Apolline Margary Arianna Dumbledore
by Morgan
birthday
blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
Bisexual
epidemic x status
Infected -- cue her glaring at her brothers.
occupation
Alchemist | Necromancer | Occultist | Co-Owner of Hog's Head | She’s actually kind of creepy, it’s fine
general appearance
“Now, if I were either of my brothers, I would start immediately talking about how all the boys and some girls flock to The Hog’s Head when I’m behind the bar. And if I were ever behind the bar, then maybe that would be true. But I leave that to my brothers, for the most part. Yes, sometimes if there is no other option, I will go back there, but it’s definitely not something that I do willingly. I just get so bored.

Well, what does amuse me about the bar is mixing up strange concoctions and seeing what patrons I can flirt into drinking them, but that’s just a song for another time, isn’t it?”

Yes, actually, seeing as this is about your appearance and you have yet to say one thing about how you look.

“Fine, yes, let me take a page from my siblings’ books, shall I? With sultry curves and red hair, many single men find their way into The Hog’s Head to see if they can tip me enough for me to give them the time of day (hint, you can’t). My absolutely flawless pale skin and those recognizable blue eyes that all Dumbledores have (though mine have a darker ring around the outside), perfect the whole ‘gorgeous barmaid’ vibe that I definitely, one hundred percent am going for. How’s that?”

You’re the worst, actually. But thank you for making fun of your brothers, I’m sure that they will really appreciate that.

former school
Homeschooled
former house
-
achievements
Made her grandfather annoyed enough to leave the room while teaching them on at least seventeen occasions (“Seventeen times might not seem that much, but you would have to know my grandfather. There isn’t that much that ruffles his old feathers.”)
  Asked nine questions that her grandfather did not know the answer to (“And he knows a hell of a lot, okay, so yes, that’s another achievement. You have to take what you can get when homeschooling. But if we were going to name someone a valedictorian or a prefect, I think I could have charmed my way into the position over Al. There’s benefits to being the only granddaughter.”)

university
Nuremberg Hochschule für dunkle Künste (Nuremberg College of Dark Arts)
university major(s)
Necromancy + Occultism + Alchemy
years attended
2006-2011

skills
“Shall we just leave it at everything, and call it a day?”

Um… let me think about that… no.

ALCHEMY ● She really thinks we should just put everything, but hi yes, we’re not going to. She learned alchemy first from her grandfather, but then it was her primary focus at university, and all of Nuremberg’s majors have a darker tilt on them than what you would learn in some other countries, so… for the most part, you don’t want to know what she’s capable of creating or what she’s doing in her experiments.
NECROMANCY ● Her obsession with the Resurrection Stone undoubtedly ties in both of her passions, alchemy and necromancy. Her passion is… like I said, a bit of an obsession, but she’s incredibly talented in both fields. If anyone could recreate a Resurrection Stone, it would be her. “No, it’s going to be me.”
DRINK MIXING ● For avoiding working behind the bar as much as possible, she can craft an… interesting drink. Sometimes she makes drinks a little strange and eccentric on purpose just to see who she can get to drink them. “And I always get someone to drink it.” Yes, and you are weirdly proud of that fact, I know.
SINGING VOICE ● You are not going to hear her admit this in this life or the next, but she’s got pipes. “I don’t see why this is even worth mentioning, to be completely honest.” Because I’m in charge right now, Ap, and I think it’s worth saying.
USING HER WILES ● Sometimes, you can’t get what you want in a fair way, and sometimes you can use your assets to get what you want. She is not afraid of doing that. In fact, she uses it to her advantage near constantly. And then she tells her brothers about it just to annoy them. Or she tells them that if they can’t seduce someone into giving them information, then she’ll do it for them. She thinks she’s very good with both sexes.
USING HER SISTER WILES ● A different kind of wiles, okay. She would do anything for her family, of course, and she knows that they would do anything for her. Does she use that to her advantage sometimes? Yes. Ax especially has a soft spot for her and she would be idiotic not to use that when she needs to. “But I love them. Truly. Not that I go around throwing that word about all that often.”
weaknesses
POWER-HUNGRY ● “Far be it for me to not fess up to it when both of my brothers did. Yes, fine.” Ever since the obsession with the Hallows started, she has gotten more tastes of power than she’s likely to admit when it comes to her alchemy experiments — and also the feeling of raising something from the dead, though yes, Inferi are not the same. That is why she is going to recreate the Resurrection Stone. The more power that she, and her brothers have, the better. “Yes, me and my brothers. But me first. I am figuring my hallow out first. Then Al and Ax can duke it out for who is last.”
FLORIAN MÜLLER ● We are not going to talk about him. Apparently, we don’t talk about him. I’m getting death daggers right now. I might not make it out of this app alive if I keep talking. Okay, Ap, but seriously can we please just — “Fine. My ex from my time at university and into my travels. He died. And it might have something to do with my original, renewed interest in the resurrection stone. Maybe. But I’m past it. And, might I add, my brothers do not know about him, so don’t even think about it…” Yeah, Al is actually a Legilimens, but whatever you want to tell yourself.
MAGICAL CREATURES ● I don’t know if animals see something in her that people don’t, but there are definitely animals that just don’t seem to like her. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m great with animals.” You’re not actually, but it’s fine. Cats like her though, so she thinks that is something. “Cats are smarter than most creatures anyway.”
FAMILY COMPETITION ● They all are more than a little obsessed with the hallows, and as much as they want each other to succeed, they also want to outdo each other. It’s a little ridiculous. She definitely will be in the mood for the rest of the day if one of her brothers figures something out. But she’s still convinced she’s going to be first.
OF COURSE, THE FAMILY LEGACY ● Being a Dumbledore can be complicated, at times, what with the legacy that Albus left behind. That is a lot to live up to but, like her brothers know, sometimes it’s just annoying seeing reactions to their surnames.
positive traits
BRILLIANT (“Have you ever met an unintelligent Dumbledore? Exactly.” CAPTIVATING  DECISIVE  DISCIPLINED  SO OBSERVANT THAT IT’S SCARY MATICULOUS 
negative traits
AMBITIOUS  DECEPTIVE  DOMINATING  INTENSE  MOODY  POWER-HUNGRY (“Have you ever met a Dumbledore that didn’t crave power? Again, exactly.”
hobbies/interests
THE HALLOWS  NECROMANCY  THE OCCULT  MORE NECROMANCY  ALCHEMY EXPERIMENTS  WHATEVER SHE’S DOING IN HER ROOM WHEN SHE WON’T LET HER BROTHERS IN  GETTING HER HANDS ON RARE ALCHEMY BOOKS BY WHATEVER MEANS POSSIBLE  FLIRTING WITH PEOPLE WHEN IT BENEFITS HER  LOWKEY SCARING HOGWARTS STUDENTS WHO VENTURE INTO THE HOG’S HEAD WITH JUST A LOOK (You’re bad for business, Ap. “Go read Al and Ax’s app, and listen to them talk about how handsome they are and how much business they bring us. We’re fine.”
accomplishments
Learned from several notable alchemists, specifically: Bogrod Belby, Eunice Snell, and Humphrey Calchas in Europe, Libatius Borage in South America, and Hildegard Glossop in Germany.
Found and absolutely devoured a lost journal of Nicholas Flamel (and don’t ask how she got her hands on it, because I don’t think that we want to know how. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, people!)

character history
“Great, I can go ahead and take it from here, thank you.”

No part of me is surprised by this, since you’ve been trying to take over from the moment I started this bloody app.

“Yes well, we are talking about me, aren’t we? It’s only right that I am the one in charge.

I was born to Wilhelmina and Alfred Dumbledore. Do I remember them? No. I was only around one when they died, so young that I scarcely remember what they look like apart from photos, and I definitely don’t have the slightest clue what their voices sound like. For as long as I can remember, we were raised by Aberforth.

Both of my brothers remember our parents more than I do, though we don’t really talk about it. Al most of all, but she knows that even Ax has more memories of their parents than I do. Honestly, I don’t have any, which is unsurprising.

So, there isn’t much use in dwelling in that longer than necessary. I had my brothers, and we had our grandfather, and that was enough. At least, I have always told myself that it is enough, and I think that it is. I love my brothers — the strangest time in my life was when Ax went away to school. Al had been homeschooled so he had always been around, but Ax had wanted to leave.

It had always been the three of us so no part of me could understand wanting to leave us and go so far away. It was odd to be without him. Since I am closer to age with him than Al, normally you would think that I was closer with him and I was. And then he left.

So it was just me and Al, with our grandfather of course, but even then, Al left eventually to go to Vienna Academy of Sorcery. I knew that my time to go to university would come eventually and I had some ideas in mind. The specialities of Ax’s schools had always interested me — quite frankly, being an underground school was right up my alley, but going there meant following Ax. Going to Vienna Academy meant following Al, and I was more than just my brothers’ sister. I didn’t want to follow in their footsteps, I wanted to go off on my own. Just like Ax did, just like Al did. I wanted to make my choices somewhere new, somewhere untarnished.

So, off to Germany I went. The Nuremberg College of Dark Arts had been my final choice. Their darker slants on the majors that I was interested in was exactly what I needed, and I triple majors (yes, yes, I know… overly ambitious, but I’m a Dumbledore). Besides, it took me five years, so it’s not like I slept, breathed, and lived school. I also had a life and that, my dears, is where Florian Müller came into the picture.

I am not going to tell you our whole sordid love story — why? Because it’s none of your business, obviously. But I did love him. We dated for a good majority of my time at university and he may or may not have been my professor but that is neither here nor there. My brothers didn’t know about him. I didn’t write about him in my letters, didn’t talk about him when I came home from holidays. I think there’s a good chance one or both would have decided to kill him just because I’m their little sister and he was my older professor but… as you will learn, I am capable of taking care of myself.

Anyway, he died.”

Are you going to tell me what happened?

“No.”

Okay, but I’d really like to know what—

“He died. That’s all you’re getting out of me.”

I’m going to start to think that you—

“Think what you want. We’re moving on. His death reinvested me in the Resurrection Stone, the story I had heard over and over growing up. After I graduated, I learned from many notable alchemists, I scoured everywhere I traveled for rare alchemy tomes, or any books I could find on necromancy that wasn’t watered down and useless.

What I love more than anything is knowledge — and power, and I got more and more from my readings and experiments.

But my brothers and I… we ended back at the Hog’s Head, and with more determination than ever to recreate the Hallows. The real question is… who is going to get there first.

And I have that answer for you already: me.”

parents
Mother: Wilhelmina Dumbledore (nee Morton) - deceased age 43, halfblood
Father: Alfred Hrothgar Dagon Percival Dumbledore - deceased age 49, halfblood
siblings
@alistair - 34, halfblood, homeschooled, wandmaker
- 32, halfblood, Şolomanţă, theurgist, occultist, necromancer
children
-
partner
-
other family
Grandfather: Aberforth Dumbledore - 134, halfblood, Gryffindor Alum, Retired Owner of the Hog's Head Inn
Grandmother: Katrina Dumbledore (nee Blanchard) - deceased age 44, halfblood, Ignis Alum

Great Uncle: Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - deceased age 116, halfblood, Gryffindor Alum
Great Aunt: Ariana Dumbledore - deceased age 14, Obscurus

Great Gradmother: Kendra Dumbledore (nee Doveston) - deceased age 48, muggleborn, Gryffindor Alum
Great Grandfather: Percival Dumbledore - deceased age 58, halfblood, Gryffindor Alum

Great Grand-Aunt: Honoria Dumbledore - deceased age 69, halfblood, Hufflepuff Alum
family history
Compliments of Quinn:

Percival Dumbledore was born to Armand Cronos Rupert Horatio Dumbledore and Thalassa Dumbledore (nee Blair) in 1840. A well-known and respected halfblood family based out of England, the Dumbledores were forever shrouded in secrecy and kept to themselves. Family-centric, they believed in family above all else.

Kendra Doveston was a witch born to two muggles in 1851. Her heritage came as a surprise to her parents, who were visited by the Headmistress of Hogwarts, Eupraxia Mole.

Percival and Kendra were married shortly after their graduation from Hogwarts and began having children in their 30s.

Perhaps the most well-known of the Dumbledore generations was the generation which encompassed Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore (b. 1881), Aberforth Dumbledore (b. 1884), and Ariana Dumbledore (b. 1885) - children of Percival and Kendra. Growing up in Mould-on-the-Wold, they were a happy family, at least, until young Ariana was attacked by muggle boys who had seen her use magic. Percival attacked the young boys for their actions but kept Ariana's secret. For what she had done would have warranted her a one-way ticket to St. Mungo's. Instead, Percival was arrested and imprisoned for the rest of his life at Azkaban prison. Ariana was lost after that - lost to the magic inside of her and the trauma that lingered.

The family relocated to Godric's Hallow shortly thereafter where Kendra could watch over her daughter under the guise of caring for her illness. Ariana and Percival were rarely mentioned in public and considered a taboo in Wizarding society.

The Dumbledore brothers attended Hogwarts where Albus shined and Aberforth stood basked in his shadow.

In 1899, one of Ariana's outbursts killed Kendra and sent the family spiraling into darkness. Albus returned to Godric's Hallow and although Aberforth threatened to drop out of school to care for their little sister, Albus insisted he finish schooling.

Gellert Grindelwald's appearance in Godric's Hallow furthered the rift between the two brothers. Albus grew more and more enraptured in the man's stories and words, neglecting Ariana. When Aberforth confronted his brother about his actions, a fight erupted between Grindelwald and Albus. Ariana, caught in the middle, was hit with a stray curse and died.

Aberforth blamed Albus for Ariana's death and the pair never reconciled.

Seeking refuge in Hogsmeade, Aberforth kept away from his family. He married Katrina Blanchard a few years later - she was a curse-breaker from Finland, and she bore him one son Alfred Hrothgar Dagon Percival Dumbledore, dying in childbirth.

Alfred grew up with only his father by his side. He attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft where he was sorted into Gryffindor. A bright young man, there was a touch of sadness to everything he did, though, he persevered. After graduation, he married Wilhelmina Morton, a fellow Gryffindor. They had three children, Alistair, Axton, and Apolline, before perishing in an unfortunate explosion at the Hog's Head that some speculate was targeted at Aberforth.

After their death, Aberforth took over the Hog's Head once again until Alistair and his siblings were old enough to take ownership themselves.

other
-
face claim
Evan Rachel Wood
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
We make our own rules.
how did you hear about us?
An Inferi told us
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan