blood status
Pureblood
sexual orientation
Heterosexual
epidemic x status
Student so immune for now!
occupation
Slytherin Student | Witch Weekly Intern
(if she got her way, she’d intern at Aurora Technologies, but she’s a Lady, and her mother doesn’t want her to scare off future husbands by being too smart, apparently)
general appearance
Appearance is courtesy of @rayyan , because why explain herself when she can get someone else to do it for her?

“Rhea’s shorter than me. What? She is. I don’t know, probably around 5’5”, 5’6”. It’s not like I follow her around with a tape measure that would be a horrible way to flirt. Her hair’s light brown. A mix of wavy and straight--it’s nice, actually. Brown eyes, and some freckles across her nose. Yeah, I’ve noticed. Don’t make a big deal out of it. She usually looks pretty bored, honestly, but when she does smile it lights up the room it really stands out, you know? Because it’s pretty rare. She’s got a nice smile, I guess, her lips are really… full? Yes, they’re also nice. I’ve noticed. It’s kind of hard not to notice, I do have eyes.” Eyes for Rhea Nott, yes you do. “Not the point. Anyways, this is about how Rhea looks, right? What else is there… she’s thin. Slender, but in a graceful way. Like she could wear just about anything and look…” Don’t say nice again. “Refined. Elegant. Yeah, that’s it.”

He doesn’t know that she also has a scar on her back from the Halloween fire, but she hates that scar so she’s not complaining that he doesn’t know that.

“Oh, and I have my belly-button pierced. Don’t tell my mother.”

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Slytherin
achievements
Arithmancy Club Member (3rd Year to Present) (“And I’ll be leading that club when Graves graduates, mark my words.”)
Band Member (1st Year to Present) (“Learning an instrument is important, and I’ve been playing violin since I was old enough to hold it up myself.”)
Dueling Club (5th Year to Present) (“Look, I don’t care that much about dueling but it’s by far the most popular club in school and the drama at these meetings. You haven’t lived until you’ve seen a Rosier-Weasley matchup. I’ve got to have a front row seat to that.”)
Mock Wizengamot Club (3rd Year to Present) (“It’s a club where you get to argue. How can I pass that up?”)

university
-
university major(s)
-
years attended
-

skills
FLIRTING  Coy smiles and always knowing the clever thing to say to a boy she likes (or any boy, really)? Yes, she's got the flirt thing down and she's confident enough to go up to anyone and flirt if that's what she wants to do.  
INFECTIOUS PERSONALITY ♕ She’s a person that others gravitate toward and want to be around. She can be nice when she wants to be, but she is always vivacious and fun to be around.
ETIQUETTE & BEING A LADY ♕ Her mother raised her to be a proper pureblood lady, even during the time when her father was in the work camp and they were in Knockturn Alley. Manners, etiquette, how to run a household, take care of a garden, how to cook… we could go on and on about what Rosalind taught her, and to this day it is not uncommon for Rhea to use “I’m a lady!” as an excuse not to do something or to act a certain way. ask LJ.
MIND GAMES, MIND GAMES, MIND GAMES ♕ they’re fun, okay. She’s good at reading people and playing with them based on what she’s learned about them.
ARITHMANCY  Her mother doesn't like her to admit that she's good at this, but she really loves Arithmancy. But she won't admit it, because 'can't scare away future husbands by being smarter than them.' She's read more Arithmancy books than most people will in their lifetime and she's got a mind for numbers. It's by far her favorite subject.
GETTING HER WAY ♕ She knows how to get what she wants. She is the youngest child in her family, the only daughter. Getting her way at home is something of an art that she's mastered but even outside of her home, she doesn't find it all that difficult to get her way.
weaknesses
LOWKEY A SPOILED BRAT ♕ as good as she is at getting her way, there are always going to be times when she doesn’t. She does not like it when she doesn’t get her way. She is spoiled, and a brat, and she is so pouty when she doesn’t get her way.
MASTER MANIPULATOR ♕ she thinks that this should be put in skills, not weaknesses, but I mean, come on, Rhea. Being manipulative is not a good thing. She likes to play games with people, mostly for her amusement, and no Rhea, again, this is a weakness, it is a bad thing, this is not up for debate.
THE ALCOHOL TOLERANCE ♕ look, if she’s not drinking wine, her tolerance is trash. She doesn’t want me to fess up to this, but it’s true. She’s a lightweight. Maybe she’ll build up a tolerance over time, she’s only sixteen, but currently her tolerance is trash.
POTIONS She thinks potions is an incredibly frustrating subject and she has ruined more potions than she has successfully completed. Being able to drop it after her fifth year was the best but her father still tries to teach her more now that he's lost his magic because he likes potions made from home but really, she thinks that's a horrible idea.
positive traits
CHARMING  ELEGANT  INTUITIVE  PERSUASIVE  PLAYFUL  RESOURCEFUL  VIVACIOUS 
negative traits
AMBITIOUS  CONCEITED  DEVIOUS  MANIPULATIVE  SELF-INDULGENT  SHALLOW 
hobbies/interests
BOYS (TOYING WITH THEM, SHAGGING THEM, WHATEVER)  MIND GAMES  DRINKING  READING ARITHMANCY BOOKS BECAUSE SHE'S AN ARITHMANCY NERD SHE'S HER MOTHER'S CROSSWORD PUZZLE TESTER  SPA DAYS ("I love a good deep-tissue massage, especially with a handsome masseuse."
accomplishments
-

character history
“Talking about myself is something that I am very good at, thank you. So obviously, I’m going to take it from here.”

And you’re going to breeze over all of the stuff that you don’t want to talk about so I’m going to have to take over.

“Whatever. So, I was born in 2002, youngest sister of two brothers that are honestly way less interesting than me. Sorry, but it’s true. I am the fun one in the family.”

She loves her brothers really, she just likes to talk a big game sometimes. And she also does think that she’s more fun than Ophion. Because he’s a workaholic it’s fine.

“Are you going to make snide little comments throughout this entire history?”

Yes.

“Fine. I was only raised in Nott Estate for five years before Minister Durant took over and ruined everything so I honestly hadn’t remembered the place all that well. We had to move to a flat in Knockturn Alley when I was five. I don’t remember that time all that well, all right, so we’re not going to talk about it.”

She remembers more than she wants to admit, actually. Like her father coming home looking more exhausted and broken by the day, and her mother crying at the sink while she did dishes. More than that, but we will move on.

“Ophion was the first to get out of there by heading to Hogwarts. It got harder when he was gone, and harder still when Caerus left too. It was just me and my parents in the flat, and my mother tried to focus on teaching me how to be a pureblood lady, but it was hard for me to see the point in that when we were where we were. Regardless, it made her feel better so I let her teach me everything that she knew, even if I didn’t really feel like anything was ever going to change.

After all, I was so young when we left the manor that I barely remembered that life at all.

It was a little easier for us because my Uncle Malcolm was never arrested so over time, we started spending more time over at his manor and staying over there. My father stayed in Knockturn Alley most of the time, since it was just easier that way, and I’m sure that was hard on him. It was hard to be away from him, but my mother thought it was for the best that we stayed at our uncle’s.

Eventually, I went to Hogwarts too. I was sorted into Slytherin, which wasn’t too much of a surprise. It was really only that or Ravenclaw, and it could have gone either way. Caerus had gone to Ravenclaw, Ophion to Slytherin, but I ended up in Slytherin. I joined the band in my first year — learning an instrument was a necessity according to my mother, and I’ve been playing violin since… I barely even remember how old I was. Maybe four or five. So by that point, I’d been playing for six or seven years. Joining the band was just an obvious.

School was school. It wasn’t exactly the best time to be a pureblood, let alone from a sacred twenty-eight family, but Slytherins stick together, so that’s something. I figure it was harder to be Caerus in Ravenclaw, because at least those of us in Slytherin house could look after each other.

I ended up joining a couple of other clubs — Arithmancy, dueling, Mock Wizengamot. I actually really love Arithmancy, though my mother would rather I not admit that because ‘Don’t scare away a husband by being smarter than them, Rhea.’ Arithmancy is a nerdy subject, apparently. It’s fine.”

There was also that fire, in her third year, that she doesn’t want to talk about. She got a bad burn on her back and there is just the slightest bit of a scar remaining, even if it’s really not as bad as she thinks it is.

“Things got better after Minister Wentzell took over. My father was free of the work camp, we got our manor back, and it’s been better. Not perfect, admittedly. There’s always some drama. Changes in Ministers, changes in alliances — but honestly, I”ll take this drama over being in Knockturn Alley ever again.

Sometimes we get our fair share of people talking about what we’re up to. We’re definitely not the… strictest family in the sacred twenty-eight, much to my father’s dismay. My uncle came home with a strange girl from Siberia, which there were a fair share of whispers about but Sera is one of my best friends, so people have learned quickly not to say a bad word about her in front of me.

Not that she needs me to defend her. Obviously. But that’s just not the point.

Anyway, Epidemic X came around and really started changing things this year. I don’t know what’s going to come of that, but I will not be going back to Knockturn Alley. That is not up for debate.”

parents
Lester Astraeus Nott – father, fifty-seven years old; pureblood, Hogwarts Governor, Member of the Wizengamot
Rosalind Dianna Nott – mother, forty-seven years old; pureblood, Fiendishly Difficult Crossword Maker
siblings
Ophion Sinclair Nott – brother, twenty-years old; pureblood, Institute of Health and Medicine Employee
♕ @caerus  – brother, eighteen years old; pureblood, Ballycastle Bats chaser, University of Bangor student
children
-
partner
-
other family
Talia Nott - grandmother

♕ @dorian  - uncle
♕ @malcolm - uncle
♕ @anicka - aunt
♕ @ellanora - cousin
- cousin
- cousin
- cousin
♕ @philip - cousin
Izák Nott - cousin
Evangeliná Nott - cousin
Pippa Nott - cousin

♕   - aunt
♕ @avalon - aunt
♕ Jarred Greengrass - cousin
♕ Saffron Greengrass - cousin
♕ Sorrel Greengrass - cousin

♕ @theo - uncle
- aunt - "Sera doesn't like her, so she doesn't count. I'm the one who talked Sera out of killing her and I never did get a thank you note for that."
♕ @petrova - cousin
family history
The Nott family is amongst the Sacred Twenty-Eight. It is an old family, and one that supported the Dark Lord throughout both the First and Second Wizarding Wars. Ramsay Perses Nott was born following tradition. In recent generations, it has become common for the family to in some way name their children after gods and goddesses in Greek mythology, and Ramsay was no exception to that. He was the eldest son, and as such, he grew up knowing the responsibilities that would be bestowed on him when his father died. He knew that he would be expected to take care of the family, and he took that job seriously. For quite some time, he had known exactly who he was going to marry. In fact, there was hardly a time in his life when he didn't know that he was meant to marry a pureblood witch from Greece, from Thessaloniki.

He met her numerous times throughout the years, because it wasn't uncommon for the Nott family to vacation in Greece, and that was how the families knew each other, after all. Those visits continued throughout his years at Hogwarts, and afterwards as well. It was during his last visit that he proposed, and she obviously said yes, though that wasn't something that was in question, clearly. It had all been arranged, after all, and they had always gotten on rather well. She had been raised speaking multiple languages, including English, so there had never been any kind of language barrier that would make a marriage like this one simply more complicated. When Talia graduated from school, she moved to Nottingham, and they were married soon after.

Throughout their marriage, they were blessed with three children, all boys. First came Lester Astraeus Nott, also following in the tradition of having a middle name straight out of Greek mythology, and a few years later came Malcolm Icarus Nott. He was followed by Dorian Theseus Nott. They raised them the way that Notts were always raised -- knowing that they were among the best that the wizarding world had to offer, with the power of their last name and the strength of their blood. When the Dark Lord rose to power, Ramsay rose right along with him, taking the Mark and following him, sure that he would bring the wizarding world into a better future. That was not to be, of course, because the Dark Lord fell as abruptly as he had risen, and with his fall, Ramsay did what most others did, and he claimed that his loyalty had only been due to the Imperius Curse, and because of threats to his family. That time around, he avoided Azkaban.

He was one of the many that did not look for the Dark Lord, and that believed him to be gone, and so they moved forward the best they could -- carefully, because he was well aware that there would be many that would not believe that his work had been done under the Imperius Curse. They still raised their sons the way that Notts were meant to be raised, and taught them the dark arts in the privacy of their home, though they were well aware that the Ministry could come knocking at any moment, as they were known to do with families that they didn't quite trust. Marriages were always going to be arranged for their children, as and his eldest son was set to marry Rosalind Greengrass, while his younger son... well, we'll get to that later.

Or now.. now is good. Their younger son was a bit more of a free spirit, and since he wasn't their heir, Ramsay and Talia agreed not to arrange anything for him just yet. Instead, they let him sort of do what he wanted, knowing that he would eventually to the Nott name proud and settle down with an appropriate witch. The Dark Lord rose again, and this time, both Lester and Malcolm took the mark, and joined his ranks alongside their father. This time, Ramsay had been sure that the Dark Lord would be successful, but once again, he was mistaken. This time around, Ramsay was sent to Azkaban, though Malcolm avoided it due to tiresome efforts from his father. Lester was put on trial, but was a minor player in the grand scheme of things, and was sentenced with work release. It was in Azkaban that Ramsay later died, in 2011. In the years that followed, Lester was eventually sent to the work camp, and neither Lester nor Malcolm hesitated in joining with Ares Wentzell in their next attempts to rise to power.

other
-
face claim
Bridget Satterlee
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
Nah
how did you hear about us?
Something clever
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan