Osteros Elias Arington
by Mya
birthday
blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
Demisexual (Bisexual)
occupation
Owner and Mortician of Dell'Aldilà Funeral Parlor & Hit Man For Hire & Gráinneog Student
general appearance
For someone named after an ancient pagan festival honoring the beginning of Spring, Osteros doesn't look very...springy. There is absolutely nothing bright or cheery about him in the least. He has dark hair with curls, though he does like to slick it back now and again. Even then, it's got a bit of waves. He likes it, though, claims it's a rather classic look. He has dark brows with dark eyes beneath them. They appear a chocolate brown most days but in the off case that he's feeling rather chipper they lighten up and emit a warm amber glow. When he is very focused they are even darker, almost black even.

Osteros has very masculine facial features and a set of rather broad shoulders. He looks very different than his brother Harvey but, alas, they were not identical twins. Osteros stands a bit taller than his father at 6'0" exactly and he's built a great deal thicker as well. He keeps his body in good shape, though he is not one to flaunt it. Typically he has two sets of dress: work clothes, and standard. At work he can be found most likely in a black suit, black tie, and white dress shirt. Unless, of course, he's processing cadavers. In that case he usually removes his black blazer and wears a rather large apron. Outside of work he dresses rather plainly in something that is comfortable and functional. He doesn't like things with holes in them or wrinkles and prefers to appear slightly polished. There are a few times when he strays from his norm, but that is usually due to him honoring his younger sisters attempts in trying to get him to dress more stylishly.

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Ravenclaw
achievements
"I....graduated." Oh please, honey, don't act like you weren't good in school.
Dueling Club Member "For the entire time I was in school, basically." (2010/11-2016/17)
Potions Club Member (2012/13-2016/17)
Queer and Questioning Member "For like...two seconds." (He knew he was a little different, all it took was one meeting haha) (2015/16)

university
Gráinneog Institute
university major(s)
Medicine 
years attended
2017/18 - Current

skills
People Skills - OK, he does not mean with living people. Osteros is good at one thing, and only thing only, and that is death. Be it causing it, raising it, or simply putting corpses into the ground he is all about death.
Stealth - Osteros isn't just good at a sneaky kill, he's also just naturally very stealthy. He's the kind of guy who can walk up on you and you wouldn't notice until he's right next to you. It's a natural talent.
Research - He is obsessed with his work and not just putting on funerals. He enjoys experimenting on the dead and with different types of magic to revive or use them to his advantage. O keeps detailed records of everything he does and keeps them safely hidden away, of course!
Logic - Things come to him in very black and white terms. Don't expect him to be a shoulder to cry on, he's horrible at it. But if you need help breaking down the mental inefficiencies of your ex, he's your man.
Protecting His Family - Ever since his mum passed he's been extremely protective of his family, especially his younger sisters. If anyone where to mess with them it would surely not end well for them.
Potions - Funny enough he did rather poorly in the actual class but Osteros is very skilled in the art of concocting potions! His only problem is that he tends to want to experiment and....well, sometimes that leads to accidentally blowing up the Potions Class.
Languages - Osteros can speak English, Italian, and Latin (though he's better at reading and writing in Latin than actually speaking it).
weaknesses
Curiosity - Osteros is insanely curious and it leads him to do some pretty questionable things just to quench his thirst for knowledge.
Winter - And no, not the month! His little sister Winter Arington! He loves all his siblings but he has a very special bond with his younger sister. She is very close to him and has him wrapped around her finger.
Knowing When To Stop - There are certain times in a man's life when enough needs to be enough but for Osteros the line isn't just blurry, it's not even there! He has no problem overstepping bounds if it means getting the information he desires.
Dark Humor - If you want to hear him snort then break out your dark humor. It always seems to leave him in stitches!
Screwing With People - Is he joking? Is he serious? Is he playing you like a fiddle? Osteros likes to see just how far he can get with some people before they call him on his shit. If they don't....Merlin, he could go all day.
positive traits
Humorous - In his own ways, yes, he can be quite funny.
Protective - His family is the only thing that he sees fit to protect.
Charming - Not very many people are aware that they're talking to a death addicted killer when they speak to him! Very charming indeed.
Intelligent - Osteros is both book and street smart! 
Secretive - He says this is positive. He hates people who blab everything about themselves. Where's the mystery? Where's the fun?
Reliable - There is never any need to worry about whether Osteros will come through when he says he will. You can count on him to be there, and probably early too!
Punctual - Yes, he's very punctual. He will be exactly where he says at exactly the time he says and not a moment sooner or later!
Respectful - He may give people a bunch of shit but he is very rarely, if ever, rude! The boy has good manners. 
negative traits
Obsessive - If something piques his interest he takes it upon himself to find out any and everything about it.
Curious - Didn't this kill the cat? Well, his curiosity kills a lot of people. Yikes.
No Remorse - Is he a sociopath? Maybe. But Osteros doesn't feel bad for the things he does. As far as he's concerned people wouldn't need killing if they hadn't wronged someone, and if dead bodies weren't meant to be experimented on then they'd learn to fight back.
Compulsive - He has needs. The need to learn, to test, to be around death as much as humanly possible. There are many things he simply cannot resist. "Not that I really try to resist them anyway."
Private - As a kid he enjoyed his alone time. No one was allowed in his room without setting up an appointment.  Unless you were Winter. Yes, he had an appointment book. Even now he enjoys the silence and solitude of his privacy.
hobbies/interests
Death - Since he was a wee tot he's been obsessed with the concept of death and it's lead him into some pretty strange hobbies like:
Experimenting - Is a dead man's blood more potent in this potion? Can you charm a severed tongue to sing lullabies to the deceased's children? Is that a little creepy? Ok, yes. He's always got ideas on just how the dead can be useful. And if not useful, at least a little interesting.
Killing - It's not just the dead he's obsessed with but the actual act of dying as well. Watching people's last few living moments is spiritual, or so he says.
People Watching - One of his favorite things about owning a funeral parlor is watching the actual funerals take place. He likes to watch the crowd, read their reactions, and piece together stories for each of them in his head. Of course that means he has to speak to everyone afterward to test his correctness.
accomplishments
Became Owner of Dell'Aldilà Funeral Home (December 2017) "The anniversary is coming up, I'm very excited."

character history
CW: Death, Dismemberment, Ucky Stuff
"Death. As far back as I can remember my life has been filled and surrounded by it. It's almost like it's drawn to me, just as I am drawn to it. Sometimes I wonder if that's why I don't really have any memories from before the girls were born. I mean, I know that it's typical. Babies don't form memories; it's common knowledge. So here are the things I can't remember. My birth, being one. I was born on the 3rd of June in 1999, and I was born first. By two minutes. I'm one of two, a packaged deal I guess, and my brother Harvey came to follow shortly after. From what I'm told my mother loved us very much. I'm sure she did, most mothers do, don't they? Sometimes I wish I had just one of those memories of her. Playing peek-a-boo or something, but I don't. The only memory I have of my mother stems back from when I was only three years old to the day of my sister's births.

They were another packaged deal. Twins, again. Merlin, if lightning ever struck twice it sure has a taste for my family. Mum had delivered twins before and they must have thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal, I mean, we boys were so much bigger. What they hadn't anticipated was that she had a weakened vessel in her body and after that final push it just....blew. I guess it must have been a rather large one because she didn't come back from it. There was no coming back from it, I believe. I can recall waiting in the family area, though I couldn't tell you with who or for how long. I just recall a lot of commotion. People were grieving and upset. I was the only one who dared to look when they pushed her gurney out of the room and down the hall. With everyone so lost in their tears and upset I followed it. I was young, but I understood that under that flat sheet was my mum. I tracked them down the hall, and hid beneath the gurney whilst they waited for the elevator doors. Heh, they had no idea I was there when they pushed her cart into the morgue.

That was my first taste of death. After they left me and my mum's body behind I can just recall climbing atop the bed and just....looking at her. It's the only real memory I have of my mum and I cherish it. I wasn't in there too long before I was found. A grieving little boy clinging to his mummy, that's what they thought. I received not even a slap on the wrist, but they brought me back to my family who then thought it was best to meet the new additions to the family. Out with the old, in with the new, I suppose. They had me sit on the couch, and we all took turns holding the tiny things. Winter, she was the first one I held. Sleeping like a log, I can remember. I stared at her and thought of how much she looked like mum. How, just moments before I was staring at the face of a woman who was clearly dead and now this tiny child was here, in her image, and alive. Any loss I felt for the dead woman downstairs was gone, really, and whatever love I had for her once I placed onto that tiny girl in my arms.

Winter and I, we have a special bond from it. I love all my siblings. Of course I do! But Winter and I are bonded in a different way. Through death. Through the beginnings and ends of our family. I was the first born, and she the last. We are the the book ends that hold our family together. Growing up I was very protective of her and my other siblings. With our father raising us on his own I felt as though I had to step up and do what needed to be done. For the longest time I cared for nothing and no one that was not my family. The only other thing in this world that I've loved aside from them....was death. When I was around nine years old I began showing my first signs of magic but I didn't dare tell my father. I found out on accident, as most children do, but my accident occurred in the most unfortunate of ways. I had killed the neighbors cat. Not intentionally, I assure you. I was merely petting it when it squirmed free from me and began to bolt and I simply drew my hand out to grab it and... To this day I'm not entirely sure what sort of spell it was. I haven't seen a magic of that type come from my wand since, but whatever it was marked the end of life for the cat. Things like that just kept happening to me. First the cat, then a tiny rabbit I found digging in the garden, a bird I dared point at as it sang. I kept casting death out every which way I turned and I was afraid. But I was also enraptured. 

As much as I wanted to feel bad for the killings I was causing I couldn't. My interest in the magic and the bodies it produced was overwhelming and I tried to keep it a secret for as long as I could. Just a few weeks before my eleventh birthday my secret came out to the most unexpected of people. I had killed, yet another, bird and was simply futzing with the thing. I always liked when the birds died because I liked to look at their wings. When they're flying you can never get a good look, you see, but once they're dead you can see just how impressive they really are. Well, there I go letting my fascinations get the best of me again. What I was leading to was that in my preoccupied state I hadn't really noticed that our elderly neighbor had been keeping his eyes on me. He was a wizard and had seen the beginnings of magic in a child before. He decided to come and speak to me about my magic and we formed the most unlikely of friendships.

Vesper G. Davis, that was his name. He must have been about eighty-three when he and I began our little friendship but his mind was every bit as sharp as a younger man. At first I had thought that he was going to yell at me, so naturally I was in tears thinking of the punishment that awaited me, but Vesper did quite the opposite. He'd been watching me a while I supposed and he found that we shared the same interest in death. See, the man owned a funeral parlor and he told me about just how he came into his line of work and what he enjoyed about it. And then he asked me the question that changed my life forever and set my curiosities ablaze: would you like to see a dead body? Such a strange question to anyone else, perhaps, but to me it was like opening Pandora's box. I was excited and intrigued, and more than anything I wanted to see just what he had in store for me. His parlor was just a few blocks down the street and I, admittedly, lied to my father about where I was going when I asked his permission to go. 

The first few times I accompanied Vesper to his parlor I was more than content in just viewing the bodies and hearing their stories. Over time, though, both he and I grew much more comfortable with more than that. But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Not but a few weeks after this elderly gentleman piqued my curiosity did I receive my letter to Hogwarts. We had all assumed it was coming and so Harvey and myself were sent off to school come that September. I was sorted into Ravenclaw, as Vesper had predicted I would be, and found myself rather missing my sisters and that old coot who lived just next door. For the most part I did well in my studies, save for a few instances of not following directions and catching a bit of flack for it. I joined dueling club the instant I learned my first spell. Not that I was any good then, really, but still I was more there for observation. Watching the older kids and their wand movements, listening to the incantations and repeating them to myself until I was sure they were correct. My first two years were mainly consumed by my love of dueling and my love of potions. They satisfied my thirst for knowledge, though I'd have much rather been in the mortuary with Vesper.

My third year at Hogwarts my baby sisters came to the castle and I was as thrilled as thrilled could be. I missed them quite a bit while I was away, Winter especially, and to have them close to me once more was a blessing. Every year seemed to go about the same. I would spend my summers with Vesper aiding him in his old age with the parlor and letting him teach me the sickest and most interesting of things. The man, by all counts, should have been deemed mad long ago but I worshiped him. Father, well, he let me work there in the summers. Probably saw it as me doing a good service to the Vesper in his old age, and bringing in some money of my own was appreciated. My father was raising us alone, as I told you before, and while he wouldn't accept my money he couldn't very well tell me to return the school supplies I bought myself and my siblings at the end of every summer. Be it the money or the community service outlook of it no one seemed to really catch on the what Vesper and I were truly up to. He had become a master of science, it seemed, and he was passing his knowledge down to me. He would complain often about his own children and how they never shared his passions. According to him they had never wanted to take part in the family business let alone in his experiments behind the scenes. Me? I was enthralled by all of it.

My fifth year at Hogwarts death attempted to follow me to school. During the Halloween Feast there was an attack, though it was lucky that nobody was killed. I was sick with worry about what that meant for my siblings and myself. I was unscathed, but for how much longer? Who was the target next? Almost as if the universe decided to answer my question aloud there was a second attack. This time on a much smaller scale. The youngest Potter children were attacked by a Slytherin girl and once again I began to worry for my own siblings. Winslow, that was her name, she was taken to Azkaban but I couldn't help but be wary about who else may have ill feelings towards the other students, or toward me and my family. The year came to an end without any more problems at Hogwarts and I was glad. I wanted the worry to end and I was glad to have an escape to go home to with Vesper. By this time he was quite old, not able to do as much, so I began running the experiments under his supervision. He inspired me to try some of my own and dared me to beg questions I wanted answered. Anything was possible, he said, as long as death did it's job we would have more to practice on. That July death did it's job, and it did it very well.

I was far away from Diagon Alley when the attack occurred, but that didn't stop me from being afraid. I had already been through the two at school and now it was like they were spreading out further into our world. The Death Eaters had broken free and, while I should have been mortified, I was more excited than anything. Because for the first time in quite some time we had multiple bodies in the mortuary. Now, typically you'll always have one. Someone is always dead somewhere, I can assure you that, but to have two? Three or four? Merlin, it was thrilling. We could conduct multiple experiments at once this way and not have to worry about conserving the body for only the most important ones. We had bodies to spare! It was the upmost exciting summer of my life thus far! As the bodies from the attacks stopped coming in, though, I found myself.....rather bored. I didn't much like being bored, not after having such excitement earlier in the year! That was when I got my brilliant idea to start creating my own bodies.

No, no, I don't mean making children for Godric's sake-- what I meant was that if I were to be the one doing the killings, well.... I could have as many as I'd like, couldn't I? That was when I decided to take my first life. My first human life, let me be specific in that, and I did so relatively easily. I preyed on muggles first. They never quite knew it was coming and what with the Ministry so wrapped up in the Death Eater business they never seemed to come for me. Let me tell you, as a child I never experienced the high like I do now when I kill. Back then I was more startled than anything. I never intended those animals to be hurt, but these people? Their deaths were very intentional. What I did not intend was to like it so very much. I mean, the looks on their face, the sound of that last breath. It's mesmerizing. I could watch people die all day. And the best part? I could do it and not a single soul would ever know, aside from Vesper. At first he was upset. He was worried I would be caught but once we worked out how to dispose of the body he was questioning why he had never thought of it before! I mean, we have an incinerator! Just dump the ashes with the others, Merlin, no one will know the difference! I spent nearly every day of my summer months working for Vesper but, as usual, it came to an end at the start of September when I made my way back to Hogwarts.

Whilst I was away at school something horrible happened at the Ministry and the Death Eaters, yet again, had performed an attack. I should have been afraid. I was always afraid before when such things happened but when I heard the news I was....oddly excited? It meant another influx of bodies, bodies I didn't have to work for, and I liked that. It meant less time preying on people and more time doing what I really loved: experiments. From that year forward my Hogwarts days seemed to fly past me and the only thing that slowed me down was the lock down after graduation. I was stuck in the school for quite some time before they finally released me but when I was free, Merlin was I free. I was excited to have nothing standing in the way between me and my passion. No longer were the days of classes! Now I would be teaching myself and learning solely from Vesper. His growing age was slowing him, though, and I could sense it. The money brought in from the parlor wasn't much and he was having a hard time affording the potions he needed in his old age and the equipment needed for our tests. I racked my brain trying to figure a way to help him. I could always have gotten a second job, but the thought of losing time from my passions was not one that I enjoyed thinking about. One day I was sat in a bar pondering just what I was going to do when I overheard a conversation between two blokes. The topic? How they just wish their bloody boss would croak already. And that was when my second big idea came to me.

Why kill for free when I could get paid? Those two were more than willing to offer me a lump sum if I completed the task of finally riding them of their boss and, wouldn't you know it, the man went down like a sack of potatoes. I'll never forget him, nor will I forget how hard Vesper and I laughed when his intestines came popping out like a spring loaded box of confetti. Merlin, what a sight. Anyhow, that was how I started killing for money and helping out my good mate Vesper with his expenses. I was even making a bit of extra cash and he convinced me that continuing my schooling was the way to go. I thought he was loony, I did! I never wanted to do anything more than what we were doing at the parlor and I couldn't imagine what in Gordric's name he wanted me to learn at some university. When he said medicine I nearly fell from my stool and had a heart attack of my very own. Medicine? I had no interest in healing people! Quite the opposite, I'd rather them all be dead! But he convinced me that the knowledge I would gain in the case of human anatomy and function could only better serve our plans. That, and to see the effects of illness on the body, to see what it was that caused the bodies that came naturally to our little parlor. I had to agree with him, it seemed, and so in September of 2017 I began my schooling at Gráinneog Institute. 

Unfortunately before the end of that year I was visited again by death in the most devastating of ways. Vesper G. Davis passed peacefully in his sleep at the ripe old age of ninety-two. His was the first body that I had ever seen, since my mothers, that I did not do a single experiment on. For a while the parlor was empty. I did not dare go there not knowing what was to become of it. I figured his children would come for it, sell it maybe, or perhaps the bank owned it after all was said and done. Mid-December I received an owl from Vesper's attorney signifying my newly stated ownership of the parlor. That batty old coot had left the whole place to me and I couldn't believe it. I was thrilled just as much as I was heartbroken. I mean, to continue on without him...I was prepared for it to be difficult, that's all that I can say. I reopened the parlor with a different name the following January, one to commemorate Vesper. Dell'Aldilà, that's what I called it. It means afterlife in Italian of all things- his native language. The way I saw it... me continuing his work, that was what he would have wanted in his afterlife, and that was exactly what I did. Unfortunately, this past year I lost my magic with the illness that swept the UK. My side job, the killing for money, it's gotten a bit sloppier now that I don't have my magic but that's alright. My more pressing work has continued on, and my one true companion remains: Death. I know now that she will never leave me, and if she does....it will simply be because I have joined her. In Dell'Aldilà."

parents
Edith Arington - Mother, Deceased
@welkin - Father
siblings
- Twin Brother "But I'm the eldest. By two minutes."
@summer - Sister, twin to Winter
@winnie - Sister, twin to Summer
children
"Gods, no. My nephew is plenty enough for me."
partner
"Morti Perpetua is her name." -heavy sigh- Osteros that's just Italian for Eternal Death. 
other family
"None of great importance."
family history
Welkin and Edith met in a small pub just outside of London. She was on holiday from school and he was taking a day off from work, after having his ears boxed by his boss for acting a fool. It was simple and oh, so honestly cheesy romantic comedy type of meeting. She had had too many drinks and he was getting up to leave and her drink ended up in his lap. He walked her home, mainly because she wasn't from there and he didn't want to see her being taken advantage of in that state. It sort of sparked a horrible love affair and before they knew it she had moved into his flat. They dated, and after about two years a bit of a funk settled in. She wanted to move forward and to get married, have a family. He said no, so she left.

They lived apart for six months before he showed up at her door, flowers in hand and apologized. It had taken him far too much alcohol, far too much time, for him to see that he loved her and well, he did. Something he was not good at telling anyone. They married a year later in a small ceremony and around a year later, she found out she was pregnant. Twin boys came and then around three years later, twin girls. It was hard for her to deliver the girls. Hard for her to make it through and though she fought hard after Winter was delivered she closed her eyes and never regained consciousness.

Consumed by grief, Welkin moved the family from Brighton where they had been living to the north closer to his family home to have help, and tried his best to raise four children under the age of five alone.

(Taken from Joyce)

other
Please sort @alekr first pretty pretty pretty plez
face claim
Simon Nessman
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
Yee
how did you hear about us?
Skeleton army dropped a pamphlet at my house?
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Dec 8, 2018 3:05:53 GMT -5

Pending!

Hi, okay, so! Just a few things:

-In his general appearance, you bring up him doing autopsies. But autopsies are done by hospitals or the government to determine cause of death and is done by doctors! So he couldn’t do autopsies. At a funeral parlor, he could be a mortician — they deal with the embalming, and all that jazz, but not autopsies!

-Reanimating corpses is technically necromancy! If he has the ability to do that, he’s a Necromancer for one, but also he needs training. It’s a skilled art and not something that he could really just do for fun! And it’s difficult magic so I would find it a little hard to believe he could achieve that while still in school! If you think that Vesper was training him enough in Necromancer that he could do it, I will believe you, but I just wanted it noted that it’s difficult magic.

-Most of his achievements I find to be a little unrealistic for his age! He’s only been out of Hogwarts for a year — how has he killed two hundred and thirteen people already? Especially since he really couldn’t have started that particular job before he turned seventeen since he still had the Trace on him. And 36,426 experiments is 1,917ish experiments a year. And since obviously he couldn’t be experimenting when he was a baby, we’ll say he started experimenting at 9 when he killed that first cat…that’s 3,642 experiments a year. I really don’t see how that’s possible!

-Also, a funeral home would not be an internship that Hogwarts would accept. It’s established companies only, so he couldn’t work for Vesper while still at Hogwarts! (I think that’s what this sentence means but it’s 3am so if I misunderstood, please forgive me!

Vesper thought it was high time I started working for him even while I was in Hogwarts. Dad signed the papers, thank the Gods, and my sixth year at Hogwarts I began working outside the castle with Vesper at the funeral parlor.

If you meant as summer work, a-okay, again blame the late hour!

-Also this is the smallest of side notes but people have died from the Epidemic! Mostly just from the symptoms — the flu hits older people harder than younger ones, etc., or from complications. But he obviously wouldn’t have been able to get his hands on those bodies because they’d be in the St. Mungo’s morgue! I just wanted to let you know that he’d likely know there had been a few deaths!

Phew okay that is it! Also I wrote the word autopsies so many times it stopped looking like a word.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 8, 2018 8:55:30 GMT -5

Alrighty! I have made the following changes:

In his appearance I have changed it from "performing autopsies" to "processing cadavers". I have also added Mortician to his list of things that he does because it's a large part and I totally spaced that it should be there haha! Good call!

I removed the bit about reanimating from his skills and also deleted a few tiny bits, including the bit under hobbies that alluded to him reanimating corpses to now say: "He's always got ideas on just how the dead can be useful. And if not useful, at least a little interesting." (It was the one explaining Experimenting).

I also removed the two achievements that you were concerned were slightly outlandish. They were embellishment anyway and he doesn't need them haha We know he kills people and we know hes a creep, so he can just CHILL.

Idk why my brain thought for sure there was work release. I'm going to blame sleepiness which is a brain killer as we all know haha I erased the piece that you had quoted and in it's place have put: "I spent nearly every day of my summer months working for Vesper but, as usual, it came to an end at the start of September when I made my way back to Hogwarts." So no, he didn't work there at Hogwarts, it was merely a summer job thing. My bad, my bad!

AND, finally, I erased that sentence about people dying of the epidemic. Again, he's just extra af haha Didn't need it in there.

Those, I believe, were all the changes we needed! Let me know if there's anymore and THANK YOU FOR ROCKING IT LAST NIGHT! Love ya!!
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Dec 8, 2018 18:54:39 GMT -5

Accepted