Post by Naël Étienne Bonaccord on Oct 19, 2018 23:08:46 GMT -5

[googlefont=Charmonman:400][googlefont=Open Sans:400]
[attr="class","tits"]
[attr="class","imagez"]
[attr="class","title1"] We're dancing' on the edge of the Hollywood sign
[attr="class","subtitle1"] I don't know if I'll make it
But watch how good I'll fake it
[attr="class","wordz"]
The pumpkins--and there were so many of them; he hadn't really known that he'd be successful in getting them!-- were bright, large, and suitably orange, dominating the table. He just hoped that people would really come. He still wasn't really sure it would happen, even as he mentioned it to everything, and hung hand-painted signs up. He wasn't bad at painting, but it wasn't his greatest skill. Some of his attempts at pumpkins had turned out looking a little more like turnips. 

They were in one of the common areas, the better to snag some people's attention. Naël's focus went to the knives at every side, and he tapped the side of one of the gourds with a handle. Heavy, solid, maybe hollow-like?  It would take more strength than he'd anticipated when planning this. Maybe he'd try painting it instead-- but no, that wasn't the spirit. Then again, a fire would be awful. Again, a lot of them were going to be leaving in the next week as their last symptoms ended, so maybe the pumpkins would keep? He really didn't know much about pumpkins, unfortunately. They were orange, heavy, related to squash, that was about it. Popularly used by Americans for Halloween, which had came over here but not really France. 

Naël was worried, really, about the final end of this, about what would happen. So he was doing this to ease his own mind, and hopefully brighten someone else's. He was only putting the first traces of color on his pumpkin, testing the thickness of the skin when he saw someone walk in, and his smile spread across his face. "Hello! I'm so glad you decided to come."

[attr="class","tags1"]☆ @open ☆
[attr="class","credz1"]❤fai

[newclass=".tits"]background-color:#000;width:420px;border:1px #323232;border-style:solid;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".imagez"]max-width:120px;max-height:120px;margin-right:240px;margin-top:25px;outline:2px grey double;padding:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".title1"]width:215px;font-family:Charmonman;border-bottom:5px double #323232;font-size:20px;text-align:center;color:#8DEEEE;line-height:90%;padding-bottom:5px;margin-top:-110px;margin-left:150px;text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".subtitle1"]width:175px;height:70px;overflow:auto;margin-top:8px;line-height:100%;padding:5px;text-align:center;font-size:12px;font-family:Open Sans;color:#8DEEEE;margin-left:150px;padding-bottom:2px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz"]text-align:justify;font-family:Georgia;font-size:11px;color:#dbdbdb;padding:10px;padding-top:15px;width:400px;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz b"]color:#8DEEEE;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tags1"]width:400px;font-size:11px;font-family:Georgia;color:white;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".credz1"]font-family:Oswald;text-align:right;width:420px;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 3, 2018 15:32:30 GMT -5

pumpkin carving
in pyxis prison

Pretty much everyone she knew had already left Pyxis. All the band was gone--Fenix and the members of the Weird Sisters II had been released awhile back. They had all been part of the first wave of those infected with the epidemic. She had been later. She had gotten a few weeks to think she wasn't going to lose her magic before the headaches and sniffling had started. But those symptoms were not plaguing her anymore. She had been fever and magic free for almost a week. The magic stealing flu had passed and she would be getting out of here tomorrow. 

Hopefully--so long as everything went well with her final examination by the healer in charge of her floor. 

Esme was so ready to go. She had been here mostly alone for way too long. This place gave her the creeps and made it impossible for  her not to think constantly about the fact that  muggleborn children had been imprisoned here. It was not a horrible place, but it was not warm or welcoming  either. It did not feel like a school. It felt like a juvenile detention facility--not concerned with improving the children, but keeping the contained and implanting ideas in their brains about how and what they were in relation to the rest of wixen society. 

She decidedly did not like it. 

But tonight someone had been kind (or bored) enough to put together a little pumpkin carving party. Esme loved all the holidays and celebrated everything from Halloween to Christmas to Valentine's Day with fervor. She was super creative--so, she fashioned decorations from all matters of things. In the past, she used a lot of magic--charms and transfigurative spells--to assist in her grand displays, but she would have to make do with manual decorations for this holiday season.

Still, it was exciting to have something to do--particularly something cheerful like pumpkin carving. So, she was happier than she had been the last few nights--and delighted to have a distraction from just sitting and waiting to go home. Esme was surprised to find that she was the first to arrive beyond the organizer of this little activity. She flashed the young man a bright and warm smile as he greeted her.

"Hey--of course!" the wrockstar gushed. She was feeling well, so she was back to her warm, bubbly self. Ziggy wasn't one to really think of anyone as a stranger--people were just friends that hadn't been known yet. So, she talked to the guy like an old friend, even without knowing his name. "This is a brilliant idea. I was excited as soon as I saw the first poster! So good to have something to do in here!" 
Naël Étienne Bonaccord
Naël Étienne Bonaccord Avatar
Étoile
24 posts
19 years old
Dragonologist Apprentice
Specialty Career
played by Steph
"I don't know if I'll make it, but watch how good I'll fake it"
options

Post by Naël Étienne Bonaccord on Nov 5, 2018 16:24:08 GMT -5

[googlefont=Charmonman:400][googlefont=Open Sans:400]
[attr="class","tits"]
[attr="class","imagez"]
[attr="class","title1"] Pumpkin Carving, Pyxis Prison
[attr="class","subtitle1"] I don't know if I'll make it
But watch how good I'll fake it
[attr="class","wordz"]
Naël wasn't trying to . . .well, lighten what the place was supposed to be. He'd like to say he knew the rumors, except he was .  ..well, he knew it wasn't just rumors. He'd arrived only a few days before the official notice came out, after all. His parents, his grandfather and . . .whatever relation Mélisande was to him, they'd all made sure he'd known what was going on. Mostly, at least, and as upset as he knew they would probably be to hear he'd let himself go in, the scoldings he would receive for not letting himself be taken care of was even worse.

He assumed that was the case for most people. They were worried, or scared. It made sense after all-- while there might be problems with magic in great emotional distress, to have no magic was a loss that he knew some would take harder than the loss of anything else. He was actually somewhat surprise-- happily surprise, but surprised none the less-- that there hadn't been more reports of people choosing not to live without magic. He didn't actually know if there were any or many at all because things that like would usually be hidden from patients. It wouldn't do for them to get ideas.

Distractions and friends would help, Naël was sure. They were all here together, and surely doing things together would build some sense of community. Hopefully. He had a lot of hope his idea for pumpkin carvings wouldn't incite a riot because people got upset at each other. But the wix who had entered, who was greeting him-- Naël was sure they wouldn't be the type. They just seemed so effortlessly cool, so amazing and friendly. He usually had pretty decent instincts on who would be a good friend and the wix in front of him was sending all of them off.

He didn't really know what that was, really. Certainly not a crush-- even though they seemed so cool--

Naël beamed. "Thank you! I was thinking, I mean, I have never celebrated Halloween and people mentioned they liked doing it, and it would not hurt to try to do something here to lift our spirits, yes? Please tell me you have done this before, as I have only seen pictures and I believe I shall make a large mess about it." Oh no, he'd said too much. "My name is Naël. I am. . . he and him?" That was to say it in English, maybe? His cousin would appreciate that, he knew.
[attr="class","tags1"]☆ @ziggy☆
[attr="class","credz1"]❤fai

[newclass=".tits"]background-color:#000;width:420px;border:1px #323232;border-style:solid;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".imagez"]max-width:120px;max-height:120px;margin-right:240px;margin-top:25px;outline:2px grey double;padding:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".title1"]width:215px;font-family:Charmonman;border-bottom:5px double #323232;font-size:20px;text-align:center;color:#8DEEEE;line-height:90%;padding-bottom:5px;margin-top:-110px;margin-left:150px;text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".subtitle1"]width:175px;height:70px;overflow:auto;margin-top:8px;line-height:100%;padding:5px;text-align:center;font-size:12px;font-family:Open Sans;color:#8DEEEE;margin-left:150px;padding-bottom:2px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz"]text-align:justify;font-family:Georgia;font-size:11px;color:#dbdbdb;padding:10px;padding-top:15px;width:400px;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz b"]color:#8DEEEE;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tags1"]width:400px;font-size:11px;font-family:Georgia;color:white;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".credz1"]font-family:Oswald;text-align:right;width:420px;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 11, 2018 23:19:09 GMT -5

pumpkin carving
in pyxis prison

Ziggy was going to have to get used to not having magic. Even though she had steadily been losing her abilities the last few weeks, her mind was not wired to really realize it. She still went for her wand when she needed to do something. Wrangling her mess of curls was a task she had pretty much given up on for the time being. She was just going with out of control afro or practically full coverage head wrap—mostly the latter here in the hospital. The ringlets of the longest strands still escaped out of the top of the brightly colored cloth, betraying the ridiculous mane she had even when she tried to reign it in.

She really wasn’t sure what she was going to do once she got out of here. The witch did not have a house elf. How was she going to do all her laundry? How was she ever going to eat—other than take-out? It was a lot of unknowns for her. But a lot of her friends had gotten sick, too, so they could figure it out together. Those were all questions for tomorrow. Tonight, she would carve jack-o-laterns and try to pretend she was not in a muggleborn kid prison.

When she met the planner for tonight’s little event, Esme was all smiles. He seemed really nice. Her eyes went wide when that Naël told her he had never celebrated Halloween before. “Are you joshing me? Never?! Halloween is brilliant! Costumes are always my favorite! And the decorations are all really fun. It’s just a great holiday. All fun, no stress. It’s great!”

She gave him an encouraging smile and a little pat to his arm. “I have carved a lot of pumpkins—no worries, it is easy. Messy though. Just so you are prepared for that. This will kind of be a first for me though. I’ve never done it without magic. Can’t be too much different though, yeah?

The friendly stranger did his introductions and the witch made to do the same: “Pleasure to meet you, Naël; that’s really interesting name. Where are you from? Oh, and I’m Ziggy—or Esme. Whatever you fancy, I’ll answer to either or. I’m kind of a she, I guess—maybe a they. Gender is kind of fluid in my mind. I’m not fussed about what you call me really.”