birthday
blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
Straight
occupation
Student; Avalon Ballet Student Intern
general appearance
Placed on the short side, she reaches a grand height of only 4’ 11” and hasn’t grown since her third year. While short, her frame is willowy, her proportions leaning towards longer legs and arms with a shorter torso. At the very least, her weight is roughly proportional to her height, even if it makes her look younger, at least till you see her face.  Her natural hair is a very dark brown color and at the current moment it hands in loose waves chopped off a bit above her shoulders. However, she has a habit of dyeing it in bright colors whenever dance allows it - often changing it up quite frequently. 

former school
Hogwarts
former house
TBD
achievements
Avalon Intern: 2018 - present

Avalon Ballet Student: 2011 - present

House Quidditch Team: 2014 - present

university
N/A
university major(s)
N/A
years attended
N/A

skills
  • Dance - "When I started dance classes, I was enrolled in ballet. It was what my mom did. But after a few years, the instructor recommended enrolling me in jazz class. From then on I did both. Over the years I've dabbled in a few different styles and with my career goal, I know I had to keep up with at least a handful in classes. However, if I had to pick one, if I could only do one, it would be jazz."
  • Athletics - "I thought about saying Quidditch but I don't know if I'm good enough to list it as a skill. I think it is just more than I can keep up. You have to be pretty fit to keep up in dance so between the practices and workouts I tend to be able to hold my own fairly well. I just think I'm far better at the brawn than the brain."
  • Potions - "If I had to pick the class I thought I was best at it would definitely be potions. I kind of suck at everything else. Well, I don't suck suck - I haven't flunked out yet, but like I am no all-star student. But I can hold my own in potions - maybe because I can look a list of ingredients. Not much studying required there. Or at least I don't?"
  • Memorization - "Mostly muscle memory, but I'm pretty good at remembering other things when I care. I think in my case it is more of a practice thing than an innate skill but whatever. It isn't like I'd get away with forgetting a routine in the middle of a show.  Any instructor would have my hide. But I mean it does help in other things. I could probably remember a lot more if I wanted to. It is more that I just don't care much about school work. Occasionally there is a something I'm interested though. Enough to keep my grades semi-decent."
  • Climbing - "Dad used to call me Monkey. Okay, not really but I could pull it off. Minus the hair. I've always liked climbing. Mum always had to yell at me to come down from this one tree in our backyard. I'd love to go rock climbing one day. That seems like it would be really fun."
  • Attention - "I don't know if this counts as a skill but I'm pretty good at getting attention. Like that is fine when I'm on the stage but I don't really know what to do with it off? I'm not a good talker so I guess I could just be the guy who like, taps on the fancy wine glass with the fork... knife... spoon? err whatever they use to just a room's attention before someone else talks? Or I'll just lurk to the side?"
weaknesses
  • Public Speaking - "I utterly suck at it. I don't have stage fright or anything like that it is just I don't know what to say or do? I guess I could fix the what to say by planning ahead - if someone wrote it for me. I'm not good at words? And like, what are you supposed to do with your hands when you talk?"
  • Multitasking - "I just can't do more than one thing at a time. Never could. I'd get distracted and forget one or all of them. It just isn't a good idea. I'll get something done far better and faster if I only have one task on the brain at a time. It is why I'm bad a planning. I can't think long term. Need the details. Can't see the big picture. Makes me look a bit clueless but I try!"
  • Astronomy - "I tired. I did. I dropped it at the start of my sixth year. I flunk the O.W.L.s and wasn't down for that life and wasn't really alowed to keep doing it. Maybe I am a sucky witch but I see absolutely nothing in the sky. I couldn't point out the Ursa Major from Pegasus."
  • Fashion - "I tend to just throw on whatever in my closet I find first that seems comfy. I struggle immensely at putting together an outfit for formal events that go with current trends? Once again, this might have been something that would go better if I cared? Right now I have friends who are willing to handle that struggle and I'm just told what to wear in dance, so whatever."
  • Storms - "I really don't like storms. Like the rain is fine. Water is fine. It is when you get thunder and lightning that I just want to nope. Thunder and lightning terrify me. I really don't like letting that show. Not many people know. But sometimes it is kind of hard to hide. Everyone has their fears right?"
positive traits
  • Brave - "I just don't mind trying new things. I've never been one to let fear hold me from doing things. If I want to do it, I'll do it. It means I get to do a whole lot of neat things. I likely wouldn't gotten on a stage the first time without and look - I love it now."
  • Cheerful - "I tend to be a bright person. I don't get upset a lot and when I do I don't like to show it. I'd really just rather everything be happy. You know? Sunshine? Rainbows and puppies? I just think it is a better outlook than being sad all the time."
  • Independent - "I mean look, I know I don't have to do everything alone but I like to. I can and I'd rather not bother others with my problems if I can avoid it. It just makes me free because I don't have to rely on anyone."
  • Loyal - "I'm not that hard to get close to and I trust pretty easy so I make quite a few friends. But I'm not quite as easy to get rid of I guess? I don't like anyone messing with my friends and family. I'll take their side over everything."
  • Realistic - "I'm a glass half full kind of person. But I'm also a glass half empty kind of person. All I know is the content of the glass is at the half way point,  it doesn't matter if it had been going up or down. I'd rather just use the facts."
negative traits
  • Reckless - "Sometimes I take the brave thing a bit to far. I tend to not think before I do things and it tends to blow up a lot. Literally. I'm not that great of a student in potions. I'm the kind that goes 'oh I wonder what would happen if I added this?' It resulted in a few explosions and quite a lot of detentions."
  • Evasive - "Errr.... I don't like confronting problems. I really hate it. I'd rather just left things solve themselves. I hate picking sides. I'm fine at small scale things. I can say I want one food over the other.  It is just... big things. A lot of those politically loaded questions? I think I'm scared of being on the wrong end?"
  • Oblivious - "I don't notice things easily. I could really just walk straight past a glowing a neon yellow sign that flashed and I wouldn't notice it. A lot of times people have to tell me something happened or someone meant something."
  • Flamboyant - "I'm a bit over the top. I talk with my hands and I go up and over with everything. Glitter and cherry on top. Probably comes from my energy. Or maybe because I love attention."
  • Tackless - "Yup. Not good with words or things like that. I can be a shoulder to cry on but like I can do much good with making someone feel better."
hobbies/interests
  • Dance
  • Quidditch 
  • Running
  • Music
  • Collects Chocolate Frog Cards religiously
  • Poker
accomplishments
N/A

character history
“I’m Marigold Wren Moore - my parents like old sounding names, what can I say? When I was born, I already had an older sister, two years older than me - I think I got the better side of the deal, her name is Winifred. A lot of people call me Ari. This is after they tried Goldie but that made me feel like an eighty-year-old lady. And there are far too many Marys already. I thought about using my middle name for a bit but that seems just as old. Ari works fine, even if not everyone uses it. I was born back in 2001, on Christmas Eve. People always assume I don’t like it but actually I really do. I love Christmas. Everything is so bright and cheerful. It is always so much bigger of a deal than your average birthday and I get to leech of that spirit. Plus I can be home with family if I want on my birthday while a lot of my friends don’t, though sometimes I do want to stay at school during the holidays.

“Only a year after I was born, my mom, Nathalia, has my brother who they named Edmund - I think he got the longest stick in regards to names. I have no clue how my parents managed three children under the age four at once, salute to them. I know I was chaos. I remember I had this little toy broomstick. When I was like five I managed to talk my dad into letting me try his actual broom. He was a Quidditch coach. I failed horribly at flying it. I crashed into a tree and broke both the broom and my arm. Mom was so mad at me and dad. I wasn’t allowed on an actual broom for years. Or at least I wasn’t supposed to be. I um… well, I snuck into the shed once to use my dad’s replacement broom. I broke that one too.

"At that point, I was six and my mom decided I needed something to do to get out my energy. She signed me up for dance classes. She told me she used to dance. When she was younger. But she screwed up a muscle in her back so she had to stop. I think she wanted to live through us or something. I guess that’s why she signed me up for dance, not something else. She had tried to get Winifred to do dance lessons too, but after a few months, it was clear she didn’t like it and Mom let her stop. I was really bad at first. I think my teacher wanted me to quit. But even though I was bad, I really liked it. I stuck with it. I think that made mom happy enough to forgive the two broken brooms. And a happy mom meant my dad was fine with it too.

“When I got older I started to get to play mock games with my dad - on actual brooms, and by that time I had enough coordination not to crash into a tree. I even got to go to practices with dad and watch the team play. Mom didn’t like that growing fascination though, but I hadn’t broken anything again, so she didn’t protest too much.

“I got my letter to Hogwarts right on time. I couldn’t get over how excited I was. I was going to Hogwarts! Finally. I had spent the last two years seeing my sister off to the station and now it was my turn. I insisted on buying my supplies and my wand as soon as we got the letter. I got a wand! Hogwarts was like a dream! I admit that my original dream hadn’t included quite so much homework as this one did, but it was dream nonetheless. There was even a dance club I could join to keep up my practice at school! I think they meant it more for the interns, but hey, I learned a lot from the older students so I had no regret.

“The first  few years were great. They went by so smoothly and then one day in third year there was this fire. It only targeted the purebloods but I was so scared. When it happened you didn’t think about the connections those people had. I didn’t even think of it afterward. I didn’t notice until someone else pointed it out. I was only thirteen. It was so scary. No one got caught. I think that that was what scared me the most. That someone could get away with doing something like that. Even if they didn’t like what was going on, those were children! We hadn’t done anything wrong. But then at the end of the year, one seventh year, she attacked two of the Potter kids. One was a year older than me. One was a year younger. The girl got life in the camps.

“Fourth year though. Well, if third year wasn’t enough of a grow-up kind of moment, this year was. News reached the school fairly quick. The ministry was taken over. There was so much death. They took over the school too. And they wouldn’t let us go home at the end of the year. At this point, I just wanted to go home. Mom and Dad wrote a lot. Eventually, we got to go home. Mom and Dad didn’t want to send us back but we had to have some form of education and to run away, well it wouldn't look good on us. But I was more scared of what would happen if we didn’t go back -  to run away, well it wouldn't look good on us. It was really empty next year. Well, not really I guess. Muggleborns weren’t that common but like, you still noticed they weren’t there. Especially the ones you knew - in your own year and the surrounding ones. I think it would have been far less noticeable if they just hadn't taken muggleborns in as first years but whoever does subtly now a days?”

parents
Raye Moore (46) and Nathalia Moore née Nelson (49)
siblings
Winifred Moore (19) and Edmund Moore (15)
children
N/A
partner
N/A
other family
N/A
family history
Both the Moore and Nelson family were families of halfbloods standing for the past two centuries or so, though they both originated from muggle trees if one cared to look far enough back. Nowadays, neither family has anything to do with any possible distant muggle relations and it has been long enough that all but the most intense families would have likely forgotten about their origin as the two families both certainly have. Both also tend to be relatively non-obtrusive families, far preferring to hover by the sidelines than make a big deal of themselves

Ray was the youngest of four children and grew up completely immersed in the wizarding world while Nathalia, the oldest of two, had a muggleborn mother and therefore dabbled a bit more in the muggle world than her future spouse. While the two did in fact attend Hogwarts at the same time, Nathalia’s last years overlapping Raye’s first few years the two did not officially meet until Raye started to play quidditch for the team that Nathalia was hired to market for. They hit it off well and started to date within a year and were married within three. However, busy with their respective careers, children did not enter the picture until six years after they were married with the birth of their first child - Winifred.

other
N/A
face claim
amanda arcuri
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
Yes
how did you hear about us?
Err affiliate I think?
roleplay sample
Previous member? Do I need one?

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Oct 16, 2018 23:49:33 GMT -5

You should note that Daria Sidorchuk is not a signed model to any agencies so she cannot be accepted as a FC! Let me know if you need help finding another one!
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Nov 24, 2018 20:45:28 GMT -5

Pending!

Hi hi!

1) With a birthday on Christmas Eve, she would actually be fifteen right now, not sixteen!

2) In her weaknesses, she says that she took astronomy as elective for two years. But astronomy is not an elective course. It’s a core course that needs to be taken for the first five years at Hogwarts, until after her OWLs!

3) In her history there’s a comment about her parents having three kids under the age of three, but if her sister was two when she was born, then by the time Edmund was born, Winifred wouldn’t be under three anymore, she would be four.

4) So as a first sign of magic, summoning his broom doesn’t quite work. As per the Wiki:

Magical children are prone to using magic accidentally when feeling angry, scared, or confused, as a form of self-defence. They typically have no control over this magic.

Great examples of that are the ones we hear from Harry — ending up on the roof when Dudley and his friends were chasing him, his hair growing back after Aunt Petunia gave him a horrible haircut, or even Neville getting pushed out the window by his uncle and bouncing away instead of hitting the ground. It’s uncontrollable, so she couldn’t just summon his broom!

5) You say that the fire that happened in Hogwarts on Halloween happened in her third year, but it would have been her second year!

6) So then the last paragraph about her fourth year would actually be about her third year.

7) You also mention that her parents wanted to homeschool the kids, but under Minister Wentzell’s regime, homeschooling was banned and her parents would have known that!

That’s it!
Marigold Moore
Marigold Moore Avatar
37 posts
17 years old
7th Year
Beater

Avalon School of Ballet Intern
Server at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Hufflepuff
played by Nichole
""