogwarts she's fairly certain it had something to do with her family

There's gonna be more. She knows it. eventually.

character history
"I'm born on the first anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts, and so my parents, young and sappy, decided to name me Victoire. It's not a bad name, admittedly-- it honors sacrifice, and I'm sure it's not a total coincidence my name's similar to Viktor Krum's. Better Victoire than Fredericka, some variant of Remus twisted to be a girl's name, or Nymphadora, at least. Or others-- I know my father and uncles lost friends in the Battle, and even more during that year of War.

I'm the oldest, other than Teddy, of course. But I'm the first born after the war, and . . .that means something, apparently. Some symbol of hope, but I think that's ridiculous. Better the kids born during, because otherwise you've just celebrated a lot. Or pled your belly, because apparently that was also a thing. 

I'm off-topic. Anyway, my childhood was pretty normal, for a Devonshire Weasley. Dad maybe has hopes to start a Cornwall branch, but we're the Weasleys from Devon, after all. I almost spent more of my childhood at the Burrow than at Shell Cottage. I disappointed my parents in that I could barely learn enough French to talk to most of Maman's mostly-human family. I made them proud when I somehow picked up gobbledegook. Maman was incredibly proud of me when we found out Vila sunk in. We still don't really know how that happened-- magical languages are harder than the nonmagical languages. And Vila is best spoken with a belly of fire, a beak-- in other words, Vila is best spoken by a Veela, much like Gobbledegook is best spoken by a goblin. But where I was slow with human languages, I took to languages not made by humans the best. Not to say I'm actually good at the languages, mind-- I've been told my accent is dreadful and painful, and there are syllables I can't make without Transfiguring my throat, but I can fumble my way through them more than I can with French.

Anyway, I digress. 

Dominique was born when I was four or so, and Louis two or so years after. I caught dragon pox around then, we really don't know how. I still blame Uncle Charlie, never mind that he'd been in Brazil the months before, and was in Romania at the time. I didn't get pockmarks, though the greenish bit took some time to fade. Maman's family influence, I think. I managed to convince many of my younger cousins I was a Metamorphmagus, but very unpracticed. When the green faded, I had almost more cousins than I could count and Shacklebolt had been forced from office. Uncle Ron and Aunt Ginny's friends had also been . . .it's mad. How could they have destabilized harry Potter, and so quickly? I mean, he defeated Voldemort, and everyone saw that them trying to take him down didn't work the first time Voldemort rose.

Anyway, family. The Weasleys and Prewetts spread themselves pretty far and while i don't claim to know all of them, I've certainly met a lot. The thing about having a large family is you get to play Quidditch, often and loudly. And no family plays Quidditch like a Weasley. Like Uncle Charlie and Aunt Ginny, I did well as a Seeker, though I took rather more after Uncle Charlie in that I was best as a Seeker. i'm no second coming of him, of course-- that's Harry Potter, but I was certainly good enough to make the Ravenclaw Quidditch team as soon as I was allowed to. It was, of course, incredibly lonely at first to be in Hogwarts-- going from all the Weasleys to being the only one there. I had friends of course-- other Order kids, some more distant cousins. It was different than home, though. I missed it so much, and it wasn't fair that I'd be so old when Dominique finally joined me. 

And I wasn't Gryffindor. That was a shock-- not only was I blonde, but I wasn't Gryffindor. But it seems things are a square when you're a Weasley, and you just usually just happen to get all four. I only got half of it, but it seems I started a trend of not hitting the full square. Dom did, of course, Dom does everything right.

Anyway. Some of my cousins then started trickling in the next year, and even more Order kids. I'm at Hogwarts, and while my parents tell me a lot, I don't. . .well the rumors about Death Eaters serving victims seemed ridiculous. Someone kills your family, you don't let them into your house. There was the fire of course-- that was my last year. And look, I know people are fractured, but kids in Hogwarts are just that-- kids. You don't know if they've done anything, if they will. Then Deacon and @adeline get attacked for it. Tortured. For hours, and we don't find out until later. If you ask me, Winslow Strike deserved something more than a Dementorless Azkaban. Not to say she deserved Dementors, but what she did--

I'm sorry. Anyway. The Diagon Alley attacks.Well. . .we weren't there, because we got our supplies early and didn't feel like shopping that day. I mean, the book lists hadn't came yet, but we'd had an idea of what we needed. Dad's pretty good at things like that. But it was awful, horrible. Felt like a curse to the gut, especially hearing about McGonagall. I'm pretty sure it's a Weasley trait to love and fear her. Then Hogwarts again, and there was another coup. Wentzell took power after killing Durant.

You know what happened next. It wasn't too important, all the in-betweens, not compared to the larger picture. The lockdown, which drove me mad-- I've a fear of being trapped, really, and what was the lockdown other than that? Then we were let go, and I started as a Healer-in-training and I got signed to the Harpy reserves. I think Aunt Angelina or Aunt Ginny might have had something to do with that.

And the sickness thing. I came down with it, not that it matters. I mean, it does matter, but I'm just one among thousands. Except that was both my career and my back-up."

parents
@fleur , Bill Weasley 
siblings
@dominique , Louis Weasley
children
"no thanks, I'm too young."
partner
other family
All Weasleys, some Delacours, a good amount of Veela, a fair amount of Prewetts, LaFée

Appolline Delacour, née LaFée 
Marius Delacour (Muggleborn)
family history
As all children born into Britain's magical world know, the Weasleys are an enormously large family, with more branches than one knows what to do with. Arthur hails from the Devonshire branch, the best-known for their more recent adventures, as well as for their former poverty. There was some scandal some decades ago when a Black daughter ran off with one of the Devon sons, as the family is considered the worst of the worst of the pureblood blood traitors, and there's rarely a Weasley who isn't proud of that epithet. Full-hearted and open-minded, the Weasleys make loyal friends and at-times dangerous enemies.

While the Prewett family might originate from Wales, the better known members live in England. Typically seen as more accepted than the usual run of blood traitor, they nonetheless have a reputation for fighting for what is commonly referred to as the "light", and tend to turn out powerful and respected warriors. While Prewetts might often choose the underdog Quidditch team to throw themselves into, they do with with passion and courage. With a smile or a snarl on their lips, a Prewett is fearsome on the field and best not to be underestimated at any cost, as the enemies of Gideon, Fabian, and Molly have learned far too belatedly.

The Delacour line arose in Brittany, France. There was rumored to be some relation to court-men, based off the name, and likely there indeed was, no matter how distant. A thoroughly Muggle line, there was great shock when one of the sons turned out to have a gift for magic. Like many things, his ancestry was kept quiet-- he was, after all, born shortly after the downfall of Grindelwald, and France had been hit hard by wars both magical and Muggle. It was easier to keep his heritage quiet, and it certainly did come in handy when he met the in-laws of his elder daughter, and he was able to avoid the storm of questions that might have otherwise popped up.

The LaFée side of the family is something else, however. Already inhabitants of the mountains when the adventurers stumbled upon them, the LaFée family of the forested mountains is something other than purely human. The family mixes freely with magical creatures and the children of the marriages are as beautiful and strange as their parents. Part Veela, part vampire, part woodland elf, goblin, Erkling, and/or what-have-you-- no one's truly quite sure what the mix is, but without fail, LaFée children possess a mage's magic with hints of Other, and have not yet been known to produce a Squib. Apolline's Veela mother might be the source from which she drew the brunt of her appearance, but her mage father was certainly more part-human than not.

other
Beginner French, Beginner Gobbledegook, Intermediate Vila
face claim
McKenna Knipe
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
yes
how did you hear about us?
bees?
roleplay sample

KILL BILL SIRENS IN THE DISTANCE