Bishops Knife Trick || Dima

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 18, 2018 15:17:31 GMT -5

@dima
 Waking up in the morning was at times a struggle for Olivette. She knew she couldn’t get away with hiding in her dorm. Her head of house would likely come looking for her if one of the other professors came looking for her. She was not exactly keen on missing out on classes either. She did enjoy learning and she preferred to be constantly learning or at work with an assignment or two. It was just the initial struggle of getting out of bed in the morning. Within the weather getting cooler at the school and snow just around the corner, the bed was so much warmer and more inviting. But she knew it was no way to spend a day.

She wasn’t even sick, far from it, she was relatively healthy, which was a good sign given that she spent a lot of time around sick patients at St Mungo’s. But good news she seemed at no risk of falling sick to the epidemic at least. She had seen first had the effect it had had on propel and she was scared of losing her magic. For her it would present many challenges like being unable to fly and she didn’t know what she would do if she was no longer able to fly. She loved being on the house team and she was proud of it. She was the daughter of former Quidditch player and she wanted to continue that legacy. Really she was continuing both her parent’s legacies with what she was pursuing. She was proud of that.

The witch finished up in the bathroom and got changed before she checked in her bag, she had all that she needed for her morning classes. She had a free period later in the day so she could return to her dorm to grab any books she was missing. Vet grabbed her house tie which she would tie once she got downstairs. It was her usual routine and she wasn’t only one who got to the great hall for breakfast with a half done school tie. People even forgot their robes at times. She made her way downstairs brushing off her robes. Someone must have had lint on their robes in her dorms as when the house elves return it the night before, they had bits of random dirt on it. She was going to keep quiet about as she was sure that the house elves would get into trouble for it. She was not that picky and she didn’t want anyone else to get into trouble.

Arriving downstairs she saw Dina waiting for her. He did so most mornings unless she was here first and was the one waiting for him. It was a rare occurrence though. ”Morning” she smiled at the wizard as she handed him her bag to hold while she did her tie. They had been friends for a long time even after their awkward moment in their third year. It had been the only time they had kissed and she had had boyfriends since then and he had his admirers. ”Glad you finally took my suggestion of how you should wear your hair” she smiled as she fixed her hair and took her satchel back from him.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 20, 2018 0:22:59 GMT -5

I'm losing sleep
I see what the devil sees
I listen when the devil speaks
And I think we might all be demons when we wanna be
@ vet | outfit: ravenclaw robes

It was strange to think in two days time he would officially have a sister-in-law. In truth, he didn't really know how to feel about it. It was just....odd. Really odd considering the way his eldest brother had always spoken against the idea of any of them ever getting married. They were blood traitor's children, they were the diseased crop, or something like that. Dima had rolled his eyes a million times over the course of the years and had received enough smacks to the back of the head that he was sure now that it was a myth. His eyes would never stick like that. It had to have been an old wives tale, or else he was just extremely lucky. Though, it was sort of funny to think of his eyes getting stuck in some weird contorted way simply because he'd been bored to tears by yet another one of Phief's rants. He wondered for a second if his brother would have felt bad had that happened? ....Probably not.

At any rate Bailey was going to be a permanent fixture in their family now, her and those babies. Ugh, okay, he didn't even want to think about it anymore. It didn't matter anyway. It wasn't like he could speak out at their wedding and say that it was fucked up. He wasn't invited and even if he was it wasn't as though he could just leave Hogwarts and go. He could skip out on his internship....maybe....wait, no, he didn't have that on the weekends. See? He couldn't even sneak away and go there. It was driving him insane, though, wondering if his father would be there or not. They were his babies, allegedly, and he'd been gone for months. If there was ever a perfect time to barge in their wedding would be it. Hell, if father did show up Dima would be even more upset for missing that grade A, quality entertainment. He could recall having watched a television show at his grandmother's house....Jeremy Kyle was it? Well, whatever it was, he imagined that father's presence would quickly turn their little shindig into an episode of that. 

All morning Dima had been playing little fantastic scenes of this dramatic wedding that he wouldn't even get to be a part of in his head as he readied himself for the day. For the most part Dima was well ahead of himself. He'd pack his bag with the things he'd need for class the night before and he always made sure to have his work done. Not many of his classmates could say the same, and he saw far too many students scrambling in the morning. It seemed....sort of dumb, actually. He couldn't understand why they didn't better prepare themselves. In fact his days were very well planned so much so that he could predict most every part of it.

Like waiting for Vet. He did it almost every morning, unless she somehow beat him, in which case she waited for him. He smirked at her as she came down and instinctively put his hand out. Just as he had done so her bag found its way to it and she began to tie her tie. Predictable, he liked that. "
Morning," he greeted back. Just as he was about to poke fun at her for not noticing she made the comment about his hair. Dima chortled, giving her a playfully sly look. "I'm conducting an experiment, actually. Trying to see if you're right. I'll let you know my findings." He watched as she finished her tie and messing with her hair. He expectantly held the strap of the bag out for her to take. "Ready?"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 22, 2018 5:15:05 GMT -5

Mornings were not great for most people and despite hating them most days Olivette knew that she could use that day ahead to make it a fun one or to bring a smile to someone’s face. Perhaps she was living in a fantasy land but she felt that in the current climate, people needed to smile even if it wasn’t that easy. She to had her own struggles but for the most part, she got through them. That was all she could do. At least she didn’t have to battle this flu, that was one blessing. She wondered though, how it had struck so many people at once and so forcefully. She would ask her father if he knew anything and since he contracted it as well, he would also be working on a cure or know if one was in development. Vet knew that sometimes the magical world moved slowly but she hoped that this was not one of those times.

Each day Vet was learning just how complicated the magical world, Dima and his family which he had briefly mentioned to her, then her family had their drama, her aunt had been missing for some while now and there was no sign of her which the Ravenclaw marked as unusual. She knew that the Dodges, the Parkers had their dramas too. Speaking of, she had made a mental note to ask Emily how things were going for her lately with her betrothal. Vet was lucky that nothing like that had been put forward to her yet and her parents had never even imagined it. Well, Vivienne never had that so why would she? Olivette figured that if her parents had wanted to arrange her marriage, they would have done so and told her by now. She had been 16 for over five months now. She still felt sorry for her best friend.

However, she while she had had boyfriends, and had her fun on the side with Alisander, she was not looking to date at the moment. She had friends, most of her which were guys but she didn’t see herself falling for them. Back when she had kissed Dima, she had had her crush on him but that seemed like so long ago now, even if had been during their third year. They were past that now and she would prefer not to remember that now or ever again. It was not her that brought up the memory anyway, it was always other people.

Vet would have to have been more organised in the morning like her friend was. Dima was much more orderly than she was. It wasn’t a bad thing. If anything she wished she had his ability at times. But her chaos worked and she was never actually late anywhere, Vet liked to distinguish between being late and running late.

It was no surprise that he had beat her down to the common room again, he was winning this secret competition the two of them. They both knew it was a thing between them but they never actually spoke of it. ”What exactly how you testing though? If you can get more than ten girls to turn their heads today?” she asked taking her bag back from him before nodding. ”Let’s go, can’t have us beaters missing out on breakfast!” She replied as she took her bag back and walked in front of him to the door fixing her hair as she moved.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 6, 2018 23:18:13 GMT -5

I'M LOSING SLEEP
I SEE WHAT THE DEVIL SEES
I LISTEN WHEN THE DEVIL SPEAKS
AND I THINK WE MIGHT ALL BE DEMONS WHEN WE WANNA BE
@olivette

Dima held the unpopular Remnikov opinion that being a halfblood...well, it wasn't all that terrible He knew his older brothers disagreed with every fiber of their tainted being or whatever, but he thought it wasn't so bad. Sure, they didn't have some weird sacred duty to uphold or some societal prestige but what was that to him anyhow? So he'd never have to be betrothed. That sounded like a good thing, especially considering what Bailey and Emily were going through. Both of them stuck marrying halfbloods for totally different reasons, but still, something that at least one of them was not happy about. Or....was she happy? Dima didn't really know anymore. Emily had complained to him about it early in the summer and then at her birthday party seemed entirely smitten so who could say for sure? All he knew was that he didn't have to do that and that seemed like a blessing.

Truthfully he'd never put his mind to the matter of marriage or betrothals. He was young and that sort of thing was far, far off. Besides he felt as though he had more important things to worry about than that. Like quidditch, for one. Dueling club, arithmancy club, his grades...getting a date to the Halloween Ball-- these were all more important than distant wedding plans. Especially when, hello, he was only sixteen years old. He'd hardly had a serious relationship let alone one worth worrying about going long term. There had been a few girls that he'd courted, though nothing truly spanning past a few months. The only relationship he had lasting longer than that was friendships like the one he and Vet had. And somehow that had manage to outlast that dreadfully awkward kiss in the third year. He thought that he could solidly attribute that to the fact that they were Ravenclaws; logic superseded the awkwardness of it all. Their friendship clearly outweighed the little mistake and continued prospering from there.

Prospering to the point of him actually being of sound mind and taking her bloody advice. He never imagined himself taking hair advice of any kind, never dreamed it would be something he'd be thinking of, but there may have been some....ulterior motive. With the dance coming up perhaps he was trying to look more appealing? Merlin, that was probably the lamest thing that he had ever thought in the entirety of his life. Still, he couldn't argue that Vet might have been right. It didn't look all that bad. "
Ten seems a little high," he chuckled before squinting his eyes as though in thought. "I think I'd settle for one. Or to see how long it takes before someone asks: bloody hell what have you done to your head? I'm weighing the negative and positive values; we'll see how right you are yet, " Dima smirked.

The girl took her bag from him with a nod before the mention of breakfast. His stomach was happy over the prospect of being fed the typical morning meal. Especially since he'd eaten so little the night before, having run a bit late with Dueling club, he nearly missed dinner all together. "Right. I'm starving," he mentioned casually following Vet as she fluffed her hair some more. Beaters. Breakfast. His mind pieced together beaten eggs and somehow that was a little funny and also torturous as he thought of how hungry he really was. He tried to remove his focus from, back to the part that interested him: quidditch. "Are you planning to hit the pitch this afternoon?"
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 23, 2018 15:05:25 GMT -5

Olivette came from a highly academic family and she was proud to continue the tradition of pushing herself to see just how much she could achieve and how she went with her studies that way. She was proud of her sister and of twin brothers and even her youngest sister. Olivette strived to do well in all her classes. There were some places where she noticeable struggled but she hadn’t done too badly in her OWLs. She had some time until she had to tackle her NEWTs. It was more important for her to now focus on her Quidditch and her internship. She was looking forward to both equally. At least that way she saw herself following in the footsteps of both her parents. She was hardly surprised though. Flying came so naturally to her. She felt that was when she was meant to be. But she was smart enough to already realised that she shouldn’t depend a career soley as a professional player. She knew she could easily move into coaching just as her mother had done. Vet didn’t want to be thinking too far ahead because she still had to get through her sixth year but she simply wanted to be prepared.

She knew that others around her didn’t have that luxury. She wished she could help them but there were social norms and expectations in place for some people. One of her closest friends had her bethroral in place. That wasn’t the case for Olivette so she could only imagine how her friend was feeling. But she thought she had a fair idea though. She did feel sorry for the Slytherin. She was meant to marry this wizard because it was deemed they were a good match. She hardly knew this older guy and that was no way to start any kind of relationship, or so she thought.

Olivette’s greatest struggle most days was getting out of bed on time for class. She knew that Dima tolerated her running behind most of the time. At least when it came to playing Quidditch she was more determined. He wasn’t able to fault here there. She did like their morning routine. It had been in place for some time but she knew it could change if for example either of them started to date and spent the night with their partner. A few years ago when she had kissed him in front of her parents, she had had a crush on him but it had passed now but she did think he was handsome but she wasn’t about to make a move on him.

In the lead up to dance, she had been offering him hair advice. He hadn’t asked for it but Vet hadn’t stopped talking to him about different ways he could have had his hair. ”It’s a bit high, is it?” she asked smirking slightly. She wasn’t believing her ears. ”Here I was thinking you were aspirational….oh, how you fooled me Dima”” the witch laughed. ”You’ll be thanking me soon enough, when all the ladies start lining up” she went on to wink. He was attractive and she knew that many witches at Hogwarts would be interested in him. If they weren’t, they needed their eyes checked.

”I’ll be down there” she smiled as they made their way down to breakfast. ”Are you joining me?” Vet asked so she knew if she were ot wait for him to join her before she started flying or if she could get about it on her own. He may have had other plans.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 5, 2019 23:44:23 GMT -5

I'M LOSING SLEEP
I SEE WHAT THE DEVIL SEES
I LISTEN WHEN THE DEVIL SPEAKS
AND I THINK WE MIGHT ALL BE DEMONS WHEN WE WANNA BE
The epidemic had been a pretty large scale and scary event, one that felt very distant from the walls of Hogwarts. None of the students were sick as of yet, though plenty of people knew sick people. His family had been spared for now and he hoped it would stay that way. Whether or not his father was infected was beyond him. He hadn't spoke to him since early summer and, despite numerous attempts to get ahold of him, their silence continued. It was a deafening sort of silence that made him worry for the elder wizard. His father had always seemed intimidating to him. He was well versed in dark magic, he worked for the Ministry, and he had dealt with people trying to kill him on quite a few occasions. The idea that someone had harmed him seemed unlikely, but not impossible. Maybe it was his insecurities but he thought that his father was avoiding him specifically. Though, according to his brothers, they hadn't spoken with him either.

Still, he was the closest to him than any of his brothers. At least he had thought he was. But when his father had owled about possibly staying longer overseas he hadn't put a word in about his two remaining sons who still lived at home. He didn't even express any sort of worry that he was going to miss his eldest son's wedding, which was seeming more inevitable as it drew closer. It was due for Saturday, after all, and still no one had heard from or seen Alexi Remnikov. A part of him hoped that he'd show up for Phief's wedding at least. Maybe he was meaning it to be a surprise; maybe that was why he hadn't replied to any of their owls. Even if Alexi did show it wasn't like Dima was going to get to see him. He was stuck here, in the castle, without even a break to Hogsmeade to look forward to.

Not having Hogsmeade was a bit of a downer, but it was understandable. There was an epidemic and precautions needed to be taken. Dima wouldn't fight that. He didn't want to lose his magic and just because none of them had didn't mean none of them would. Still, he had been somewhat hopeful that he might ask a particular Gryffindor to go to the Halloween shindig with him. And, y'know, she might have also been the reason for the sudden interest in Vet's hair car advice. "
Oh, I am very ambitious--" he asserted playfully. "I'm just not certain that there are even ten girls who are aware that I'm even alive, let alone trying new things with all of this," he said gesturing to his hair. 

Vet had noticed though. That counted positively, as far as he was concerned. One attractive female had noticed, quick, mark it in the books! Dima chuckled as she spoke of girls lining up. "
Now that would be quite the sight to see. I'd follow all your advice if that were the case." There was a time he wouldn't have minded if she were to join in on such a line. He had crushed on her for some time when he was younger. More specifically after that embarrassing kiss on the platform, but he had never made any attempts to act on it. His brothers had told him it was his age and the fact it was his first kiss-- they said things like that had a way of throwing hormones all out of whack and who was he to question them? They were older, they ought to know.

It was Thursday, wasn't it? Dima went through his schedule mentally and knew that there wasn't much going on. Thank the gods. He loved days like this as it gave him plenty of time to practice. It wasn't long and they'd be having their first match and he'd be damned if he didn't give Slytherin a run for their money. "
Yeah, I'll be there. I've got my internship 'til noon, and we've got charms this afternoon--" he rattled off as they headed down for breakfast. "You want to go straight after class or..?" Well, he wasn't lying earlier when he said he was ambitious. 

@olivette | Outfit: Ravenclaw Robes | Words:707
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 11, 2019 5:54:01 GMT -5

Vet knew a little about magical medical history and she had asked her father about the epidemic and he had pointed out there had never been anything like this in the history of the magical world. She wondered why it had eventuated now of all times. She wondered if people could create such an illness, she understood it could be a possibility but she didn’t think that anyone would be so vengeful to do that, surely not? Maybe that was a fantasy in her mind. There were so many things conceivable in the magical world but she hoped that creating an illness was never something that came true. She had enough people close to her who had been affected by it and she didn’t want to see it get any worse. There had been two breakouts of it, she supposed the second group had eventually contracted it from the first group and succumb to all coughing and sneezing that had been going around. She had seen the last of the sick patients when she had started her internship but they were fewer now. She supposed that all the others were now at home trying to recover or trying to live without magic.

THe latter was something she wasn’t sure she could live with. But at least, for the time being, she didn’t have to think about it. She still had some months until she became of age. For now, she was better off focusing on Quidditch and making sure that Ravenclaw had a good chance of taking out the house cup this year. All the house teams were very competitive this year and she only hoped that they could rise above the competition and come out on top. She was enjoying being a beater for her house. If anything, it really helped her get out any anger she was feeling. Most of the time she was a calm person, however. She was stubborn, however, and would not be open to readily admitting she did get angry at times.

Dima could definitely attest to her attitude changes but he had his own friends to and they weren’t always around each other, this just happened to be their morning routine. She wasn’t sure if it would ever change if either of them ever started dating. But she tried not to think about that. But they would adjust. They were adaptable. Of course, that was a generalisation amongst teenagers but being purebloods they were aware of what expected of them. The Buchanans were not like the Remnikovs but they were still part of the same blood status. Vet knew there differences in that group alone but she never brought them up with Dima. It was more fun if they stayed away from anything serious.

”Yeah, yeah, I know you about our ambitions….fly here, get this girl…..ace my exams..” She said dramatically as she rolled her eyes, she was really poking fun at her friend. She did admire how ambitious he was. Of course, there had been a point in time not that long ago when she had admired how cute her friend was. Of course, that may have been sparked by her kissing him. She would never forgive herself for that but it had happened and she as glad that they no longer discussed it. ”You are joking aren’t you? Do you really not know how many admirers you have? I’ll prove it to you when we get to the great hall” Vet winked at the wizard. So what if she wanted to embarrass Dima?

”All my advice? Be careful what promises you make my friend…” the witch trailed off and fixed her hair and looked a the other students walking with them. They constantly exchanged jibes, it was nothing new.

Because they both undertook internships, there were sometimes periods where they didn’t see each other. But each day they would have at least one class with each other, so they caught up at least once during the day. Of course, there was the duelling club too. ”We can go after class, I’m up for that….just need to trim a few bristles on my broom, some got bent when I was working on my turns last week” She said looking a little unhappy before smiling. ”How is your internship going?” she asked as they got to the first floor.

Words: 730