sexual orientation
Heterosexual
epidemic x status
Infected
occupation
Psychologist | Psychology Professor at Locksley Institute
general appearance
“Beautiful. That is all.”

Okay, that is not all, stop being the least helpful person in the world right now.

“Fine, I suppose I’m pretty good at talking about myself, aren’t I? I’m a Tripe, and all Tripes are gorgeous, we have really good genes. It’s a fact. I have dark hair and green eyes, which is just a killer combination in my opinion. I don’t want to say that I’m that person that girls look at and say ‘have you ever had a zit in your life?’ and I say no, but… I’m not sure that I have, honestly. Did I mention the good genes? Yes, well, they’re serious. Tripe genes do not mess around.

Height wise, I’m relatively tall for a woman. I stand at five feet, eight inches, and that isn’t even considering the fact that I wear heels or nothing at all. I do not own flats. I do own tennis shoes, they are the only shoes in my closet without a heel. That and my slippers.

Yes, I have slippers. They are very comfortable. And trust me, when I’m in lingerie, Avery isn’t going to make fun of me for wearing fuzzy slippers.”

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Slytherin
achievements
Choir (1st Year - 7th Year; 1990-1997)

university
Lufkin University | Oxford University
university major(s)
Psychology | Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology, specializing in Criminal Behavior
years attended
1997-2001 | 2001-2003

skills
GETTING INTO PEOPLE’S HEADS  She's a psychologist, so this is sort of her job, but she's always been good at reading people. Good at figuring out what they're thinking, figuring out their motives. She is incredibly talented at her jobs. She has numerous articles to prove this and if you really want to see how good she is at getting into people's heads, you should read her article written about Rosalyn Sheridan, a witch that is one of the most infamous serial killers in recent history, because she really succeeds in getting into her mind.
UNDERSTANDING PEOPLE’S EMOTIONS  She doesn't want to put this all on the fact that she is an Empath, though it certainly helps with her work. Even before she fully understood her gift, she was good at understanding how people are feeling. It just came as second nature to her, though obviously a lot of this did have to do with the fact that she's an Empath. This gift is a little complicated now that she's sick, but it's fine everyone, everything is fine.
INCREDIBLY FANTASTIC POKER FACE  This is important with her work too. Sometimes people tell her things in interviews and she can't exactly react to them. That wouldn't be the making of a good psychologist, so a poker face is important. Guess what, it also comes in handy when she's mad at her husband and doesn't want to give him an inch. Or if she has a present for him or the kids and doesn't want to give it away. Just in general, it is useful, okay.
VERY GOOD AT FLIRTING WITH HER HUSBAND  Flirting is fun, it is known. She has always been good at the doe eyes and the sly comments, but she thinks she has flirting with her husband down to an actual art. It's true, okay. 
ACTUALLY GOOD AT TEACHING, WHICH SORT OF SURPRISES HER Interviewing for a professor position was honestly something that she just did on a whim, and then she took the job sort of on a whim (or a sleeping with Avery high), so she wasn't all that sure if she would be good at teaching. She knows that just because you are good at something doesn't mean that you are good at explaining it to others. But she ended up being a pretty damn good professor, "if I do say so myself."
weaknesses
PLANT KILLER  She is really bad at Herbology or any kind of gardening. She could walk through a garden and kill plants, honestly. Don't let her anywhere near any flowers you like. The only flowers she even likes are when Avery gets her a bouquet but even then, she thinks they tend to die faster than they are supposed to. "It just really seems like they do, okay?"
HER IMPATIENCE GETS HER IN TROUBLE  She has a combination of being very impatience and also really liking getting her way. So if you make her wait for something that she wants, then she's going to be annoyed, it's just a fact. And don't set off her temper because Tripes can be scary when they want to be, and that is incredibly apparent with you. I say this for your own good. "You're being dramatic." No, I really don't think that I am, actually.
TRANSFIGURATION IS NOT HER FRIEND  She just never got the hang of it. It was her least favorite class way back in the day just because it frustrated her so much. She always just barely scraped by, grade-wise, which her parents obviously weren't fond of. But she passed and that was a miracle in and of itself, in her opinion. Then she dropped it as soon as she could, and now just doesn't deal with transfiguration spells at all if she can help it.
ACTUAL PERFECTIONIST  No one is even allowed to read an article that she's working on until it's finished and until she has proofed it at least two or three times. Only then is it acceptable for someone else to even read a bit of it, let alone all of it. And even then, even if you tell her how good it is over and over, she's still going to look it over until she thinks it's perfect. And yes, potential students, that does make her a very hard grader. Be warned.
WON’T LEAVE THE HOUSE UNLESS SHE LOOKS PERFECT  She thinks that is just not even worth mentioning, but I mean, it's true. She is a pureblood, and there are always going to be some expectations. That means she's not rolling out of bed to go down the street to the coffee shop. "Now I by no means am spending an hour getting ready to go the coffeeshop. But it's not that hard to put on a semi-acceptable outfit and lipstick. Lipstick always makes you look put together, okay, it's not that hard."
positive traits
ARTICULATE  CALM  DISCREET  ELEGANT  FAIR  INTUITIVE 
negative traits
CALCUATING  CATTY  HAUGHTY  IMPATIENT  OPINIONATED  PERFECTIONIST 
hobbies/interests
WORKING, YES SOMEHOW THAT’S HER FIRST HOBBY  SPENDING TIME WITH HER FAMILY  HANGING OUT IN THE STABLES WITH REBECCA  MACARONS  SHOPPING  DOING HOUSEWIFE THINGS BECAUSE SHE’S SURPRISINGLY GOOD AT THEM  EXCELLENT AT SMALL TALK  ALSO EXCELLENT AT GETTING HER HUSBAND OUT OF SMALL TALK AT PARTIES WHEN SHE CAN TELL HE’S BORED  ENJOYS VERY INAPPROPRIATE BEDROOM THINGS
accomplishments
Most notable published articles: Understanding the Dark Side of Human Conduct (2006), Inside the Mind of a Criminal (2009), Rosalyn Sheridan: London’s Most Notorious Female Serial Killer (2012)

character history
“All right, let’s just get on with it, shall we? No need to delay when we could get this show on the road.

I am a Tripe. That means something. No, we are not a Sacred Twenty-Eight family, but we are still purebloods in the United Kingdom and I was raised as such. I am an only child and as you can imagine, that means that I grew up incredibly spoiled. I have no problem admitting this, it’s true. I am used to getting my way and that is the way that I like it, all right?

I was sorted into Slytherin at school, a fact that didn’t surprise anyone that knew me. At all, actually. I suppose for a moment, the hat considered sorting me into Ravenclaw — I am brilliant, but in the end, I was put into Slytherin, and it was there that I met some people that I have retained friendships with over the years. That’s a cold way of putting it, really, but in some ways, I gain alliances more than friendships. There are only a few people that I truly consider to be friends, and they know exactly who they are. My years there were mostly uneventful.

My years of Hogwarts were certainly muddied by Potter’s presence there. It seemed like we couldn’t go through a year without something happening. The Triwizard Tournament had at least been relatively interesting, up until the end. Meeting people from Durmstrang was especially interesting to me — I don’t know what they are feeding their boys up there, but they were handsome, okay. Very nice to look at. But I’m not going to repeat all of the rest of what happened. You have heard it all before, obviously. If you haven’t, then what the hell are you doing here anyhow?

I did graduate before the final battle, which was good. Fighting other people’s battles have never been for me, so there had just never been a reason for me to fight for Voldemort. That was never our thing. We are more healers than fighters. My father is a healer, after all, and I heal the mind… sort of. The point is, fighting in a war was of no interest to me. Instead, I was focused on my schooling at Lufkin. Psychology had always been something that I was interested in growing up, and it only made sense to go into it for a living. After graduating, I had help from the Department of Magical Relations to get my Lufkin transcripts converted into something I could submit with my application to Oxford University, and that was where I went for my masters. 

My focus was in criminal psychology. I don’t know why that was always something that I was drawn to, but it was an easy choice for me. It was something I’ve been passionate in from the start. The proof of that is in all my research, and articles, and the work that I’ve done over the years. I even got to go into Azkaban to interview Rosalyn Sheridan for an article I was writing about her — female serial killers had always interested me, and to this day, it is my most famous article, and my personal favorite.

I don’t know what drew Avery to me, but he needed professors and I guess I was pretty well known in the field of psychology by that point. So, I interviewed for the position. Mostly on a whim, really, I wasn’t sure if teaching was really for me. What I noticed from the moment that I stepped into the room was the chemistry, however. I know that sounds stupid or cliché or whatever, but it’s true.

I walked out of that room not necessarily sure that I got the job but very sure that I wanted to see Hyperion Avery again. And I did.

And now we’re married, which my parents are relieved about, obviously. Being unmarried in your late thirties for a pureblood woman is just embarrassing, really. But I have high standards and I was not about to settle. And I certainly wasn't going to let my parents arrange something. A woman has to have some control in her life, and that should certainly extend to who she lets into her bed.

Anyway, I'm quite glad that I wanted around until I found Avery. We just fit together, and I am not kidding about the immediate chemistry. It was like something I had never experienced before. Nearly unexplainable, really.

Back on topic, I suppose. I walked out of that room and I didn't only get the job, but I also got the guy. Which I suppose I wasn't expecting. I know that universities usually have policies and what not and that he likely couldn't be in any kind of relationship with anyone that he hired. Honestly, I was expecting to either get hired and him not be interested in me, or I was expecting him to not hire me and ask me out on a date instead. I was not expecting both but I am definitely not complaining.

All things considered, we got married relatively quickly but when you know, you know. And what's the point in moving slow? Exactly, no point at all.

Of course, that also meant I went from having no kids to two stepkids, but I think they like me. They seem to tolerate me well enough, at least. That's all that I can really ask for at this point.

And being married to a Dean means we can do really inappropriate things in his office. So, all things considered, things are good.”

parents
Maxwell Tripe - father, pureblood, sixty-one years old, Slytherin Alum, Artefact Accidents Healer
Selma Tripe - mother, pureblood, sixty years old, Slytherin Alum, Philanthropist
siblings
-
children
@rebecca - stepdaughter, pureblood, fifteen years old, Slytherin Student
Parker Avery - stepson, pureblood, twelve years old, Slytherin Student
partner
@hyperion - husband, pureblood, fifty-two years old, Slytherin Alum, Founder and Dean of Locksley Institute, Spell Inventor, Philanthropist, Pilot
other family
family history
The Tripes: (snatched from Quinn, because cousinnsssss!)

Previously known as the Von Tripes, the Tripe family can trace its pureblood roots through generations on generations. Their roots are seated in Austria where they were proprietors of Theater and the Arts during the 8th Century. Wealthy and considered akin to notability at the time, the Von Tripes were amongst the most powerful of Austrian families.

A series of Wizarding Revolutions in the early 14th century led the Von Tripes to relocate to England where they were able to re-establish themselves as well-off socialites and proprietors of the arts. They dropped 'Von' and proceeded to establish themselves as simply the Tripes on foreign soil. It is said that a Tripe once commissioned William Shakespeare to write a piece for the family's own amusement...according to that legend passed along from Tripe generation to generation, A Midsummer's Night Dream was born by their doing.

They began a long-standing career in medicine in the early 17th century when St. Mungo's first opened and were close friends with Healer Mungo Bonham and his family.

The Tripes continued their pureblood legacy, and consider themselves to be cultured, well-off, and politically unaligned for the time being. They rarely take sides when it comes to the political wars in Wizarding Society. More often than not, the Tripes are involved in Medical fields and rarely venture into politics.

other
Empath
face claim
Meghan Ory
status of application
Complete
have you read the rules?
No
how did you hear about us?
No
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan