Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 8, 2018 21:54:16 GMT -5

Only the Best.
@nikolaj
Necklace
Karel would hold his hands up and admit he was looking forward to this visit. It was getting a bit suffocating in the castle, normally there'd have been at least one visit to Hogsmeade by now, but with the sickness that had been going around it had been postponed and Karel hadn't been impressed. He did spend time on the Quidditch Pitch when he needed to unwind or be left to his thoughts and remain undisturbed, but it wasn't the same as being able to browse Hogsmeade, especially considering he could walk the streets and be alone whilst everyone else flitted about looking for their families and loved ones. His highlight of Hogsmeade though was always being able to see his parents and Uncle. It may not seem that way at first glance but Karel was close to them so he always took the opportunity to see them and talk to them if he could, even if it was through letters. He'd been told that his mother and father couldn't make it today and he was a little disappointed but it wasn't the end of the world, but when he'd received the letter from his Uncle that told him that he would be there; that had been a welcome bit of information. He needed to speak to his Uncle about a few different things, including finding someone for Giacomo as part of a deal he'd made but he wanted to be able to just talk with him first of all.

He wasn't expecting to meet his uncle for another half an hour, so he was taking the opportunity to buy a Christmas present for Miranda; he'd not told anyone about his relationship with the witch, in his opinion, it was no one else's business but their own. Karel knew he should probably tell his family, especially if he intended to spend some of the holidays with his fellow snake but he was going to put it off as much as possible. As he browsed the shelves a golden necklace caught his attention and he made his way over to it, sliding it off the manikin and resting it in the flat of his hand. He wasn't sure what exactly to buy for Miranda, he wanted to buy something that she'd know he'd put thought into. He wasn't big on public display of affections so the most he'd willingly do with Miranda when they were around others was walking with her to class and holding the door for her. He knew it irritated her sometimes, not because he was being a gentleman with her, but because she hated feeling weak and even something as simple as walking with her seemed to push the wrong buttons but she never put up much of a fight which Karel took as a good sign. What was also difficult though, was not making her think she had a money value, that he wanted to buy her affection and even though this necklace was quite expensive, he'd actually taken the time and he hoped that she would like it.

Karel continued to scan the shelves, keeping a tight hold of the necklace; none of them jumped out at him quite like this one, so after a little more debating. He strolled up to the counter and placed it down. He heard the door open behind him and glanced over his shoulder, a brief moment of panic passing over him when he saw his Uncle walking in; but instead of letting it show, he smiled charmingly at his Uncle and as the woman began to put the necklace in the box, Karel strolled over to his Uncle, "Early as always, I shouldn't be surprised." He said, the faintest hint of joking seeping into his voice as he hugged him, maybe the fact Karel had willingly hugged him would temporarily distract his Uncle Nik from asking questions "Just let me pay for this and I'll be with you." He said, going back to the counter and pulling his wallet out, handing the woman the right amount and picking the gift-wrapped box up and slipping it into his pocket. "I was going to get a suit fitting for the Christmas party you told me about and the ball." He explained, "But I can always put it off." He said with a smile, buttoning his suit jacket and looking up at the older wizard.