Squib
played by Jade
"I live to serve."
options

Post by Lilith Malvolia on Nov 7, 2018 17:46:51 GMT -5

[googlefont=Libre Baskerville]
Back here
Open | uniform | 400
She had her old job back at the Bitter Snake. The epidemic had left a lot of people without magic. Suddenly it did not seem so bad to the owner that she was a squib. Lilith held no resentment towards the man who had once left her on her own. The Malvolia was used to abandonment-- Lady Burke had been kind to her, but the month Borgin and Burke had been closed had left her worried again about work and opportunity to stay housed and fed. 

This put Lilith in new opportunities for socialization, too. The squib was slowly but surely becoming more and more like a normal human being. She was still most changed by her encounter with Rodolphus Lestrange. Though Lilith had not repeated the experience, she thought about what had happened frequently. It made her curious to suggest the possibility of becoming one of the women who worked for Lady Burke at the de Lis. She thought she might be able to earn more that way--build some kind of life more than she had through that opportunity. Plus, perhaps she would again the chance to serve and please men like The Lord Lestrange. That would be worthwhile. That would be something that could counter the insults and degradation her father had berated her with her entire life. If men of the Twenty Eight could find use of her, Rafe would have been wrong. 

But for now, Lilith was taking shifts at the Bitter Snake when she was offered them, as long as they did not prevent her from being at Borgin and Burke when Lady Burke scheduled her. Today was her first time waiting tables again. The rhythm of the structured interactions with customers had come back quickly to her. The vast majority of every conversation she had shared with other humans had consisted of taking drink and food orders and the other regular interactions of server to customer.

A patron had just sat down at a table-- Lilith crossed over to greet them. A kind smile was on her face--it was sincere, as the young woman was truly a kind soul. She felt no ill will towards those who had magic--even if she might envy them. "Hello," she said sweetly, "Welcome to the Bitter Snake--may I get you something to drink?"
template by punki of adoxography
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 28, 2018 10:14:30 GMT -5

[googlefont="Wire One"]
Back Here Again
One day I swear, come what may, someone will care
I feel it, do you feel it too?
No doubt about it

After a rather murder inducing shopping session in Scotland, of all places, and with Donna Parkinson, of all people, Theo felt ready to drink himself to a pleasant stupor. He'd take his best wine, sit in a parlour with no painting frames and stare at nothing until the next day rose and freed him from the burdens of being alive for a few more hours. That was all he needed. Peace, from his own thoughts and from the world in general. It was...hard, to exist day after day. Theo could admit that, if only in the safety of his own mind. Too much of a burden with little reward - made him wonder, sometimes, why did he even go to such lengths to make sure death would not be able to touch him in conventional means when he didn't even like living. Maybe it was the control of it. Having control of life and death. He had to admit that it appealed to him, controlling everything. And whilst his personal relationships had gone out of the rail, at least this was still in his grasp.

But his body had taken the time to remind him that he was only human, with human needs, and decided that he needed food. Which- fair enough, Theo had lost track of time and this would be day...three, if he was not mistaken - which he never was. Three days without food was a lot and he shouldn't have let it slip. However, Theo felt justified. He'd not been...well, with the realisations that were coming at the least appropriated times. He needed to wrestle control back for himself. His family life was...going, which was more than he could've ever said for it. It was alright, he knew where it was going and he could, if necessary, put a stop to anything that was happening right now. Professionally, he had everything under control and had always had. Same financially. Personally- he needed a change. And it hurt, in ways he didn't even know it could hurt, but Theo had to let it go.

Maybe ending things with that boy and leaving him alive had given him the push he needed for this. Theo didn't know where it came from but it did. And he was ready to let Fernando go.

He'd give up on him. It left a bitter taste in Theo's mouth but he couldn't deal with that anymore. He clearly wasn't what Nando wanted - and Nando wasn't being what he needed. He was bad for Theo and he couldn't have it anymore. It was kill him or let him go. And he couldn't kill someone he loved like that, not really.

Food. He needed food and alcohol and not to exist for a while. Because this was too much. He'd think on it when he didn't want to tear the fabric of time and remake it so he could have what he wanted and not have to do with it. Turning to the serving girl with an open, welcoming smile - entirely fake but who could tell? -, Theo inclines his head. Her smile seemed...sweet. How strange, a pure soul in this place. It seemed almost obscene. "Good afternoon, miss," his eyes were rather intense but not in an uncomfortable way. Theo had lured less innocent people into more complicated farces than pretending to be nice. "The best wine you have, my dear. The whole bottle, if you would." He still needed to pick food. Bah.
outfit ⁂ 578 ⁂ theo thinks these lyrics fit pretty well
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy Avatar
Slytherin
166 posts
38 years old
Head of Slytherin
Professor of Potions
Owner of Desiderium
Head Potioneer at Desiderium
Death Eater
University of Bangor and Gráinneog Institute Alum
Occlumens
Hogwarts
played by Jade
"let the monsters see you smile"
options

Post by Draco Malfoy on Nov 28, 2018 17:41:18 GMT -5

Back here
knockturn familiarity

Draco had skipped dinner at Hogwarts spending the time in his office. He had lost track of time grading assignments and was famished. There were a million places he could go, but something drew him back to Knockturn Alley and to the Bitter Snake. The diner was a crumbling hole in the wall, but he had started coming here pretty regularly when he had been working in the work camp--and even though that time was a dark one for him, he still loved the food. It was a guilty pleasure for him. 

When the blond walked in, he surveyed the space--taking note of a few familiar faces. Theodore Nott stuck out amongst them. The Nott's voice was clear against the other various conversations as Theo asked the waitress for the finest bottle of wine the place had. Draco chuckled and interjected himself into the conversation. "Brave man to order that in a place like this, Theo. I didn't even know they had wine here." He shifted his gaze from the face he knew to the one he didn't, asking: "What's your best bottle cost, love? A pair of sickles?" The waitress looked almost out of place in the little diner. Sure, she wore the right get-up for waiting tables in a place like this--but she had an air around her. He expected gruff, rough types in a place like this--not pretty, submissive innocents whose likes had little business in Knockturn at all, much less the Bitter Snake.
my ex's husband | OUTFIT | 250+

Lilith Malvolia
Lilith Malvolia Avatar
Uneducated
62 posts
27 years old
Employee at Borgin and Burkes
Server at the Bitter Snake
Squib
played by Jade
"I live to serve."
options

Post by Lilith Malvolia on Nov 28, 2018 18:27:20 GMT -5

[googlefont=Libre Baskerville]
Back here
Lords Malfoy & Nott | uniform | 400
Lilith was nervous in many ways to be back at her old job. It was a trying thing for her, talking to all of these people. It helped, of course, that the conversation was mostly scripted. She still struggled with the small talk some patrons wanted to engage in--and truly the squib had no idea how to flirt. She did want to be able to, though; she wanted to be worth paying attention to. Those desires were all spurned by the rejection from her father. Poor girl was a delicate little bundle of daddy issues. 

The man who she had began to take the order of had asked her to bring him a bottle of the diner's best wine. Her heart raced at the request. Sure, the diner did have a bar and they stocked wine...but how in the world would she ever know which one was best?! The bartender was already tired of her questions. He wouldn't want to help her with this...and if she was to bring a full bottle, that meant she was expected to open it at the table. She had never had to do that before. Oh, goodness, this was surely going to be a disaster. 

As her panic spun about her head, another gentleman joined in what she had always understood to be a two person only conversation. But perhaps this man was joining the other. They both were staggeringly handsome. The beauty of them was as distracting for her as the conundrum of the dark haired man's order. The blond newcomer addressed her and she felt color coming to her face. There was heat on her neck. Embarrassment pinked her skin. These two men flustered her--and not knowing how much any of the bottles of wine that the Bitter Snake sold had her stumbling over her words. 

"I'm so sorry," she managed to say. She looked from one man to the other and back again--eyes wide and so naïve. She did not want to do anything to displease the wizards. "I am not sure about the cost, sir. I can find out, if you'd like." The squib drew her bottom lip under the assault of her canine tooth; she was trying to collect herself. She was going to just have to ask the bartender, even though she knew it was going to annoy him; she had no choice. She couldn't read. 
template by punki of adoxography
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 24, 2018 8:43:19 GMT -5

[googlefont="Wire One"]
Back Here Again
One day I swear, come what may, someone will care
I feel it, do you feel it too?
No doubt about it

He'd not expected company. In fact, he might've gone as far as to say that no company would be the most pleasant thing that would happen to him that day. Theo had a short tolerance for people in a good day and he had not expected that a short shopping trip for his daughter would strain at his iron clad control so thoroughly. But, again, maybe he'd underestimated how close to the edge he'd been as of late. It wouldn't be the first time, as appalling as it was to admit such things.

Of all companies that he thought he might get against his will, though, Malfoy was not one of them. There was no surprise in his face, in his eyes or in his reactions but he was surprised. How long had it been, since he'd seen Draco? Not that long, for sure, but enough that he could see subtle changes on the blonde. Theo smiled, letting the...genuine pleasure of seeing his old friend bleed slightly into his face as he rolled his eyes. "Once upon a time, Dragon, this was one of the only places that would serve the likes of us anything, remember? Yes, they do have wine," and it wasn't good wine but one didn't need good wine to get drunk. Draco turned his attention to the pretty, sweet looking girl. Of course he'd tease her and Theo at the same time.

"It's actually a sickle and ten or so knuts - at least it was the last time I was here," it wasn't all that long at all, which meant it was unlikely to have changed much. "You're making the girl uncomfortable, prat," his faint smirk gave away his amusement with the whole thing, though. Turning to the flustered serving girl, Theo made sure his smile was kind enough to put her at ease - and maybe fluster her a little more.
"Do not trouble yourself, dear. I do not care about the cost. Bring me the bottle with the maroon and white label, yes? Two glasses, since I seem to have acquired company," he lifted an eyebrow at Malfoy, silently asking whether the man wanted anything else to go with the drink. "Whatever you're serving tonight as food as well, I suppose. Might as well eat something."
@ dragon + sweet thing ⁂ outfit ⁂ 381 ⁂ notes