birthday
blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
Demisexual Homoromantic
occupation
Self-Defense Instructor 
general appearance
BAMF, or at least, that’s what Nilla says. She’s got medium brown hair with dark, chocolate eyes that hold a deadly glare. At 5’ 8”, she’s slightly taller than average but she owns her height with a proud walk. She prefers to wear loose clothes and leather, the better to adventure with. Three quarters of her leg below the knee has been replaced with a prosthetic, though one can hardly tell unless they are shown it.

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Hufflepuff
achievements
Graduated Hogwarts ~ Taught Dozens of people to defend themselves

university
Nope
university major(s)
N/A
years attended
N/A

skills
Parkour ~ She's been doing it for ten years and is basically an expert. Gymnastics ~ This plays into her parkour a little, but it's also a separate skill. Karate ~ Hello, self defense instructor? Charms, Potions, Herbology, Sports,
weaknesses
Her leg, it’s an insecurity that she hides well but it’s there all the same. Bullies, she hates them with an absolute passion and woe to anyone who thinks to act like one. Anything helpless, seriously, anything; children, animals, disabled people, whatever it is, if you’re helpless then Nilla will be right there to defend you.
positive traits
Protective, Flexible (physically and metaphorically), Generous, Playful, Realistic, Passionate, Adaptive
negative traits
Obnoxious, Realistic, Single-minded, Blunt, Hot-tempered
hobbies/interests
Climbing, Dancing, Gymnastics, Parkour, Karate, Sports, Pretty much anything dangerous and/or outdoors
accomplishments
Survived the Pansy Rich Kids Who Didn't Actually Want to Learn Actual Karate

character history
So, here’s the deal, Nilla doesn’t really know how her life started, and she’s actually not sure when her birthday is. Anything before the age of six is fuzzy at best. The only thing she’s certain of is this: Her parents are dead. Everything else is pretty much in the air. Being an orphan with unclear origins doesn’t make for an ideal child, because she already had one obvious problem: her leg. She’d been dropped at the orphanage without her leg and she honestly doesn’t remember a time when she had all of it. Not that it matters, because it’s gone now and she can’t get it back. Adapting is what Nilla does, so she learned to maneuver about with only two thirds of a leg until she was given her first prosthetic. Things became easier after that.

Nilla was determined to prove that she was just as able as anybody else, even if she wasn’t exactly ‘whole’. She took up karate at first, the desire to protect and defend herself at the forefront of her mind, but then she fell in love with gymnastics and dancing and that was that. Parkour became an outlet to employ her skills on the streets, to explore London via the rooftops and back-alleys. There wasn’t much use for it at Hogwarts, but she still tried to find the time and space to practice so she didn’t lose her skills. Charms and Potions became her best classes, with Herbology just behind them, two classes she finds most useful and one that she finds interesting.

Since Hogwarts, she's started working as a private Self-Defense Instructor, usually contracted to teach rich people's children to do pansy, fake karate moves so they could parade their children around like a special snowflake for knowing karate. There have been a few kids who actually wanted to learn and Nilla was always happy to teach them some actual moves. Occasionally she'll get a woman who wants to honestly defend herself, and Nilla's more than willing to negotiate the price for an enthusiastic student, but she can't take too many pro-bono cases or she won't be able to save up enough for a studio space. It's not a perfect system, and there have been slow months where she's barely made enough to cover rent and groceries, but she's survived this long and she'll keep doing it because what else is there? Giving up has never been a word in Vanilla Thompson's dictionary, and she's not about to learn it now.

parents
She doesn't know them
siblings
Not that she knows
children
Hah, nope
partner
Not yet
other family
Nope
family history
Nilla is the only family she knows about, but I’ll let you in on a secret: Her parents aren’t actually dead. Really, they’re not. They are on the run, and they didn’t want their daughter to run with them... Byron Thompson was always a man with a plan, ready to take on the world. So he got in with the wrong crowd at school: aspiring Death Eaters and bullies. He might have been their ‘leader’ but he followed where they led when the majority vote won. Though he never actually got the Dark Mark, he did serve the Dark Lord. It’s how he met his wife, Megan. Megan was in a dark place when she joined up, though she wasn’t sure if she actually believed in the same things as the Dark Lord. Her family were blood-purists and they encouraged her to interact with a similar crowd. Byron didn’t seem half as dark as the rest of them, which is probably what first caught her attention. After the war, they realized that they had to leave before they were caught and imprisoned for their crimes and so left their daughter on the steps of an orphanage and ran.

other
It's a Remake!
face claim
Shelly Hennig
status of application
Complete
have you read the rules?
What?
how did you hear about us?
...What?
roleplay sample
I don't know what that is.

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Nov 19, 2018 12:56:22 GMT -5

Pending

Hey Bekah! Unfortunately, I can’t accept a twenty year old as having founded anything, even if it’s just getting started.

I can accept her as a self-defense instructor and if you post with her for a while trying to get the money and get it going, I can eventually accept it! But not as a freshly twenty year old!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 20, 2018 0:02:30 GMT -5

Okay I fixed it! Kinda figured she was too young to start a business, but she wanted me to try. Oh well, she'll get there soon enough...
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Nov 20, 2018 15:23:45 GMT -5

Remake Accepted